Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Aww inferno/artfire/grapple are adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC51pPWRO6M
Oh Shitpiece...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Vaporware posted:

They flubbed the samurai look with the fire trucks. The had the chance to do a proper pot-belly Bogu Do armor.

Inferno has a matoi staff, like old Japanese firefighters and Galo from Promare, who’s also a firefighter.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I suppose? It read at first glance as kendo, and the fire truck fascia is perfectly shaped to be Bogu, but it's riding too high. Then they have the hip armor, and the shoulders are some what like the flying nun style kendo hat.

Makes sense if they're playing at a different reference I don't know.

https://twitter.com/_kasumiryu/status/1121681276681904129

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Sockser posted:

Aight can a UK goon hook me up with a Grimmy?

If you don't mind him loose, and also waiting 'til the British Post service stops making GBS threads the bed, I can hook you up. Pop me a DM.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Inferno has a matoi staff, like old Japanese firefighters and Galo from Promare, who’s also a firefighter.
poo poo, now you've sold me on that Inferno. It just clicks now, I get why he's in the line, much like their Cyclonus.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I received my Secret Santa gift today in the mail. Will be opening it on Christmas day. Thank you!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Also, I have received my SS gift and one of you mentioned that my gift had arrived, so all is good on that front. Gonna open mine on Christmas Eve.

Got Golden Disk Jackpot today. His helmet is made of two different sized parts, the left side is noticeably a bit bigger than the right. It's not misaligned like some folks are saying online, it's straight bigger. His face is a third piece.

The thing that makes it instantly noticeable is the seam, since the left half of the helmet is a little bigger you can see the black from the inner plastic. With a good silver color match, if would be far, far less noticeable if the seam was painted silver.

EDIT: turns out the silver used on Jackpot's head is pretty much exactly the same color as a silver Sharpie. The seam is somewhat less noticeable after I jammed a standard-sized silver sharpie in there.

Can't completely cover all of the seam with the standard size Sharpie, and apparently the helmet is held together by three pegs that are glued shut so that's a lot more risk than I'm currently willing to take on fixing a figure.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 21, 2021

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hi TF thread!

Today was "how thin can I stretch my patience assembling Menasors" day.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

Hi TF thread!

Soon there will be another

Little Baby G1 Menasor looks adorable

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

Hi TF thread!

Welcome back!

Which is the 2nd from the left one?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

Hi TF thread!

Hey! Welcome back!

I was gonna ask what legends scale that one on the right was, then I realised it was the CW one and the rest are all giant??! :psyduck:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
From left to right

Fansproject, XTB, Transformission, DX9, Combiner Wars (with PE kit) and G1 out front.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

From left to right

Fansproject, XTB, Transformission, DX9, Combiner Wars (with PE kit) and G1 out front.

Which one is your favorite? Not following third-party 'bots, I had no idea those all existed.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

My tf shelf is getting tight but I do want to assemble the supposed upcoming mainline menasor

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Hi TF thread!

Man, none of them are quite there are they?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
there is something satisfyingly threatening about CW menasor compared to the rest of those guys.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Anora posted:

there is something satisfyingly threatening about CW menasor compared to the rest of those guys.

Like a smol gremlin who will fight you.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

Hi TF thread!

I actually like all of them, the all have their own take on it. Little tiny G1 Menasor is super cute next to these guys!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Which one is your favorite? Not following third-party 'bots, I had no idea those all existed.

Fsmhunk posted:

I actually like all of them, the all have their own take on it. Little tiny G1 Menasor is super cute next to these guys!

For real, each has their own strengths. XTB has the best Menasor so far, DX9 has the best poseability, Fsansproject is the oldest and still has amazing engineering. TFM has my favorite bot modes. Combiner Wars exists.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Combiner Wars had the solid, top tier benefit of being the Stunticons I had access to.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

Combiner Wars had the solid, top tier benefit of being the Stunticons I had access to.

There's also that. I'm eager to see what the new Hasbro Menasor ends up looking like. And maybe Fans Toys will get theirs to the finish line someday.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
scramble city combiners are crippled by requiring being able to combine with every other scramble city combiner as either a foot or arm. when hasbro makes a combiner like predaking or devastator, you can see just how good they can be for a much more affordable price compared to third party. CW devs and predaking are really drat solid even without the third-party addon kits that further improve them.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

There's also that. I'm eager to see what the new Hasbro Menasor ends up looking like. And maybe Fans Toys will get theirs to the finish line someday.

Yeah, I've got Drag Strip on pre-order. Partly because while I think CW Menasor is fine, I'm not sold on Off-Road* and would much rather have lovable idiot Wildrider.

*I really liked Rook for the Protectobots, if that helps.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, I've got Drag Strip on pre-order. Partly because while I think CW Menasor is fine, I'm not sold on Off-Road* and would much rather have lovable idiot Wildrider.

I thought they brought out Wildrider in the west - they just called it Brakeneck due to losing the trademark.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
DX9 Menasor is ugly as poo poo and it amazes me people didn't demand their money back when they saw it. Poseable, sure, but I don't think there's a single part of it I don't hate looking at.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TaurusOxford posted:

I thought they brought out Wildrider in the west - they just called it Brakeneck due to losing the trademark.

Huh. Apparently he was, the same way they released a shuttle version of Blast Off instead of his Aerialbot redeco but I was apparently never aware of it. I'm guessing Unite Warriors?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dawgstar posted:

Huh. Apparently he was, the same way they released a shuttle version of Blast Off instead of his Aerialbot redeco but I was apparently never aware of it. I'm guessing Unite Warriors?

Just double-checked, and nope, came out for Combiner Wars at the same time Slingshot came out as Quickslinger.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Came out in the Prime Wars bit in a windowed box with a Prime Master included in.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
3 of the 4 Beast Wars reissues are on discount at Walmart. Grabbed them for 36 bucks total. I'll grab rattrap too when he goes discount.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TaurusOxford posted:

Just double-checked, and nope, came out for Combiner Wars at the same time Slingshot came out as Quickslinger.

Yeah, I just never saw him I guess. OR Slingshot, unfortunately.

I'll add them to my lamentation pile with the Coneheads.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They re-released Cliff jumper and Kup in the Bumblebee line, I would not be surprised to see Hasbro expand that or do a Studio Series based on the show. Lots of potential reissues there.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

They re-released Cliff jumper and Kup in the Bumblebee line, I would not be surprised to see Hasbro expand that or do a Studio Series based on the show. Lots of potential reissues there.

I missed out on Earthrise Cliffjumper because I kept expecting him to pegwarm and get clearanced, or show up deeply discounted at Ollie's or Ross, but instead he was one of the few who became rare and appreciated in value. I might actually get this version, even though I don't like the opaque pastel blue windows.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I don't want any more combiners where you have to keep the hands and feet off to the side somewhere. We've moved past that, you could have made those part of the transformation sequence

Dx9 Devastator does a really cool thing where Hook's crane arm folds up and out and turns into the wing on Devastator's chest, and the elbows and forearms are built into Bonecrusher and Scrapper, but then the hands are separate pieces

They had the ball at the line but they hosed up at the whistle

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

flavor.flv posted:

I don't want any more combiners where you have to keep the hands and feet off to the side somewhere. We've moved past that, you could have made those part of the transformation sequence

Dx9 Devastator does a really cool thing where Hook's crane arm folds up and out and turns into the wing on Devastator's chest, and the elbows and forearms are built into Bonecrusher and Scrapper, but then the hands are separate pieces

They had the ball at the line but they hosed up at the whistle

Ocular Max baybee

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sERNlOzFf2g

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Joe Fisto posted:

3 of the 4 Beast Wars reissues are on discount at Walmart. Grabbed them for 36 bucks total. I'll grab rattrap too when he goes discount.

Rattrap WAS on discount, they apparently delivered him separately in a Walmart bag that was stolen in the 15 minutes it took for me to come downstairs to the first door.

Weird, nobody steals from my front porch when it's a box. Rattrap was just too alluring, I guess.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Caved and bought Draculus when I saw him at Target today. Would never have bought him on his own, but he looks good with Mindwipe and Convobat. I’ll take some pictures when I have them all in bat mode together.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I'll wait for the OSKO Draculus to go with my OSKOMW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I just realized, if we've now got a toy of robot Dracula there needs to be a little Dr McNinja action figure to surf him back to Earth