Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

mabels big day posted:

We shouldnt be complaining/scrutinizing the saitama/genos moment, we should be complaining that the power scaling is off bc flashy flash should NOT be able to keep up with Platinum Sperm and Garou

Flashy Flash moves at the speed of Light (much like Speed'o Sound Sonic moves at the Speed of Sound).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
just because Flashy Flash can't keep up with Blast and Saitama doesn't mean he can't keep up with Garou and the spermy guy

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

mabels big day posted:

We shouldnt be complaining/scrutinizing the saitama/genos moment, we should be complaining that the power scaling is off bc flashy flash should NOT be able to keep up with Platinum Sperm and Garou

The dude styled on 2 extremely stupid fast Dragons focused on speed the moment he got serious.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I hope we get to see Saitama bully Flashy Flash more

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Yeah flashy flash is basically just matching their speed it seems, he doesn't seem to be able to actually do much else

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Collapsing Farts posted:

Yeah flashy flash is basically just matching their speed it seems, he doesn't seem to be able to actually do much else

This was kinda my read, especially because they make note of saying he doesn't have his weapon.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Gazaar posted:

This was kinda my read, especially because they make note of saying he doesn't have his weapon.

It's kind of similar to Sonic vs Sea King. He was able to keep up but eventually had to just escape because he lacked offensive firepower unarmed.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Zerilan posted:

It's kind of similar to Sonic vs Sea King. He was able to keep up but eventually had to just escape because he lacked offensive firepower unarmed.

If he had his sword, PS would be slashed up right now, probably still ok but slashed.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I mean, if Flashy Flash can move at the speed of light then his durability would be insane to withstand it and his hits have immense mass behind them by virtue of his speed. I don't mind if the rest of the S class didn't notice how bullshit he is since earlier he mentions that most of his work goes unnoticed by his own preference.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Caidin posted:

I mean, if Flashy Flash can move at the speed of light then his durability would be insane to withstand it and his hits have immense mass behind them by virtue of his speed. I don't mind if the rest of the S class didn't notice how bullshit he is since earlier he mentions that most of his work goes unnoticed by his own preference.

Yeah, the system has form as wildly inaccurate given Saitama is in B tier despite being possibly the most powerful entity in the universe.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
Um I don't think One Punch Man operates on relativistic or even strictly newtonian physics, it might be more along the lines of "Dio can still see things when time is stopped even though light shouldn't be moving to make it to his eyes" kinda deal.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
It's like how Raditz is faster than the speed of light even though he's pretty weak in the grand scheme of things and they only get faster. Same deal.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

mabels big day posted:

Speedsters are OP.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Speedsters are OP.

DEX will forever be the god stat

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
Even if he is supposed to be this good, the issue with Flashy being able to keep up and tank damage from Garou and PS is that makes them less special. It calls into question whether there are other heroes who could handle them. I doubt many people would think awesome!! if watchdog man was participating in this battle of the superhuman beings.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

I doubt many people would think awesome!! if watchdog man was participating in this battle of the superhuman beings.

?!?!?!?!?

uh that'd be sick bro

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Jerkface posted:

?!?!?!?!?

uh that'd be sick bro

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

Even if he is supposed to be this good, the issue with Flashy being able to keep up and tank damage from Garou and PS is that makes them less special. It calls into question whether there are other heroes who could handle them. I doubt many people would think awesome!! if watchdog man was participating in this battle of the superhuman beings.

Are we reading the same manga? Hell yes to seeing Watchdogman do more! :black101:

Flashy doesn't actually to be able to do anything though. He's just running along. His surprise kick to Garou didn't even connect.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

WatchdogMan will show up to help Child Emperor in the next Phoenixman redraw.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

WatchdogMan would 100% be able to keep up, if this fight was happening in his city

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I think this type of analysis is key to enjoying the comic, even if it shouldn't be listened to by the author. The comic is meant I feel to inspire that old time comic book nostalgia when we were kids by letting your favorite guy do something cool, and isn't about hard numbers or precise rankings actually mattering to the extent that it's asserted to be by the public in comic.

Huh, internet at large would be a good stand in for the masses in the comic.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Jerkface posted:

?!?!?!?!?

uh that'd be sick bro

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Nah I think they've done enough to sell PS as being a big threat by having him dunk on Darkshine/Fuhrer that this turn doesn't really undermine their threat level. If anything it just makes flashy seem more impressive.

A jargogle fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Dec 20, 2021

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

mabels big day posted:

WatchdogMan would 100% be able to keep upwin the fight outright, if this fight was happening in his city

This is more correct.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

A jargogle posted:

Nah I think they've done enough to sell PS as being a big threat by having him dunk on Darkshine/Fuhrer that this turn doesn't really undermine their threat level. If anything it just makes flashy seem more impressive.

It is kind of weird that Gold Sperm could one shot dark shine, but platinum sperm hits Flash multiple times and he's fine.

I get Flashy Flash being the top of the S Class but you'd think Darkshine would still be more durable than the speedster.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Dark Shine has been humbled and is no longer believing in himself as a hero. Flashy Flash is too stupid to ever doubt himself. If Dark Shine believed, he could have tanked it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah Darkshine was mentally hosed up after having his skin burnt by the acid dude (which is pretty impressive considering that anyone else who got hit by that poo poo melted immediately), so Gold Sperm, who was impervious to melting + shinier than him, had a mental chokehold on him.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
yeah I'm pretty sure Darkshine stayed down not because Gold Sperm actually hurt him, but because he was mentally broken and can't get up. Same as when he folded under pressure against Garou, but now he has awful acid burns as a good excuse to lie down.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Imagine never feeling any pain at all for years and then getting your hands melted. Flashy Flash is probs dashing back with the hits to remove some of the force.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Darkshine lost mentally against Garou. He wasn't wrong when he said that he's still the same scared kid he was years ago.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Maybe instead of tanking the hit, Flashy Flash moves away from it very fast to lessen the impact (I am not a fighter and now that I think about it I think you're supposed to move towards a blow so just pretend I said that)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If Flashy Flash is so fast, why doesn't he just phase through the attacks?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Too flashy.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Platinum Sperm was just punching an afterimage that Flashy left behind 3 years ago in that exact spot

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Flashy Flash going limp to dissipate the force of the blow like half the cast of Kengan Omega

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

Platinum Sperm was just punching an afterimage that Flashy left behind 3 years ago in that exact spot

Yeah I wonder who's gonna be the first to leave an afterimage in this fight. Saitama did it twice while sparring with Genos and once fighting SoS Sonic (lol) after him and Genos nearly blew up his house.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

SpiderLink posted:

Maybe instead of tanking the hit, Flashy Flash moves away from it very fast to lessen the impact (I am not a fighter and now that I think about it I think you're supposed to move towards a blow so just pretend I said that)

Dude got Flash around the throat with a tentacle and then pummeled while being held. Then Flash kicked his way out of it. Hard to just toss that one aside.

That said, as others have pointed out, it's exactly like Sea King vs Sonic where Flash doesn't seem to be able to put in any hits himself.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 23, 2021

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Dude got Flash around the throat with a tentacle and the pummeled while being held. Then Flash kicked his way out of it. Hard to just toss that one aside.

That said, as others have pointed out, it's exactly like Sea King vs Sonic where Flash doesn't seem to be able to put in any hits himself.

He's really fast though.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Speed force, I ain't gotta explain poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

SpiderLink posted:

He's really fast though.

gonna vibrate my molecules so fast that things don't hurt