Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Electric Hobo posted:

Great, thanks! Do you know what else is in the patreon this month? All the pictures are locked behind a sub, but I might as well grab a month if there's something fun.

The little dude above, two big scale mechs about the size of a cerastus knight called the Amalia Class Construct, a flyer, a few smaller mechanical dudes, a tentacley techpriest lady and some other stuff like the bases. It’s a big month

Here’s an image of it all https://imgur.com/a/8X45C7S

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Hell yeah, I'll just sub for a month! Thanks again!

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Electric Hobo posted:

Great, thanks! Do you know what else is in the patreon this month? All the pictures are locked behind a sub, but I might as well grab a month if there's something fun.

Can someone who is a patron of theirs please post a message telling them they should view their own patreon page in incognito mode so they can see what the rest of us see who aren't patrons? I really don't understand these patreons that hide their models like some trade secret.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

InternetJunky posted:

Can someone who is a patron of theirs please post a message telling them they should view their own patreon page in incognito mode so they can see what the rest of us see who aren't patrons? I really don't understand these patreons that hide their models like some trade secret.

Yeah, there are so many patreons that look promising but the only image of the minis I can see is their profile background. No idea how many they produce each month, what the themes are, if they're consistent etc.

It's probably a good thing though, otherwise I'd spend twice as much on patreons than I already am.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

w00tmonger posted:

anyone have a good source on arrows etc for adding to undead?

Not sure what you mean by ‘adding to’

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Doctor Zero posted:

Not sure what you mean by ‘adding to’

I want to pepper a bunch of undead wolves with arrows to look they they've been attacked

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

InternetJunky posted:

I assume that they get a ton of complaints like that, but sure, I'll mention it to them.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

w00tmonger posted:

I want to pepper a bunch of undead wolves with arrows to look they they've been attacked

Are these for Silver Bayonet by chance?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

InternetJunky posted:

Hiding from games workshop I imagine.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Yeah, I'd imagine that to be the case as well. Showing off your GW adjacent models is probably just inviting trouble.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I need a rec for some "cheesecake husbandos" to go with Kingdom Death. I have models from RN Estudio but they're mainly female figures. Anyone to look for?

It's hard to find that combination of grotesque, overstyled, and even a bit distasteful.

For comparison, here are some of the (source material) other models I want to "match":

female:

titty girl

male:

pubes guy

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Dec 19, 2021

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

PRADA SLUT posted:

I need a rec for some "cheesecake husbandos" to go with Kingdom Death. I have models from RN Estudio but they're mainly female figures. Anyone to look for?

It's hard to find that combination of grotesque, overstyled, and even a bit distasteful.

Have you checked out Bestarium Miniatures? https://www.patreon.com/BestiarumMiniatures

They are further on the grotesque side of things and not really into that anime styling, but there might be something for you in there (certainly their monsters should fit into a kingdom death setting).

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Class Warcraft posted:

Are these for Silver Bayonet by chance?

No but this sounds amazing. Gothic napoleonics?

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

w00tmonger posted:

No but this sounds amazing. Gothic napoleonics?

Hell yeah dude, it owns.

(Not mine)

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

My flgs is looking to get into Star Wars Legion. Is it feasible to print an entire army?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Sure. Legal? :iiam:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

w00tmonger posted:

I see. Hmmm. You would think this would be easy to find but I guess not. I know there are units like Highlands miniatures that have arrow sticking not undead troops but I’m not seeing just plain arrows. Business opportunity I guess. I’ll see if I can whip some up too. Shouldn’t be hard.

EDIT: Oops - I lied. This unit has arrows that are separate.

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-medieval-archers-unit-highlands-miniatures-142920

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 19, 2021

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I don't play Legion, but I play in a Star Wars TTRPG campaign and I print a ton of characters in Legion scale.

You gotta look a little harder for Star Wars stls since it's a lot harder to hide behind "Prime beef space soldier" like people do for GW stuff but pretty much anything you need for Legion is available. Not as much for free though.

Gumroad is a good place to look, and there's also a 3d printed Legion facebook group where all the regular creators post their stuff.

Off the top of my head, look for Seb Minatures, Black Remnant, Dark Fire Designs and Skullforge studio on patreon or gumroad.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Legion stuff:
https://madox3ddesign.gumroad.com/
https://ravenx.gumroad.com/?sort=newest

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Doctor Zero posted:

I see. Hmmm. You would think this would be easy to find but I guess not. I know there are units like Highlands miniatures that have arrow sticking not undead troops but I’m not seeing just plain arrows. Business opportunity I guess. I’ll see if I can whip some up too. Shouldn’t be hard.

EDIT: Oops - I lied. This unit has arrows that are separate.

Strange you link that when Highlands Miniatures actually has a zombie wolf army that has arrows sticking out of them.

[edit]
https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-direwolves-unit-highlands-miniatures-157463

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I got an arrow in the Weapon megapack.
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/weapon-megapack

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

InternetJunky posted:

Strange you link that when Highlands Miniatures actually has a zombie wolf army that has arrows sticking out of them.

[edit]
https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-direwolves-unit-highlands-miniatures-157463

I was assuming that they already had the wolves. Also those things are a NIGHTMARE to get off the supports without destroying them.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

Verisimilidude posted:

My flgs is looking to get into Star Wars Legion. Is it feasible to print an entire army?

You can and I did. Twice.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Does anyone have a guide to cutting files so that they fit together nicely, either using pegs or some other system?

I've played around with Luban a little bit but wasn't sure if there was better software out there.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Still a good bit of work left to do but I’m really happy how this print has turned out so far. Probably the most detailed think I’ve printed. It’s been a lot of funny to paint too. Makes me want to spend more print time on larger models for sure.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Any suggestions for a brushable primer for FDM prints? I got some FDM printed terrain for christmas and it was suggested I use Rustolium spray primer, but the weather is not conductive to spray right now.
I normally prime my resin minis with Stynilrez but I think I want something heavier that will do a bit of filling for these FDM prints, I was thinking Gesso might work but I'm not sure.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Bucnasti posted:

Any suggestions for a brushable primer for FDM prints? I got some FDM printed terrain for christmas and it was suggested I use Rustolium spray primer, but the weather is not conductive to spray right now.
I normally prime my resin minis with Stynilrez but I think I want something heavier that will do a bit of filling for these FDM prints, I was thinking Gesso might work but I'm not sure.

I was going to say Gesso, yeah. Normally I don't like how it would fill in fine details, but I think it would be perfect for FDM

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

My coworker just bought me an anycubic mono 4k and wash and cure station for Xmas.

What the fick

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

GreenBuckanneer posted:

My coworker just bought me an anycubic mono 4k and wash and cure station for Xmas.

What the fick

I wish I had a Christmas simp :(

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What the fick

Tell your coworker that I also work with you guys, just real far from your offices is all :v:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I wish I had a Christmas simp :(

My gf is slightly annoyed but also excited as well

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

My gf is slightly annoyed but also excited as well

Is your coworker female?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

Is your coworker female?

No.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
What kind of glue do you use on plastic SLA prints? I have some FormLabs Grey that I need to glue. I have super glue, and the Citadel plastic glue. Do either of these work?

One of my prints cracked when pulling it off the base plate and I'd rather just glue it over re-printing. In the future, should I glue before or after I cure, given the choice?

Zorro KingOfEngland
May 7, 2008

I'm fairly certain the citadel plastic glue only works on styrene-based plastics (which resin is not). In any case, I've always used superglue for all my gluing needs.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PRADA SLUT posted:

What kind of glue do you use on plastic SLA prints? I have some FormLabs Grey that I need to glue. I have super glue, and the Citadel plastic glue. Do either of these work?

One of my prints cracked when pulling it off the base plate and I'd rather just glue it over re-printing. In the future, should I glue before or after I cure, given the choice?
Superglue works, but if it's a super clean, smooth break, you should scratch the surface a bit before glueing.

Glue after curing. Curing produces a lot of heat, and that can mess up the glue. It'll also limit how much you have to handle uncured resin.
If you're just glueing a printed model together, you should take a look at combining the pieces before you print the model.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

In my experience the super glue bond is stronger than the resin itself.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

After hours of software/firmware/z-axis fuckery, I finally printed my first mini: a Loot bartender, his bar, and his sleeping dog. Only two issues popped up: the dog bowl didn't print - the first few layers became stuck to the vat and then nothing printed after that - and there's a flap coming off the bartender's left forearm arm that I didn't notice until taking the photo:

I'm going to chalk that one up to just losing the RNG battle because the bases and bar and dog itself printed fine. Now I pray for sunny weather so I can cure these because my UV lights haven't come in.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Guzwar posted:

After hours of software/firmware/z-axis fuckery, I finally printed my first mini: a Loot bartender, his bar, and his sleeping dog. Only two issues popped up: the dog bowl didn't print - the first few layers became stuck to the vat and then nothing printed after that - and there's a flap coming off the bartender's left forearm arm that I didn't notice until taking the photo:

I'm going to chalk that one up to just losing the RNG battle because the bases and bar and dog itself printed fine. Now I pray for sunny weather so I can cure these because my UV lights haven't come in.
I just replied to your post in the other 3D printing thread. When you get prints being left behind on the FEP but others still print, this is most likely a plate leveling issue. This most often happens during leveling where you put the plate out of level when tightening the screws, so this kind of lines up with your question from that other thread. When you are leveling and you think everything is all set, pull on both sides of the paper. You should feel the same resistance. If one side is looser then your plate is not level and you need to repeat the process.

Also, the arm issue in your image is from a failed support. I don't know how Loot Studios presupports are but I would assume they're on point, which means you need to tinker with your exposure settings most likely. You are probably underexposing a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

InternetJunky posted:

I just replied to your post in the other 3D printing thread. When you get prints being left behind on the FEP but others still print, this is most likely a plate leveling issue. This most often happens during leveling where you put the plate out of level when tightening the screws, so this kind of lines up with your question from that other thread. When you are leveling and you think everything is all set, pull on both sides of the paper. You should feel the same resistance. If one side is looser then your plate is not level and you need to repeat the process.

Also, the arm issue in your image is from a failed support. I don't know how Loot Studios presupports are but I would assume they're on point, which means you need to tinker with your exposure settings most likely. You are probably underexposing a bit.

Cheers, thank you!

Yeah, I used the pre-supported models and figured it'd be good to go as the renders had the supports everywhere. There's a lot of stuff to learn here and the exposure settings (and everything else) seem daunting.

As for the level: I tried again today and the paper keeps sliding no matter how much I press down before tightening the screws. It's standard printer paper, nothing glossy, so either I need to push down way harder (and give myself an anxiety attack that I'll crack the LCD screen) or keep going with the level-it-to-the-vat method. Three more figures are in production now, this is addictive.