Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

good advice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Thanks for sharing this grifter video with me, I'm glad I didn't need to pay for it!

Serf
May 5, 2011

breaking news: people vote for and support people who promise them good things, film at 11

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I don't think there's anything wrong with anarchism, but I don't get why anarchist posters insist on being so obnoxious.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lostconfused posted:

I don't think there's anything wrong with anarchism, but I don't get why anarchist posters insist on being so obnoxious.

Anarchists have become very "sex positive" about children over the last 2 years.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

”Finally, a few words about the letter written by the collective farmers of Bezenchuk. This letter has been published, and you must have read it. It is unquestionably a good letter. It shows that among our collective farmers there are not a few experienced and intelligent organisers and agitators in the cause of collective farming, who are the pride of our country. But this letter contains one incorrect passage with which we cannot possibly agree. The point is that the Bezenchuk comrades describe their work in the collective farm as modest and all but insignificant work, whereas they describe the efforts of orators and leaders, who sometimes make speeches of inordinate length, as great and creative work. Can we agree with that? No, comrades, we cannot possibly agree with it. The Bezenchuk comrades have made a mistake here. Perhaps they made the mistake out of modesty. But the mistake does not cease to be a mistake for all that. The times have passed when leaders were regarded as the only makers of history, while the workers and peasants were not taken into account. The destinies of nations and of states are now determined, not only by leaders, but primarily and mainly by the vast masses of the working people. The workers and the peasants, who without fuss and noise are building factories and mills, constructing mines and railways, building collective farms and state farms, creating all the values of life, feeding and clothing the whole worldt hey are the real heroes and the creators of the new life. Apparently, our Bezenchuk comrades have forgotten this. It is not good when people overrate their strength and begin to be conceited about the services they have rendered. That leads to boasting, and boasting is not a good thing. But it is still worse when people begin to underrate their strength and fail to see that their “modest” and “insignificant” work is really great and creative work that decides the fate of history.

I would like the Bezenchuk comrades to approve this slight amendment of mine to their letter.”

(J.V. Stalin – Speech Delivered at the First All-Union Congress of Collective Farm Shock Brigadiers)

_

“I am absolutely against the publication of “Stories of the childhood of Stalin.”
The book abounds with a mass of inexactitudes of fact, of alterations, of exaggerations and of unmerited praise. Some amateur writers, scribblers, (perhaps honest scribblers) and some adulators have led the author astray. It is a shame for the author, but a fact remains a fact.

But this is not the important thing. The important thing resides in the fact that the book has a tendency to engrave on the minds of Soviet children (and people in general) the personality cult of leaders, of infallible heroes. This is dangerous and detrimental.

The theory of “heroes” and the “crowd” is not a Bolshevik, but a Social-Revolutionary theory. The heroes make the people, transform them from a crowd into people, thus say the Social-Revolutionaries.

The people make the heroes, thus reply the Bolsheviks to the Social-Revolutionaries. The book carries water to the windmill of the Social-Revolutionaries. No matter which book it is that brings the water to the windmill of the Social-Revolutionaries, this book is going to drown in our common, Bolshevik cause.

I suggest we burn this book.”

(J.V. Stalin – Letter on Publications for Children Directed to the Central Committee of the All Union Communist Youth)

_

”there is too much talk about the services rendered by chiefs, by leaders. They are credited with all, or nearly all, of our achievements. That, of course, is wrong, it is incorrect. It is not merely a matter of leaders . . . we must first of all learn to value people, to value cadres, to value every worker capable of benefiting our common cause. It is time to realize that of all the valuable capital the world possesses, the most valuable and most decisive is people, cadres . . . cadres decide everything”

(J.V. – Stalin Address Delivered in the Kremlin Palace to the Graduates From the Red Army Academies)

_

”MOLOTOV (. . . stated that he is and will always he a faithful disciple of Stalin.)
STALIN (interrupting Molotov): This is nonsense. I have no students at all. We are all students of the great Lenin.”

- Unpublished Speech by Stalin at the Plenum of the Central Committee, CPSU October 16, 1952)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Lostconfused posted:

its a stupid ideology for stupid people and gets in the way of groups trying to do real work

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The GBS goon's need for constant negative attention is ftw.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

xtal posted:

Is there a term for cult-like behavior around a personality?

Yes: "Popularity"

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

hmm i wonder what the usa is doing in africa….. africom = supporting african communities??

https://twitter.com/thedailyshow/status/1471675058682843145?s=21

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The death toll of the Nanjing Massacre is subject to long lasting debate. A middle-ground estimate is "over 100,000", while more extreme estimates put it from 40,000 to 300,000.[2] The fatalities of the Nanjing Massacre is often compared to the deadlier Great Chinese famine (1959–61),[7][8][9] the Chinese Cultural Revolution and various domestic massacres in China.[10][11][12] A faction of Japanese politicians who are unapologetic to the deaths in Nanjing have triggered a recurring point of tension in Sino-Japanese relations.[13][14]

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Isn't all of the China debt trap stuff literal projection describing how US aid and the IMF work?

KomradeX has issued a correction as of 21:19 on Dec 18, 2021

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

KomradeX posted:

Isn't all of the China debt trap stuff literal protection describing how US aid and the IMF work?

Yes

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

haha you dumb tankies and your cult of personalities

*worships a dude named kropooptkin*

hey, what's up?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

xtal posted:

anarchists: conquer bread

I'm afraid not.

It's funny to think xtal was triggered by us responding positively to western smear articles that make the good things China does sound bad.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 20:54 on Dec 18, 2021

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Only Xi knows what is coming and what must be done.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

KomradeX posted:

Isn't all of the China debt trap stuff literal protection describing how US aid and the IMF work?

Do they claim that China forces debtor countries to enforce harsh austerity policies? That'd be once difference.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
I like how Trevor Noah is a soulless corporate whore with absolutely no sense of morality. His transparency really helps highlighting the nonsensical projection and misdirection the West are currently pushing re: Chinese "imperialism".

It's similar to the pro-war libs trying to paint Russia as an imperialist heavyweight that the US is so desperately afraid of that they have to back neo-nazis to contain them.

e: hahaha xtal got banned, suck poo poo

thatfatkid has issued a correction as of 21:30 on Dec 18, 2021

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

thatfatkid posted:

e: hahaha xtal got banned, suck poo poo

quote:

BAN 12/18/21 01:49pm xtal PMing people to kill themselves over a 6-hour probation.

I know from experience this is typical anarchist behavior.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
red china wins again

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I know from experience this is typical anarchist behavior.

awww why didnt i get any messages

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this is totalitarianism

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

i say swears online posted:

this is totalitarianism

and that's a good thing :)

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol stupid rear end in a top hat

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

hmm i wonder what the usa is doing in africa….. africom = supporting african communities??

https://twitter.com/thedailyshow/status/1471675058682843145?s=21

It’s truly impressive how much a shameless bitch for American white supremacy this rear end in a top hat has become

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Is this you xtal?

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

MLSM posted:

It’s truly impressive how much a shameless bitch for American white supremacy this rear end in a top hat has become

Yeah it's a rare sight seeing a coloured saffa have the obnoxious racist personality of an afrikaaner.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/LunaOi_VN/status/1471040931075813378

export of ideas lmao

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
top america ideas:

number one, iron man

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

just subtly implying that the inferior (yet somehow uniquely industrious) yellow man of the orient is inable of creative thought. fmd

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Centrist Committee posted:

top america ideas:

number one, iron man

https://twitter.com/mowzdef/status/1213947279645847554

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its a stupid ideology for stupid people and gets in the way of groups trying to do real work
All governments are incompetent kleptocracies. Works of Tanks governments doubly so.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Anarchists love stateless collectives almost as much as they love being cops and murdering minorities.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'we're setting up an autonomies zone free of oppression and tyranny'

*instantly shoots a random black person*

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

sexpig by night posted:

'we're setting up an autonomies zone free of oppression and tyranny'

*instantly shoots a random black person*
The only thing worse than professional cops is amateur cops.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
loling at the d&d thread swallowing that Reuters book review article hook line and sinker. I wish I was smart like them

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

xtal posted:

One underlying characteristic as explained by John Pittman is the nature of the cult of personalities to be a patriarch. The idea of the cult of personalities that coincides with the Marxist movements gains popular footing among the men in power with the idea that they would be the "fathers of the people". By the end of the 1920s, the male features of the cults became more extreme. Pittman identifies that these features became roles including the "formal role for a [male] 'great leader' as a cultural focus of the apparatus of the regime: reliance on top-down 'administrative measures': and a pyramidal structure of authority" which was created by a single ideal.[9]

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

boom headshot

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Palladium posted:

americans:

also americans: why are we losing manufacturing to china

the craziest american healthcare charge i ever saw was "skin to skin contact" after birth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008