Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Anyone with thoughts on It Takes Two or A Way Out? It Takes Two's vibe might appeal to my friend more but it's like 10 hours and A Way Out is like 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I played A Way Out with a friend which was fun because co-op is fun, but I didn't actually think the game or writing was that good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

My wife quit it takes 2 after 30 mins cause she said it was dumb and i never got to play it.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

A Way Out is a really neat co-op experience. I couldn't take the story seriously at all but it works as something ridiculous.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is the clip trim function broken for anyone else? I've tried to trim a few Halo Infinite clips and gotten an error every time.

I was recording 30 second clips at 4K HDR so I turned that down to 1080p SDR to see if that makes any difference.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
System reboot should fix it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

American McGay posted:

System reboot should fix it.
Yep, it works now! Thanks! I had tried powering the system off completely but I guess it needed a restart instead.

e: Wait, it worked once but now I'm getting an error trying to trim a different clip :wtf:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Dec 19, 2021

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Roman posted:

Anyone with thoughts on It Takes Two or A Way Out? It Takes Two's vibe might appeal to my friend more but it's like 10 hours and A Way Out is like 5.

It takes two is fantastic and the wife and I are having a fantastic time with it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

downloaded Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth and I have no context for Record of Lodoss war but I'm liking it. It's like SOTN with some cool wrinkles.

plus it's freeeeeee

Barudak
May 7, 2007

AndrewP posted:

downloaded Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth and I have no context for Record of Lodoss war but I'm liking it. It's like SOTN with some cool wrinkles.

plus it's freeeeeee

It is in theory massive tremendous spoilers for Record of Lodoss War but like you'll have no clue thats the case until you watch any of that media.

Its quite good, even if there are multiple achievements were part of unlocking them requires you to jump on the floor in one room 50 times

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
It's weird I've never seen Record of the Lodoss war. Anime and DnD are two of my favorite things.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Barudak posted:

Its quite good, even if there are multiple achievements were part of unlocking them requires you to jump on the floor in one room 50 times

didn't get those but very quickly got the one that involves getting cleaned out in that rudimentary craps game

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

hatty posted:

Yeah it’s an option on the game page iirc. I bought someone the XBONE version of Cyberpunk(rip) last year that way

:stonk:

How could you inflict such pain on someone

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Lammasu posted:

It's weird I've never seen Record of the Lodoss war. Anime and DnD are two of my favorite things.

I love the look and atmosphere of that show.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

RBA Starblade posted:

Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix demo is. You have to see it for yourself.

:discourse:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

AndrewP posted:

didn't get those but very quickly got the one that involves getting cleaned out in that rudimentary craps game

Im making it sound worse than it is; its one secret room which also has a weapon in it, so one time jumping 50 times needed to finish two different achievements.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Should I buy an elite series 2 controller (they’re better than series 1 right?), or is the elite series 3 controller coming soon.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Crafty posted:

Should I buy an elite series 2 controller (they’re better than series 1 right?), or is the elite series 3 controller coming soon.

Anecdotally my Elite 2 is kind of a piece of poo poo. I have RMA'd it twice and now the third one I have is also falling apart in the same ways:

-The trigger throw adjuster nubs always fall of
-RB gets finicky with responding to button presses
-The rumble is all out of whack, like a motor gets loose or something and feels awful. I have mostly turned rumble off as a result. In comparison my regular Series controllers' rumble feels fine

The only reason I still use the Elite controller is I like the short trigger throw and back paddles for Destiny 2. Literally any other game I prefer to use my regular Series controller.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I still haven't plunked down for an Elite Controller because I just know a version 3 is in the works.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Gunk is a pretty okay game, it's chill

Another perfect game pass game lol

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I bought an Elite 2 and I like it. It lets me jump while moving in Halo, basically the reason I bought it. No problems yet but I’ve heard horror stories.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

The Gunk is a pretty okay game, it's chill

Another perfect game pass game lol

I just finished it this morning. I liked it. It's breezy.

I thought the final boss was a lot of fun, too. It was a good way to wrap up the game.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The paddle design on my Scuf feels a lot sturdier and less obtrusive than my elite I controller. I don’t find myself hitting it accidentally like I did with the elite. I’d say it’s probably worth considering over the Elite II. Plus it has the capture button on it.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
It Takes Two is hilarious and fun to play with your spouse.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
The Elite 2 is a piece of poo poo. I owned three and immediately returned three. Each one has the same defect.

The A button doesn’t actually register until past the point of actuation/collapse.

I could reliably bounce the A button up and down on the button test screen and never have it register a press. You have to mash it into the membrane past the point the button collapses for it to register.

I tried to replicate this light tapping not register on the standard Series controller and it was at least five times more reliable in registering light button presses.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fool me once…

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Yeah I think I ordered two from Microsoft and mailed them both back. Then went to get one from Best Buy and returned it the next day.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I actually replayed the first level of the Paw Patrol game to get all the pup treats. less than 18 percent of people did that.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lammasu posted:

I actually replayed the first level of the Paw Patrol game to get all the pup treats. less than 18 percent of people did that.

Good job

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
My 4 year old thought Paw Patrol was boring, so we played Mario instead.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm in Chapter 6 of The Gunk now and still enjoying it. The MC's friend is a whiny, annoying person though and it's starting to grate. All she does is whine over the radio.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bardeh posted:

I'm in Chapter 6 of The Gunk now and still enjoying it. The MC's friend is a whiny, annoying person though and it's starting to grate. All she does is whine over the radio.

the dialogue is soooo bad. I hate it, it feels so overwritten and forced.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I played Archvale via GamePass over the weekend and it is an extremely fun game. Very simple stuff, killing mobs to get gold/loot to get better items to kill more mobs, but the loop was fun enough that I never got bored over the 7-10 hours it took to finish. It sort of plays like a twin stick shooter I guess? Lots of different enemies/weapons/environments too.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Why do all the colored Xbox controllers have a white backing? It looks awful. Sticking to black and white, I guess.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
It's only $10 extra for a custom one so I guess that's what I'll do if ever want another one.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

EC posted:

I played Archvale via GamePass over the weekend and it is an extremely fun game. Very simple stuff, killing mobs to get gold/loot to get better items to kill more mobs, but the loop was fun enough that I never got bored over the 7-10 hours it took to finish. It sort of plays like a twin stick shooter I guess? Lots of different enemies/weapons/environments too.

I gave the game a try based on this recommendation and it owns. :cool:

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Bardeh posted:

I gave the game a try based on this recommendation and it owns. :cool:

It's easy to miss but pay attention to special weapon crafts that require other weapons. There's a bunch of stuff that seems OP as heck and it makes it fun as hell.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I'm reasonably happy with my elite series 2 controller but they aren't any more robust than regular controllers. I got mine for "free" with rewards points on my Credit card so I dunno if buying one would make me less happy about it. Probably.

The features are nice if you want them. The internal battery is a beast and with headphones connected to my controller I get 25hrs+ off a charge.

I pulled mine apart and gave it a bit of a gentle cleaning and it resolved my issues with the paddles feeling mushy/unresponsive.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Thom12255 posted:

It Takes Two is hilarious and fun to play with your spouse.

It really is.

It’s quite charming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Barudak posted:

It is in theory massive tremendous spoilers for Record of Lodoss War but like you'll have no clue thats the case until you watch any of that media.

Just the ova or does it pull from the series?