Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Paper Tiger posted:

Yeah, I noticed that too. I was keeping an ear out for switching around the cast members to say "Carly Monardo as Bellow", etc., but maybe they couldn't re-record that and ended up just applying distortion on top.

Yeah, this was what I was expecting, too!

Also I'm catching up on the last few Swan Boys and one of the talking heads in the Guitarmageddon episode is wearing a Thunderlingus shirt :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I think this is my first christmas season since I started listening to rude tales, and I have to say, it's really hard to hear god rest ye merry gentlemen without cracking up a little

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

I think this is my first christmas season since I started listening to rude tales, and I have to say, it's really hard to hear god rest ye merry gentlemen without cracking up a little

CHRIST, SAME. I work in the office of a park with a big winter attraction and every day for weeks, we've had a team of old-timey carolers who do their wardrobe and warmups in the conference room directly behind my desk. It's been driving me absolutely insane hearing that song at work constantly.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

just sing along with Jerry's lyrics and see if anyone notices

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
woild

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Teach the song to any non-yet-potty-trained children in your life.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I’m very disappointed in the show and Branson’s portrayal of the French people and their culture.

They could go far harder and making fun of them, but they won’t.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Christmas bonus episode: Yultide Kombat Family
https://t.co/say1YFi0ym

Another demented Tim Platt game that starts with God creating the universe.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 22, 2021

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I am five minutes in and Tim has not taken a breath yet, merry loving christmas hahahah

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Branson just loving Mark David Chapman's kills it right out of the gate, goddamn

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Dr Christmas posted:

Christmas bonus episode: Yultide Kombat Family
https://t.co/say1YFi0ym

Another demented Tim Platt game that starts with God creating the universe.

I'm glad you posted this bc it did not show up on Stitcher

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
idgi

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

It works!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I knew as soon as the premise was introduced that somebody would do either Gremlins or Die Hard, but I have to admit that the Lexus December to Remember Sales Event took me by surprise.

I was expecting Happy Honda Days

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Pffft, that last one is the Dan Hibiki of those things.

Which, I guess, might make sense but he went for a power move there instead.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
"Slippery Tim Platt wins again."

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

flavor.flv posted:

I knew as soon as the premise was introduced that somebody would do either Gremlins or Die Hard, but I have to admit that the Lexus December to Remember Sales Event took me by surprise.

I was expecting Happy Honda Days

Taylor is a genius

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I really enjoyed chris immediately tagging the Hess truck in as soon as he saw someone else also had a car-themed idea

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

rolled a crow-head rogue in wildermyth and slammed my keyboard into bedrock naming that friend Stirfry Kenku

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
Catching up on Oh These Those etc etc and just listened to the Thanksgiving Parsley episode. It feels like either everybody really loves Tim or he has insane blackmail material on all of them

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Can't it be both?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Forum Hussy posted:

Catching up on Oh These Those etc etc and just listened to the Thanksgiving Parsley episode. It feels like either everybody really loves Tim or he has insane blackmail material on all of them

That being said it was Ali who got the final save sound to song in that was driving Carly crazy.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Today while I was cooking I suddenly remembered the perfect way for a chef to die and it got me so good I had to sit down for a minute

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Lest you be overcome by the temptation to go out on your own terms then and there rather than die a lingering death in old age and infirmity? Cause let me tell you, I have been there

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

flavor.flv posted:

Lest you be overcome by the temptation to go out on your own terms then and there rather than die a lingering death in old age and infirmity? Cause let me tell you, I have been there

Every day is a struggle against the opportunity to become a constellation

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I like the Freaky Friday thing they’re doing but listening to someone play a character playing another character is really messing with me, which is suspect is the point. I’m not against it, but I hope they resolve this sooner than later.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I started listening to OTTSOS after letting a backlog build up, and it's pretty good, but I have to ask, do they ever stop using that awful visceral ASMR tentacle sound for groomda? I have some noise sensitivity issues and it makes my loving teeth itch, I can't focus on anything else whenever they do it. I was hoping someone else would have yelled at them but it's been in 3 episodes so far and I dunno if I can keep going if that's gonna be a constant.

That said, Cavvie the ship mascot pulled me back in when I was about to bail, Branson is such a dynamo. Is that what happens to people when they quit drinking? I should give it a try

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Every time Groomda is doing anything there is some squishy sound or another, and every time Groomda isn't doing anything I can't hear the show over my involuntary squeals of "WHERE'S GROOMDA!?!"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

New episode! Friday is unfreaked, but Stirfry is now Honey I Shrunked.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Ainsley McTree posted:

I started listening to OTTSOS after letting a backlog build up, and it's pretty good, but I have to ask, do they ever stop using that awful visceral ASMR tentacle sound for groomda? I have some noise sensitivity issues and it makes my loving teeth itch, I can't focus on anything else whenever they do it. I was hoping someone else would have yelled at them but it's been in 3 episodes so far and I dunno if I can keep going if that's gonna be a constant.
I'm pretty sure they keep using it whenever Groomda is there. Thankfully Groomda is not in that many episodes thus far, Tim plays Gelmire more often

DoombatINC posted:

Every time Groomda is doing anything there is some squishy sound or another, and every time Groomda isn't doing anything I can't hear the show over my involuntary squeals of "WHERE'S GROOMDA!?!"
I mean.... GWOOMDA'S ON THE BWIDGE! obviously

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ainsley McTree posted:

, Branson is such a dynamo. Is that what happens to people when they quit drinking? I should give it a try

No! He's literally the only person this has ever happened to! He's completely unique and the main reason the show is as good as it is

I've completely fallen off OTTSOS. Joe is just too low energy as a DM, I find myself losing interest by about the 20 minute mark

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I don’t really get all the references with the Philadelphia bug guy, but I think it’s a hilarious concept for an interstellar space show.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

New episode! Friday is unfreaked, but Stirfry is now Honey I Shrunked.

ohhhhhhhhh I thought they switched again

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
I love this show's music choices but watching Legion has ruined Bolero in anything else for me.

This was a fun experiment and dang the performers were working hard at the setup, but it's pretty confusing as a listener. They weren't consistent about whether names referred to bodies or minds and I kept having to stop to figure out what was happening.

I did enjoy that apparently the only person it's actually enjoyable to be is Bellow.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Omnomnomnivore posted:

I did enjoy that apparently the only person it's actually enjoyable to be is Bellow.

Cheddar has said as much before, Bellow has the BMW (Big Muscly Warrior) of bodies.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Omnomnomnivore posted:

I love this show's music choices but watching Legion has ruined Bolero in anything else for me.

This was a fun experiment and dang the performers were working hard at the setup, but it's pretty confusing as a listener. They weren't consistent about whether names referred to bodies or minds and I kept having to stop to figure out what was happening.

Yeah I wouldn't have hated a quick thing at the top of like "for the listeners, it's been a while since the last episode, so here's a recap of who's who and what the rules of the body swap are". i didn't quite follow what was happening, but i still had fun getting lost

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I thought Chris was speaking out of character the first few times he spoke since Cordelia's voice is just... normal? Everyone else I could tell what they were doing, but I agree that Joe's was the best.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Deeters posted:

I thought Chris was speaking out of character the first few times he spoke since Cordelia's voice is just... normal? Everyone else I could tell what they were doing, but I agree that Joe's was the best.

Carly as bellow absolutely nailed it as well. Chris definitely got the hardest one, there's no real obvious gimmick there to go with

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Chris did a really good job, I thought. both the PNW... inflection? and overall affect. agreed that there's less to work with, and agreed that Carly and Joe did the best overall.

I like that everybody is willing to do stuff that's thoroughly not what the correct D&D move would be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Empty Sandwich posted:

Chris did a really good job, I thought. both the PNW... inflection? and overall affect. agreed that there's less to work with, and agreed that Carly and Joe did the best overall.

I like that everybody is willing to do stuff that's thoroughly not what the correct D&D move would be

BUBBLES!