Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Uncle Enzo posted:

No. I wouldn't love you if you were a worm. You turn into a worm and I'm outta here.

You'll be back, in clone form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Uncle Enzo posted:

No. I wouldn't love you if you were a worm. You turn into a worm and I'm outta here.

I'm pretty sure I would vomit and move.to antarctica.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Back in our parents day, you had to stay married to a worm because that's just what was done. I'm glad that society has progressed enough to normalize healthy worm transmogrification boundaries.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Uncle Enzo posted:

At least yeet me into the yard on your way out the door, for old times' sake?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ArbitraryC posted:

Becoming violent lmao, I bet you 100 bucks the reality is far closer to “he disconnected them normally, piled them up, and broke them with a hammer” than a better call saul sledgehammer through the walls meltdown. He even packed her poo poo up for her. Do you think he carefully put her stuff in bags between busting through walls like the koolaid man, or after he was done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9wsjroVlu8

I can't believe they made a movie about these violent psychopaths. Oh, wait, that was supposed to be a funny and cathartic scene? Weird.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

PancakeTransmission posted:

Have you all considered logging off???

I have, but I'll never be able to pull it off with as much aplomb and finality as that lady's ex.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for yelling at my brother in law for calling his kids adopted?

quote:

I’m 19F My sister is a 29F My brother in law is 27M

My brother in law keeps referring to my nephew and niece and his adopted children. My sister doesn’t do this, she calls them her kids and never has been down to tell other people they’re adopted (she told them because she wants to be transparent)

I asked my nephew and niece while walking them home if they’re okay with it

my nephew said “it’s kind of weird I guess but I don’t really care cause he’s done it since forever”

My niece said “I don’t care in private but it’s embarrassing in public cause people treat me like a charity kid and I gotta explain everything”

I told my sister about how they felt- exact words- and she just said she’ll tell him not to do it as much and in public.

He pulled it again when we went ice skating to a random workers when they asked how old they were. It went like this. W- how old are your children D-my adopted kids are 5 and 7

I chewed him out and told him that he should stop emphasising adopted because you’ve raised them since they were babies/ kids and doing it in front of people they don’t know is inappropriate”

He told me to to mind my own business and that he calls them his adopted kids because they are & adopted isn’t an insulting description. AITA for intervening

Edit- just had a though, maybe he calls his kids adopted because in the beginning when my sister and him adopted they had to explain to people because it was so sudden?…..I don’t know though, just a thought

In comments OP did add that they're the same race/could "pass" for being his biokids.

And they don't have biokids because he has cancer genes on his side.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Foo Diddley posted:

hey what do you all use to look at reddit comments that have been deleted? i used to use removeddit.com but it seems like it's gone down

In addition to that I try ceddit, deletededdit and rareddit, sometimes those work.

Dramatika posted:

AITA for telling "the other man's" spouse?

"AITAngel for getting blood on my boyfriend's knife when he stabbed me in the back?"

camoseven posted:

What is "a modern sajiao repertoire"?

In addition to what's been offered, you know in anime where the woman who is an adult will do like a "cute" voice and sound whiny like a baby and say "tan" for "chan" to her boyfriend? Or like in western media where an adult woman will do the betty boop voice and pronounce Rs as Ws to sound like a little girl? It's that poo poo.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Invisible Clergy posted:

In addition to that I try ceddit, deletededdit and rareddit, sometimes those work.

ah hah

quoting this so's i can find it again later

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for going to a lodge for Christmas when my Dad's kids can't?

quote:

My (16f)parents are divorced so Christmas time is typically really hectic and stupid.

I try to spend most holidays with my mom and her side of the family. I spend half and half but last year I spent it with my dad full-time due to the travel restrictions. This year my mom's side is hosting at a lodge in Upstate NY. I've been packing the last few days and my dad and his wife asked if I could ask my grandparents (maternal) if the kids could come up with me. I put it off for as long as possible because I don't want them there and my grandparents honestly don't give a rats rear end about my dad's new kids (14,16,7) I left this morning and my dad asked me last night to call so he could get the kids packed and I told him they'd say no. Him and his wife started arguing back and forth with me. The other kids were at the door listening to us argue and I got fed up and said "here, I'll call and ask now...". I called my grandparents and put them on speaker (I told them they were) and asked if my dad's kids were welcome at the lodge this Christmas.

My grandfathers words verbatim were " (Dad's name) if you don't knock this crap off I'll sue you for custody and take your sorry as to the cleaners while im at it - it's been long enough that you've done this bullshit. We don't care about your new bastards you've taken on. We barely care about you, but OP lives with you so we have to to an extent. Stop it already, go leech onto your new lady's family, I'm sure they'll welcome your rear end with open arms"

The room went silent and my dad's kids and their mom looked red in the face. The oldest called me a bitch and said she wished I wasn't part of the family. I said ditto and left it there. My dad and his wife told me to find my own way to the airport (I already have). Before I left my dad said that I could still do the right thing and stay and have the holiday with them. I left anyhow. Since then my dad has been telling me over text how disappointed he is with me and that I'll regret this day forever. His wife left a voice-mail crying calling me names. I've just landed and beginning to feel like poo poo so now I've come here for unbiased input.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Hughlander posted:

lmao grandpa rules

e: did they reboot inspector gadget or something tho? seems weird that a 16 year old would have a username referencing that show

Foo Diddley fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Dec 18, 2021

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Hughlander posted:

man. that's a lot for a 16 year old.

but yeah dragging your not-close step-siblings to a xmas holiday seems absurd

Foo Diddley posted:

lmao grandpa rules

e: did they reboot inspector gadget or something tho? seems weird that a 16 year old would have a username referencing that show

i think gogogadget*blank* became it's own thing. but there was also the live action movie.. that i assume sucked. it was in '99. so i dunno what happened

gently caress do not google image inspector gadget

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Dec 18, 2021

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Is this also where the "Would you still love me if I was a worm?" Stuff comes from?

im already a worm, mistress! a worthless worm who deserves to be punished!!

that's the only "love worm" stuff i know about.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Doc Hawkins posted:

im already a worm, mistress! a worthless worm who deserves to be punished!!

that's the only "love worm" stuff i know about.

worm love music

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Foo Diddley posted:

lmao grandpa rules

Kids pirate and watch whatever they want, everything old is new again.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Hughlander posted:

Comment:

quote:

SeiouslyAlwaysYTA

I literally always answer Y T A. It's what I set this account up to do. For me it's basically the whole point of being on here.

You are going to get me to break my word, though, because I couldn't leave this one alone. My parents split up when I was 11, and I and I have some idea what you're going through. It sucks so hard, and no, no, 100 times no, you are NTA.

Congratulations, you made me break my streak.

ETA: Wow, awards! I've never had those before. Probably because I always vote Y T A, lol. Thanks!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for telling my fiancé if I see her friend again I’m calling the cops.

quote:

Me (29M) and Erica (27F) dated for 2 years and have been engaged the last 4 months. After we got engaged Erica moved into my house. I still pay the mortgage while she pays for utilities, Groceries and household items. After we get married the plan is to put her on the house so she gets equity as well. Her friend Leah (27F) and her have been best friend since high school. I don’t particularly like Leah but have also been cordial as I know she’s gonna be in my life. My issue is Leah thinks of my home as hers. Couple examples…

She always brings her boyfriend over and he’s a sketchball. She talks to me in a very disrespectful way in my own house, like I’m a guest and she/Erica own it. One day I went out to my garage and some of my tools were missing. I checked my camera and Leah/BF were in my garage with Erica and took some tools with them. I asked Erica and she said they were just borrowing and would return them. I had to reach out multiple times for them to finally return the tools weeks later. I have a nice wine/liquor collection and I was working late one Friday. While working I heard some clanking of bottles together. Erica wasn’t home so I went out to see what was up. Leah was behind my bar. I asked what she was doing and she said that Erica told her it was okay to borrow a bottle of wine for her party and that she would pay it back. I told her no that wasn’t alright and to leave. I asked Erica about this and she said “I don’t remember telling Leah she could take a bottle but I might have I don’t remember”. I told her at this point I wasn’t comfortable with Leah being in my house, Erica sorta understood but also blew me off.

Final straw came when I wanted to go hit some golf balls and my clubs were missing. I freaked out because i golf regularly and my clubs are my biggest investment. Went to check the camera again and Leah used my garage code and took the clubs. I blew up, called Erica and told her to get them back immediately. Erica said Leah had asked for the garage code to grab some clothes from her closet and not my clubs. I threatened to call the police but Erica stopped me. Leah kept telling us that her boyfriend needed them for a work thing. I got them back almost 4 days after they were taken and they were dirty. At this point I sat Erica down and told her that if I see Leah in my house again then I’m calling the cops, no discussion. Erica got upset saying that it’s her best friend and that wasn’t fair to do to her in our house. I said it’s a pattern and since Erica’s stuff isn’t affected she doesn’t care. I said she can go over to Leah’s if she wants to see her. She said she can’t do this because Leah doesn’t like her apartment and Leah’s BF is always there which makes Erica uncomfortable. I’m now getting the silent treatment and getting called an AH but I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong. AITA?

quote:

Edit: Update. I want to thank you all for the kind words and comments. I knew after reading the comments that it was time to come to a resolution. I decided to drive home from work and talk with Erica. When I showed up Leah’s car was parked in the drive. I went inside and they were watching tv. I told Leah immediately to get out, she tried to argue but I told her if she didn’t then I’m calling the police. Erica tried to get pissy that I kicked her friend out but I said I’m done talking about Leah because at this point nothing is changing with that relationship. Sat Erica down and showed her this post. 20 minutes of reading later I asked her what she thought, she said “those people don’t understand our relationship or Leah”. I knew then that it was over. I asked her to hold out her hand and I took the ring off. She begged saying she is sorry and she’ll cut Leah off etc. I told her I can’t even trust her with the garage code, how am I supposed to trust her as my wife. She’s locked herself in our room now. I’m in the kitchen packing up her things. I called her dad/mom telling them about what has happened and they were furious. Leah is apparently banned from their house and has been since HS. I didn’t know this but her parents said it’s been like this since Hs. They are coming this weekend to get Erica and the stuff. I couldn’t be any happier than I am right now. A huge weight feels lifted off my shoulders. I felt like if I never made this post I wouldn’t have ever seen how messed up my life had become. Sincerely thank you everyone. Can’t wait to take my clubs out and play a round now that I have more free time. Really excited to see what single life brings and can’t thank you all enough again.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Foo Diddley posted:

quote:

Leah kept telling us that her boyfriend needed them for a work thing
Does her boyfriend work for the mob breaking people's legs? Is that why he needed the clubs?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Foo Diddley posted:

quote:

She said she can’t do this because Leah doesn’t like her apartment and Leah’s BF is always there which makes Erica uncomfortable.

quote:

Leah is apparently banned from their house and has been since HS.

nice

at least Leah is only ruining one life and not using her manipulation skills to start a cult or something

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Is this also where the "Would you still love me if I was a worm?" Stuff comes from?

I would love you more if you were a worm.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Uncle Enzo posted:

A Wyrm though...

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Hughlander posted:

It took me a few minutes to work out that the dad and stepmother weren't even attending. Just trying to unload their kids on almost completely unrelated family so they could have a child free Christmas.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Hughlander posted:

A little mean to the kids but he probably didn’t know they were listening. I guess it’s the price you pay for being a legend.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

A little mean to the kids but he probably didn’t know they were listening. I guess it’s the price you pay for being a legend.

It also seems to not be the first time they've tried to shove 3 drat kids onto people who have 0 connection to them or their entire family. Be mean if you have to, but you have to shut moochers like this down hard or you'll never be free of them.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

ShootaBoy posted:

It also seems to not be the first time they've tried to shove 3 drat kids onto people who have 0 connection to them or their entire family. Be mean if you have to, but you have to shut moochers like this down hard or you'll never be free of them.

It’s less than 0 connection, it’s like a negative connection. The balls on that father are almost admirable.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Yeah the balls on dad asking a complete stranger to take their kids for the holidays with no notice. I didn’t even think about that part.

And then to throw a tantrum by refusing to drive your kid to the airport lol.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
AITA for not having ranch dressing to offer my family at dinner? I had 3 other kinds of dressing.

quote:

Last weekend we had me, my husband, his sister, brother and their kids, my two brothers, his mom, etc etc so a bunch of random family, over for dinner. We don’t do traditional Thanksgiving for various reasons, so this was kind of in place of that.

Usually people bring a few things and someone has like a main dish that goes around. This time we had a few big pork roasts and some other dishes.

I made a salad, a pretty basic one. Chopped romaine, cukes, tomatoes, olives, mushrooms, plenty of seasoning, etc etc etc. I also made three different dressings to go with it, Italian, balsamic, and a creamy lemony one. This wasn’t something I did on PURPOSE, I just didn’t… think to make ranch?

My SIL and the kids got upset that we didn’t have ranch. I tried to get them to try the lemony one and one of them did but spat it out dramatically. That aside (kids will be kids) I apologized for not having ranch but said that there were a few others and that it shouldn’t be a big deal.

Well SIL would not let it go and has made a huge deal up and down the family about it. She kept bringing it up all night (Who serves salad without ranch? Ranch is one of the most popular salad dressings? Who seasons a salad?) and I finally had it.

I told her that she was making drama over a loving salad dressing, that the easy thing to do was to just NOT eat the thing instead of having a temper tantrum like a whiny wittle baby who needs her little fanny wiped from the poopy diapee she's smushing her rear end around in.

She was pissy and made comments and tacky posts about it all over social media, mocking “healthy eaters” (the creamy lemon dressing was definitely not anymore healthy than anything else) and the whole thing.

Look we aren’t generally one of those families that have a stick up their rear end about “etiquette” and “what is means to be a good host” or anything, but was I really THIS out of bounds for not having ranch dressing?!

And that SIL’s name? Eric Andre.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Invisible Clergy posted:

In addition to what's been offered, you know in anime where the woman who is an adult will do like a "cute" voice and sound whiny like a baby and say "tan" for "chan" to her boyfriend? Or like in western media where an adult woman will do the betty boop voice and pronounce Rs as Ws to sound like a little girl? It's that poo poo.

My experience with anime is watching like two episodes of dragon ball z in 2005

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for ruining my GFs sisters birthday party.

quote:

Me (29M) and Tori (28F) have been together for 2 years and have lived together the last year. When we met we both worked full time. Tori encouraged me to go back to school to get my MBA because in my field it’s a big thing to have it. Due to this she is the majority bread winner. I work part time coaching/bartending in order to chip in financially, and do most of the housework. She pays the rent while I pay for school and whatever is left over I give to her. We are perfectly happy with this temporary arrangement but her family isn’t. Her sister Madison (31F) especially hates it and constantly makes rude comments while I’m in ear shot. Saying her sister can do better and I’m a free loader. Tori defends me every time and says it’s her choice to invest in us and it’s temporary.

So we get invited to Madison’s birthday dinner. I initially refuse because I don’t like her and would be cheaper for me to sit at home. Tori begs me to go and I agree. During dinner Madison has quite a few margaritas. Our bill comes and Tori grabs it and puts her card down and the waiter takes it. Madison rolls her eyes and scoffs. Tori ask her what’s wrong and in front of the entire group of people Madison says “I would never pay for a man like you do”. I felt a rush of anger and I say under my breath “yeah maybe that’s why you can’t keep a man”. Madison asked if I had something to say and I said I did. I stood up and said “you can’t keep a man, your husband left you and your kid because you are rude, ugly and have no future. No man would want to invest in someone like you. You ask us to watch your kid all the time so you can hangout with random guys off tinder because you are so desperate.” I turn and walk out the door to almost dead silence at the table. Tori says something to Madison and runs after me. I tell her I’m leaving and she says that’s fine she will come with.

I guess the whole dinner ended shortly after because Madison cried and people felt uncomfortable. Tori’s mom is furious saying I ruined the dinner. Tori is stuck in the middle saying I shouldn’t have done that there but also saying she doesn’t blame me. AITA?

Calling her ugly is a bit too much. That said, stones, nukes.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Pondex posted:

She wants to come and place the last bauble on the tree, but even then she will probably break it.

got to respect the burn game tho

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You've asked for my opinion and here it is...you're ugly and your mother dresses you funny.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for ruining my GFs sisters birthday party.

Calling her ugly is a bit too much. That said, stones, nukes.

Normally I'd agree, but ugly also fits her personality to a T so why not go for it

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

teen witch posted:

AITA for not having ranch dressing to offer my family at dinner? I had 3 other kinds of dressing.

An important part of cooking is being able to adapt to the people you're feeding. So in this case, next time OP should serve them a heaping plate of "get the gently caress out of my house."

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

teen witch posted:

quote:

little fanny wiped

I know in some countries bum bags are called fanny packs, but in my neck of the Aussie woods, fanny is the other side.... this just always cracks me up.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Evil Willow posted:

I know in some countries bum bags are called fanny packs, but in my neck of the Aussie woods, fanny is the other side.... this just always cracks me up.

I learned the word from Britcoms before ever hearing it in person, so it's a struggle for me too.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Beachcomber posted:

My friend, you haven't lived unless you've had grade C, let alone D.

just lol if you don't put sawdust on your pancakes

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for snitching on my stepdad to his ex wife which basically ruined Christmas for him and my mom

quote:

Ok guys I’ve not got time to check my grammar because I’m using an old phone with 26% battery due to fact my own phone got taken away as punishment

Important backstory- my (16f) stepbrother(16m) of two years is a little person (term he personally said was ok to use) who nearly everyone at my school likes because he is an extremely funny person, everyone expect for a girl I will call Maryann she goes out of her to make his life hell due to him being a little person

He’s usually good at making her insults into jokes but she really up her game lately to the point even her own friends told her it wasn’t funny. Yesterday she made a comment about his sister who passed away and used ableist slurs about them both

Than told him to you know himself and save my stepdad the embarrassment of having a (slur) as a son

He snapped and called her multiple names like the school bike/slut than said the only reason she hates him so much is because even he as (m slur) looks down at her

There was other stuff said between them both but I don’t wanna get the post flagged

Maryann ended up walking way crying due to the fact everyone was laughing at her because again my stepbrother is extremely funny. Her mom ended up at my moms house screaming about everything

They wouldn’t let my stepbrother explain, even when I and my brothers (15m&18m) tried to stuck up for him they basically told us shut up and painted Maryann this innocent victim,

His dad who is a massive pick me and flirts with anything in a skirt imo said some really disgusting stuff to his son and made him apologise

Maryann gave him a “gently caress You smirk” on her way out. My stepdad scream out my stepbrother extremely ablest stuff than broke his phone and told him he doesn’t want to see him till next Sunday when his mom was due to pick him up

He (stepdad) rang his ex and told her a completely different story even lied that we (me and my siblings) said he was harassing Maryann because she rejected him

So here’s were I might be the rear end in a top hat I looked up his ex on Facebook and told her the truth and how my stepbrother was suffering at the hands of Maryann but was too ashamed to tell anyone because of his dad because he knew what would happen

Well long story short his mom ended up at our house with her cop brother and my stepbrother took his stuff

She said she is suing him for damages to her sons stuff and that he will never see my stepbrother again. She showed them my messages when they asked her how she found out

I got grounded and my phone/iPad taken away. My mom came into my room crying saying I ruined Christmas because we will have to use all our money for lawyers to get out of the mess I created and it wasn’t any of my business what happened.

I am guessing the slur was dwarf?

AITA for going after my child's school?

quote:

This is my throwaway account and right now I'm not thinking straight due to how my daughter was crying. English isn't my first language so I used google translate so I'm sorry that grammar is messed up.

I'm 23f and I have a beautiful daughter who is five years old. My daughter goes to a public school. I'm raising my daughter pagan under protection of Freyja. Due to this, she has a necklace that she wears every day with Freyja's flower.

My daughter came home crying and asking me of we're going to hell for being pagan.I told her no then called the school about it. The principal told me that they had a substitute teacher and how I'm the first one who called about the substitute teacher on what she was teaching.

I told the principal that she told my daughter that she was going to hell and took her necklace. I wanted the necklace back and full apology to my daughter. The principal say that it wasn't a big deal and I can just buy a new one (which I can't because it was custom made for my daughter on when she was blessed). I threatened to take my daughter out and put her in a new school.

Which then, the principal say that I was going too far and I was overreacting then hung up. When I told my husband what happened, he said that I was just being an rear end in a top hat to the school and I should be the one apologizing.

But am I the rear end in a top hat for going after the school?

Update: I contact a lawyer and a translator. I filled a police report and hopefully I get the necklace back. My daughter is okay but will be missing last days of school before break then transferring her to a new school.

gently caress that sub and gently caress the principal.

Google says the flower is a daisy.

Some years ago I wore a pentacle necklace my friend gave me, about quarter sized with a cheap blue stone. Most people thought it was a starfish. But I remember going to a grocery store, getting some food before work, and the cashier asking me about it. This was a local grocery and the cashiers all had been there for 10 plus years, but this lady was new, and me being a dumb college kid, I told her it was a star for protection. I didn't want to get into some religious argument at 4am. The lady snapped that she knew what it was, and I was being stupid, because it was NOT a star for protection, she knew what it really was, and it was demonic.

At this point I should have probably called her on it, or asked for the manager, but I just paid for my poo poo and left. Wasn't worth the time. Still I doubt anyone with a loving crucifix necklace would be as chill about someone insulting them.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Dec 18, 2021

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for snitching on my stepdad to his ex wife which basically ruined Christmas for him and my mom

I am guessing the slur was dwarf?

quote:

(m slur)

I'm going with midget

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Love the stories where someone undermines their parent/step-parent's cruelty and lies with honesty and gets severely punished for it

It's nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

thotsky posted:

just lol if you don't put sawdust on your pancakes

You put it in the batter, to stretch the flour out. #starvinglumberjacks