Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Why are all their trucks white? Our lorries come in lots of colours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

It's the US constitution. A coloured truck is only worth 3/5ths of a white one.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

happyhippy posted:

https://www.drinkdriving.org/drink_driving_laws.php

Seems to be 'an even more naughty boy'.
Can't prove he was speeding, so those laws don't count.
And the lesser charge is 'be in charge while drunk/drugs' which is just a fine and 10 points max.
This charge gives him upto a year in jail.

But he's Tory, so gently caress all apart from a warning.

This is something that came up this week when I saw Katy Price getting a two year driving disqualification for flipping her car while on drink and drugs and driving while disqualified.

It boggles the mind as in Ireland all driving while intoxicated driving offences carry mandatory disqualification periods (that are doubled if you are convicted again while disqualified. So Ms. Price, as I understand it, would have been looking at minimum six years disqualification for what she did and possibly more.)

Now mandatory driving disqualifications sound great if you are a law and order type, they do result in 99% of all driving cases being contested as most clients will admit that they did it, but they can't afford to loose their licence and so they have to contest the case. So it would likely increase the court backlog if you brought it in.

One judge I appeared in front of was known for giving truly ridiculous punishments. If he took a dislike to your client he would ask how old they were and them tailor the driving bad so it wouldn't end until they were 100.
Often these cases were immediately appealed and lowered on appeal, but more than once I would find a client with a 30 or 40 year driving ban and know instantly who imposed it and what could be done to fix it.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1472598717274505218

e: tweet seems to be deleted. It mentioned that there was going to be an emergency meeting looking at further lockdown restrictions, but Boris wasn't going to be attending.

e2: Discord archived it

e3: https://twitter.com/TheRealPeterWa1/status/1472595591331037188

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 19, 2021

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
He'll be dodging crockery in the flat above number 10.
Private Eye has been doing its nudge-wink thing about a certain blond haired politician and a violinist for well over 2 years, but since his relationship began with the mother of his latest two children.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

fuctifino posted:

e: tweet seems to be deleted. It mentioned that there was going to be an emergency meeting looking at further lockdown restrictions, but Boris wasn't going to be attending.
this year’s quiz won’t write itself

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I wonder whether it was deleted in relation to this? Maybe whatever it is is so astounding that everyone has to get told at the same time.

https://twitter.com/andrewducker/status/1472594755498430466?s=20

I don't think it will be Brenda-related because the tv would have switched to sad music and black outlines round the screen. Mind you it might have because I'm watching Ancient X-files which wouldn't be affected. (Ed: which by amazing coincidence is talking about crucifixion nails!)

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Dec 19, 2021

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Dunno, maybe it's intentional trailer colour code to make them stand out or maybe because truck companies or truckers want to avoid repercussions from cargo clients, like Coca Cola company probably doesn't want their logos being displayed at a protest so they have taken unmarked trailers?

Also because

Pablo Bluth posted:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
https://twitter.com/TheDaliMale/status/1472614510783766528

Fame at last!!!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1472598717274505218

e2: Discord archived it

e3: https://twitter.com/TheRealPeterWa1/status/1472595591331037188

He probably had the same gently caress up as Cameron

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Bunged

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I wonder whether it was deleted in relation to this? Maybe whatever it is is so astounding that everyone has to get told at the same time.

I don't think it will be Brenda-related because the tv would have switched to sad music and black outlines round the screen. Mind you it might have because I'm watching Ancient X-files which wouldn't be affected. (Ed: which by amazing coincidence is talking about crucifixion nails!)

I figure it won't be a dead Queen because putting a gov wraparound on that issue would piss off every editor who's spent their career fantasising about that historic front page.

So I'm thinking it's aliens.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Pablo Bluth posted:

:stonklol:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

It'll be something immensely boring and dull, probably a bumper "get vaccinated!" poster.

Nobody announces anything important in the newspapers any more.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

It'll be something immensely boring and dull, probably a bumper "get vaccinated!" poster.

100% this.

Still hoping for aliens though

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Necrothatcher posted:

I figure it won't be a dead Queen because putting a gov wraparound on that issue would piss off every editor who's spent their career fantasising about that historic front page.

So I'm thinking it's aliens.

I'm calling it as 'Boris found dead of blood-loss after being castrated by his wife'. It ties everything together -the leaked mistress video and him missing a COBRA meeting.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It's a thing telling everyone to get boosted

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Boris and the Queen going public with their relationship. Turns out her "new phase" is being really into fuckbois

zhar
May 3, 2019

NotJustANumber99 posted:

My guess is that in the southern us things get hot but least hot if painted white.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Piers Corbyn murdered Boris Johnson and all our problems are solved and we can go back to 2012.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Piers Corbyn murdered Boris Johnson and all our problems are solved and we can go back to 2012.

ahhhhhh, member the lympics?! member that??

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Aren't white toyota trucks the go-to vehicle for armed rebels around the world?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I had one years ago, they're great. Easy to repair too.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

I had one years ago, they're great. Easy to repair too.

"Hello, Prevent? I have a Comrade Guavanaut here."
"Evidence? They had a toyota truck. I think you should investigate."
"Summary execution by firing squad? Yes, I've heard they prefer Marlboroughs"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Did yours have a dushka on the back?

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Aren't white toyota trucks the go-to vehicle for armed rebels around the world?

Rebels and governments alike
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_War

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Liz Truss got Frosties job. :a2m:

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

Just Another Lurker posted:

The pork markets!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

EvilHawk posted:

It'll absolutely be this - scuttlebutt is that the big pop-up centres opened at the weekend (to almost no publicity) have been quiet, because everyone booked at an existing centre last week before the new ones were on the system.

Speaking of, if you *have* got a booking for post-Christmas and live in or near a big city, re-check the site and see if you can rebook at a closer time.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

zhar posted:

My guess is that in the southern us things get hot but least hot if painted white.

Also there's a lot more owner/operators in the US haulage industry (and a more-used freight train system) so you don't get as many branded trailers or ISO containers on the road.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
The most important reason that the trucks are white is that it makes them invisible to Teslas.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The EU are shaking in their boots right now.*

*With tear inducing choking laughter.

Watch her give Wales to the EU and claim its a good deal.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It would be for Wales, certainly.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

quote:

How will the public know the Queen has died?
An announcement will go out first to the global news agency Press Association and the rest of the world’s media simultaneously. As per tradition, a footman in mourning clothes will walk out of Buckingham Palace and pin a black-edged notice to the gates.

https://www.elle.com/uk/life-and-culture/culture/a30044076/what-happens-when-queen-dies/

Just wondering what they would do with the Queen's Speech if she has died (or dies before Xmas day). I understand it gets sent to the colonies weeks in advance unless that's changed since the dawn of the internet?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Also there's a lot more owner/operators in the US haulage industry (and a more-used freight train system) so you don't get as many branded trailers or ISO containers on the road.

Eh, having worked in that industry in the US, the freight train system doesn't stop there being plenty of lorries on the road. Intermodal transportation innit (freight goes lorry->railhead->train->railhead->lorry) - and also there's plenty of point-to-point by lorry too, even long distances. It's a tradeoff, sending stuff intermodal is cheaper but sending stuff point to point is quicker, so you see both.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

https://www.elle.com/uk/life-and-culture/culture/a30044076/what-happens-when-queen-dies/

Just wondering what they would do with the Queen's Speech if she has died (or dies before Xmas day). I understand it gets sent to the colonies weeks in advance unless that's changed since the dawn of the internet?

It's filmed in mid-December and advance copies go out to the press and the Commonwealth about a week before, although there was talk of this lead being shortened considerably because of previous leaks.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Biggus Dickus posted:

The pork cheese markets!

The newspaper wraparound will have pfizer in it and anyone who looks at it will get the nanobots :tinfoil:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://twitter.com/richard_littler/status/1472639871399432192

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

feedmegin posted:

Eh, having worked in that industry in the US, the freight train system doesn't stop there being plenty of lorries on the road. Intermodal transportation innit (freight goes lorry->railhead->train->railhead->lorry) - and also there's plenty of point-to-point by lorry too, even long distances. It's a tradeoff, sending stuff intermodal is cheaper but sending stuff point to point is quicker, so you see both.

That's the point I was trying (very poorly) to make and should probably have expanded on - the much smaller scale means you get a lot less intermodal traffic like that and so proportionally see a lot more ISO containers on the road in the UK (as well as a lot more HGV traffic as a proportion of general road traffic for that matter)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Maybe bozo is going to resign tomorrow morning?

Just landed on the Graun about 15 mins ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/dec/19/boris-johnson-and-staff-pictured-with-wine-in-downing-street-garden-in-may-2020

quote:

Boris Johnson and staff pictured with wine in Downing Street garden in May 2020
Exclusive: photograph raises fresh questions for No 10 after denial of a social event at time of Covid restrictions