Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

one-time fee
Sep 29, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
edit.

not a good start to a page.

sorry, still getting the hang of this.

one-time fee fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lmao I wanted to see what wang got pinged for and it was in the other thread and that thread is just all of y’all getting yelled at you ain’t gotta do that who the gently caress cares stay out of that quarantine

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

page 3k roni's over any day (now)

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

posting on the pandemic page

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

I love how a couple days ago we were all joking about President Desantis doing this in 2024. lol. lmao.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thanks i hate it

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

bowser posted:

Well at least on the bright side Omicron completely eliminated the Delta variant and that isn't a concern anymore.
we still don't know if it'll supplant delta entirely or if they'll co-exist for a while, there's still plenty of people to catch both and a recombinant to occur

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

kater posted:

lmao I wanted to see what wang got pinged for and it was in the other thread and that thread is just all of y’all getting yelled at you ain’t gotta do that who the gently caress cares stay out of that quarantine

only 2k people are dying every day, no biggy,

the poop thread will still say covid is over even if it reaches 100,000 per day dead.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

one-time fee posted:

edit.

when you're the first post on a new page you can just pretend it's any other post and shut the gently caress up about it, hth

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just realized something - since Regeneron is now useless and he was only pushing it because of the kickbacks, what is DeSantis going to push when Omicron overtakes Florida?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

vote

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

U-DO Burger posted:

oh god im feeling the crack-ping again. been a few months

i remember that awful feeling when it dawned on me that our national delta strategy was just to tank the virus. it's happening again lol

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

LGD posted:

that's really underselling the perversity of the official messaging

https://twitter.com/WalkerBragman/status/1472292258808582156?s=20

For the source, because even I couldn't believe that line:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...h-officials-74/

That's so god drat callous. Yeah, my kid really has a choice here. gently caress you, Biden.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

McNugget Buddy posted:

Just realized something - since Regeneron is now useless and he was only pushing it because of the kickbacks, what is DeSantis going to push when Omicron overtakes Florida?

nothing. he is successfully getting away with just not reporting cases or deaths so it looks like no one has it. biden saw this and is going to do it now too

bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

McNugget Buddy posted:

Regeneron.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I mean, look, the 0-5 crowd don't vote very often, so who cares if they live or die.

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

one-time fee posted:

edit.

:jpmf:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

https://youtu.be/12Uug-t7iIA

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

The Vinja Ninja posted:

only 2k people are dying every day, no biggy,

the poop thread will still say covid is over even if it reaches 100,000 per day dead.

Nah. I don't think they will take it seriously, but the narrative I do think will change when there are literally bodies in the streets. Probably when mid-January rolls around, even, and there are simply no hospitals anywhere.

Liberals are bad, but they are not fascists. They are not as skilled or practiced or comfortable with completely ignoring undeniable objective reality when it's right in their face. The narrative will switch hard to blaming the unvaccinated and/or blaming China. We won't change our behavior or accept blame, but we will lash out at a scapegoat.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

one-time fee posted:

edit.

No one gives a gently caress about the first post on a page we have like 50 new pages a day and all posts are holy in god’s viewing.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Tzen posted:

aww little baby, you don't want to do bath time right now? you're the reason this pandemic continues, expect serious illness and death

i burst out laughing out loud at how ridiculous this is.

like yeah i think people who HAD the option to get vaxxed and didn't kinda suck, but that messaging doesn't help at all for the 0-4, immunocompromised, etc and even then only like 17% of the US is boosted and we know how well double-vaxx works with omicron. and when hospitals are full it doesn't matter that you did everything right if some rear end in a top hat crashes into you and the hospitals are too full to do life saving surgery on you. just lmao

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Libs only able to focus on vaccination while a variant that we know has some large degree of vaccine escape is gaining dominance is very strange to watch play out. Sort of a microcosm of the limits of technocratic liberalism and the way that liberals approach social good.

It's causing them much psychic trouble. I would suggest writing poetry, or gardening, if they would listen to me.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Liberals are bad, but they are not fascists.

buddy

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I started wearing Aura 9205s and find myself sneezing into it fairly often. I wonder if I am allergic or
if it irritates my nose somehow. anyone else?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

just post and only your respirator trust

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

blue squares posted:

I started wearing Aura 9205s and find myself sneezing into it fairly often. I wonder if I am allergic or

should've started wearing them sooner

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://i.imgur.com/x2PoGc5.mp4

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

blue squares posted:

No, my only complaint with the Aura’s is the chin flap always rides up when I talk. not enough to break the deal or fall off but enough to be annoying and require adjustment

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Melator

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Thoguh posted:

No one gives a gently caress about the first post on a page we have like 50 new pages a day and all posts are holy in god’s viewing.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

3000 pages of Roni

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

one-time fee posted:

edit.

You're among friends here, no need to censor yourself

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/GregHilburn1/status/1472303608905584651

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

papersack posted:

For the source, because even I couldn't believe that line:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...h-officials-74/

That's so god drat callous. Yeah, my kid really has a choice here. gently caress you, Biden.

It's literally blaming us for the mass death that's coming. Our government has determined that its response is perfect, that it has given us too much (eg, possible student debt forgiveness, child tax credits), and that what's about to come is us failing them and not the other way around. There is nothing about this statement to respect. It's beyond disgusting.

I think this might be my crack ping moment because I just can't wrap my head around this one.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Frosted Flake posted:

UBC told students not to fly home because of the health risk and that they must attend exams in person, and return for in person classes in January.

:canada:

Somebody tweeted that UBC's motto could be alternately read as "it's up to you" or "it's yours" and I suggested splitting the difference and just going with "up yours."

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Thoguh posted:

No, my only complaint with the Aura’s is the chin flap always rides up when I talk. not enough to break the deal or fall off but enough to be annoying and require adjustment
This happens to me too. My off-brand duck bill looking N95 works a little better imo

My job that was WFH with no issues for over a year stopped being WFH at the end of summer and I need to work to live so hopefully these masks work and I don’t infect my unvaccinated kid

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
3000 pages of misery and death.

Been fun, would recommend.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Tzen posted:

posting on the pandemic page

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

mystery covid strain 3000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/fitterhappierAJ/status/1472285742428737537

Edit: super small sample size though so it doesn't mean much