Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I still crack up from one post that was basically like:

I fight the bad guys
I web them up
I throw them from the roof
I watch them fall
I’m Spider-Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Captain Magic posted:

I still crack up from one post that was basically like:

I fight the bad guys
I web them up
I throw them from the roof
I watch them fall
I’m Spider-Man

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

i actually just did a fight to see how many guys I could yeet off the roof of the highrise we were on

i got up to 13 but it would have been 15 if i didn't web two of them to beams by accident

hitting someone with an impact web and watching them blow 20 feet backwards before plummeting and getting the "enemy down" sound affect three seconds later is hilarious

bye miss laura

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

drat it I just criticized Vince for having the sense of human of a mean-spirited 12 year old. But here I am laughing my rear end off at this.
Also it's fine: the webbing is super thick and soft. They're fine. Probably. Man I don't know I'm not a Spider-Man. Another favorite was when you stick them to the wall of the top floor of a highrise.
"The police will get them down"
First off: "Hell No". Second: "Even if we wanted to, how?"

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 19, 2021

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

ChrisBTY posted:

drat it I just criticized Vince for having the sense of human of a mean-spirited 12 year old. But here I am laughing my rear end off at this.
Also it's fine: the webbing is super thick and soft. They're fine. Probably. Man I don't know I'm not a Spider-Man. Another favorite was when you stick them to the wall of the top floor of a highrise.
"The police will get them down"
First off: "Hell No". Second: "Even if we wanted to, how?"

Also it's canon that Spidey's webs only last an hour before they dissolve. So if those bad guys who are webbed to a skyscraper don't get brought in before 60 minutes, they're plummeting to their deaths.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/rhvF2_JkDhQ

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Watching Black Widow.

Man this movie is real crap.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

When I was very small, I saw bits and pieces of horror movies like you would do, and one of them was Child’s Play. I was terrified of Chucky and became convinced he would be hiding in my bathroom cabinets the day I didn’t look for him. We had a little laundry cabinet with a chute that I was especially sure he would be in.

To this day, as a grown rear end adult with my own (well, mostly the bank’s) house, I still look around when I go to piss in the middle of the night.

This is a “Chuck Check.”

Am I just completely idiosyncratically anxious or do you guys have your own Chuck Check variations?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Captain Magic posted:

When I was very small, I saw bits and pieces of horror movies like you would do, and one of them was Child’s Play. I was terrified of Chucky and became convinced he would be hiding in my bathroom cabinets the day I didn’t look for him. We had a little laundry cabinet with a chute that I was especially sure he would be in.

To this day, as a grown rear end adult with my own (well, mostly the bank’s) house, I still look around when I go to piss in the middle of the night.

This is a “Chuck Check.”

Am I just completely idiosyncratically anxious or do you guys have your own Chuck Check variations?

When I’m going to the bathroom at night sometimes I have a little burst of speed in case there’s a ghoulie after me

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Captain Magic posted:

This is a “Chuck Check.”

one time when I was a kid there was a scorpion in the boot I was putting on. I got stung on my big toe and it swelled up huge and I got spooked cause my dickhead father told me it might go gangrene. ever since then I shake out shoes before I put them on. I haven't lived in the same ecosystem as scorpions for like 15 years now lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Captain Magic posted:

Watching Black Widow.

Man this movie is real crap.

I watched it with a big group of people of all ages and every one of them hated it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Captain Magic posted:

This is a “Chuck Check.”

When I was a kid I happened to walk through the living room when someone was watching Full Metal Jacket, right at the Private Pile shoots himself scene.

Was the coolest thing I'd ever seen and was mad my mum wouldn't let me watch the rest of it so I just kept making up reasons to go through the living room to the kitchen. Scene at the end with the sniper was a mite uncomfortable

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Captain Magic posted:

I'm sure if I still lived in a place with a stairwell with an open section beneath the steps that I would still bound up them several steps at a time just to make sure the horror monster surely lurking in the dark beneath them wouldn't be able to grab my foot and haul me under :sweatdrop:

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I watched it with a big group of people of all ages and every one of them hated it.

I've been thinking about it for a while and it's probably the worst Marvel movie. The intro is great and then the ridiculous action and goofy creative decisions totally betray the cool tone that opening scene set, making the whole movie feel awkward and stilted. Natasha needed something like a Bourne movie.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Black Widow left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth but Shang Chi made up for it, I thought that was a lot of fun.

But yes it should have been a cool spy movie.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

El Generico posted:

I've been thinking about it for a while and it's probably the worst Marvel movie.

It’s really bad. Stinks of contractual obligation.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
To quote my wife - "that wasn't Natasha."

To quote me - - "that wasn't Taskmaster. Or Red Guardian."

To quote both of us - "that wasn't fun."

Shang-Chi and No Way Home were both fun. Black Widow wasn't.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

When I was a kid I had one of those risen bed frames with drawers underneath so there was a little cavity under my bed and if you put your hand between the wall you could feel the gap. I was convinced that just out of reach was like the Crypt Keeper and now no arm or leg can ever be off the confines of a bed. I also used to run upstairs to turn on the stairs light, run back downstairs to turn off the downstairs light and then run back upstairs just so no monsters would get me for walking up the stairs in the dark.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Eternals was really bleh for me too, and Kirby space stuff is my favorite. Even with all the talent (Dylan Tichenor edited it!) it just felt so bland and empty.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Introducing 10 characters at once is rarely a good idea.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Listening to a metal mix on spotify and laughed out loud when St Anger popped up. God that snare is loving awful.

"It sounds natural to my ear!" lol gently caress off Lars no it didnt.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's so fuckin' bad

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Thank you all for sharing your Chuck Checks. Pretty cool that I am not alone in the world of fear.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Critical posted:

Listening to a metal mix on spotify and laughed out loud when St Anger popped up. God that snare is loving awful.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Jesus haploid christ why is it looking at me

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Critical posted:

Jesus haploid christ why is it looking at me

It knows what you’ve done

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What did I ever do to you to be cursed with this?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lol

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Shard posted:

What did I ever do to you to be cursed with this?

you said cash had a bad haircut. suffer.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

you said cash had a bad haircut. suffer.

His hair is as lovely as that toilet bowl

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Toilets with threatening auras

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I am very excited for Robert Eggers' The Northman.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the sith toilet

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

neoaxd posted:

I am very excited for Robert Eggers' The Northman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMSdFM12hOw

I'm looking forward to see how weird this movie gets after The VVitch and The Lighthouse.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I love Miami but my weak midwestern flesh does not. I look like Round 3 Mark Coleman rn

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Critical posted:

St Anger is bad but in an interesting way. Anytime I listen to it I spend the whole time wondering "why did they do this?", knowing I will never get the answer. Where as the Metallica albums released after it are just boring as hell.

What I'm saying is St Anger is art

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fran tic tic tic tic tic tock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
MY LIFESTYLE
DETERMINES MY DEATHSTYLE