Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bobbins

quote:

There’s a wilful abandon to Shelley’s new, short fringe that suggests that she is no longer in the mood to take sage advice, even from a heavy hitter like Len.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis Classic (March 6, 2000)

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.
I used to work at a craft store and every single god drat day I'd get someone who wanted me to check them out three separate times with three separate items so they could use the same coupon. If I told them I couldn't do that they would get loving furious. Like, dude, what did you expect to happen? Did you really think the big box craft store was going to let you use a 50% coupon over and over and over again in one day???

oh there was also a lady with a spending addiction who would come into our store every two weeks to buy $1000+ of random bullshit and it was always tiny things like little $3 bead strings. Ringing her up was the worst and all my coworkers would mysteriously disappear whenever we spotted her. A few days later her husband would come back to return most of it.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Earl and Opal still gently caress, good for them

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

ChaCha Chako

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

I am not personally a fan of raw carrot, so I would likely react to being handed a bowl of baby carrots with the same level of enthusiasm that Ed does. But the carrot fans I know love baby carrots. American baby carrots are fine. Ed's a toddler.

But also, there are other types of raw veggies you can munch on besides baby carrots. Cucumbers. Snow peas. Broccoli, if you don't mind a little gas. Hell, just have a loving salad. Or eat some fruit. If you don't like carrots you don't have to gag down carrots unless you're just a miserable son of a bitch who wants to performatively suffer through your diet and spread the misery around.
Good point, it's perfectly fine not to like carrots specifically. Does that extend to grated carrot or boiled carrot seasoned with a bit of salt as well? To me those all taste different.

Poil fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 18, 2021

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Id be miserable eating a pile of raw carrots too, but I like cooked carrots a lot

If course Ed is an adult capable of planning his own meals so he just wants to pitch a fit

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Carrots lack excess sugar and fat, and are therefore unpalatable to Real Americans TM.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I used to be able to get bottles of apple, carrot and banana juice from the supermarket, I think it was in the Polish foods section. Still annoyed they stopped stocking that.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Poil posted:

Good point, it's perfectly fine not to like carrots specifically. Does that extend to grated carrot or boiled carrot seasoned with a bit of salt as well? To me those all taste different.

Cooked carrots in things are great. I love getting a nice piece of carrot in my soup, for example. With shredded raw carrot it depends on how it's used. Usually I just try to ignore it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Julet Esqu posted:

Cooked carrots in things are great. I love getting a nice piece of carrot in my soup, for example. With shredded raw carrot it depends on how it's used. Usually I just try to ignore it.

Pickled carrots in the cans of whole jalapeños are the best.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I dated an American once who found it very odd that I would eat a raw carrot as a snack. Now they're only one more reminder of the horrifying passage of time as they give me indigestion; which, to be honest, is probably the best attribute for a snack at my metabolism.

Bogor

Classic Cat

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ghostlight posted:

I dated an American once who found it very odd that I would eat a raw carrot as a snack. Now they're only one more reminder of the horrifying passage of time as they give me indigestion; which, to be honest, is probably the best attribute for a snack at my metabolism.

I don't think that's weird at all and I WISH I liked raw carrots enough to do that.

I eat raw cucumber as a snack though, with a bit of salt or other seasoning on

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1979 comics

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Mandrake

Johnny Hazard

90s Overboard

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

And yet another classic line of dialogue is born.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Haifisch posted:

1979 comics

I remember reading Encyclopedia Brown books as a kid, but I don't recall him being such a dick.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Mister Kingdom posted:

I remember reading Encyclopedia Brown books as a kid, but I don't recall him being such a dick.
Sally Kimball, in general, kept him humble.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "448 - Jucika In A Self-Service Store"

"449 - Jucika And The Well-Mannered Neighbor"

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Peanuts (December 21, 1974)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (July 20, 1938)

Out Our Way (November 25-27, 1937; spoilered for the usual reasons)

Out Our Way At Christmas (December 13, 20, 24, 1927)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Doomykins posted:

That's the roughest camera cut I've seen in awhile, Mark Trail. I guess Ernest and his flunkies that dressed up and drove out didn't do anything after Ernest landed on his bottom.

Mark Trail works on JRPG rules. When you beat the boss, you automatically win the fight, the adds don't matter.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Tiggum fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 19, 2021

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Apr 5, 1953)

And then Snoopy died.

Calvin and Hobbes (Jul 6-7, 1990)

No Blind Alley today

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Dec 19, 2021

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I am establishing the Phantom Worth universe here.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ghostlight posted:

These are great

ChaCha Chako is highly compelling!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

riderchop posted:

Compu-toon

I love that Boyce is still doing the KeyPad Kid thing.

The KeyPad Kid! He's an anthropomorphic telephone character aimed at children, almost none of whom have ever used (or seen!) a phone with an actual keypad.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Holbrook poisoned my brain, Kevin and Kell was the first thing I thought of when I saw this.

https://twitter.com/clouttrout420/status/1472393176459534338?s=20

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

(Here's an alternate Imgur link if Discord isn't loading for you.)

Medenmath fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Dec 19, 2021

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Ghostlight posted:

Didn't they actually have a crossover? I seem to remember Heloise meeting Mary.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

omg yes, while she was in new york! my edit is canon now.

Viennetta
Oct 12, 2016

It means nothing to meeeee
This means nothing to meeeee
Was this the thread where people wanted more edits?

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

ChaCha Chako sorta reminds me of Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom, which also has a single human character.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/princess-tomato-in-the-salad-kingdom/

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Viennetta posted:

Was this the thread where people wanted more edits?

What's the difference between a bag of cocaine and a toddler?

Eric Clapton wouldn't let a bag of cocaine fall out a window.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

What's the difference between a bag of cocaine and a toddler?

Eric Clapton wouldn't let a bag of cocaine fall out a window.

:stonk:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell in: Kell plays match-maker (January 24-30, 2005)

Alright.

For those who haven't been following this closely, domestication is a genetic condition that most herbivores and some carnivores (including whole species of carnivores, like dogs and housecats) have in the K&K universe; it was originally introduced into DNA by the Birdluminati to try and solve the whole people-eating-people problem. (That didn't work out.)

Domestication makes those affected by it more docile and less aggressive, which isn't a problem for herbivores but can be for carnivores, and accordingly it's looked down upon and comes with a whole lot of stigma. It's basically used as a metaphor for being gay (or maybe even being HIV positive, but only kinda-sorta seeing that domestication isn't contagious).

Out of the main cast, almost the whole Dewclaw family has domestication (as seen in this strip: Kell and Rudy, plus Kell's brother Ralph and his daughter Corrie -- despite being a sheep, since she's half-wolf on her dad's side -- and Rudy's half-brother Vin), plus R.L.. And, of course, Aby and Sam (but, as said above, they have it by virtue of being from a domesticated species, i.e. housecats).

Modern Kevin & Kell

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Haifisch posted:

1979 comics
I think you skipped a day on pretty much all of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Discord seems to have issues, can't see Valiant either.