Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lol rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Brother Make posted:

End of Page 59

:kingsley: :chanpop: :kingsley:

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

.... unless you apologize really nicely!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

NEET status: restored

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Brother Make posted:

End of Page 59

Welp

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Brother Make posted:

End of Page 59

But why fire a person from general affairs and hr?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Mr. Miura, sir, that's not how we do things here. You have to think about how much you love firing for 26 panels first.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Really want a deep dive into this guy's inner life.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Yet another timeline where Tohru's life ends up hosed because of his self destructive urge to confess.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Quick! NEET and Izawa! Use your team up attack! It's the only way!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Lol that Tohru once again owns himself and this time he accidentally convinced Izawa to own himself too

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Merry Christmas!

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

We are going to find out that the person who said they were fired doesn’t have authority to fire them and this is a good cop, bad cop thing to scare them.

Cobra Lionfist
Jun 4, 2013
Cut to "several months pass" and he's back at square one living with his folks

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Can't be a NEET if he's Employed, that's one of the letters!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

"Mr. Nii getting physically thrown out of the building and scrambling to pick up his pens and other various items off the sidewalk... cute."

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cobra Lionfist posted:

Cut to "several months pass" and he's back at square one living with his folks

Loops right back to the auto-annihilate timeline

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I wonder if it were Neet alone if they still woulda gotten fired or if it woulda been swept under the rug. His work performance is good and strategy guides for bosses seems less like a leak/spoiler.

But then one of the worst performers jumps into it and went way further with secret boss leaks so they feel like they have to fire them both to send a message.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Come on Tohru, play the Opposite Day card it's your only hope!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

I wonder if it were Neet alone if they still woulda gotten fired or if it woulda been swept under the rug. His work performance is good and strategy guides for bosses seems less like a leak/spoiler.

But then one of the worst performers jumps into it and went way further with secret boss leaks so they feel like they have to fire them both to send a message.

the supervisor seemed to be leaning that way (and was concerned about the exact content of the spoilers they each posted), and Izawa also read the situation the same, so yeah.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

BigBadSteve posted:

Yet another timeline where Tohru's life ends up hosed because of his self destructive urge to confess.

I really love how this is a consistent point to his character.

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah this was my reading of it too, he maybe would have gotten a stern talking to, written up at most, but now they gotta clamp down on it to set a precedent.

Assuming this isn't just some fake out, it's gunna be reeeaaal hard for NEET to get a new job in the game industry. Getting fired for breaking NDA is a pretty huge red flag. In theory he could lie about the reason he was fired, but if they call to confirm he'd be hosed, and also NEET would probably confess the truth and get fired again anyways.

Also oh poo poo, if he does get fired, I wonder if he and/or Izawa will post spoilers about not-smash-bros out of spite?

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Dang, I feel genuinely sorry for NEET now.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

same :(

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
I'm still holding out hope for this to be just the start of his sentence, and it ending with "...is what I'd say if you hadn't admitted to what you did."

I think Japanese is a language where sentences have reversed structures compared to english, it's still possible!

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

I'm still holding out hope for this to be just the start of his sentence, and it ending with "...is what I'd say if you hadn't admitted to what you did."

I think Japanese is a language where sentences have reversed structures compared to english, it's still possible!

Yeah this is what I think will happen. Japanese lets you turn any sentence into a quote by following it up with a specific marker word which doesn't translate very well to English.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
there's also the classic NEET move "...or at least that was what Tohru thought would happen"

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Aardvark! posted:

i can't believe the wig really is going to be the twist omfg

fukken lol if oda whips off the disguise before round 2

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

edit: fixed grammar

Mackerel Cornflake fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 20, 2021

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Auras are stored in the balls

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
I can't believe this comic has made me feel sympathy for a psychic whose fraud might be exposed but goddamn if I don't kind of want to see Enami somehow outwit everyone and pull this off

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Devils Affricate posted:

Auras are stored in the balls

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Jesus, 5 hairs at once

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I would ask what they expected, but then I remembered this is probably their first and only job.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Magissima posted:

I can't believe this comic has made me feel sympathy for a psychic whose fraud might be exposed but goddamn if I don't kind of want to see Enami somehow outwit everyone and pull this off

Due to Japanese Maury's need for controversy, Enami will successfully spot everyone's auras, but then Yoriko will come out and reveal the method to everyone while the audience hoots and hollers.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Umbreon posted:

Jesus, 5 hairs at once

He's getting fired for all the hairs he leaves around the place

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
he's like a tarantula, those hairs are a defense mechanism. if the guy from general affairs gets one in his eye he is in for a world of hurt.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

pnumoman posted:

I would ask what they expected, but then I remembered this is probably their first and only job.

Firing them outright seems a bit harsh, especially NEET who only posted help requests from a playthrough, not dev spoilers. (Presuming that the NDA ended when the game was released.)

Let's hope that Amanuma leads a workplace protest to save NEET at least.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

the holy poopacy posted:

he's like a tarantula, those hairs are a defense mechanism. if the guy from general affairs gets one in his eye he is in for a world of hurt.

As someone who has handled a few tarantulas in his time, I can confirm the urticating hairs itch like a bitch. She was a very sweet and docile spider but I handled her for museum visitors quite often and a few hairs got dislodged involuntarily while she was walking around on my arm. Getting them in soft tissue would be an absolute nightmare. Like eating a prickly pear without peelin' the skin first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Millionaire Monday
Oct 4, 2021

The Daily Life of a
Certain (Ex-Con) Millionaire
begins!

Translator's Notes:

As near as I can tell the branch manager is referencing a Japanese banking law that was passed in 2004. I'm not sure what the English equivalent of a "deposit for settlement" account is, or if it's just a nebulous term invented by lawmakers. Apologies for any confusion.