Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Antonymous posted:

no, next question

uhhh can we make [Pop Culture] Call Me by Your Name (Which Is a Killing Word) the next thread title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

plape me by your tane

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

mastershakeman posted:

Nothing after season 2 works because Tony prevaricates for hours on how to solve a problem and then chooses the exact same answer every time: murder

Livia was the true antagonist that made the show compelling

Yeah pretty much, the 2nd season is 10/10 and then the 3rd season is all over the place and the show never recovers. If it weren't for the top tier acting/casting it would've been long forgotten.

It's really painful to watch at times, every single character being irredeemable pieces of poo poo doesn't help either.

True Blood seasons 1 - 4 is the superior HBO series.

thatfatkid has issued a correction as of 02:02 on Dec 19, 2021

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

Nothing after season 2 works because Tony prevaricates for hours on how to solve a problem and then chooses the exact same answer every time: murder

Livia was the true antagonist that made the show compelling

thatfatkid posted:

Yeah pretty much, the 2nd season is 10/10 and then the 3rd season is all over the place and the show never recovers. If it weren't for the top tier acting/casting it would've been long forgotten.

It's really painful to watch at times, every single character being irredeemable pieces of poo poo doesn't help either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNI3DeD1Eqc

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
Robert Patrick barely holding back tears as he puts a revolver in his mouth and cocks the hammer only to instantly puss out when his wife interrupts him was some amazing comedy.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Some Guy TT posted:

does anyone else think call me by your name is kind of weird and creepy looking back its basically indiana jones romancing whatshername from the first indiana jones movies but its the actual story instead of just backstory also its supposed to be romantic and also the parents think its kind of hot and are totally into it and also the aids crisis is going on so loving the grad student might have literally been a death sentence for the kid

If you think that’s disturbing, check out Endless Love.

In all honesty, I don’t like to think too hard about the weird fixations adults can get on teenage romance.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Farm Frenzy posted:

plape me by your tane

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

thatfatkid posted:

the last season of the sopranos is really bad

no way all the stuff with AJ is so good, funnier than 99% of comedies on today

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Sopranos loving rules

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
yah it’s good fun

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

ok Geralt and Jaskier have been hanging out for 20 seconds and the show is suddenly a lot more fun

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Watched the Battle at Lake Changjin and it's a pretty fun war movie. The USA fills in the Evil Empire trope really well especially with its war crimes airpower and the ground battle segments were tense from start to finish.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/AP/status/1472327272564764674

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/MJFINESSELOVER/status/1472069731221966850

fondly remembering how whoopi goldberg was one of the biggest names in hollywood and even got an egot but somehow couldnt do any better than being part of a daily talk show ensemble for her long term career

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MJFINESSELOVER/status/1472069731221966850

fondly remembering how whoopi goldberg was one of the biggest names in hollywood and even got an egot but somehow couldnt do any better than being part of a daily talk show ensemble for her long term career

Whoopi had a blank check in Hollywood in the 90s and made so much money just off Sisrer Act royalties that she could provide for her loved ones for like 75 years, so I think it's safe to assume she's doing exactly what she wants

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
and of course we all loved her in tng. i'd hardly say whoopi's career was a failure

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
arguing with Megan McCain is pretty fail to me

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I think it was Ernest R. Dickerson, A.S.C.

said something like "hollywood treats black success like finding a $100 bill on the sidewalk"

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

specifically about movies with black cast or about the black experience making $$$ but then Hollywood seems to always see it as a stroke of good luck rather than a viable repeatable business strategy

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

skipmyseashells posted:

arguing with Megan McCain is pretty fail to me

McCain ended up leaving the show, didn't she? That counts as a victory to me.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

remember when whoopi signed the paper saying the child rapist should go free and then claimed that what he did was just a rape, not a "rape-rape"

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

thatfatkid posted:

it's ok, you're allowed a poo poo take from time to time

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

"She musta crawled under there for warmth" and "I did-ent" are in the later seasons and they have to be some of the funniest lines in the show

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Whoopie also told Ted Danson to dress up in black face for a bit, they were dating at the time, so I guess he gets a pass.

She stood up for him and scolded the audience (and media) for being upset.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/L82twatmytweet/status/1326700482321125377

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

lmfao hasan's face at the end of that clip

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

thatfatkid posted:

This transcends being just a lovely take, holy hell lmfao

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Faye Valentine took the dog pill

https://twitter.com/hecku_back/status/1471430886671400960?s=20

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

gonna lol when Spider-Man 3 (2) hits the top 10 on IMDB

lol

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i find it very funny that peter parkers identity being revealed wasnt even the cliffhanger of the last movie they just pulled it out of their rear end to cobble together a goofy contrived excuse to reuse all the villains from the previous spiderman series

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Uncancel the show

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
The Witcher season 2 loving owns and everyone here should watch it

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Uncancel the show

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

e:nm

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

so many spider men and so little time :mmmhmm:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

How do you think apartheid changed? We did that. That's what Joe Biden did.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Good soup! posted:

This transcends being just a lovely take, holy hell lmfao

The Sopranos is overrated trash. fight me

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

thatfatkid posted:

Yeah pretty much. If anything suicide squad encourages workers to rise up and murder their bosses and seize power, not merely knock them out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr Hootington posted:

Uncancel the show