Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Speaking of, they're all up on Pulse for pre-order: https://hasbropulse.com/collections/new

Really odd to show the wave today considering there's a live stream tomorrow, hoping they've saved some reveals. I really need a new Toad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Terminator Thor? I can dig it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Xenomrph posted:

Terminator Thor? I can dig it.

Evil robot clone Thor made by Tony Stark during Civil War. Thor wasn’t happy.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Speaking of, they're all up on Pulse for pre-order: https://hasbropulse.com/collections/new

Really odd to show the wave today considering there's a live stream tomorrow, hoping they've saved some reveals. I really need a new Toad.

The livestream is today at 1 PM EST.

Dan Yun posted the Oxyclean guy saying "wait, there's more" on twitter. So guessing there's more reveals.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

The livestream is today at 1 PM EST.

Dan Yun posted the Oxyclean guy saying "wait, there's more" on twitter. So guessing there's more reveals.

Oh it's TODAY? Good to know, think I was reading some Fwoosh posts that were dated yesterday today and it threw me off.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

is Rintrah going to be in a movie or something? I feel like that dude has been slowly dying in another dimension since like 1993

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Presumably nothing No Way Home yet, as it only comes out today in the US.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Karma Tornado posted:

is Rintrah going to be in a movie or something? I feel like that dude has been slowly dying in another dimension since like 1993

That’s the speculation I’ve seen based on the clothes

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I wonder if I can combine Rintrah's head and hands with a Kingpin to make a Darius Agger figure

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Apparently I'm old because there's a few of those new ML character reveals that I've never heard of, like Darwin and Maggot.

Bonebreaker tho, I used to love the old Toybiz figure from the 90s.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

No idea what this is, but I preordered it just to have the portal piece for the Figuarts Infinity War Strange that I still haven’t even unboxed.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Ahh DAMMIT I had a feeling Bonebreaker would be a BAF, I only care about Siryn from that wave and really don't feel like buying the others just for the BAF. Was there anybody really wanting a knifehit Wolverine..?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I got an email from Hasbro Pulse telling me the Fortnite Snake-Eyes got delayed. I forgot I ever even ordered it, so I went to the site to log in and change the delivery address since I've moved, but it has no record of me having an account. So I tried to make an account, and it kicks me back out like I tried to log in saying the password was incorrect. Super fun experience all around so far, lol.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shiftypenguin posted:

Apparently I'm old because there's a few of those new ML character reveals that I've never heard of, like Darwin and Maggot.

Bonebreaker tho, I used to love the old Toybiz figure from the 90s.

Darwin was used in the First Class movie.

Maggott is mostly known as a punchline for the likely worst X-Men member ever.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah, I could go for classic Sabertooth I guess (where's my classic Iron Fist / Heroes for Hire), but other than that I only want Bone Breaker.

There's so many 80's / 90's X-men they haven't hit yet. Feels crappy to buy all these other characters for that nostalgia hit.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I've been asking for a classic sabertooth but sad there still isn't a krakoa captain Britain.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Some great ML reveals today. The 90s weirdo in me is excited about Maggot.

I found McFarlane Blight today. He looks great. The only one from the set that’s eluded me is Batwoman Beyond. Now I don’t have anything to search for in person. Feels kinda odd.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 16, 2021

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Joe Fisto posted:

Some great ML reveals today. The 90s weirdo in me is excited about Maggot.

I found McFarlane Blight today. He looks great. The only one from the set that’s eluded me is Batwoman Beyond. Now I don’t have anything to search for in person. Feels kinda odd.

What if I gave you things to search for, and you bought them for me using your own money and shipped them at your expense? All the thrill of hunting and spending money, with none of the clutter in your house!

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I'm in the market for a high-quality Spiderman 1:12 action figure (Mafex or Yamaguchi?) for my son for Christmas but Big Bad Toy Store has none in stock and I've heard that purchasing them from Amazon is sketchy because it's too easy to get sold a knockoff by mistake. T/F? Any advice or recommendation on a reputable vendor other than BBTS?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

OH LAWD HE COMIN'

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Aphrodite posted:

Darwin was used in the First Class movie.

Maggott is mostly known as a punchline for the likely worst X-Men member ever.

Ah. I only saw that movie once when it first came out.

Joe Fisto posted:

It seems like a severe oversight to me that Blight does not glow in the dark.

Shiftypenguin fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 17, 2021

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Has anyone spotted any of the new Black Series wave of figures? Specifically Bib, Fennec, Migs and the Jedha Stormtrooper. I would gladly pay you cost + shipping + tip if you grabbed them for me.

I have them all preordered through Dorkside Toys, but it really sucks the fun out of it when so many others already have theirs from random Walmarts and Targets. And then over in Hong Kong, people have Cobb Vanth, a figure that's not even supposed to come out until July, maybe? The droids and creature sets from ShopDisney are also already out to some people, but not me yet for whatever reason despite ordering them on day 1.

Black Series distribution has been such a mess. I have 4/6 of the Rogue One figures, each gotten piecemeal over the months, and no clue when the last two are coming. Though apparently some people already have Baze Malbus (the guy with the red armor and huge gun) from the wave.

It really sucks the fun out of collecting when you see others with all the shiny new toys that you were monitoring closely and still have to wait 6+ months for.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 17, 2021

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Not I. Around here it's all General Lando and occasionally Carl Weathers... Which now that I type that says a LOT about Iowa.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I spotted Jyn Erso and Bodhi at GameStop on Wednesday but the paint on the hairline for Jyn was all jacked up so I left her on the pegs and ordered from Amazon, she should be here today.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Horsemen shipped Krampus today. They used FedEx so if I’m lucky I’ll see it in 2022.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Joe Fisto posted:

The Horsemen shipped Krampus today. They used FedEx so if I’m lucky I’ll see it in 2022.

Got mine today so hopefully yours shows up soon!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

10 Beers posted:

Got mine today so hopefully yours shows up soon!

I sure hope so! I currently have four packages out from FedEx and two of them should’ve been here earlier this week. If I received 50 packages from FedEx this year 2 were on time.

What do you think of the figure?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
a heads up if you're ordering expensive figures, current trend I'm seeing from overworked delivery drivers, specifically amazon, is to leave boxes by the mailbox(and in one case, a moving box-sized box ON TOP OF the mailbox), prime pickings for drive-by theft

so maybe be extra vigilant for when packages are being delivered because the drivers are being pushed far beyond their limits during the christmas season and so are cutting corners to meet quotas by leaving boxes basically by the road rather than walking it to the front step.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

If only there was a solution to driver/warehouse shortages like, oh I dunno, offering better benefits and higher wages

On a similar note, my postman crammed a package in my mailbox that was too big and I had to bend the mailbox to get it back out.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Joe Fisto posted:

I sure hope so! I currently have four packages out from FedEx and two of them should’ve been here earlier this week. If I received 50 packages from FedEx this year 2 were on time.

What do you think of the figure?

Ha, haven't even opened it yet. Got here really ght as I was getting done with work then I was headed out the door to see No Way Home.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

If only there was a solution to driver/warehouse shortages like, oh I dunno, offering better benefits and higher wages

On a similar note, my postman crammed a package in my mailbox that was too big and I had to bend the mailbox to get it back out.

My apartment complex has a package locker room and half the stuff that gets delivered there is too big to get back out; I’ve had to cut open the shipping boxes of a dozen packages this year to get the contents out of the locker and then get the tattered remains of the shipping box out.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
My Krampus arrived today and I too have not opened it

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh no, they’re great.

https://twitter.com/goodsmile_us/status/1472054151496581120

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Nanigans posted:

I have them all preordered through Dorkside Toys, but it really sucks the fun out of it when so many others already have theirs from random Walmarts and Targets.
Welcome to 2021 and I suspect through 2024. poo poo is super hosed.

After the wave finds in Oregon, I waited a week after Dorkside made the wave available to preorder. I deluded myself into thinking that Amazon would soon offer the wave or maybe they'd appear at my lone, tiny Target.

I quickly realized how stupid that gamble was and placed an order, not ecstatic but at least satisfied with the expectation of getting them no sooner than March. Yesterday I received my Fedex notification for the case. So it will be a rare Merry Christmas for me.

Still no sign that'll of that wave (that I'm aware of) on Amazon proper and I was shocked at my teeny tiny Target, a rare sight of full black series pegs...like 3 cases of the ROTJ Lando wave so nothing else is coming in anytime soon.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Flying Fists Heman and Terror Claws Skeletor have been seen at some Targets, so I asked my wife to look for them when she went there. I sent her some package shots, and she agreed to look.

I love her.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I just decided to start my Marvel Legends collection with Wal-Mart exclusive Tom Holland head Upgraded Suit, a loose Infinity Saga Thanos, and the re-release of Vulture with the wings.

Can anyone recommend good versions of the movie Avengers that reflects their most recent appearances? I've decided I'm going with those instead of trying to be a completionist beyond getting all of MCU Spidey's suits. I'm not interested in comic-verse figures either.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nodosaur posted:

I just decided to start my Marvel Legends collection with Wal-Mart exclusive Tom Holland head Upgraded Suit, a loose Infinity Saga Thanos, and the re-release of Vulture with the wings.

Can anyone recommend good versions of the movie Avengers that reflects their most recent appearances? I've decided I'm going with those instead of trying to be a completionist beyond getting all of MCU Spidey's suits. I'm not interested in comic-verse figures either.

There’s the Walmart exclusives fat Thor and Captain America.

Actually there’s two WM caps, the most recent one is Infinity War Cap with the beard, the older one is the Endgame version with mijolnir

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 18, 2021

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Joe Fisto posted:

There’s the Walmart exclusives fat Thor and Captain America.

Actually there’s two WM caps, the most recent one is Infinity War Cap with the beard, the older one is the Endgame version with mijolnir

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363654975134?epid=28036089264&hash=item54ab868e9e:g:9lAAAOSw24JhtuYr

Is the latter this one?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Yep. The hammer is hidden behind the shield for spoiler purposes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Joe Fisto posted:

Yep. The hammer is hidden behind the shield for spoiler purposes.

Is there a non battle damaged version of the figure? I don’t know if I need Mjolnir