Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

fosborb posted:

At a NYE bar party

the Central Time recast feed is over; bartender is trying to find another party on the tvs

she stays for a few seconds on a news channel, a new disease in China that--

punches in a few numbers and were onto the MTV NYE program and the night continues

my wife and I really kicked off 2020 right

Hahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

this is like buying a bunch of recruits in xcom after your A teams keep getting wiped because you didnt upgrade anything the entire game

zone
Dec 6, 2016

cancel the NBA: I sleep
hire replacement plague rats: real poo poo

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

Platystemon posted:

If I were an organization that failed at my one job at the most critical time since my organization was founded, I would try not to do it again.

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1243972193169616898

euphronius posted:

lmao that tweet is still up ?
:vince:

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Captain Magic posted:

I for one welcome our new Covid zombie overlords

just a case of rage virus (mild)

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Okay really, Fauci is going to kill TWO members of Queen?

lmfao

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

lol emergency backup goalies but for whole teams

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

there will be adequate players

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Now's your chance, Air Bud!

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Koirhor posted:

there will be adequate players

will The Professor finally gets his chance?!

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

that's it that's the thread

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
Houston doubling time is 2.2 days

https://twitter.com/dave_andersen/status/1472723329329115137

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

This could be my big break into the NBA!

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

no lube so what posted:

didn't he already get COVID a bunch of times because he refuses to wear masks

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

:drat:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Just make all the players play in elastomerics ez

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I was not planning on getting out of the car tonight on my drive but while I was driving through Wilcox, I ended up stopping in an empty park to take pictures of their Christmas light setup. I did note that the parking lot was full, and realized it was because the little movie theater across the lot from the park was open and a show was just about to start, and I was like "hey it would be funny to see a blockbuster movie here at the edge of civilization. But then I remembered I this area was leading Arizona in COVID deaths and I decided that was probably a terrible idea and got back in my car and left.

It was a weird sight because for me I remember when that place was on the verge of becoming a ghost town when I started doing mini road trips to places and they've somehow managed to create a pretty bumping downtown and I'm impressed they somehow changed that. Too bad about the part of it killing a bunch of people though.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

mt sinai hospital in nyc no longer giving monoclonal antibodies because they don’t work

frown

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

mdemone posted:

hi everybody, last chance, please help

https://gofund.me/1a06bf81

Donated

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah I know the south African data cant really be applied and we need to wait on UK/Denmark but God drat it's better in SA than can be reasonably expected

In all seriousness Delta was going to be loving everywhere this winter, it already was in the Midwest

The data from South Africa is not good. It's not anything right now. You're buying into the stupid Twitter bullshit thing where these people try to immediately get out in front of any reasonable analysis by interpreting incomplete data or just straight-up lying.

First of all, it's not even clear if SA is at a peak. If SA is peaking in cases, then they're 1-2 weeks away from peaking in hospitalizations. If they're already at ~45% of their Delta peak, that's a good indication that Omicron is at least as bad as Delta. Likewise, ICU stats should be even lower right now because those will lag hospitalizations.

What's coming out of SA right now looks exactly the same as what came out of India or anywhere else during the Delta wave. It's all just "but where are the hospitalizations?" bullshit.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

At least it wills be over quickly. Just a loving firehouse blast of covid

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
Cleveland

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/jneill/status/1472495209892261893
:shepface:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

RedQueen posted:

Cleveland

HOLY poo poo

cleveland really does rock

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/ogoatanunobyy/status/1472782942825029632?s=21

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Like I'm so angry that this still needs to be explained, but you cannot judge the rate of hospitalization and death if you're at or before the case peak. You can't. You literally cannot do it, because most people who will be hospitalized don't yet think they need to be hospitalized.

So you want to be optimistic and assume that SA is hitting a case peak? Fine, but that means you can't really make any kind of judgment on the "mildness" of Omicron.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

RedQueen posted:

Cleveland

i thought the first bump was the delta wave this summer and my first thought was "uhhh where's alpha's surge last year"

:crackping:

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

no lube so what posted:

YES he came back from his knee injury, he has what it takes!!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Paradoxish posted:

Like I'm so angry that this still needs to be explained, but you cannot judge the rate of hospitalization and death if you're at or before the case peak. You can't. You literally cannot do it, because most people who will be hospitalized don't yet think they need to be hospitalized.

So you want to be optimistic and assume that SA is hitting a case peak? Fine, but that means you can't really make any kind of judgment on the "mildness" of Omicron.

we've been rounding the corner and opening up the economy for 23 months now. who cares what these people have to think?

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I want to see the Professor clown on the Nets in a spiderman costume

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Paradoxish posted:

you should be, it’s blatant misrepresentation

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Lol if there are more blue senate seat special elections next year than red, ifyannowattimean

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

would you rather die now of omicron or die starving in flood waters in a couple decades

thankfully the us government has made the choice for you

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Paradoxish posted:

Does the data even show that SA is leveling in new cases?

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

cases, cases, cases

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Salt Fish posted:

Just make all the players play in elastomerics ez

that would be really extremely rad too bad reality is much worse

Col.Schultz
May 14, 2010

Till we come to some beginning within our own power...

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Adelaide Australia hit over 100 cases for the first time since early April 2020. That's about 10% of their all time cases in a single day.

Love to give up two years of hard won gains for... nothing. About 50 people in Australia actually wanted to get into South Australia anyway...

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

speng31b posted:

The case data right now is all over the place. If you average it out you'll see a peak, if you look at the daily data it just looks like a mess. So it could be a legitimate plateau with data that's just jumping all over the place or it could mean nothing.

But of course every Twitter expert was declaring a peak days ago because the strategy these clowns use is to get as far ahead of the data as they can because they know most people are just going to remember the first thing they hear.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

speng31b posted:

Gauteng appears to be, but not the rest of the country. Gauteng had hundreds of excess deaths this week from something, but since they keep finding corpses in apartments, they can't confirm it was Omicron. So I guess it's mild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

no lube so what posted:

His poo poo pops up on my Facebook feed all the time. Please. The Pacers need you