Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't think the division is at a point where there are multiple good, experienced tag teams, and they have experience booking a secondary singles title too so they probably felt more comfortable doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Well there aren't any tag teams but they're going to have to create some or there never will be. It's not the same situation as the men's tag division. They've done well with thrown-together teams in the past like Kris/Shida and Ryo/Leyla and they've got a few other obvious teams they could make.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its one of those things they could use to bring more hype to their dark tapings. It'd be nice if the youtube product got a title if the fuckin networks are getting their own. They could even go whole hog and setup a sanctioning body some sort of bullshit blockchain bidding thing to set up title challenges.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The AEW Women's Tag Team titles will exist as an NFT.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Lid posted:

Its grey hair dye.
I appreciated this Good Post.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I appreciated this Good Post.

Bryan is such a fascinating creature, he's really onto it about a lot of things and then he has these absolutely bizarre blindspots that he just gets fixated on and insists he's right about. It rules, no wonder Dave likes him :allears:

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan is such a fascinating creature, he's really onto it about a lot of things and then he has these absolutely bizarre blindspots that he just gets fixated on and insists he's right about. It rules, no wonder Dave likes him :allears:

Bryan is the pure radio personality on the F4 Empire. He’s fabulous at his job.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Edward Mass posted:

The AEW Women's Tag Team titles will exist as an NFT.

TBS title is already in a Non-Featured Tournament

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
No Females Tony

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
thats a good new avatar

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
On the Lance and Bryan show they actually had a good idea: extended love triangle story with jungle boy, Anna Jay and Hook.

Romance stories are fun, and consistently a draw. Plus jungle boy can very convincingly play a guy who's probably nice but slightly boring.

I'm actually proud of Bryan for taking leave, but horrified the 10 day break will be his longest since 1999.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Alvarez and Dave constantly talk about how doing a storyline where you have problems with your legit romantic partner leads to legit problems so that’s surprising.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That’s when Vince is writing the story though

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

That’s when Vince is writing the story though

it's happened multiple times outside of the WWF

probably most famously with Woman leaving Kevin Sullivan for Chris Benoit in storyline in WCW leading to Nancy Sullivan leaving Kevin for Chris IRL

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
romance angles suck!!!!!

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

0konner posted:

Alvarez and Dave constantly talk about how doing a storyline where you have problems with your legit romantic partner leads to legit problems so that’s surprising.

Perhaps they're optimistic the younger generation are less weird? But yeah it's a weird choice.

I'm surprised the opposite, when the act is good long after the relationship, surprisingly has a better history.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

that was a Disco Inferno idea. Never listen to Disco.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
It could be fine if miro is helping book it he and Lana seem to be an exception to the rule.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This talk of losing of young viewers is pretty depressing. Like obviously everyone understanding why WWE is chasing them off, and that no one watches TV on Friday but olds, that stuff makes sense. But the other stuff also losing the youngs is not a good sign.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

It’s not an excuse, but is ANYTHING appointment television for those 18 and under?

I assume everything is being watched non-linearly (streaming, DVR, etc.)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

My 17 yr old son doesn’t watch tv at all. Not even as background, so extrapolating, there’s quite a few under 20s not interested in anything TV has to offer.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
There definitely is a major decrease in younger viewers in general in TV for sure. I don't know if it applies to AEW but for WWE Dave has laid out that the decrease is way worse than that though (for 18-25, I don't remember what he said about under 18), and that there is an active choice to watch something else.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I’ve worked with a lot of kids over the last few years and not one of them is watching tv, it’s all YouTube. Broadcast tv is absolutely hosed in the next ten years.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Hell I'm in my 30's now and I don't watch TV unless it's through some streaming service.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Mike Sempervive's version of Wrestling Observer Live is 90% puro news and views, and I am HERE for it.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I haven't watched TV in over a decade. It sucks.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

You guys should watch Succession it’s good

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

the best part of that show is the like three to five different ways Brian Cox says "gently caress off" every episode. also Kendall doing a rap about his dad as a birthday present destroyed me, unbelievably funny

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

NienNunb posted:

You guys should watch Succession it’s good

I watch Succession.

On my laptop.

On YouTube where I purchase the episodes because I live in a country without HBO.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

I haven't watched TV in over a decade. It sucks.

Why watch tv which is horrible when I can watch Bryan Alvarez live on twitch which is great

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

F4W' uploaded one of the best B&V segments ever to Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvL3LYvd0mA

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The superior HBO show about rich people being insufferable is Curb Your Enthusiasm

E: to actually contribute to the appointment viewing discussion, it's literally just wrestling and live sports to me. Can't imagine catching a basketball game on replay, but I can watch Joe Pera after the fact no problem.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tbf at least none of you are watching wrestling, TV, or especially films on your phones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

(David Lynch remains correct to this day about this)

(yes, this means I would go to the cinema to see a good wrestling show)

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
he's actually wrong sorry grandpa

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I watch rampage on my phone while eating cereal

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

You don't even need to watch wrestling anymore because they put everything you need to care about on their YouTube's.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Venomous posted:

tbf at least none of you are watching wrestling, TV, or especially films on your phones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

(David Lynch remains correct to this day about this)

(yes, this means I would go to the cinema to see a good wrestling show)

I have watched TV & wrestling on my phone. Clearly it's suboptimal but sometimes you've got a big backlog of shows to watch & a 2 hour roundtrip on the bus ahead of you.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
I definitely watched a New Year's Dash show on my phone at an airport one year.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If I can’t sleep and there’s a show on that I was going to catch the replay for I just watch it in bed on my phone, and sometimes I even pop the little video window out and just have it in the top third of my screen so I can do other stuff with my phone at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Nikki and Brie going IN on creative and the womens tag division in today's Freddie Prinzecast.