Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Lastdancer posted:

- Just realized I didn't reserve a space for a follow-up post after the OP. Whoops! Oh well
Just make a new post for whatever overflows, then make a link in the OP to the new one like "click here for game recommendations" or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Boba Pearl posted:

People were like "The switch will have no games" as if you need more then Smash Ultimate and Breath of the Wild??? and odyssey I gues.

And then they dropped Dread, SMT IV, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter Rise all just like solid 10/10 games.

the switch has no games... because i bought them all

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Replaying Paper Mario just makes me appreciate how much better it is than Thousand Year Door. Truly a masterclass game.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

American McGay posted:

Replaying Paper Mario just makes me appreciate how much better it is than Thousand Year Door. Truly a masterclass game.

:yeah:

Just wrapped it up last night, it's still a masterpiece

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Playing Freedom Planet for the first time. The gameplay is excellent, honestly I think it’s better than any of the Sonics I’ve played, the controls are very solid and so is the level design. I’m also a sucker for the more JRPG-styled music, and the bosses are wayyyy better than even Sonic Mania, that mantis was dope.

But holy poo poo this loving post-level 2 cutscene won’t ever end. It’s like someone took the old SNES Megaman cutscenes and made them take 20x as long. Just let me get back to playing, I don’t care about this overwrought anime nonsense you dropped me into!

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

American McGay posted:

Haven't played it in like 15 years and I'm loving it but I forgot how little the party members do in this. God drat is it super charming though.

I really wish I didn't sell TTYD cause drat that price went up. Come on Nintendo sell that back to us for $10 over the original retail price like you love to do.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

OP is really keeping up such a good first post. It’s genuinely informative. Thanks for all the effort!

Beat PICROSS S1. Bought Sega Picross. I may lose some QoL when I go back to two, but I like pixel art and the music is supposedly good. I know poo poo about Sega though aside from Streets of Rage.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Cicero posted:

Playing Freedom Planet for the first time. The gameplay is excellent, honestly I think it’s better than any of the Sonics I’ve played, the controls are very solid and so is the level design. I’m also a sucker for the more JRPG-styled music, and the bosses are wayyyy better than even Sonic Mania, that mantis was dope.

But holy poo poo this loving post-level 2 cutscene won’t ever end. It’s like someone took the old SNES Megaman cutscenes and made them take 20x as long. Just let me get back to playing, I don’t care about this overwrought anime nonsense you dropped me into!

i think there's a mode when you start the game to remove all the cutscenes. maybe you can switch it on at any time? normally i don't go in for that kind of thing but i did in this game because yeah the cutscenes are interminable and i was not engaged despite my best efforts

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

OP is really keeping up such a good first post. It’s genuinely informative. Thanks for all the effort!

Beat PICROSS S1. Bought Sega Picross. I may lose some QoL when I go back to two, but I like pixel art and the music is supposedly good. I know poo poo about Sega though aside from Streets of Rage.

I rewarded him with a 5 vote. I usually 1 these threads but his :effort: post changed my cold black heart.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

I rewarded him with a 5 vote. I usually 1 these threads but his :effort: post changed my cold black heart.

I always vote threads i like 1, bc theyre number 1!

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
Has anyone used these?
Hori split pad pro
They look nice, but I'm hesitant.

Gooch181 fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 19, 2021

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

gently caress, I wish Pikmin 3 Deluxe was online. I'd love to pik with goons.

Any online gaming groups happening over the holidays? Mario Golf?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gooch181 posted:

Has anyone used these?
Hori split pad pro

They are a million times better than the standard joy cons, they are on my switch 100% of the time

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

gently caress, I wish Pikmin 3 Deluxe was online. I'd love to pik with goons.

Any online gaming groups happening over the holidays? Mario Golf?

Goodness that'd be something. I could get someone to force me to beat it.

I'd be up for something. I can go to sleep late so yeah let me know. Not Golf though, I hate golf (Tennis Aces anyone? Or Tetris?)

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Gooch181 posted:

Has anyone used these?
Hori split pad pro
They don't have gyro, rumble, or Amiibo functionality and they don't have batteries so they need to be connected to the Switch to function. However, they have textured grips, programmable back buttons, turbo, and an excellent D-Pad. They're overall more comfortable to hold than the joycons, especially for long periods of time.

If you're looking for a solution for the joycons' terrible D-Pad they're great, mine haven't left my Switch since I got them. But be aware that they're not going to be able to completely replace joycons. If you're just looking for something with a better grip and don't care about the D-Pad then the Satisfye grip is probably more what you want.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The good thing about the switch is that if you ever need the joy con functionality you can just dig the joycons out of the cupboard and 'switch' em with the split pad pros

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
you can give me a pro post award, if you want

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
I threw a party for myself last night just for having my recommendation mentioned. :confuoot:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Looper posted:

you can give me a pro post award, if you want

ok

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Is there really thread BGM? I only use my iOS app.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Commander Keene posted:

They don't have gyro, rumble, or Amiibo functionality and they don't have batteries so they need to be connected to the Switch to function.
Games are supposed to use the Switch's built-in gyro in handheld mode and those that do work fine with the Split Pad Pro. It's a common mistake that games don't do this, but for example, Quake works correctly.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 22, 2021

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 22, 2021

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Since today is a full moon and I just built my first base in Subnautica, I'm claiming the 50 fun points in the full moon moon pool pool for myself. So proud to have captured the only self-awardable fun points available itt

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
will we have gold fun points and platinum fun points

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

give m e some fun points right now.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

will we have gold fun points and platinum fun points

Yes but by the time there's something worth buying with them they will be expired.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

b_d posted:

give m e some fun points right now.
Ignore the crazy OP and play Paper Mario on your Nintendo Switch right now.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

American McGay posted:

Ignore the crazy OP and play Paper Mario on your Nintendo Switch right now.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

omg

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Congratulations Looper!
----------------------------------------

Important news:
Yoshiro Kimura's new flappy bird kissing game where you kiss ghosts and sharks is currently on :siren:70% discount:siren: in the eshop,
which is a good deal if you like kissing games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A2Kaw-XhfA

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Here op I made this in case you want to give it to someone:

The only caveat I have is that looper can't win it

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The Bloop posted:

Since today is a full moon and I just built my first base in Subnautica, I'm claiming the 50 fun points in the full moon moon pool pool for myself.

Hell of a feeling, isn't it? Unmatched in gaming, at least.

I mean, sure, sex is great and all, but have you built your own functional base in Subnautica? Hmmm?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

NO! YOU PUT THAT BACK

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
there can be no greater honor than what I've already been blessed with 😌

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
I picked up Bloodstained awhile back and finally tried to start it up, and...I can't? After the 505 Games/Inti Creates movie and the CRIWARE/Unreal splash screens, white screen of death. I can still access the Home menu but the game itself is straight-up unplayable, at least while undocked. Anyone else have the same issue?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

does anyone prefer the binboks over the hori?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Captain Walker posted:

I picked up Bloodstained awhile back and finally tried to start it up, and...I can't? After the 505 Games/Inti Creates movie and the CRIWARE/Unreal splash screens, white screen of death. I can still access the Home menu but the game itself is straight-up unplayable, at least while undocked. Anyone else have the same issue?

Maybe try deleting the save data and starting fresh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

If I get breath of the wild as a moving day survival treat, do I need the expansion pass?