Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

pentyne posted:

gifting them a surprise pet.

That reminds me, what was that story where OP received a live octopus from their boyfriend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

olylifter posted:

I have had people call me a jobsworth and other unkind names.

What? I've never heard this one before

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
The only workplace tradition that counts is showing up, doing your job, and going home again.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

ScienceSeagull posted:

That reminds me, what was that story where OP received a live octopus from their boyfriend?
I remember that the octopus was 100% going to die if OP didn't immediately get it in a temporary tank with the right conditions and then beg someone else to take it because marine animals shockingly need highly specific conditions.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

PetraCore posted:

I remember that the octopus was 100% going to die if OP didn't immediately get it in a temporary tank with the right conditions and then beg someone else to take it because marine animals shockingly need highly specific conditions.

It was at some ridiculous time, too, like ten at night they're getting the world's most delicate marine life yeeted towards them with a "heads up!"

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for calling out a sexist tradition at my work when everyone thought I was overreacting?

Bride-to-be seems to know what's up, she does sound exhausting to be around.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

ScienceSeagull posted:

My boyfriend [32M] of 8 months tried to surprise me [30F] with a pet octopus. I freaked out at him, now he's not speaking to me.
https://rareddit.com/r/relationships/comments/7pc9qm/my_boyfriend_32m_of_8_months_tried_to_surprise_me/

quote:

I [30F] used to be a marine biologist who worked in an aquarium. But it's a very mentally, physically, and emotionally taxing job, and I burnt out after about five years. I work an office job now, which I like a lot better in about a million different ways. I sometimes miss taking care of the animals, but it was not worth all the other bullshit that came with it.

Cephalopods were my favorite animals to take care of, octopuses in particular.

My boyfriend [32F, dating for 8 months] was out of town visiting family for Christmas/New Years, but he came back on Thursday. We met that night at my apartment to exchange Christmas presents.

My present was big. When I unwrapped it, I was shocked. It was a fish tank. 50 gallons, apparently. Along with a couple hang-on-back filters, a heater, a light to go on top, two bags of sea salt, and some kitschy tank decorations. And that's it.

Then my boyfriend exclaimed, “Surprise! I got you an octopus!" I asked him what he meant, and he explained to me that he bought me an octopus as a Christmas present, and it was being express shipped overnight to my apartment!

As soon as he told me, I started to panic. I literally stood there going like, "I -- I -- I --" like I was a loving cartoon character. My boyfriend then said something like, "We better hurry up and put this tank together!" like it's a TV stand from IKEA and he ordered me a new flatscreen or something.

I just started rambling. I don't have any RO water, there's no protein skimmer, these filters aren't big enough, I don't have space for a tank this big, where are we going to mix fifty gallons of saltwater, the tank isn't cycled!! The tank isn't cycled!! That octopus is going to die once we put it in this tank!

I told him that he needs to cancel the order. He needs to call whoever he bought that octopus from and cancel it. My boyfriend said that he can't, he got confirmation that they already shipped it out.

At this point, I was starting to get hysterical. Someone needs to be at my place to pick up the package, it'll freeze outside if the delivery guy just leaves it by my front door! I don't have any food to feed the octopus! THE TANK ISN'T CYCLED!

My boyfriend was trying to calm me down, and I kept yelling at him, "What are we going to do? What are we going to do when it gets here?" And he said something like, "I dunno, I thought you'd be able to figure it out?"

I had to really dig deep inside myself to find that part of me that would keep me level headed in similar scary, time-sensitive situations from back in my aquarium days. My boyfriend just stood there awkwardly while I wracked my brain.

I suddenly realized I could take it to our local aquarium where I used to volunteer, way back when I was first trying be an aquarist. Most everyone I volunteered for was gone, but I still knew two people who worked there.

Neither phone number I still had in my cellphone for those two people worked anymore, but I was still friends with them on Facebook, so I PM'd both of them and prayed. My boyfriend was still standing around awkwardly, and I told him that if he wanted to leave, he could. So he did.

Fortunately, one of the aquarists I used to volunteer for (he’s the curator now!) responded within about an hour, and I explained the whole situation to him and asked if they could take the octopus. He said he wasn't sure, but to bring the octopus to the aquarium tomorrow after it shows up anyway. Worst case scenario, we might be able to move it into a new bag with clean water, throw in some new hand warmers, and overnight it back to where it came from.

I called into work and explained the whole situation to my boss and why I needed to stay home the next day, and because I am so very lucky, she was understandable and let me take Friday off.

Anyway! Long story short, the octopus showed up in the afternoon. I raced to the aquarium, met up with the other aquarist I used to volunteer for (the curator was in a meeting) and thank God, he said they had some space in quarantine for an octopus. So we open up the shipping box and pull out a bag with this...this utterly loving adorable little octopus. He was probably only a foot long arm tip to arm tip, he was all white with big eyes (probably because the poor thing was scared out of his mind). Not gonna lie, for a second there I was like, “...maybe I could get that tank up and running and then come back to get him” -- but that is not realistically feasible for me right now.

Then we passed him off to the quarantine team, and I apologized a bunch, and said thank you a bunch, and then went home and took a serious nap because I did not sleep well the night before.

So all this went down on Friday. It is now Tuesday. I have not heard from my boyfriend since Friday afternoon, when I texted him what I had done. He just texted back, “OK, that’s good to hear.” On Saturday, I tried calling him a couple times, but my phone calls just went straight to voicemail. I texted him again, this time apologizing for freaking out and yelling at him, but also adding that hey, you get why I was kinda justified in doing so, right? (Whiiiiich maybe wasn’t the best way to apologize :/) I don’t feel like I overreacted (or did I?) and I wasn’t necessarily mad about getting the octopus as a gift, just...scared? If we didn’t get it out of the water it was shipped in and into a cycled tank, it would die in a couple hours and that was a huge reason I left aquarium work. I couldn’t handle when animals would die. It would gently caress me up for days...I guess in some ways, it’s still kind of loving me up, a little bit.

So what do I do now?

tl;dr: Boyfriend tried to surprise me with a pet octopus! Which I immediately turned over to proper caretakers because I am in no position to take care of one! And now my boyfriend isn't talking to me. I don't know what to do here?

EDIT: OMG this exploded. I gotta go to bed, y'all, but thanks for all the great advice and the, uh, gold, apparently? I probably won't have much time to respond to comments tomorrow, but I'll definitely be back with an update!
In the comments she mentions the tank didn't even have a lid.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AITA for refusing to spend time with my son’s girlfriend on Christmas?

quote:

My son “Danny” (27) has been dating a woman “Julia” (35) for a year now. He is very smart, handsome and a sweet boy as well as very successful. Julia seems ok, she owns a home and works and is nice enough but I think Danny can do better to be honest. Julia is nice enough but I think it would be more appropriate to date someone closer to his own age.

Danny has always wanted a large family and I have reminded him several times that if that is what he wants, he needs to end things with Julia. I don’t think it’s fair to lead her on, and she is too old to give him a large family. He has told me to butt out and that his priorities have changed. He says he would rather be with her even if it means only having one or two children and it’s something he has discussed with her. My heartbreaks because I think she is manipulating him into pretending he is ok with it.

I was discussing Christmas plans with Danny and he replied he would not be over on Christmas morning, and said if I wanted I could come to his home the afternoon of Christmas for dinner. He said Julia’s family would be there and he was planning on proposing. I was extremely upset and expressed my disappointment and told him if he proposes to Julia I will get up and walk out. He told me not to come at all, and I was acting like an rear end in a top hat to Julia for no valid reason. I said my reason is valid because obviously if she is 35 and unmarried that is a red flag and he shouldn’t marry someone that old at his young age.I told him I refuse to spend any time with him on a Christmas if he does this. He said he won’t spend time with me at all and I haven’t heard from him since. My other sons think I am being an rear end in a top hat but I think I am a mother trying to protect her son, so AITA?
WIBTA if I called my mom to pick me up because my dad is leaving me out of everything?

quote:

I’m staying in a hotel with my dad (40), his wife (38) my half sister (19), me (14F) and my half brother (7) until Monday. We got here on Tuesday afternoon and are about 6 hours away from where my mom lives. We are staying in a hotel to visit his relatives for the holidays. Next weekend I will be with my mom and her relatives.

My dad got us a hotel room with a two queen beds and pullout couch. So it’s been me on the pullout couch, brother and step mom in one bed and dad and sister in the other bed. (Yes my dad and sister are sleeping in the same bed - they are really close, she started living with him earlier this year and she has a lot of childhood trauma from her own mother and didn’t get to see my dad a lot growing up - I don’t think she’s going to therapy atm but needs to and I think it’s weird he baby’s her and they sleep together but what do I know)

My step mom doesn’t really like me and is cold towards me and trying to get her to do anything with me is like pulling teeth. My dad is always occupied with my sister. They are like best friends. They talk and laugh at each other for hours everyday. He recently bought her a bunch of stuffed animals, new clothes, and craft kits. He watches movies with her, listens to music with her, they play just dance alot in the hotel room, my brother joins in. He also plays sonic racing games alot with my brother. They all make arts and crafts and stuff out of legos. My step mom has been taking my brother out during the day to go do stuff with him. Leaves the 3 of us in the room. My dad and sister like to go to the hotel pool multiple times a day. Everyone is here at night but it’s usually my dad is with my sister, brother with his mom but sometimes brother is with them and then my step mom goes out by herself for the evening. I’m left by myself watching Tik tok. If I try and join in, everyone ignores me and acts like I’m not there or tells me to go away.

My sister and dad cook food a lot and then leave their dirty plates sitting out. Everyones clothes are all over the hotel room. Actually, There is a bunch of stuff everywhere around the hotel room, it looks like a tornado hit it.

My dad took my sister out to the movies yesterday and then to the outlet mall. He didn’t invite me and when I asked to go, he told me he will take me to do something another time. It’s always another time. The day before that he took my brother and sister bowling and to an arcade and told me to spend time with my step mom. She ended up watching Netflix shows and not talking to me. Today, they all went to my grandmas house and I didn’t get to go because I wasn’t awake by the time they left. Nobody woke me up and I woke up today around 10:30. So I’ve been here by myself all day and they still aren’t back yet and it’s almost 8pm. We are supposed to all go visit relatives tomorrow but I have a feeling I will be left out again

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Splicer posted:

My boyfriend [32M] of 8 months tried to surprise me [30F] with a pet octopus. I freaked out at him, now he's not speaking to me.
https://rareddit.com/r/relationships/comments/7pc9qm/my_boyfriend_32m_of_8_months_tried_to_surprise_me/

I hope they broke up, he sounds like a dipshit.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

WIBTA if I called my mom to pick me up because my dad is leaving me out of everything?

Well this is just :smith:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Arsenic Lupin posted:

drat, poor girl.

She should just leave and see how many days it takes before any of them notice she's gone.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for exposing the true paternity of my friend's son at her family gathering?

quote:

This sounds so bad, I know, and I am mortified, but I had no idea what I was doing.

I (F40) was invited to stop by and see one of my dearest friends from childhood at her mother's home yesterday evening. She lives overseas, and hadn't been in the states for years, so she wanted me to stop by even though they had other family visiting her mother as well.

When I got there, my friend introduced me to a couple of her cousins and their husbands. At that point, all the kids were downstairs in the playroom, but she called her son to come up so I could meet him. Her son came and shook my hand, and I remarked how handsome he was. He has deep dimples, and gorgeous hazel eyes with long lashes. Right behind him was a girl about the same age with the same eyes and dimples. I said to my friend, "Oh, I didn't know you had a daughter too! You two look like twins."

The room was suddenly quiet. My friend's son corrected me and said the girl is his cousin, not his sister. My friend was shooting daggers at me with her eyes as if I'd said something terrible, and her cousin (who I'd later find out was the mother of the girl) got up and left the room looking upset. Her husband followed her. Things became so weird and awkward from that moment on, I made an excuse to leave. Only this afternoon when my friend's younger sister called (we were also friends in school) did I find out why.

So, apparently, my friend had an affair with her cousin's husband when she lived with them briefly, and her son is the product of that affair. From what I was just told, she won't admit it, but everyone has suspected it because the older her son gets the more he looks like the man. I honestly didn't notice the resemblance last night because the husband had just given me a quick wave from the far side of the room where he was watching a game. The reason the cousin, his wife, got upset and left the room is she's suspected something for years, but everyone has worked hard at convincing her she's paranoid and seeing a resemblance that's not there.

So, I'm TA in the scenario now and ruined everyone's Christmas, or at least that's how it seems because my friend won't return my call or texts.

ETA - The reason I made the leap to thinking the girl was my friend's daughter is she came upstairs with the son, while all the other kids stayed downstairs, and she was standing behind the son as if awaiting her turn to be introduced to me.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It takes a village to gaslight someone

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Bargearse posted:

The only workplace tradition that counts is showing up, doing your job, and going home again.

You forgot about forming a union and leaking your boss' crimes to the media + feds

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
That's almost levels of Dale Gribble brilliance.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The problem here is with her.

She’s confused a literal steaming pile of dogshit with her family. Easy mistake to make in her circumstance.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

That's almost levels of Dale Gribble brilliance.
OP shoulda used some of the ol' pocket sand to escape that situation

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
POCKET UNION! SH-SHAAA!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for calling out a sexist tradition at my work when everyone thought I was overreacting?
I mean, it's the right thing to do but you're gonna die on that hill

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

mind the walrus posted:

I mean, it's the right thing to do but you're gonna die on that hill

100% she’s gonna get fired unless she drops it immediately

Hope she can win though that workplace sucks

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah they sound like trashy fucks.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Evil Willow posted:

yeah, brett definitely has some weird cake smashing fetish going on

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for exposing the true paternity of my friend's son at her family gathering?

This is on them anyway she told on herself. If you’re gonna be a lying piece of poo poo you gotta always double down no matter what not just give up when someone accidentally calls you on it

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

This is secretly a blessing in disguise because the girl needs to get as far away from her father as possible. Both really, but somehow I don't think the one sharing a bed with Daddy is going to come to that realization anytime soon.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Dazerbeams posted:

This is secretly a blessing in disguise because the girl needs to get as far away from her father as possible. Both really, but somehow I don't think the one sharing a bed with Daddy is going to come to that realization anytime soon.
At best he's trying to make up for a childhood lost to abuse but uuuuh therapy is necessary there, not just showering with affection.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Nebrilos posted:

What? I've never heard this one before

It think it’s fancy British slang for “rule nazi”

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

PetraCore posted:

At best he's trying to make up for a childhood lost to abuse but uuuuh therapy is necessary there, not just showering with affection.
A stupid part of me-- so most of me-- tried to do a quick thought exercise if it's better or worse that the sister the father is literally sharing a bed with is noted as being 19. The fact that both answers are equally horrific for different reasons is enough.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AITA for breaking something of my sister's for a cause?

quote:

So I’ll keep this somewhat short and sweet and to the point: I (23F) have a sister (25F) who LOVES planes, particularly, making models of them. I don’t personally get it, but I mean she’s not harming anyone. It can be annoying because she does try to bring it up a lot. Like whenever I meet with her or at family get togethers, she always tells me what model she’s working on, and on and on and on. I always try politely cut her off and redirect the conversation. She always seems a little put down by this which I do feel bad for, but we’d be there all night (or like 10 more minute) otherwise. So she has a few cases of the models she made around the house. So she put this model kit on her Christmas list and I bought it for her and it wasn’t cheap and non-refundable (because I did lose the receipt.) I’m staying with her and her husband (29M) for the holiday season and I was looking at the model case she has in the hallway and I found a pretty similar plane as the expensive one I bought. Now I’m not saying what I did here was right, I’m wondering if it was justified. She put this plane on her Christmas list, when she had a similar one in her house and now I was stuck with the one I bought her so I did my best to make it look like an accident. Like I was holding it and I could tell she was nervous about that, but I “tripped” and dropped it and broke it. I was apologizing and she was trying to play it off like everything was ok, but she was crying as she was cleaning it up, which was a little over the top. She seemed really disappointed and went to bed early and her husband spent the night at the kitchen table to see if there was something he could do to fix it. I feel guilty, but again, don’t put something you already have or something similar on your Christmas list!! AITA?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

what ??
what ? ?? ?? ?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Arsenic Lupin posted:

lmao that's loving stupid, really?

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

Arsenic Lupin posted:

i read the title and was like "what kind of charity breaks people's possessions"

also holy poo poo what the gently caress is wrong with this person

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for throwing away my hamburger after someone took a bite out of it

quote:

Yesterday at lunch I (F16) got a hamburger and fries for lunch in the cafeteria. I went over to the table where my friends were and I sat down my tray to save my seat and went to go get ketchup because I forgot it.

When I was away from my food, the guy (M16) that I put my tray down next to took a bite out of my hamburger and put it back. When I got back I was pissed off and said that it was disgusting, and threw it away. He got pissy with me and said I was overreacting and that he didn't have any diseases. He already had his own lunch so I think he was just trying to be funny, but I didn't think it was funny.

I ended up going and buying another one, and he ate some of my fries when I was gone. I told him if he needed more food I would go get some for him but to stop touching my stuff. He just rolled his eyes and said that its not a big deal and I'm getting mad over nothing.

AITA for overreacting? I don't think he has any weird diseases but I don't want his mouth germs all over my food!

you can throw people into bins as well

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Back under the bridge model airplane enthusiast destroyer troll

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

quote:

Now I’m not saying what I did here was right, I’m wondering if it was justified.

This person doesn’t understand what words mean

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Arsenic Lupin posted:

She had already made Enola Gay, why would she want Bockscar? They're the same plane!!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Wedding drama with a twist WAY more interesting than the original question

quote:

AITA for saying my brother ruined his own life and it's no one else's problem but his? (self.AmItheAsshole)
submitted 1 month ago * by Orange-Pears89005

Edited to change a word
One of my cousins is engaged and they are having a wedding in another state because his future wife has 2 relatives who live there. They are in their 90s and can't travel easily. Everyone else who is invited to the wedding is not as old and is healthy and would have no problem making the 2.5 hour drive there.
My parents got upset when they found out about the wedding being there because it means one of my brothers can't go. Legally he can't leave the state right now because of legal issues. The cousin who is getting married is the son of my mom's sister. When my parents got upset my aunt and some other relatives tried to convince my cousin's future wife to change the wedding venue. My cousin basically told them to leave her alone and shove it and said he isn't having 2 90+ year olds being taken on an uncomfortable car trip that would be at least 2 hours away. Those venues close to the state border that my mom and aunt and relatives suggested also booked up and my cousin would have to push his wedding back by a lot. He said the wedding is happening at the original venue which is in the other state and 10 minutes away from the nursing home.
I'm an usher in the wedding and my mom and aunt are a bit mad I won't try to convince my cousin to move the venue. My brother can't be an usher because of this. My dad also agrees even though he isn't as vocal as my mom is. Personally I don't think it is any of my business. The last time my mom and aunt asked me to talk to my cousin on behalf of my brother I said he is an adult who can do it himself and he has no one to blame but himself because all her the legal issues are his own fault and no one else's. My mom said the legal problems ruined his life and I said he did it himself. Now my parents, brother, aunt and various other relatives are PO'd at me for saying my brother ruined his own life and caused his own problems because they all got told what I said.
Am I the rear end in a top hat for saying my brother ruined his own life and it's no one else's problem but his?

(Since I know people will ask what he did: His girlfriend was in car accident. He went to the scene and pretended to be a random pedestrian who saw everything from the sidewalk to the cops and the insurance company. He lied about the other driver causing the accident even though his girlfriend did. The other driver and another car who wasn't involved both had dash cameras that contradicted what he said and showed he wasn't even on the sidewalk. He also forgot the car was registered to both of them so the insurance company and the cops figured out he wasn't a random witness. There was a criminal court case and a lawsuit he had to go through and another court case for breaking the terms of his probation from the first case. He is still dealing with the fallout and will be for many years. It's not relevant to my question but I know people will be curious)

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I make model airplanes and this is destroying my brain

Uncle Enzo posted:

She had already made Enola Gay, why would she want Bockscar? They're the same plane!!

:lmao:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Splicer posted:

now this, this is some psycho poo poo

e: on the part of the boyfriend. also I want to take this opportunity to plug octopi in general because they're rad as gently caress

kalel fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 19, 2021

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Here's one of the GOATs for a "what are you not telling us?" twist

Verdict vs. Judgment

quote:

I had a landlord-tenant case filed against me.

The magistrate did me a favor by siding with the landlord as I was officially evicted then and could file a claim for wrongful eviction. I appealed the magistrate decision and when you do that they have to file a new complaint. I needed a new complaint filed as the landlords manager filed the magistrate complaint without filing an authorization by the company.

When I appealed the companies lawyer filed the new complaint. I wrote a notice and demand to withdraw their complaint or I would file a motion for sanctions as the complaint was frivolous. I also filed a counterclaim for wrongful use of civil proceedings. They withdrew their complaint but without prejudice.

I filed a motion to strike as they didn’t file an agreement from me saying they could withdraw. My motion was denied. I filed a motion for judgment which was denied. I then had my charge against them dismissed as they claimed the previous proceedings (magistrate) was found in their favor and one of the requirements for wrongful use of civil proceedings was previous proceeding had to terminate in my favor. The judge then entered a verdict giving possession to them (I already moved out) in their case against me.

I filed a post sentence motion asking for judgment in my favor but it wasn’t ruled on. I then filed an appeal but it was dismissed because they said I didn’t give them the paperwork the court should have forwarded to them. I was ordered to pay court costs at the magistrate and can’t get my money back until I get a judgment in my favor.

My question is this: is a verdict and judgment the same thing? There’s a rule saying I can file for judgment myself if the court refuses to but I tried filing one and they won’t file it saying judgment has already been entered.

quote:

I lived in a college area with tons of young girls. I was walking up my street one day and this girl was walking ahead of me. There’s stairs leading up to our apartment building and at the top you have to turn and walk to the right. When she got to the top and turned she seen me following her and she sexually teased me with her behind. I stopped to get my mail then went inside and walked up the stairs. On the second floor I saw which door she went in. I live on the 4th floor. So later that night I wrote a poem with was kinda sexual and placed it outside her door. I though she was a college student. Turns out she was 17 and lived with her grandmother. Her grandmother found the poem and complained to the landlord. Landlord checked the writing with the leases and figured out it was my handwriting and sent me an eviction notice saying I committed illegal activity. It’s legal to have sex with a 16 year old in Pennsylvania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Oh yeah the brother 100% hosed themselves in the rear end on this one and it's mind-boggling OP's family wants to make it everyone else's problem. That's the thing with consequences-- they force you to make sacrifices you wouldn't have otherwise made.