Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
pi rat eat 40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Mooseontheloose posted:

Isn't the first thing they teach you about investing is to beware big APY%? Like, an investment that claims that is clearly a scam.
Depends on which “they” happens to teach you first and what if anything they have to sell you

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

BrianRx posted:

A friend keeps sending me pictures of this interest rate he's getting on his "investment". It's some kind of peer to peer lending platform. I'm not going to run the numbers, but I'm pretty sure they're promising to payout a number closer to the amount of steps to the moon than the amount of currency in circulation. Looks quite a bit like a pyramid scheme desperately trying to attract new investors to pay out the older ones.

edit: even ignoring the APY and looking at the 5 day return, they're projecting more than doubling your investment every week. To compare, when 50% of Albania's GDP was "value" derived from projected gains in investments in widespread pyramid schemes, the big players were offering to double investments in three weeks. The whole thing collapsed before those payments were due.

This is actually legit fyi

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

So is it just a postcard they’ll only print once or is it for some reason ALSO an NFT?

It's a NFT containing a link to print a postcard that's been created at an online postcard printing service. except the link can only be used once and expires on Dec 31 whether it's used or not

You can resell it after using the link, even though the link is not refreshed afterward

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
hi thread it's been a while, but i wrote a thing i think you'll like: https://www.wattpad.com/1167804797-bobby-hill-the-crypto-baron-1 it's about crypto, and king of the hill. if you like either, boy howdy. this is right up your alley. it really asks the deep questions, like, what would bobby hill do if we was rich with crypto millions. anyho, stay cool thread have a great summer.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Salt Fish posted:

This is actually legit fyi

lol

I promise 100^10100010010% return. Please give me all your money in unregulated form that has no way to be recovered if lost.

It is actually legit fyi

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

syntaxfunction posted:

lol

I promise 100^10100010010% return. Please give me all your money in unregulated form that has no way to be recovered if lost.

It is actually legit fyi

Bro

its real

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Salt Fish posted:

Bro

its real

Sister, so is mine. Care to point out how their claim and mine are different? I can give you letters to prove I'm right. You aren't allowed to ask methods or sources or accreditation, but you get your references.

I am 100% just as legitimate. Any argument you make against me is applicable against them. In fact, I only use peer to peer referrals rather than a site to improve the validity of my clients, to ensure a guaranteed payout. Can THEY say that? No. No they cannot.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
It's simple. Basically you have a 2 epoch warm-up staking period, and then users get staked for more than 2 rebases. When 2 epochs has elapsed your staked balance can be claimed from the warm up contract and you automatically receive the rebase rewards thereafter.

and thats the way it was
Feb 14, 2011

Salt Fish posted:

It's simple. Basically you have a 2 epoch warm-up staking period, and then users get staked for more than 2 rebases. When 2 epochs has elapsed your staked balance can be claimed from the warm up contract and you automatically receive the rebase rewards thereafter.

:bravo2:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Salt Fish posted:

That's what I do too. It's simple, it works.

Crypto is the currency of the future. I also appreciate the way it only ever appreciates. Even if it dips it's actually appreciating. Libertarianism Bless Crypto :patriot:

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

I thought you were joking, but yeah, those are the same words I heard. I don't know what they mean, but I definitely heard them.

What do they mean?

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Plant MONSTER. posted:

don't get covid and don't do nfts but do some drugs

now that's a thread title

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Yay

https://twitter.com/wealth/status/1469456973636812802

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Silly Thailand, no one spends cryptocurrency.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Come see the Apes wearing Bomber Coats Theme Park.
Only in Thailand.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

BrianRx posted:

I thought you were joking, but yeah, those are the same words I heard. I don't know what they mean, but I definitely heard them.

What do they mean?

It means your kid doesn't really need his insulin money this month.
Imagine being able to give him a gold plated blood monitor, hell you can have a cow wearing a bank robber mask ntf engraved on it!
He will love you more then.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Thailand deciding to lean into it I guess

Bruce probably considering restarting Only One TV rn

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

BrianRx posted:

What do they mean?
It means that some time before that "holding period" is over the creators will cut and run.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I suspect many of them already considered visiting Thailand. As tourists. Of sorts.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

don't get covid and don't do nfts but do some drugs

solid advice tbh, drugs are fun and cool just don’t do too many of them

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Collateral Damage posted:

It means that some time before that "holding period" is over the creators will cut and run.

Yeah, it strikes me that as much as crypto bros like to bang on about math and compute and trust-free decentralized authority etc., the answer to every one of their claims is to just point at the real, physical world. You "own" these cryptocoins? Tough, the exchange closed doors and walked off with them. You "own" this NFT? Tough, someone just right-click copied it or the register closed down. You are "owed" something by a smart contract in a blockchain? Tough, who's going to enforce that for you?

You want to enforce the perfect behaviour in your decentralized blockchain, you going to need good old centralized authority and regulation in the physical world.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Bruce can finally get his bitcoin convention in Pattaya

I'm not glad of it

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

hi thread it's been a while, but i wrote a thing i think you'll like: https://www.wattpad.com/1167804797-bobby-hill-the-crypto-baron-1 it's about crypto, and king of the hill. if you like either, boy howdy. this is right up your alley. it really asks the deep questions, like, what would bobby hill do if we was rich with crypto millions. anyho, stay cool thread have a great summer.

A little strange, but I enjoyed it.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Orvin posted:

A little strange, but I enjoyed it.

well thank y- wait, only a little strange? :(

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

BrianRx posted:

What do they mean?

lol I don't know it's written at the bottom of the picture you posted

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Hammerite posted:

Thailand deciding to lean into it I guess

Bruce probably considering restarting Only One TV rn

Yes, Thailand is already a #1 destination for cryptobros. Wonder why?
:aatrek:

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

DerekSmartymans posted:

A healthy supply of Non Fungable Transvestites?

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

DerekSmartymans posted:

tbh that’s a Musk-level bigoted view of Thailand which I hope people wouldn’t keep on parroting.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
it gets parroted in the crypto thread because the original cryptobro wanted a bitcoin convention there specifically for that reason

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/DCLBlogger/status/1472323380879630338

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Ironclad logic

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I like the reply that subtly admits most NFTs are scams and bad for the environment. But they're still the future so please stop being so hard on them

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Who wouldn't want to have to pay $200 to win in a videogame??? Hello, anyone??!?!?!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

and that's why no one every loses a trade ever.

ALTERNATIVELY: Stone of Jordan based economy.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
“Oh I can’t wait until we introduce resellable items into our game instead of selling the same item a thousand times” -a morons understanding of video game companies

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Apes? Lions? gently caress those guys.

We've moved on to the new hotness: MOTHERFUCKING BOSS BULLS BABY!

https://twitter.com/halfcandid/status/1470892291921518602?s=20

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

What exactly is a road map for an NFT? We generate a bunch of them you fucks buy them and we laugh all the way to the bank? I mean seriously what is the benefit for the consumer at that point?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Zil posted:

What exactly is a road map for an NFT? We generate a bunch of them you fucks buy them and we laugh all the way to the bank? I mean seriously what is the benefit for the consumer at that point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
If you don’t promise some way the NFTs might have more uses in the future, the naked cash grab reality of it all becomes more obvious