Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

lmao at trying to go to the Canadian GP, its stupid money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I wonder which is the best to fly into of the European ones. Most of the tracks are in the middle of nowhere , but they do tend to have good public transport.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Spa is a mecca everyone should visit at least once, even if not for F1.
Join all the finns who go to Hungary every year
The Dutch seem to be cool in general except on relation to Max so skip Zandboort.
Skip Silverstone as were now a failed state
Monza is probably an experience and you can laugh at Ferrari under your breath.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The trick to Montreal is not sleeping in the downtown core

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Lol I stayed at an Airbnb and just took the metro, there’s a stop literally at the track

Lol imagine going to an F1 race and staying in a suburban rental home instead of the Ritz Carlton.

Probably wear a Seiko and use non-stick pans too.

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 19, 2021

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

ethanol posted:

Yeah when I looked before the hotel thing is prob why I won’t go. Montreal isn’t exactly a dream vacation for me lol

Montreal is great OP.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

The Big Jesus posted:

Lap 36. Lewis is up 6 seconds on max. Giovinazzi causes a vsc. Lewis’ tires are 20 laps old, with 22 left to go. Max pits, and pulls back onto the track down 23 seconds. Lewis could’ve pitted there easily right?

E: Crofty just said it’s 15-16 seconds under vsc. No reason for merc to not pit.

The VSC ended like three seconds past the pit entrance the first chance he would have had to respond pit. It would have ended up almost entirely green flag pit and definitely behind max.

E: also it was mentioned RBR had both fresh sets of hards for sunday, lewis would have had to put on a set of hards with ??? laps on them, or I think he had fresh mediums for 22 laps which probably? would have been better on the final lap but not fresh softs as good or even 22 lap old hards as good, and have had to burn up life fighting behind max looking for the super safe pass and passing, or not having passed and just 22 laps of major tire deg following.

E2: ALSO putting the faith in the stewards to properly penalize max if he wrecks lewis (subtract championship points and DQ from race or season) trying to pass is probably a lot more risky than putting faith in RD to follow written regs. The stewards have been extremely inconsistent in penalizing max this year for all the moves he’s pulled that absolutely should have been, see brazil v jeddah.

TheBacon fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 19, 2021

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

smackfu posted:

I wonder which is the best to fly into of the European ones. Most of the tracks are in the middle of nowhere , but they do tend to have good public transport.

Likely Catalunya if that is your priority. Also probably the best one to make an actual holiday of.

We went to Spa which involved a 7AM ferry to Calais and then driving across the top of France to get to Bruges for lunch (which was amazing) and then down to Vielsalm in what is now a Center Parcs but was called something else. Got there by the early evening and it was pretty pain-free.

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 19, 2021

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Dictator. posted:

Can someone post the final ranking cause i lost my login after picking my team and never looked again

Also:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verstappen-tops-team-principals-poll-first-time/6891628/

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Khablam posted:

I love how out-braking someone is called a "dive bomb" as though it's a derogatory way to go racing and not the predominant way a car gets ahead of another in motor racing.
Usually the same people who call lewis "the GOAT" for pressing DRS to pass someone before the braking zone even arrives.

Yes when he brakes so late and doesnt even start turning the wheel until past the apex and leaves no room on track for the car he is attempting to ‘pass’ that is a dive bomb and bad racing. Also wasnt that almost exactly horners pissy argument at silverstone and why he made albon go ‘recreate’ the lap or whatever? Like lmfao

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

smackfu posted:

Monza is probably the easiest since it's not in the middle of nowhere and is basically in a Milan suburb.

The others are all in pretty remote areas and it would be harder to do something on your trip other than just the F1 related stuff.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

italian quid posted:

lmao at trying to go to the Canadian GP, its stupid money

It's a fraction of the cost to go to COTA or the Miami race though. So relatively speaking it's a bargain.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

TheBacon posted:

Yes when he brakes so late and doesnt even start turning the wheel until past the apex and leaves no room on track for the car he is attempting to ‘pass’ that is a dive bomb and bad racing. Also wasnt that almost exactly horners pissy argument at silverstone and why he made albon go ‘recreate’ the lap or whatever? Like lmfao

yes

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Sab0921 posted:

Lol imagine going to an F1 race and staying in a suburban rental home instead of the Ritz Carlton.

Probably wear a Seiko and use non-stick pans too.

I’m watching my carbon footprint

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I got tickets for the Montreal Grand Prix too. But I'm staying with my parents so that takes care of one of the big expenses.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Some big brain emotional blackmail from the FIA here

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I've purchased an Apple Watch.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Let it be known I got in the points which makes me NOT a Haas tier poster

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Congrats on being better than Haas.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

italian quid posted:

I've purchased an Apple Watch.

This is a worse decision than Lewis not pitting for softs.

The Garmin Venu exists and has like a 6 day long battery life.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

watches are obsolete

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sab0921 posted:

I looked into that but it doesn't integrate into the Apple ecosystem

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Sab0921 posted:

"But have you considered Garmin?" - Someone in 2021.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I like the withings smart watches but I dont wear a watch because

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

watches are obsolete

seiko evisen watches are also p sick

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I’m buying a Fenix watch

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
If you wear a watch that's anything more than one of those terrorist Casios you're throwing money away like a billionaire who bought an F1 team.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
My terrorist Casio melted when I was working with DCM solvent at a printing factory I used to work at.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Solus posted:

Some big brain emotional blackmail from the FIA here

sir lewis hamilton, child hater

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Kid's learning young to leave the helmet on when you're feeling huffy and disappointed.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Azza Bamboo posted:

My terrorist Casio melted when I was working with DCM solvent at a printing factory I used to work at.

Is your wrist ok op

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
it was blistered and full of plastic goo for a while but it's good now lol.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Skipping a mandatory award ceremony should obviously cost you one of your own titles. If the current trend continues, Max will overtake Lewis 4*:3 in the WDC standings at the end of 2024.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

marshalljim posted:

Skipping a mandatory award ceremony should obviously cost you one of your own titles. If the current trend continues, Max will overtake Lewis 4*:3 in the WDC standings at the end of 2024.

Hamilton is becoming inreasingly disillusioned.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Payndz posted:

If you wear a watch that's anything more than one of those terrorist Casios you're throwing money away like a billionaire who bought an F1 team.

ya I enjoy living with no joy in my life as well.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

watches are obsolete

For everything but fitness tracking.

Also you need a Patek for the Paddock Club.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I'd like a nice automatic for the novelty.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

watches are obsolete

I like to listen to podcasts and music from my Apple Watch while running. At the time I bought it, the only thing I found that would seamlessly sync my podcasts between my phone and watch other than the Apple Watch with Overwatch (podcast app). Had tried a Garmin and it would play podcasts but not sync where I stopped/started. Same with the native Podcast App on Apple Watch. I assume things have gotten better in the past 8 months though.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Full Collapse posted:

I'd like a nice automatic for the novelty.
Do you really mean a nice automatic? Or do you mean an AP

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
if Max > Lewis this season, and Merc > Redbull, I believe the transitive property means Big Valt > Checo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have a garmin because neither fitbit or apple can read through my tattoos.