Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Holy moly 87 people in a queue at 10.30 on a Saturday morning. Is... is it over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Anybody who's fantasia'd into a man bun and liking it? I've messed around a bit in the character creator but I haven't found a design that really grabbed me, and I'm apprehensive about potential hat impairment.
bunny boys look best if you make them look like bad boys from a romance anime i think. like someone that'd try to steal sailor moon from tuxedo mask. thats the design inspiration you should be taking.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

stev posted:

Holy moly 87 people in a queue at 10.30 on a Saturday morning. Is... is it over?

I imagine that a lot of 'hype for the story don't care about anything else much' players like me are pretty much done until more content drops but I dunno what percentage of players that accounts for.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
If you're done the story there's less pressure for the game to take up your entire day, especially because of how the queue made it consume most of your day in the first place.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There's two big spikes coming:

1) Christmas.
2) When Squeenix says the queue issues are over and reopens the flood gates, ironically that will lead to longer queues as people try and get back in and such.

That said, I'd expect it to be over by January.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Nessus posted:

Post-game rewards question: Argos seems to haul rear end across Mor Dhona. Is he bugged or something? Did they increase flight speed in the old world ARR zones?

Flight in ARR zones is at max mount speed. Its similar in SB areas. In ShB and EW zones, though, terrestrial mounts stay at 1 star vs 2 star and flight is at the base speed instead of the fast speed.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

stev posted:

The queue wasn't really bad on Saturday morning last week either, was it?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

all mogstation emotes and outfits should be account-wide, what is squenix doing

Sending a subtle message to the people who have alts asking them “why tf do you have alts in this game”

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Sinteres posted:

The queue wasn't really bad on Saturday morning last week either, was it?

Morning queues haven't been that bad the past week or so, but I've been surprised when I find queues ~200 when I get home from work at 3pm this week. Things are somewhat calming down it seems.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Badger of Basra posted:

Sending a subtle message to the people who have alts asking them “why tf do you have alts in this game”

Look, I want my ERP alt to look nice and get all the emotes my main does as well, ok?

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Badger of Basra posted:

From the people I know, mostly for roleplaying purposes. Chugging fantasias and name changes can get expensive.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Leal posted:

Look, I want my ERP alt to look nice and get all the emotes my main does as well, ok?

Oh, you're the Pizza-delivery guy!

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Flight in ARR zones is at max mount speed. Its similar in SB areas. In ShB and EW zones, though, terrestrial mounts stay at 1 star vs 2 star and flight is at the base speed instead of the fast speed.

Wtf, is this true?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Badger of Basra posted:

because you can't have a different race/hairstyle per-class and I wanted a monk with a pompadour and a black mage that can actually wear hats

my main is a viera, and they don't get pompadours OR hats!!!

also they're on a different DC anyways

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't think this is true

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

adhuin posted:

Oh, you're the Pizza-delivery guy!

Here’s your pizza, ma’am.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

Here’s your pizza, ma’am.

oh my, i dont have enough money to pay for this, but maybe i can pay you another way

and then i give you 2000 wolf marks

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't think this is true

Go fly in any ARR zone and then go fly in any EW zone. You have deliberately faster mount speed in the former.

Similarly you can get two star terrestrial movement by purchasing maps in ARR-SB zones but not in ShB and EW. You can view your land mount speed under travel-mount speed.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I have the motorcycle and people in EW seem to fly faster than I drive, from what I’ve noticed.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

Go fly in any ARR zone and then go fly in any EW zone. You have deliberately faster mount speed in the former.

Similarly you can get two star terrestrial movement by purchasing maps in ARR-SB zones but not in ShB and EW. You can view your land mount speed under travel-mount speed.

The riding maps in ShB-EW come from doing FATEs, and the only one you can get is equivalent to the two-star movement in StB and earlier. Flight has always been slightly faster than two-star movement, ARR maps are just tiny so you feel faster when flying.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
You can buy riding maps in ShB and EW zones for bicolor gems when the zone hits rank 2

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Riding maps only take you to 1 star mount speed for those zones, but yeah I'm pretty sure flying is faster than 1 star speed in ShB and EW zones.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I have always heard that flight speed is unaffected by riding maps. I can't test this supposed faster flight speed right now but I never noticed such a phenomenon before.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

It’s hard to tell because it’s really hard to measure distances in this game.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Re-subscribed, downloading, and ready to reroll from Paladin to War since I don't remember how to play at all.

It's me, the casual who is going to ruin your queues during his Christmas break.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

blastron posted:

This is the spreadsheet I worked off of for powerleveling my crafters/gatherers to 90 on the first weekend of early access: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13OAM-DfpTYsJn5bUFG_io7qFhcWuYYiGhqMgMGsQERw/htmlview?pru=AAABfb_88pw*2GZgaqY8c_VgKGEjlbDkuA

How… anime :crossarms:

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

Depends on whether the X, Y coordinates are the same scale?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

hobbesmaster posted:

You can just be heading the same way as someone on a different mode of transport, which is how I learned that flight > motorcycle in EW zone 5 at least.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
yeah, racing people during fate trains can show you speed differentials real quick

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Does the guard at the Garlean Embassy in Kugane have anything new to say after the story's over? Having an embassy at all by that point seems kind of incongruous but weirder things have happened in RL politics so I guess its not that crazy.

Sadly not. I say hi to my buddy Festus every once in a while to see if he ever has anything new to say, and they never update him. Seems like an oversight.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

... Where do I get better Miner gear? I guess I thought I'd be able to exchange white scrips for it, but guess not. I imagine I'll be able to exchange purple scrips for it when I get to like, 90, but I'm 83 right now.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Crafting! :eng101:

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

... Where do I get better Miner gear? I guess I thought I'd be able to exchange white scrips for it, but guess not. I imagine I'll be able to exchange purple scrips for it when I get to like, 90, but I'm 83 right now.

You can trade in white scrip for the level 80 landsaint gear. It works just fine for doing Studium quests and gathering leves all the way up to 90.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

DangerDongs posted:

Re-subscribed, downloading, and ready to reroll from Paladin to War since I don't remember how to play at all.

It's me, the casual who is going to ruin your queues during his Christmas break.

gently caress yeah, get it

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I'm doing the level 87 melee role quest and got up to the part where the Company of Heroes gets back together. The song that's playing is very very cool and I can't recall hearing it before? If anybody knows what track this is I'd really appreciate some info on it.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

lol

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

hobbesmaster posted:

Yeah Rietty always does annoyingly horny chibis of their OCs in these spreadsheets and I'm like "buddy I'm here for the number crunching".

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
You don't fly faster in ARR zones it's just that ARR are tiny tiny little hallways that were designed for the normal run speed and not the massive open air nightmare fields laters zones are so it feels faster.

Seriously I think you can fit all the La Noscea maps into the Sea of Clouds zone.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

hobbesmaster posted:

Apologies. If there’s a way to link to a specific page in a spreadsheet so that I wouldn’t effectively be linking people to unnecessarily horny fanart, I couldn’t find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Does the guard at the Garlean Embassy in Kugane have anything new to say after the story's over? Having an embassy at all by that point seems kind of incongruous but weirder things have happened in RL politics so I guess its not that crazy.

https://twitter.com/ohgoditsranor/status/1472012709147385861?t=YdZ4JlqFMmtoD4jMWr3Lbw&s=19