Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
new n64 game found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biUGebxz9Lc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
That's a big loving cartridge

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, dev units were real big

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Did the developed but canned Mega Man Legends 3 demo/prototype ever turn up anywhere? Or is 3DS stuff too recent to start showing up in the recent leaks?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Warbird posted:

Did the developed but canned Mega Man Legends 3 demo/prototype ever turn up anywhere? Or is 3DS stuff too recent to start showing up in the recent leaks?

No. I’m still hoping Capcom resurrects it sometime.:unsmith:

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Warbird posted:

Aside from hackers, the usual way these things get out there is from someone dying or a company going out of business and a copy getting out because there was nobody around that knew what it was.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

No. I’m still hoping Capcom resurrects it sometime.:unsmith:

I really doubt they ever will in any meaningful format. Even if we get a MML3 at some point we're well beyond the point where any assets made for a 3DS game would be meaningful.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ImpAtom posted:

I really doubt they ever will in any meaningful format. Even if we get a MML3 at some point we're well beyond the point where any assets made for a 3DS game would be meaningful.

Yeah, I meant in the sense of ideas and scenarios they had planned out. I just want it.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Aside from hackers, the usual way these things get out there is from someone dying or a company going out of business and a copy getting out because there was nobody around that knew what it was.

How do we have so many Sega and Nintendo ones then, since they're both (despite Sega's best efforts at times) still in business.

EDIT:

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, I meant in the sense of ideas and scenarios they had planned out. I just want it.

I just want story resolution. Like I'd love Inafuni to redeem himself a bit and do a comic or at least a tell-all.
He was the writer/story designer for those right? Or was he just a moneyman on those too.

Like those games were fun playable saturday morning animes. The characters weren't deep or anything, but they were fun and endearing and I want resolution for them and a story child-me invested in.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Woops double-post.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

How do we have so many Sega and Nintendo ones then, since they're both (despite Sega's best efforts at times) still in business.

nintendo got hacked bigtime

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Yeah that's why this thread started. Go back and read the early pages there's lots of amazing real and fake content.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Oh yeah dub. But I mean weren’t a lot of the sets stuff found in like old warehouses? And like yeah the F-Zero Zelda overwrite was like just some eBay auction or something?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

IShallRiseAgain posted:

So what you’re saying is that we have to kill Capcom.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
"Listen we are all friends here. Nobody is gonna get hurt. I'm just gonna take you for a ride."

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Warbird posted:

So what you’re saying is that we have to kill Capcom.

I mean, they're doing a pretty good job of that already.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Randalor posted:

I mean, they're doing a pretty good job of that already.

They’ve been a lot better recently. Certainly miles better than when Legends 3 was cancelled. At least they’re treating original Mega Man decently lately.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Capcom makes ungodly amounts of money off Monster Hunter alone, Resident Evil is arguably bigger than it's been since the PS1 and even Ace Attorney is gaining some mainstream traction. They're not killing themselves.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

njsykora posted:

Capcom makes ungodly amounts of money off Monster Hunter alone, Resident Evil is arguably bigger than it's been since the PS1 and even Ace Attorney is gaining some mainstream traction. They're not killing themselves.

... okay, I'll admit I forgot Ace Attorney was Capcom, for some reason I thought MH was Square-Enix, and RE 7 and 8 were actually good. So yeah, we kill Capcom, give the good franchises to other good developers, and keep Inafune as far from Megaman as possible.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mega Man 11 was really good imo

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
gamecube sdk released

https://twitter.com/forestillusion/status/1472559063175024643

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Randalor posted:

... okay, I'll admit I forgot Ace Attorney was Capcom, for some reason I thought MH was Square-Enix, and RE 7 and 8 were actually good. So yeah, we kill Capcom, give the good franchises to other good developers, and keep Inafune as far from Megaman as possible.

Inafune is fine.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
edit: this is the wrong thread for this poo poo anyway

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 19, 2021

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Inafune has also not been affiliated with Capcom in any capacity for a decade.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Devil May Cry 5 was also really good and Mega Man 11 did more to advance the classic series than the retro throwbacks of 9 and 10 did.

Capcom were poo poo in the early 10s but they've had way more hits than misses in the later half of the 10s and 2020/2021 to the point people are calling it Capcom's redemption arc. The only real miss I can think of is the RE3 Remake and even that's still a pretty good game, just a disappointing remake. Not sure why they need to die?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Capcom will never die!!! Long live the king!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/laudelino7/status/1472579235969736706

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I will never play Robert Cop 2 but I downloaded it anyway just to have it, just in case I need to prove to someone Robert Cop 2 existed

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So slightly afield possibly of the main thrust of this thread, but like, how far along was Mario 64 2? Do we know? Like was it legit abandoned in the planning stages, or was there something made that could theoretically get leaked one day?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

There's a mention online that a demo level was made, but nothing about if that was like, an actually functional Level or just some greybox test space.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

So slightly afield possibly of the main thrust of this thread, but like, how far along was Mario 64 2? Do we know? Like was it legit abandoned in the planning stages, or was there something made that could theoretically get leaked one day?

Miyamoto himself said they had something going with Mario and Luigi on screen at once.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

SeANMcBAY posted:

Miyamoto himself said they had something going with Mario and Luigi on screen at once.

Disgusting. They’re brothers

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
If L is real 2041, we've got 20 years to go.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Disgusting. They’re brothers

They could be stepbrothers

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
According to the 1993 cinematic masterpiece Super Mario Bros., Luigi Mario was adopted by Mario Mario’s biological parents, who then passed away when they were young, leaving Mario Mario to raise Luigi Mario.

This is canon and I expect ALL Mario-related media to respect it.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Even going by Yoshi's Island canon, Mushroom Kingdom babies don't actually come from their parents but from a magical stork island somewhere in the sky. We have no reason to believe that just because they're delivered by the same stork to the same place they're any more related than any of the other magical stork island babies.

Especially because Mario and Luigi's delivery was complicated and involved multiple sets of "parents", we really cant say much for sure about what's really going on between them.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
mario's a fuckin plumber and i'll be cold in the grave before i recognize any other bullshit

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SniperWoreConverse posted:

mario's a fuckin plumber and i'll be cold in the grave before i recognize any other bullshit

Hes an actor, but he plays a plumber in his most famous role.

Mario Party and the sports titles are just he and his actor friends hanging out which is why you get some guest stars and then weirdos with nothing to their name like Waluigi

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

SniperWoreConverse posted:

He's chris pratt, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Barudak posted:

Hes an actor, but he plays a plumber in his most famous role.

Mario Party and the sports titles are just he and his actor friends hanging out which is why you get some guest stars and then weirdos with nothing to their name like Waluigi

Mario Party is the Happy Madison of Mario productions.