Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Brute Squad posted:

Remember that anti-vax, anti-mask, Washington State Senator that went to El Salvador and caught COVID? He finally got back into country and went to Florida for treatment. Then nobody heard from him for 2-3 weeks. And well, FAFO.

Washington Senator Doug Ericksen dies at 52
https://www.khq.com/news/washington-senator-doug-erickson-dies-at-52/article_6c268054-605e-11ec-9ed5-67a7cd489fe4.html

quote:

He was later taken to a hospital in Florida where he had been recovering.

Well he recovered all right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Jimmy Pesto Sr status: fired/banned.

Angry yelling from the burger place across the street: 'HE KNOWS WHAT HE DID'

https://movieweb.com/bobs-burgers-jimmy-presto-fired/

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Icon Of Sin posted:

It is absolutely ironic that a guy who plays an absolute irritating rear end in a top hat is, in fact, an irritating rear end in a top hat.

Get hosed, Jimmy Pesto.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 19, 2021

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

pmchem posted:

those biden gas price takes are bad takes. in reality biden policy has done little to affect oil and gas. it’s shale drillers trying to avoid their overproduction mistakes from a decade ago:

https://twitter.com/robert__gibbons/status/1470761966176292875

I'm sure fossil fuel companies would never try to make a buck and influence public opinion at the same time

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm sure fossil fuel companies would never try to make a buck and influence public opinion at the same time

I mean this also aligns with the increasing prices at the grocery store: Its not so much inflation as companies wanting to maximize their profits. Its hosed.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
People want the good oil jobs but also they want cheap gas.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

I mean this also aligns with the increasing prices at the grocery store: Its not so much inflation as companies wanting to maximize their profits. Its hosed.
It's almost as if share price is the real product made by public companies, and any actual consumer products are a byproduct.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
If you ever feel tempted to deface something with cheap stickers, go for ones like the "Actual size!" ones or other actually funny jokes.

CommieGIR posted:

:capitalism:

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Zamujasa posted:

If you ever feel tempted to deface something with cheap stickers, go for ones like the "Actual size!" ones or other actually funny jokes.

:capitalism:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SB2R2HP/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_3QFMF62TZQRQ8R3W1910

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It's the brainless hatred which fuels the right in this country that irritates me. Caveman-level thought processes, 'Ook'-ing and grunting like a chimpanzee screeching angrily at the other guy but pretending because they used a word or two like 'gas prices' that they have a point.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Be gay, do crime, deface gas pumps to build bonds with fellow Biden haters.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bird food bathtub posted:

It's the brainless hatred which fuels the right in this country that irritates me. Caveman-level thought processes, 'Ook'-ing and grunting like a chimpanzee screeching angrily at the other guy but pretending because they used a word or two like 'gas prices' that they have a point.

It's like the entirety of their identity too. These people don't have hobbies, don't have interests. It's blind rage morning, noon and night. Not sure I want to delve into what you could generously call dreams either.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Icon Of Sin posted:

It’s a shame since Jay Johnston was funny and in so much poo poo, like Mr. Show. I mean he played one of the gay guys in Trevor Moore’s music video for gays got married, so will never stop just being weird in and of itself. I mean he worked on the Sarah Silverman show for god sake. But hey he hosed up of his own free will, it’s just still weird considering the people he was around for so long.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Well now Jimmy Pesto can go find a restaurant job to support himself.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/19/health/omicron-vaccines-efficacy.html

Well looks like it’s going to be a very very poo poo winter unless you have Pfizer or Modernia.

This is going to keep getting worse. I’m going to stocking up shopping today. No, I don’t think everything is going Mad Max, I don’t expect it to get bad like early days bad. Honestly if my kids finish the school year still attending school, I’ll be pleasantly surprised. Of course our school district will be having a meeting on whether to continue masking in a few days that I’ll be attending, I do think they’re going to keep it though because of Omicron, but I wouldn’t have said that a few weeks ago

https://youtu.be/YZuMe5RvxPQ

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Surprise! Build Back Better is probably completely dead now thanks to everyone’s favorite Joe Manchin!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/19/politics/joe-manchin-build-back-better/index.html

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Surprise! Build Back Better is probably completely dead now thanks to everyone’s favorite Joe Manchin!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/19/politics/joe-manchin-build-back-better/index.html

Hey his great ancestors worked really really hard…to be able to own other Americans. How can you let Biden destroy this proud southern heritage of a cousin fucker?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Remember when one of the arguments against bernie was he wouldn't be able to manage congress

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Surprised he didn't announce it from his yacht.

Hope he gets long covid.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I hope a coal mine falls on Manchin's head.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
It'll be funny if Democrats like Fetterman pick up Senate seats based on an "I will neutralize Manchin" message while the House flips.

But anyways, Congress is completely out of town until the new year so ain't poo poo happening for two weeks anyways. Don't let that fuckhead ruin your week/end and there's signs that Manchin is just Manchining and apparently gave Biden a $1.8T plan a few days ago.

More South Africa numbers:

https://twitter.com/thehowie/status/1472563923010428929?t=zfLt80AI4efI2b8PLlsCDg&s=19

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Honest question re: COVID. If you are up to date on shots, with a booster, and have recently had COVID, what does your risk look like? Can you get it again within a few weeks or does anybody really know yet?
My kids district is looking at getting rid of mask mandates after the break and my 8 year old already brought it home once, so I wouldn't be surprised if the kids were potentially a conduit again.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
But, like, what if these scientists are just putting out analyses that feed more bodies into the gears of capitalism?? Makes u think... I bet this dude's boss pulled him into a dark room and said, "Downplay the omicron variant to pack the airports!!" and this guy jumped up and said "yes, sir!"

puppets on strings man, were all puppets in strings

To be clear, please don't travel for the holidays this year and limit unnecessary exposure because this is all going to kill a lot of people. Indulging in conspiratorial thinking about how omicron is being taken about thus far, though, doesn't help anyone.

Cugel the Clever fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 19, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I really wish they'd stop calling Omicron "milder."

It's spurring a lot of exceptionally stupid decisions by people, and even in my rather "blue" area I'm hearing/seeing way too many people taking the "just gotta live with it" and "GOTTA LIVE MY LIFE."

"Oh, the Mojave Rattlesnake that I've been daring to bite me has been replaced by a Copperhead! That's an acceptable level of risk to me!" :downs:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

bengy81 posted:

Honest question re: COVID. If you are up to date on shots, with a booster, and have recently had COVID, what does your risk look like? Can you get it again within a few weeks or does anybody really know yet?
My kids district is looking at getting rid of mask mandates after the break and my 8 year old already brought it home once, so I wouldn't be surprised if the kids were potentially a conduit again.

It's nearly impossible to get good data about "natural immunity" because of the political bullshit, but it's probably 3-8 month immunity against reinfection, with lots of caveats.

The early-developing rule of thumb is that Omicron's evasiveness basically knocks out the effectiveness of a "dose", whether that's a vaccine dose or an infection case. So if you've had three doses and a case, you're likely the Omicron-equivalent of having three doses against Delta, which is/was considered really loving good. And for the kid - keep on going with the COVID-vaccines regardless of the school's dumb poo poo about masks.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 19, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I really wish they'd stop calling Omicron "milder."

It's spurring a lot of exceptionally stupid decisions by people, and even in my rather "blue" area I'm hearing/seeing way too many people taking the "just gotta live with it" and "GOTTA LIVE MY LIFE."

"Oh, the Mojave Rattlesnake that I've been daring to bite me has been replaced by a Copperhead! That's an acceptable level of risk to me!" :downs:

Yeah, its definitely encouraging idiot behavior. Honestly I think I’m going with bunker mentality for the next month or two. Like I don’t mean crazy prepper stuff, just kind of self lockdown as much as possible. I wish I could just have my kids get a booster now to bring them up to 3 doses.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Yeah, its definitely encouraging idiot behavior. Honestly I think I’m going with bunker mentality for the next month or two. Like I don’t mean crazy prepper stuff, just kind of self lockdown as much as possible. I wish I could just have my kids get a booster now to bring them up to 3 doses.

Fuckin same. Nobody is gonna tell us to go back to the bunker so you just got to decide when to shelter. Baby is missing out on Baby Library Song time till March. I do regret being summoned for Christmas, so I just gotta cut the things I can cut.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

quote:

But researchers warn that it is still too early to make definitive pronouncements about Omicron’s relative threat, because the outbreak’s epicenter is in one of the most heavily vaccinated parts of the country. Moreover, the majority of the population there has antibodies indicating recovery from a prior infection, which confers its own protection.

From here:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/12/17/world/south-africa-omicron-hospitalizations.amp.html

So far, I haven't seen anything with hard data saying that Omicron is milder. I linked that study yesterday where they say it doesn't seem more virulent than Delta, but that's not the same thing.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You're all welcome to come build isolated desert cabins with me out here in the valley. Just, you know, at least a 5 acre parcel away.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

You're all welcome to come build isolated desert cabins with me out here in the valley. Just, you know, at least a 5 acre parcel away.

I'm keen. I will breed an army of white wolves to pull my chariot.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Boot him out of the loving party. Sick of this big tent bullshit.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I’m more of a mountain forest guy, you know Pacific Northwest, Wyoming, Montana, or places were Sasquatch would chill if he was real.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

He gets paid whether he's in the majority or minority, and if he loses his seat he can go on to make a pile as a coal lobbyist. There is literally no downside for him.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stultus Maximus posted:

He gets paid whether he's in the majority or minority, and if he loses his seat he can go on to make a pile as a coal lobbyist. There is literally no downside for him.
Yep, and because it’s West Virginia if something ever physically happens to him, you just get a Republican replacement, either by the voters or the governor.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Marshal Prolapse posted:

I’m more of a mountain forest guy, you know Pacific Northwest, Wyoming, Montana, or places were Sasquatch would chill if he was real.

I am too, there are forests on each side of the valley. The mountain lions and bears a less of a concern down here. Also flat valley land is like, $1k/acre compared to around $10k/acre up in the trees. If I need trees to cut up, the rio grande national forest will let me chop down recent dead or haul off deadfall for $0.50 a tree (minimum permit is $20 but you don't have to cut down all 40).

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Marshal Prolapse posted:

:hmmyes:

Friend of mine called my wife and I to let us know he got COVID again. He had J&J initially and got a Moderna booster. He says it’s much less severe this time around than it was when he first got COVID a year ago.

:sigh:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Marshal Prolapse posted:

places were Sasquatch would chill if he was real.

Ban this sick filth

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

facialimpediment posted:

It'll be funny if Democrats like Fetterman pick up Senate seats based on an "I will neutralize Manchin" message while the House flips.

That'd be one of the least bad results, honestly, what with the Senate being the ones who confirm judges.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Hell yes. I want to live juuuuuust close enough to civilization that I don't need satellite for internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

:hmmyes:

Friend of mine called my wife and I to let us know he got COVID again. He had J&J initially and got a Moderna booster. He says it’s much less severe this time around than it was when he first got COVID a year ago.

:sigh:

Yikes this is my combo of shots without the prior infections. Hope he pulls through.