Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Shirley Temple of Set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
It is funny that Ghislaine Maxwell drank Maxwell House coffee. I probably would too.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Futanari Damacy posted:

It is funny that Ghislaine Maxwell drank Maxwell House coffee. I probably would too.

everyone their age drank maxwell house or folgers, since those were the only coffee brands

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

starbucks growth phase was a wild time

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Real hurthling! posted:

starbucks growth phase was a wild time

Not just coffee. Everything.

"Whoa, things can have FLAVOR? What is this witchcraft? I'm going to brew my own beer at home!"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

vivid memories of my dad obsessing over trying to find "authentic" ethnic restaurants in like 1994

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

when we got married my grandmother gave us a copy of Betty Crocker's "Cooking for Two" with such gems as "Peas and mushrooms: open one can peas, and one can mushrooms. Drain, heat, serve."

What really made me laugh is that I discovered she gave the exact same book to my parents when they got married, but its print date was one year younger than the one I got like half a century later

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Totally unrelated to anything but a good watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5YpiDzWNgY

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Spergin Morlock posted:

everyone their age drank maxwell house or folgers, since those were the only coffee brands

Yeah but it's not Ghislaine Folgers on trial is it

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Yeah but it's not Ghislaine Folgers on trial is it

Abigail's dead, so

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Spergin Morlock posted:

This is mind-blowing living in the country where Starbucks failed because actual good coffee had been a thing since the Greek and Italian immigration after the war.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

cagliostr0 posted:

This is mind-blowing living in the country where Starbucks failed because actual good coffee had been a thing since the Greek and Italian immigration after the war.

which country

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/booth_okc/status/1472459789422645250?s=20

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Sleekly posted:

its a big part of why smartphones got so big so fast with nary an alternative. u dont have to geotag everyone, and their political leanings, when they we all will do it for them

https://twitter.com/Sega__JEANAsis/status/1472198857639571461?t=B0JWkIs0lsGNXh2dlxxSew&s=19

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
More so than Paddock's motive, I want to know the reason why they won't let us know the motive.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Here's an interesting read:

https://googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2021/12/a-deep-dive-into-nso-zero-click.html

The NSO Group, an Israeli tech firm founded by members of Israel's counterpart to the NSA, that was behind the Pegasus spyware used to track and prosecute journalists and activists, developed a "zero-click exploit", basically a hack that doesn't even need for you to interact with the message in order to trigger it - as long as they have your phone number, they can send you a message, and just the mere act of the phone processing sets the whole thing going.

And the exploit is rather technically intricate as well: it uses a PDF image processing algorithm to essentially create a Turing-complete state machine to run an entire separate virtual computer inside your phone.

That's pretty wild, I thought this was already a thing with viruses in email?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

that's incredibly creepy and unsettling

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Futanari Damacy posted:

More so than Paddock's motive, I want to know the reason why they won't let us know the motive.

Zero click exploits have been a thing for a while, though I don't recall seeing one before that can be used with just a phone number. For a variety of reasons, that's way more dangerous than one that requires an email but if you would have asked me yesterday if such a thing were out there in the hands of at least a couple governments, I would have said that I assume so.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

another symptom of Havana syndrome

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Hot Karl Marx posted:

It's creepy and unsettling as hell, but not functionally different than doing the same thing with a prepaid cell phone, which has been a known stalker trick for years.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
phones are a lot more noticeable, expensive and don't last nearly as long.

of course, it also doesn't give away to the stalkee that they've got a tracker on them

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

that's why it's built into the tech that you can disable that by tapping one of those notifications

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

that's why it's built into the tech that you can disable that by tapping one of those notifications

what if you dont have an apple device

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
while it is creepy that apple makes a consumer purchasable tracking device I don't know if it's really that noteworthy, gps tracking chips and surveillance stuff has been around and orderable through catalogs for decades

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Futanari Damacy posted:

Yeah, but how often do you find out that an attacker used the fact that Apple made GIFs loop and ended up giving zero click access to a Turning Complete PDF parser?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

this is just a trap in shadowrun

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Stevie Lee posted:

robbery, burglary, rape, etc

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Stevie Lee posted:

install this https://appleinsider.com/articles/21/12/13/apple-releases-airtag-tracker-detect-app-for-android

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

inferis posted:

which country

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/07/20/starbucks-australia-coffee-failure.html

The land of Roos and Ruperts, exporters of new earth creationism and flat earth theory, home of animals so deadly they even managed to get Steve

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

The cops have been fabricating evidence to further white nationalist goals since their foundation. They read like when kids copy each other's essays and "change the words around" to avoid detection.

2020 really made a lot of cryptic poo poo all the cops I knew would say make sense in a horrifying way.

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 21:56 on Dec 19, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/extracapsa/status/1435741302554042368?t=vBpmoxzWSZDFMo-NDqMqgQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/cryptokubrology/status/1436878199896428545?t=3lBC8ShretgFa5CEFB34VQ&s=19

animist
Aug 28, 2018
highposting.

Conspiracy theorists are totally a conspiracy to keep people from believing in conspiracies. But like. A large scale disinformation op with plenty of opportunities for cashflow and kickbacks, where reality production means higher margins.

Imagine what you can get the qanon people to buy. New Anti-5g-Communism Aluminum Hats for Your Family! 5 years Rapture Rations! etc.

hell, that's the whole firearms industry in a nutshell.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I got the laughing disease from the movie The Joker due to BMJ saying we need to study 5G before exposing and NIH saying 5g causes biological changes to cells in vitro (with a maybe for in vivo) and how 5G was conveniently media-canonized as totally safe and beyond reproach by way of COVID-conspiracy-shitcoating inversion.

lol. lmao

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

gold under the WTC???

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Bilirubin posted:

gold under the WTC???

it was in building 7 not the wtc proper!!

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
The gold wasn't the valuable thing in wtc 7. The CIA station and the SEC servers that were destroyed with no backups were the target. The gold was just a target of opportunity.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=130645&page=1

From 2006 about what info was in what destroyed building that wasn't the twin towers.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Woah exactly 2307 days!!! Jim Carrey made a documentary about this

ay yi yi.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

This is a good example of the type of nonsense conspiracy that discredits talking about actual conspiracies. Did the Deep State plan a precise terrorist attack for over a decade and leave a trail of breadcrumbs for anyone clever enough to unravel the mystery? Or did Bush allow Saudi Arabia to fund a terrorist attack in the US because he wanted to go to war with Iraq?

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Chamale posted:

This is a good example of the type of nonsense conspiracy that discredits talking about actual conspiracies. Did the Deep State plan a precise terrorist attack for over a decade and leave a trail of breadcrumbs for anyone clever enough to unravel the mystery? Or did Bush allow Saudi Arabia to fund a terrorist attack in the US because he wanted to go to war with Iraq?

The CIA wanted an excuse to destroy the sec records, loot the vault at the national Enquirer and disappear the investigation about the missing billions the Pentagon couldn't explain. The 911 attacks let them do that, rewrite the cog executive order and create a new never-ending war economy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

cagliostr0 posted:

loot the vault at the national Enquirer

that was the anthrax scare, important to keep distinct from 9/11