Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
It's Beer Time!

FERNDALE PROJECT RASPBERRY GOSE

I fuckin love this beer. This one has been in the fridge for a year so WE'LL SEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'll post a picture of the can to prove how old this thing is

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Here's the can with the beer in some kitschy beer glass from their other brewery

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
where all⌚😆💜 the posters at. I didn't mean to type that that's what happens when I hit the emoji button mad typed "the" and that "mad_ there 8$ because I can't type and so is that _ and that 8 and that $.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

bagmonkey posted:

Here's the can with the beer in some kitschy beer glass from their other brewery

oh thats a glass I thought that was just antkher red can on the left lol wtx

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'm not particularly drunk or anything I just never got any better at phone typing and got a new alhonr a xoye months ago and this is what it looks like when. I dknt manually go back and correct the words that were too hosed up for auto octrwxt

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Aardvark! posted:

I'm not particularly drunk or anything I just never got any better at phone typing and got a new alhonr a xoye months ago and this is what it looks like when. I dknt manually go back and correct the words that were too hosed up for auto octrwxt

It took me like 15 minutes and multiple curse words to post the pizza pic so it's okay Aardvark

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Aardvark! posted:

oh thats a glass I thought that was just antkher red can on the left lol wtx

Also I definitely bought that while drunk because it's definitely not my style. My style is mediocre pint glasses

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020

AKZ posted:

Watcha watching?

I just finished willys wonderland and it was not a well-made movie, but i thought was fun. also nic cage having zero lines kinda reminded me of a video game main character which was campy

im gonna start lights out right now. nights my daughter is with her mom is for binging horror movies cause i cant watch them otherwise!

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
what are yall watching

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

just like that

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

bagmonkey posted:

Lol I used to live in Ferndale, I was a chef at Public House.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

where all⌚😆💜 the posters at. I didn't mean to type that that's what happens when I hit the emoji button mad typed "the" and that "mad_ there 8$ because I can't type and so is that _ and that 8 and that $.

:nexus:

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Aardvark! posted:

Sorry my goon, I fell asleep on the couch while reading last night, I guess I was more wiped out than I thought.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

its_my_birthday posted:

what are yall watching

Going to start the Witcher again (season 2) and some holiday baking shows especially NAILED IT!

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I fuckin wish it were that easy, but holy poo poo if that flavor text isn't spot on for me a couple years back.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Also, lol

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I'm sobering up.

I don't usually get hangovers but if I'm going to it will be tomorrow.

WHH are you hung over? If you are let us know so we don’t post too loudly and aggravate your headache.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

bagmonkey posted:

What I'm saying is I don't know if they maybe entered that brewery phase where everything is just kinda alright and everyone just kinda tolerates it

I feel like this is an accurate description of the entire American craft brewing scene, tbqh.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

its_my_birthday posted:

what are yall watching

Wife wanted to watch American Psycho and then we threw on Lilo and Stitch.

Willy's Wonderland was pretty unimpressive, but I do like Lights Out. The black light gimmick near the end was fun. Speaking of the Cage I think I'll watch Mandy today.

Shudder has a bunch of the Silent Night Deadly Night movies which are just bonkers stupid.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

its_my_birthday posted:

im gonna start lights out right now. nights my daughter is with her mom is for binging horror movies cause i cant watch them otherwise!

Dads night in, gently caress yeah buddy! If you haven't already, "Mandy" is Nick Cage plus psychedelic horror, pretty entertaining imo

When it's just me sometimes I make everything into a music fest: making myself something to eat? Blast some 70s disco because now dinner is a retro dance party. Doing dishes? Drop some metal and MAKE THAT poo poo THE MOST BRUTAL DISH WASHING EVER. You get the idea, mixing it up is neat with music, especially something I have never listened to before.

It's not amazing but it is def fun sometimes :)

Watch some movie or read a book, the SNACK TIIIIIIIIIME

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I feel like this is an accurate description of the entire American craft brewing scene, tbqh.

I complain about this all the time. The majority of craft brewers (my observation) make sub par poo poo all the time whether it is what they think the market wants or are bad at their craft.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

AKZ posted:

Speaking of the Cage I think I'll watch Mandy today.

My man

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Oh, I almost forgot!

Good morning 1000 page thread, the hardest working and most educational thread on the forums!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Poohs Packin posted:

Lol I used to live in Ferndale, I was a chef at Public House.

No fuckin way dude

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Prof. Crocodile posted:

There's a lot of good beer out there, but any of the places that "make it" are generally gimmick-filled and marketing-focused. I'm just glad Short's has kept up with their quality weirdness approach

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bagmonkey posted:

There's a lot of good beer out there, but any of the places that "make it" are generally gimmick-filled and marketing-focused. I'm just glad Short's has kept up with their quality weirdness approach

A number of breweries use their NEIPA and pastry stout lineup to fund the production all their good beers i.e. lagers, porters, belgians etc that don’t make any money on their own.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Taking a dump right now. Literal poo poo posting.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

A number of breweries use their NEIPA and pastry stout lineup to fund the production all their good beers i.e. lagers, porters, belgians etc that don’t make any money on their own.

Idk, I enjoy some NEIPAs and I'm mostly happy that craft brewing has become profitable. I'm sad that more places don't focus on traditional beers styles, since those are my fav, but I've found some real niche winners across Michigan. Bier-de-Mac Brewing in Mackinaw City, Stormcloud Brewing in Frankfort and Silver Spruce Brewing in Traverse City to be exact. Belgian, Belgian and German

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

its_my_birthday posted:

watching tv/movies alone at night really is kinda lame since i stopped drinking. good grief very few things seem worth the time to actually watch them sober

I just don't anymore.
People are like "What you don't watch TV and movies?" And I'm just like I'm sincerely over that garbage. I watch the PBS News Hour, watch Packer games, and read the news online. Yea it sounds boring and dry but like loving hell am I watching "Dance With The Maniacs" and "Gossip With a Moron" to fill my time. gently caress that noise and don't feel guilt about it.

Also happy birthday.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

I just don't anymore.
People are like "What you don't watch TV and movies?" And I'm just like I'm sincerely over that garbage. I watch the PBS News Hour, watch Packer games, and read the news online. Yea it sounds boring and dry but like loving hell am I watching "Dance With The Maniacs" and "Gossip With a Moron" to fill my time. gently caress that noise and don't feel guilt about it.

Also happy birthday.

I find some stuff that I enjoy but yeah, it's not really worth my time to watch 2-3 hour long episodes of the latest mega drama just to find out it's the same story repackaged AGAIN. And like, the other option is The Singing Costume Person or America's Desperate To Get Out Of Poverty! So I usually end up playing video games, watching City Confidential or some poo poo and watching some sports

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bagmonkey posted:

Idk, I enjoy some NEIPAs and I'm mostly happy that craft brewing has become profitable. I'm sad that more places don't focus on traditional beers styles, since those are my fav, but I've found some real niche winners across Michigan. Bier-de-Mac Brewing in Mackinaw City, Stormcloud Brewing in Frankfort and Silver Spruce Brewing in Traverse City to be exact. Belgian, Belgian and German

We’re meeting with Carl’s adopters in an hour or so at a brewery that specializes in NEIPA but also has an amazing lager program and as soon as Carl is safely on his way to his new home I’m gonna grab a few 4-packs of those crispy bois to take home :hai:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Would you watch America's Got Talent if they relabeled it America's Desperate to Use Anything They Have To Escape Poverty?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

bagmonkey posted:

Would you watch America's Got Talent if they relabeled it America's Desperate to Use Anything They Have To Escape Poverty?

If there was capital punishment involved for the failures, possibly.

e: or the winners could inflict it.
I think the Romans might have been on to something.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Dec 18, 2021

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

If there was capital punishment involved for the failures, possibly.

My proposition is that the judges pick the people who advance and whichever judges are on the losing side of things are replaced with the winning contestants. The losing judges are shot into space using that satellite slingshot thing we have in Nevada

Oh and the winning judges get the losing judges fortunes

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I really want to see that sling-shot thing be a not "concept of design" but actually get fired up and dump a payload directly opposite of trajectory so hard that it measures on the Richter scale, which it presumably could.
I don't want anyone hurt or for the fundamental ideas of trying such plans be wasted. I just wanna see that fucker explode for the fun of it.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

I really want to see that sling-shot thing be a not "concept of design" but actually get fired up and dump a payload directly opposite of trajectory so hard that it measures on the Richter scale, which it presumably could.
I don't want anyone hurt or for the fundamental ideas of trying such plans be wasted. I just wanna see that fucker explode for the fun of it.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

I enjoy movies, but don't do tv. Commercials make me feel like I'm experiencing the onset of adhd.