Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Mauser posted:

France Gall was definitely not his daughter, but "les succettes" is definitely a funny/creepy song

dunno if this is a weird joke answer i don't get but look into his 80s work for a refresher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

12th of February was a long time ago :colbert:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I think you mean the 21st date of the 20th month in 1202CE

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

dunno if this is a weird joke answer i don't get but look into his 80s work for a refresher

oh which song are you talking about then, I know a lot, but not all of them

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Mauser posted:

oh which song are you talking about then, I know a lot, but not all of them

i still can't tell if you're trolling, but he did a song with his actual daughter charlotte, who is now an actor, not france gall, and it was infamously called "Lemon Incest"

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

i still can't tell if you're trolling, but he did a song with his actual daughter charlotte, who is now an actor, not france gall, and it was infamously called "Lemon Incest"

Nope not trolling. I've never heard that one, but will give it a listen. When I typed out the first message I had completely forgotten about his daughter who is also a musician and actor

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Midly interesting I guess. Really cool looking masonry heaters of finnish design, never seen ones in copper before, over 100 years old both of them.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Oh I bet they get nice and toasty once they're fired up

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

His Divine Shadow posted:

Midly interesting I guess. Really cool looking masonry heaters of finnish design, never seen ones in copper before, over 100 years old both of them.

So I'm guessing at some point in history two pöntuuns were cheaper than laying one big cackluun in place?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

3D Megadoodoo posted:

So I'm guessing at some point in history two pöntuuns were cheaper than laying one big cackluun in place?

Yeah they cackluun all the way to the bänk!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DandyLion posted:

Yeah they cackluun all the way to the bänk!

Glad we got this settled. Now, back to the äär of the sorv.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Well I would think the shells where cheaper than the tilework that usually was found on cocklestoves. The metal shells are also functionally superior to tile in every respect. So it might have been cheaper, and they probably did a lot more of the work on their own back then.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Gotta double up for redundancy, what if one of them stops working?!?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

His Divine Shadow posted:

All I see are the final bosses of "would you like fresh cracked pepper on that?"

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

I just remembered I've seen a similar thing before, two fireplaces in a huge house right next to each other. In that case it was because it used to be a duplex and they shared the same chimney so they just built a wall between them.
But those masonry heaters look too close to each other for that to be the case here.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Carthag Tuek posted:

12th of February was a long time ago :colbert:

I'm willing to admit the metric system makes more sense but nobody needs to be saying "12th of February" instead of "February 12th" and if you take that position I assume you want to measure weight in rocks too

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

lol ok grandad. lol they don't know everyone simply says "being there in the two one two" or "when it at 2-1-2" now

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Obviously the correct way is YYYY/MM/DD because it actually sorts in numerical order but people aren't ready for that yet

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

great big cardboard tube posted:

I'm willing to admit the metric system makes more sense but nobody needs to be saying "12th of February" instead of "February 12th" and if you take that position I assume you want to measure weight in rocks too

tbf I actually say "12. februar"

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
PR ID FEB

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

People ask me what day it is and I'm like: does anybody really know what day it is? Does anybody really care?

Here's a heart and or Wu-Tang squash i'm going to roast:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

flavor.flv posted:

Obviously the correct way is YYYY/MM/DD because it actually sorts in numerical order but people aren't ready for that yet

YYYY/MM/DD is for sorting dates. DD/MM/YYYY is for using them.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

They've finally done it, an overmillipede.

https://phys.org/news/2021-12-millipede-legs.html

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Has science gone too far? On too many tiny legs?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

And though the legs were rather small
they had to count them all.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

flavor.flv posted:

When I used to have use sortable dates as file names I did YYYYMMDD and then counter them if I had more than one per day so YYYYMMDDa, YYYYMMDDb, and so on.

It makes it so nice to be able to sort a list. Easy to export a directory listing and dump it into Excel.

I haven't done that in years though. Now I use gibberish file names like "notes.txt" "this.doc" "other notes.txt" It's really lazy and it makes it impossible for me to find anything. I also store almost everything on my desktop or in a file marked "Desktop poo poo 2" Which has as sub folder of "Desktop poo poo 3".

God I need to get more organized. If someone ever pulled a "The Website is down" on me, I'd never find anything again.

If you haven't seen it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRGljemfwUE

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

People ask me what day it is and I'm like: does anybody really know what day it is? Does anybody really care?

Here's a heart and or Wu-Tang squash i'm going to roast:

Also looks like antarctica

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mostlygray posted:

When I used to have use sortable dates as file names I did YYYYMMDD and then counter them if I had more than one per day so YYYYMMDDa, YYYYMMDDb, and so on.

It makes it so nice to be able to sort a list. Easy to export a directory listing and dump it into Excel.

I haven't done that in years though. Now I use gibberish file names like "notes.txt" "this.doc" "other notes.txt" It's really lazy and it makes it impossible for me to find anything. I also store almost everything on my desktop or in a file marked "Desktop poo poo 2" Which has as sub folder of "Desktop poo poo 3".

God I need to get more organized. If someone ever pulled a "The Website is down" on me, I'd never find anything again.

If you haven't seen it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRGljemfwUE

What OS doesn't store the date irrespective of file name?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

flavor.flv posted:

gently caress solidi.

Dashes are where it’s at.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Milo and POTUS posted:

Also looks like antarctica

Antarctica is the Wu Tang secret?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

mods please ban this poster

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Antarctica is the Wu Tang secret?

Would you expect them to launch an all out attack from the second whitest place in the world?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://twitter.com/benjancewicz/status/1479501094275502084

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What OS doesn't store the date irrespective of file name?

You can't trust the date modified. Especially older versions of Windows. Just moving a file might change the modified date. Opening the file, without editing will change the modified date. Best just to date code.

When you're processing EDI you end up creating tons of individual files that you have to back to occasionally.

EDI looks like this in case you're curious. This is an example of the header showing that it's an advance shipping notice, it's the first transaction, it's dated September 1sth of 2021:

ST*856*0001~BSN*00*0096815435*20210901*0518*0001

The full trans could be 50 lines and that's just one transaction, delimited by either an unprintable character or, my preference, tildes. Gentran processes it into something that you can import into your shipping software that's a little more human readable. A normal transaction is many thousands of characters. If you use a VAN to do your transaction, you pay by the kilocharacter. Those are expensive. SFTP is much faster and costs nothing.

Anyhoo. Coding dates into the file name is safer when you have to go back 3 years to check something.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Thought this was neat, some guy took a drone photo of my town.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/SpaceAngeles/status/1482241903894667264?s=20

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Ahhh, finally a place for my stupid nonsense.

https://i.imgur.com/EhCvAEy.mp4

For some reason I didn't think it could also work for the outside of the bowl too

https://i.imgur.com/MGcEJvl.mp4

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
another day at the giant ink tiddy factory

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The ink tity feels uncomfortably sexual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Philippe posted:

The ink tity feels uncomfortably sexual.

Siriuspost: You're just a prevert.