Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Tankbuster posted:

I will switch over to AE after DAR gets updated. If it gets updated. I need it for ABR.

Apparently the author is working on it, no idea how long it will take, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

All of Felisky's dll mods like DAR. DAR is essential for all the animation mods that depend on it - combat/movement/random idles/weather behaviors/etc. Felisky showed signs of life recently on their twitter
Minimap
Locational Damage
Display Enemy Level (TDM can cover this instead)
Floating Damage (TDM can cover this instead)

meh has important .NET Framework reliant mods like Grass Control, Actor Limit Fix, Misc. Fixes, IPFV (if you prefer it over Improved Camera) etc

Fudgyduff (Ryan) has a bunch that haven't been updated
I'm Walkin' Here
Glow Be Gone

Maxsu has some .dll mods and is being stubborn about updating to AE

zxlice's stuff like his souls-like potion drinking animation

doticu's stuff

Skyrim Platform dependent mods

Improved Camera. The author posted on reddit a few days ago that an update is on the way, but it won't be for AE

True Directional Movement
Paraglider
More Informative Console
MFG Fix
Armor Rating Redux
Resistances Rescaled
Fuz Ro Do
AddItemMenu
Honed Metal
NPC Inventory Functions

Soks
Apr 1, 2006
lol internet
So, I'm -really- loving my Qwest playthrough other than having to turn music off entirely because of the loving banjo music. :shepicide: Anyone know how to safely excise all that? The info for how was locked away in some deleted discord channel. Long shot, but. :shobon:

My only other complaint is that the enemy scaling has been.... pathetic. I've been playing on Legendary, which was super hard at first because I was going melee only and I was getting one shot by almost every bandit archer in existence despite putting everything into health, and now...! Well I bumped enemy damage up to 6x using Wildcat, my own damage down to 0.25x, and fights are still rarely challenging or fun. This is -while- handicapping myself with no smithing upgrades for armor or weapons, no enchants that increase damage.

Whatever it is that Qwest is using to avoid the enemy health sponge problems in late game has gone waaaay overboard and I'm having trouble identifying what it is so that I can tweak it. Any ideas? Enairim, OBIS (the only challenging enemies), uhhh... a billion other things. What was that handy site for listing off what mods are in a modlist?

I think I need a Proteus compatible mod list next time I play, it's such a neat way of handling the late game balance issues. It also sounds a bit like a nightmare to make compatible with 2348923 other mods, especially with its feature bloat like being able to modify the base values of any item/spell in the game. Who knows, could be very cleverly made to avoid such issues.

Fake Edit: Maybe just using setav to change my skills down lower could be a decent way to try and tweak balance too? The mod uses Experience, so skill ups don't give level ups, hm.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Sorry, that’s load bearing banjo music

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.

Gonkish posted:

For LotD there is specifically an official patch hub that has already been updated for AE. The creation club patches for LotD have not yet been updated (in fact that mod page is currently hidden while it's being worked on), however, since the guy who does that (Jelidity) is super loving busy updating a lot of poo poo all at once.

Other quest mods may or may not have conflicts with specific mods, but 99% of the time if that quest mod isn't super SKSE dependent than it should just work out of the box. When we're talking modpocalypses it's mostly the SKSE-type scripting that's the concern. If a mod just adds new quests/locations, etc. into the game, it likely never had an issue with AE beyond any potential overlap of cell or record edits that might be a concern (for example, the sunder and wraithguard CC touches Sightless Pit, which LotD also touches, and absent the compatibility patch it seriously fucks up that dungeon). Long story short, if a mod doesn't have scripting requirements listed on its page, it should work just fine on AE, but there might be some cases where CC stuff overlaps with something the mod (or another mod) also touches. There's likely compatibility patches.

Specifically for any SKSE dependent stuff, you're going to have to go through and check to see if they've been updated for AE. Most of them have been, but not all.

The AE-pocalypse has mostly passed, though it's not 100% over yet. The big concern was the scripting stuff like SKSE and Address Library and whatnot, but those have all been sorted out. That some mods like DAR aren't working is because the relevant authors haven't yet updated to the AE builds.

Good to know. Is there anything specifically about LotD I should be aware of that doesn't work with it right now?

I'm also trying to find something that hides the creation club backpacks while equipped. Does something like that exist?

EDIT: One other one I'm looking for is something to update the quick "Favorites" menu. To add color back to the selections. With SkyUI I've got coloured potions and spell icons, but when I look at them in the favorites menu they're all grey. Makes it a bit harder to find what I want at a glance

DarkAvenger211 fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 12, 2021

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Good to know. Is there anything specifically about LotD I should be aware of that doesn't work with it right now?

The biggest one is the one I mentioned with the Wraithguard creation overlapping to some changes LotD made to Sightless Pit, which currently are going to go unrectified thanks to the LotD CC patches being unavailable while the author updates everything, also any other possible CC conflicts there.

quote:

I'm also trying to find something that hides the creation club backpacks while equipped. Does something like that exist?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/59267

quote:

EDIT: One other one I'm looking for is something to update the quick "Favorites" menu. To add color back to the selections. With SkyUI I've got coloured potions and spell icons, but when I look at them in the favorites menu they're all grey. Makes it a bit harder to find what I want at a glance

This is harder. You might just want to look up SkyUI mods on the nexus and peruse to see if you can find something that might fit your needs.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hey, looks like the Dynamic Animation Replacer person updated two of their other mods, so it's got a chance at being updated after all!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
One of these years I'm going to learn to double check after I get all my mods set up and everything working right that I have unclicked the "keep this game updated" box in Steam.

:suicide:

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 13, 2021

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

DarkAvenger211 posted:

How does Cathedralist's ENB compare in terms of performance?

It looks like I can get mostly 50+ FPS most of the time with Re-engaged, but I've also got an ENB lights mod that drops in performance whenever I make a bunch of light effects. Wondering if I should drop that stuff, or if I should try a lower quality Re-engaged setting, or even try a whole other ENB preset.

Been loving around with the ENBs and can confirm that Catherdal Minimalist is much better, performance-wise, than any of the others I've tried. Noticeably so. It also happens to look fantastic, so I'll just stick with that one.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Noclip just released a documentary on Monday about how the creator of the Forgotten City mod converted it into a stand alone game it any of you are interested in watching it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSqHTxgcXiI

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Just a heads up for anyone on AE; the last hotfix for it accidentally corrupted a handful of textures, which meant entering any cell/building/whatever with them caused a CTD. Only a small handful of them were used in Vanilla, but it seems Modders really like using them in Houses/Shops or whatever so a lot of them were causing the crash. Luckily, a temporary fix has already been released;
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/60095?tab=description

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Argh. I don’t know what happened, but somehow Mod Organizer 2 literally forgot my entire mod priority order and deactivated every mod I had installed, so now I have to manually re-sort over 1000 different individual mods. AND weed out like 50 mods I’d deactivated but hadn’t deleted yet from the mix too.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

nine-gear crow posted:

Argh. I don’t know what happened, but somehow Mod Organizer 2 literally forgot my entire mod priority order and deactivated every mod I had installed, so now I have to manually re-sort over 1000 different individual mods. AND weed out like 50 mods I’d deactivated but hadn’t deleted yet from the mix too.

No.

LOOT will obliviously wreck things though.

I mostly use it to see flags + solutions.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

nine-gear crow posted:

Are any of the load order or mod order backups available?

zhar
May 3, 2019

nine-gear crow posted:

yep, happened to me right after i set my basic mods up (after a ram issue where my whole computer crashed with mo opened). unless you have clicked the backup button you'll have to redo it from what i could find. i click the backup button after any changes now.

if i remember right there is a text file with the load order in (literally an ordered list of mod names), if this gets corrupted it gets regenerated when mo is opened next time, so if you have a normal hard drive backup i would think finding that file should work even if you haven't backed up in mod organiser, worth a try anyway.

e: the files are [mo2 folder]\profiles\[profile name] called loadorder.txt and modlist.txt, maybe plugins.txt too

zhar fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 16, 2021

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

nine-gear crow posted:

Any chance one of the paths changed?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ynglaur posted:

Any chance one of the paths changed?

Nope. I legitimately don't know what happened. I started up MO2 while my computer was disconnected from the internet, and for some reason that caused it to throw a fit and disable every mod and then throw all of them out of their priority separator groups and into the "Delete these unused mods eventually, dumbass" category I'd set up at the bottom of list.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

nine-gear crow posted:

Nope. I legitimately don't know what happened. I started up MO2 while my computer was disconnected from the internet, and for some reason that caused it to throw a fit and disable every mod and then throw all of them out of their priority separator groups and into the "Delete these unused mods eventually, dumbass" category I'd set up at the bottom of list.

So maybe Nexus threw a fit with M02's API?

I'm just spitballing.

e: I'm totally backwards on this, M02 doesn't rely on Nexus that way.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Nothing revolutionary, but I finally figured out nifskope and Bodyslide. At least enough to fix the drat leather helmet.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/60261?tab=images

Kinda want to get into blender now.

Midig fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Dec 18, 2021

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Hey is there a mod out there that hides your helmet? I thought this would be something simple but quite a few mods I could find seem to have some strict compatability issues / other requirements that aren't updated yet.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Midig posted:

Nothing revolutionary, but I finally figured out nifskope and Bodyslide. At least enough to fix the drat leather helmet.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/60261?tab=images

Kinda want to get into blender now.

You've done great work here and I hope to use this in the future, that said heads up it says "repshapes" in the description

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

This is excellent - thank you. I am… starting over again. I updated to Windows 11 but managed to botch my stable I install and MO2 setup. It was time for a change anyway!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lordshmee posted:

This is excellent - thank you. I am… starting over again. I updated to Windows 11 but managed to botch my stable I install and MO2 setup. It was time for a change anyway!

I’d also throw the modular version of Holds The City onto that pile as well. It’s got some good smaller settlement expansion options too from the look of it.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

nine-gear crow posted:

I’d also throw the modular version of Holds The City onto that pile as well. It’s got some good smaller settlement expansion options too from the look of it.

It seems like you'd really need to do some figuring out of what it covers and doesn't cover and locational conflicts, and it'll add a LOT of full-on non-ESL-ified ESPs.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Midnight Voyager posted:

It seems like you'd really need to do some figuring out of what it covers and doesn't cover and locational conflicts, and it'll add a LOT of full-on non-ESL-ified ESPs.

Yeah, Holds doesn’t really have all that many compatibility patches for it, I don’t think. That’s why I said grab the modular version and stick to the small/original creation settlements.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, Holds doesn’t really have all that many compatibility patches for it, I don’t think. That’s why I said grab the modular version and stick to the small/original creation settlements.

But that means you have several non-esl-tagged ESPs that don't give a drat about where anything else is, is what I'm saying. One of those small/original ones apparently sits right on top of something from the AE CC stuff. So you gotta figure out where on the map that stuff is and what else happens to be there.

I wish there was more compatibility stuff for it, because some of it seems neat, but that's still a lot of extra ESPs.

(I will not confirm nor deny how close I am to the "we physically will not allow you any more unflagged ESPs" limit)

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 20, 2021

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
Dammit, the 3.00 alpha of DynDOLOD linked to on their website SAYS it’s 3.00, but it is actually 2.9.7, so I can’t LOD grass… Does anyone know where it really is?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lordshmee posted:

Dammit, the 3.00 alpha of DynDOLOD linked to on their website SAYS it’s 3.00, but it is actually 2.9.7, so I can’t LOD grass… Does anyone know where it really is?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32382?tab=files

Is this the one you mean? In Misc files, the one marked 3.00. If not, maybe try that?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

It really feels like Bethesda's updates are spaced out to ensure that they drop a new build RIGHT AFTER mods have gotten updated comfortably. "Oh hey guys, BGS here, just gonna drop another build on ya. LOL."

Not that they've done this since the latest (1.6.342), but drat.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

Midnight Voyager posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32382?tab=files

Is this the one you mean? In Misc files, the one marked 3.00. If not, maybe try that?

I SWEAR I downloaded that file (and the 3.0 resources) from that very link TWICE today and it was the older version. I did it twice to make sure I got the right one. Both times I somehow ended up with the old version. But, because you took the time to point me to it I just tried again, and Lo and Behold: now I have the right version.

I’m sure I screwed it up the first two times I tried it but boy does that piss me off :downsgun:

Anyway - cheers!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lordshmee posted:

I SWEAR I downloaded that file (and the 3.0 resources) from that very link TWICE today and it was the older version. I did it twice to make sure I got the right one. Both times I somehow ended up with the old version. But, because you took the time to point me to it I just tried again, and Lo and Behold: now I have the right version.

I’m sure I screwed it up the first two times I tried it but boy does that piss me off :downsgun:

Anyway - cheers!

Sometimes, all you gotta do is complain/ask for help and it fixes itself, LOL! At least it's working now.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
And very well indeed. Thanks to everyone in this thread for showing me good mods all the time and helping me learn to use them. I highly recommend DynDOLOD to anyone who hasn’t tried it. It really makes the distant terrain look like less than absolute dogshit, which was always the biggest black mark on the otherwise decent graphics for me.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

What’s the good mods you can get on a Series X/S Special Edition game

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lordshmee posted:

And very well indeed. Thanks to everyone in this thread for showing me good mods all the time and helping me learn to use them. I highly recommend DynDOLOD to anyone who hasn’t tried it. It really makes the distant terrain look like less than absolute dogshit, which was always the biggest black mark on the otherwise decent graphics for me.

Be sure to pair it with eFPS and its patch hub. I can't believe how much better the game runs with it installed and DynDOLOD's newly included Occulsion patch as well.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Like skyshards? Hate Arthmoor?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/60748

Well we've got another Arthmoor-replacer mod!

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

How is the Bash Lock perk from SPERG supposed to be used? I don't see any change to the lockpicking menu and just smacking stuff with a hammer doesn't give any feedback.

Truthslayer
Mar 31, 2009

kaschei posted:

How is the Bash Lock perk from SPERG supposed to be used? I don't see any change to the lockpicking menu and just smacking stuff with a hammer doesn't give any feedback.

It's specifically about using the blocking bash from your equipped weapon / shield on the container. That said, the locked indicator won't disappear automatically when successful, so you should look away from the container and back again to see if it went through or if you need to try again.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Base Object Swapper posted:

SKSE utility plugin that allows modders to swap base objects with others, using config files.

With this mod, you could...

assign different models to farmhouses in each region, without worrying about compatibility or patches.
make statics harvestable/lootable, like Dynamic Things Alternative, but without scripts.

and more!

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/60805

Oh poo poo, this is cool. You can make a whole lot of things that would otherwise need deeply fiddly patches with this!

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/60756

Like this!

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Midnight Voyager posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/60805

Oh poo poo, this is cool. You can make a whole lot of things that would otherwise need deeply fiddly patches with this!

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/60756

Like this!

that's some goddamn wizardry
po3 is such a Skyrim modding treasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Helith posted:

that's some goddamn wizardry
po3 is such a Skyrim modding treasure

Seriously, the poo poo po3 puts out is just loving magic. That's insane. I hope it becomes widely adopted, it could be a godsend for some mods.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 27, 2021