Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Burkion posted:

It's going to be Saiyan Saga or Namek Saga and I'm really not sure which.

I feel like Saiyan is a lot tighter of a saga than Namek. I'd be shocked if Namek wins, even if it has the most icon value. In fact, I could see Namek in 2nd or 3rd, depending on where Piccolo Jr sneaks in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

The whole conclusion about Gohan deciding he was gonna get strong without just following Goku's powerup tree was pretty neat

so of course Gohan did absolutely nothing with that idea, and Vegeta just stole it for himself

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

pik_d posted:

Team Four Star are doing their final (christmas) countdown, doing sagas this time. I'm not actually sure how many sagas there even are but there's at least 12 of them! I'm guessing the Frieza/Namek saga will be #1, but honestly I don't know.

I also have no idea how the forums will handle a link to a playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5j80D9V7lqb6ozY7Hyilw1uvq2tpmwuu

Edit: The answer is that the forums can't embed playlists.

If I had to guess the Top Five I'd say it would be:

5. Red Ribbon Army Saga

4. Android/Cell Saga

3. 23rd Tenka-Ichi Budoukai Saga

2. Namek Saga

1. Saiyan Saga

I know that it would be utterly unwieldy to combine the Namek and Saiyan Saga but its kind of odd how they break from the norm of how these things are typically organized. Most sagas are a discrete storyline where it feels as though they could reliably end the entire series right there at the end of it if they wanted but not these two, Namek directly follows on from the Saiyan saga and the story wouldn't really work for either without the other.

Also I think that they should have switched the Tournament of Power with the Buu Saga, they have some similar issues but Buu doesn't have anywhere near the same heights IMO.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
from what i saw in the trailer it seems like the super hero is the bad guy, or being used by the bad guys

interesting

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

bowmore posted:

from what i saw in the trailer it seems like the super hero is the bad guy, or being used by the bad guys

interesting

Yeah, here's a version of the trailer with the closed captioning translated to English, so turn on CC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE30EPHxeMU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

khwarezm posted:

If I had to guess the Top Five I'd say it would be:

5. Red Ribbon Army Saga

4. Android/Cell Saga

3. 23rd Tenka-Ichi Budoukai Saga

2. Namek Saga

1. Saiyan Saga

I know that it would be utterly unwieldy to combine the Namek and Saiyan Saga but its kind of odd how they break from the norm of how these things are typically organized. Most sagas are a discrete storyline where it feels as though they could reliably end the entire series right there at the end of it if they wanted but not these two, Namek directly follows on from the Saiyan saga and the story wouldn't really work for either without the other.

Also I think that they should have switched the Tournament of Power with the Buu Saga, they have some similar issues but Buu doesn't have anywhere near the same heights IMO.

I agree with this. They called too much attention to the reasons for the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai's placement to not have the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai be right after it on the list.

I also agree ToP should've been above Buu. ToP has some lower lows, but the highs are legit franchise-topping highs. I don't think it beats King Piccolo, but it at least beats the other big, uneven arc.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
my guess from the trailer is that the new Red Ribbon Army has decided that open world domination is for chumps and have instead gone for the ol "make fake superheroes and send them after our nemesis while acting like they're evil and we're doing the world a favor" trick

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh cheers!

pik_d posted:

Yeah, here's a version of the trailer with the closed captioning translated to English, so turn on CC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE30EPHxeMU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

This show being the Goku and Vegeta show has been the case for too long to really be upset about it.

As much as I'd love for a Piccolo centric arc where he comes to terms with his memories of Kami and unlocks the godly ki of the God of Earth (as we see Dende has access to, as current god/guardian of earth)... I don't think it'll ever happen.

The same can be said for Gotenks, Gohan, Pan, and anyone else in the show tbh. They will all at most exist to deal with B-threats.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
the world of dbz kinda sucks cause if you're not a cheater like Frieza or Broly and want to be strong in it you have to be working out literally all the time with the best possible methods and if you slip for even a couple months or train in a slightly wrong way you just instantly become irrelevant.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Did Goten/Trunks/Gotenks fight at all in Super besides the Beerus part?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Did Goten/Trunks/Gotenks fight at all in Super besides the Beerus part?

the planet potafeu mini-arc had a bit of gotenks in it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Casey Finnigan posted:

the world of dbz kinda sucks cause if you're not a cheater like Frieza or Broly and want to be strong in it you have to be working out literally all the time with the best possible methods and if you slip for even a couple months or train in a slightly wrong way you just instantly become irrelevant.

freeza and broly are not cheaters they are just naturally talented at destroying planets and screaming really loud show some respect

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

KittyEmpress posted:

This show being the Goku and Vegeta show has been the case for too long to really be upset about it.

As much as I'd love for a Piccolo centric arc where he comes to terms with his memories of Kami and unlocks the godly ki of the God of Earth (as we see Dende has access to, as current god/guardian of earth)... I don't think it'll ever happen.

The same can be said for Gotenks, Gohan, Pan, and anyone else in the show tbh. They will all at most exist to deal with B-threats.

They don't deal with the B-threats that's the problem, it was the problem with GT as well.

I'm not saying main character Gohan, or Pan but please please stop hyping characters up only for them to job or be useless. Like don't have Pan fly that early just let her be a baby,if Gohan's going to be a scholar let him,and just don't let what happened to Tien in Super happen to anyone else that felt bad and I don't even like Tien like that.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 19, 2021

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Gotenks kicked that one Frieza jobber in the balls

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Casey Finnigan posted:

To be fair to DBS Broly, while he does have insane natural talent, he did spend pretty much his entire life in a deathworld training montage where his rear end in a top hat dad deliberately forced him to fight horrible monster animals all the time to get stronger. It's not like Freeza who was just a world cracking tyrant out of the box without any effort at all.

His whole life was basically "that time Piccolo kidnapped Gohan to prep for the Saiyans" except nonstop from baby to adult.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Dec 19, 2021

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Character Bios for Super Hero.

https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/status/1472161895910023172
https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/status/1472230198326091776

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Magenta totally wants to wish himself taller.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah of course the Red Ribbon is going back to androids

Caros
May 14, 2008

Burkion posted:

Yeah of course the Red Ribbon is going back to androids

Hey, it is the closest they ever got to success. Do what works.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

What's the Dr Gero/Dr Hedo pun
Dr Gear and Dr Head?

Man I love me some Red Ribbon Army this is totally my poo poo, Android Saga Forever

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
"Gero made evil androids and they turned good. By that logic, if I make superhero androids they'll clearly turn evil!"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Justin_Brett posted:

"Gero made evil androids and they turned good. By that logic, if I make superhero androids they'll clearly turn evil!"

This IS sound logic by pretty much all comic book and anime standards.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I mean, it can’t be a worse idea than making cyborgs stronger than Goku that immediately decided to rebel against their creator. Which happened like, three times. Man, Dr. Gero really seems like a savant even in the context of being in the same universe as Senbei.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Gohan talking to Piccolo-Killinger as he realizes he was meant to be a genuine villain all his life

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwpQQ-Yb8J0

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Black August posted:

Gohan talking to Piccolo-Killinger as he realizes he was meant to be a genuine villain all his life

"Dad...am I a bad fighter?"

"Ehhhhh....*makes 'kinda' hand gesture*"

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Pan-Hank and Bulla-Dean

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Given the absolute non-threat of death in Dragon Ball, you could just do that montage of Hank & Dean dying but with Goten and Trunks 1:1. Including the part where Goku and Vegeta grow beards!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gohan, buddy, pal. I know you learned from Piccolo at age 6 but that was kind of an emergency. Maybe wait until your daughter is in at least kindergarten before asking Uncle Ex-Satan Demon to train her.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Piccolo's only job is to babysit the monkey children

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mr. Satan has already taught Pan the Dynamite Kick.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

This time, Piccolo truly is the nanny/mentor/grandpa/2nd Dad+Mom for Pan, she will have a very happy and good and GT-free childhood

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

iamsosmrt posted:

They should really say something like Gohan's mystic powerup wore off or something due to non-use and him maybe losing touch with it. It was a stupid powerup to begin with, basically made him too broken for the level of narrative in DB.

'Too broken' Didn't he loving lose his 1 fight with it? And then was instantly outclassed by his dad and vegeta.

Gohan fans need to just realize the kid's a dud, always has been always will be. he's got less W's on the board than Krillin and less fun fights than Chiaotzu

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

'Too broken' Didn't he loving lose his 1 fight with it? And then was instantly outclassed by his dad and vegeta.

Gohan fans need to just realize the kid's a dud, always has been always will be. he's got less W's on the board than Krillin and less fun fights than Chiaotzu

No he was still stronger then Goku and Vegeta. Though not stronger then their fused selves.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nah he beat the poo poo out of Super Buu until Super Buu decided to wait 30 for Gotenks to gently caress up.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

No he was still stronger then Goku and Vegeta. Though not stronger then their fused selves.

So he was immediately outclassed by his dad and vegeta like I said.

Kild posted:

Nah he beat the poo poo out of Super Buu until Super Buu decided to wait 30 for Gotenks to gently caress up.

So he lost the one fight he was in with that power-up.

These are both cope. Gohan sucks.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Now Great Saiyaman? That's a real character. You can tell because even Gohan realized being gohan sucked.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean if you're going by W/L then Goku also sucks as he loses way more fights than he wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Goku and Vegeta both got their rear end beat by a weaker buu lol