Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

my cousin omi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Asproigerosis posted:

It is false to say biden and trump were equally useless against covid because in the face of far more virulent and deadly variants biden just opened up even more meanwhile the mere existence of trump was enough to compel lib governors to #resist with life saving mask and essential business mandates. You really hosed up when you did worse than the guy so loving dumb and narcissistic he thought covid was a plot against him, did everything he could to use a loving pandemic as a weapon against his political enemies at the expense of American lives, focused on how much grifting he could get out of the pandemic, and then immediately hosed off after losing the election like a petty bitch and intentionally sabotaged the vaccine rollout and transition for biden. You managed to do worse than that, incredible.

I think it's that while the Democrats aren't in power they'll actually sometimes oppose terrible ideas (whether or not they can do anything about them) so occasionally they get lucky and something not-awful happens. When Democrats are in power, they side with the terrible ideas every single time and bitch at the left when anybody notices.

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

so does this make the biden admin eugenicist

absolutely

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/lipsoneric/status/1472331676000956421

lol

how long before "I'm on a ventilator, but at least I'm not unvaccinated and dead!"

goalposts moving at record speed

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Asproigerosis posted:

It is false to say biden and trump were equally useless against covid because in the face of far more virulent and deadly variants biden just opened up even more meanwhile the mere existence of trump was enough to compel lib governors to #resist with life saving mask and essential business mandates. You really hosed up when you did worse than the guy so loving dumb and narcissistic he thought covid was a plot against him, did everything he could to use a loving pandemic as a weapon against his political enemies at the expense of American lives, focused on how much grifting he could get out of the pandemic, and then immediately hosed off after losing the election like a petty bitch and intentionally sabotaged the vaccine rollout and transition for biden. You managed to do worse than that, incredible.
:hai:
also while his admin/party pushes the cultural narrative of We Believe In Science, Pandemic Of The Unvaccinated, etc. lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mdemone posted:

lol 7% CFR for reinfection victims, if that holds up we are all going for a ride

what does that mean

code of federall regulations ??

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Smythe posted:

this statement is loving insane and should be grounds for impeachment, literally. consigning americans to loving die. unreal. it is absolutely loving unreal

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Smythe posted:

this statement is loving insane and should be grounds for impeachment, literally. consigning americans to loving die. unreal. it is absolutely loving unreal

Consigning literally all children under the age of 5 to death.
This is not grounds for impeachment, it's much worse than that.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
lol remember the boostered guy who died of Covid but the dr said it would be worse if he was unvaxxed

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

non invasive mild organic breathing assistance .

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

nexous posted:

lol remember the boostered guy who died of Covid but the dr said it would be worse if he was unvaxxed

"mild death"

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Asproigerosis posted:

The only politician I respect is the virus.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

many have been saying death to america for a long time, but until the biden administration nobody had the proficiency or opportunity to actually pull it off

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

euphronius posted:

what does that mean

code of federall regulations ??

Case fatality rate.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Lol that the Biden admin has just given up completely. They have to know that they and the DNC are losing 2022 and 2024 so they just want to make sure they keep their corporate donations by keeping poo poo moving.

Or they are so delusional that they really believe people will vote for them if they do nothing at all. Anti-vaxxer and libertarians aren’t voting blue no matter what they do.

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

Rotacixe posted:

You should check his reply to his own tweet. 7% is based on one death out of 14 hospitalized.

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciab999/6448857

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. I missed the comments at first because I clicked through and was watching the TWIV video.

Not a good sign but way too small of a sample size to mean anything definitive.

Here's a different study of reinfections with a larger sample size (577 cases).

Interestingly, that one showed a much higher rate of asymptomatic cases among reinfections (31.9%, up from 9.2%) but also small increases to severity and mortality rates:

quote:

Lastly, our results show that the use of low flow oxygen stood at 6.1% (n=35) of cases during the first infection which then doubled to 12.3% (n=71) of cases during reinfection (Fig 3). Out of the total studies, reports of ICU admission and mechanical ventilation was relatively low being 0.5% (n=3) and 0.3% (n=2) during first infection, respectively, compared to 1.7% (n=10) and 1.6% (n=9) during reinfection, respectively. This was contradictory to a higher number of asymptomatic cases observed in the reinfection phase, implicating for a possible need of an Individual Patient Data (IPD) analysis in future studies.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
okay bow do my kid that can’t get vaccinated. Then do immunocompromised people.

https://twitter.com/presssec/status/1472290556055277574?s=21

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Asproigerosis posted:

And you know what's fun? The good things that happened as a result of Trump being in office will never happen again.
Trump/DeSantis will never suggest making new vaccines.
Liberal states may try to impose half-assed NPIs again to spite Trump/DeSantis like they did before, but 2024 is not 2020 and they will simply send in the national guard to force them open.

We got 'lucky' in that there were blue states willing to do the right thing (well, a half-assed version of the right thing, but something better than literally nothing) and that Trump was not then fully in enough power, as they will be in 2024 because I think we'll be fully mask off then, to risk a civil war. Even though there wont be, because Dems will always fold.

The only two realistic scenarios under President Trump or President DeSantis are either a continuance of Biden in that literally nothing is done to combat COVID in the slightest, and red states continue to make individual attempts at mitigation illegal, or more likely even more aggressive collaboration; nation-wide masking bans, and discussion of COVID, which is officially over, being as illegal as discussion of CRT.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Lawlicaust posted:

Lol that the Biden admin has just given up completely. They have to know that they and the DNC are losing 2022 and 2024 so they just want to make sure they keep their corporate donations by keeping poo poo moving.

Or they are so delusional that they really believe people will vote for them if they do nothing at all. Anti-vaxxer and libertarians aren’t voting blue no matter what they do.

satan is going to rise up out of the atlantic after it turns into blood and skulls and he's going to run and I'm going to vote for him

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my god

https://twitter.com/lipsoneric/status/1470603043972521988

https://twitter.com/lipsoneric/status/1472013819736203266

https://twitter.com/lipsoneric/status/1472065447327641600

:lol:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

if you're in the uk looking for ppe i'd still recommend craigmoreonline, got a hf-802sd from them with p3rs and a pack of 3m aura ffp2s. any data on how long the p3r or a similar filter lasts outside of high exposure events? i know 'wear until trouble breathing' but any ballpark measurements for that

6 months to a year for those filters.

a friend replaced theirs after ~6 months of grocery store use, plus using them outdoors for wildfire smoke. they said breathing through the filters was giving them a sore throat. I swapped my first set after a year of grocery store runs, and the filters still felt fine.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

so does this make the biden adminUnited States government eugenicist

Buffer posted:

absolutely

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Rubby, I love you. You are a treasure.

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god

Crazypoops posted:

satan is going to rise up out of the atlantic after it turns into blood and skulls and he's going to run and I'm going to vote for him

obviously, he's the harm reduction candidate

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Asproigerosis posted:

biden is worse than trump in the same way that manchin is worse than having another actual (r) senator

all are enemies but one kind makes libs actually try to do anything

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

blue squares posted:

I started wearing Aura 9205s and find myself sneezing into it fairly often. I wonder if I am allergic or
if it irritates my nose somehow. anyone else?

When I first started wearing them I was having some weird sinus problems because the foam on the nose seals really well and you don't have to curve it inwards to follow the sides of your nose as much as masks without the foam. It kind of compressed the sides of my nose enough to irritate it to where it would get kind of runny right after I put them on.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

lmao

big time rush still exist in 2021

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Again cannot help but think regardless of whichever political party they affiliate with, white people over 50 dying on mass in America will have a net benefit lol.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

That Spooky Witch posted:

obviously, he's the harm reduction candidate

free blood ocean

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

this is the first post i can see referencing the gupta study so i'll include it to keep everyone up to speed

the crux is that the study's outcomes are:
https://twitter.com/GuptaR_lab/status/1471941655465017350
omicron is worse at generating severe disease via lung tissue, however they were using 10% FCS in media for their in vetro cells, so the followup of:
https://twitter.com/MaryYiWeiWu/status/1472311359723474947
0% FCS showing far more omicron activity vs 10% gives an idea that the prior study isn't showing like for like in that delta performs very differently than omicron to note:
https://twitter.com/MaryYiWeiWu/status/1472314937364131843

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

so does this make the biden admin eugenicist

I don't think so. I think it's more evil than that. Eugenicists is at least predicated on psuedoscientific, ableist, almost always implicitly or explicitly racist, ideas of making society better by encouraging the 'superior' to breed and discouraging the 'inferior' to not breed - and possibly culling them as well.
Biden has just consigned all children, regardless of race or health, under the age of 5 to death. That is not eugenicist. That compares unfavorably to eugenics.

If there was a child vaccine and he was just consigning the immunocompromised to death, then yeah, that's making an implicit statement that the unhealthy have no place in society. But this is beyond even that.

That anyone could say in earnest that all children under the age of 5 are on their own and should probably just die, and not be immediately dragged screaming out of their home and subjected to whatever justice the mob saw fit, is a sign of a failed society.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Consigning literally all children under the age of 5 to death.
This is not grounds for impeachment, it's much worse than that.
we can only do so much, Missouri has laws

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

you know that funny feeling when the rollercoaster/ride hits that falling velocity. that's happening in my brain

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Rubby, I love you and your adorable art, but come on. I thought penguin had better mask discipline than that. I mean we know Biden probably has the 'roni. They aint safe!

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crazypoops posted:

you know that funny feeling when the rollercoaster/ride hits that falling velocity. that's happening in my brain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObOqq1knVxs

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Rubby, I love you and your adorable art, but come on. I thought penguin had better mask discipline than that. I mean we know Biden probably has the 'roni. They aint safe!

he's already got it, he's pulling a trump

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

that penguin has Covid and he’s trying to save America

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
man the only good thing to come out of this omicron wave are the non-stop posts from libs who wanted to pretend the pandemic away saying how they and everybody they know are popping faster than popcorn at a theater. owns when pretentious assholes who want the whole cake are in the “find out” stage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this country isn't worth having