Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Grevlek posted:

if Max > Lewis this season, and Merc > Redbull, I believe the transitive property means Big Valt > Checo

Seems so. Bottas is better than Danny Ric, too. Seems the real experts don't fall into the trap of thinking, "This guy is likeable, so he must be an excellent F1 driver."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Big Nando came back in swinging

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

goons! did you know that air fryers are just tiny convection ovens???? you can't really fry things without oil

not even michael masi could circumvent these rules

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I ended in the top half of all S1 Fantasy leagues I entered with my fire-and-forget picks pre-season so that's nice.

marshalljim posted:

Seems so. Bottas is better than Danny Ric, too. Seems the real experts don't fall into the trap of thinking, "This guy is likeable, so he must be an excellent F1 driver."

How did Ocon steal this from 2022 WDC Sergio "Checo" Perez?

Zedd fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 20, 2021

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Do you really mean a nice automatic? Or do you mean an AP

A simple face that tells the time freed from the shackles of quartz corruption.

As far as AP go, they have a few faces in the CODE 11.59 that I'd wear in public, but nearly everything else is hideous. I'm also not a diver nor do I cosplay as one, so AP probably isn't the brand for me in the first place.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Full Collapse posted:

I'd like a nice automatic for the novelty.

Just buy a vostok amphibia, comrade

i've always just been a g-shock square guy and i'm trying hard not to succumb to watch obsession but im enamored with divers and picked up an ecodrive promaster to scratch that itch but foresee a future full of seiko turtles and vostoks and whatever affordable else i can get my hands one, send help

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

I like to listen to podcasts and music from my Apple Watch while running. At the time I bought it, the only thing I found that would seamlessly sync my podcasts between my phone and watch other than the Apple Watch with Overwatch (podcast app). Had tried a Garmin and it would play podcasts but not sync where I stopped/started. Same with the native Podcast App on Apple Watch. I assume things have gotten better in the past 8 months though.

Overcast is a hell of an app in any case if you like podcasts and have an iPhone/iPad.

LeeMajors posted:

Just buy a vostok amphibia, comrade

i've always just been a g-shock square guy and i'm trying hard not to succumb to watch obsession but im enamored with divers and picked up an ecodrive promaster to scratch that itch but foresee a future full of seiko turtles and vostoks and whatever affordable else i can get my hands one, send help

thanks for reminding me I need to get my Seiko Sumo serviced, I miss wearing it. also got a good square-face G-Shock with the quasi-bracelet on it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I have a Vostok and its quality makes me wonder how the gently caress the eastern bloc lasted as long as it did.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

italian quid posted:

I have a Vostok and its quality makes me wonder how the gently caress the eastern bloc lasted as long as it did.

you'll be rotting in a paupers grave long before that vostok stops ticking :ussr:

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

harperdc posted:

Overcast is a hell of an app in any case if you like podcasts and have an iPhone/iPad.

thanks for reminding me I need to get my Seiko Sumo serviced, I miss wearing it. also got a good square-face G-Shock with the quasi-bracelet on it.

Yeah Overcast is what I meant. It’s pretty great, but searching through/for old podcasts could be better.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

LeeMajors posted:

you'll be rotting in a paupers grave long before that vostok stops ticking :ussr:

you know my grandfather's friend had a Lada and they said the same thing about that but it was weird how my dad ended up working on it 4-5 times a year.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

italian quid posted:

you know my grandfather's friend had a Lada and they said the same thing about that but it was weird how my dad ended up working on it 4-5 times a year.

I bought the 1995 Toyota Corolla of divers so I wouldn't exactly know, just doing a little 'poo poo talkin'

Also, I'll probably snag one anyway because they're like 80 bucks and smell like sub diesel i imagine

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

When Latifi wins the WDC I will buy myself an Omega Moonwatch.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I really like my Samsung Galaxy Active2 smartwatch.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I've got a Garmin fenix and it rules. I think lando would agree with me.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Full Collapse posted:

I'd like a nice automatic for the novelty.

Same
Got a Tudor BB58 cause I’m not friends enough with the AD to get Rolex
Still love it though

Pablo Bluth posted:

Spa is a mecca everyone should visit at least once, even if not for F1.

The Dutch seem to be cool in general except on relation to Max so skip Zandboort.

Spa is so close to Zandvoort its basically all Dutch. Cool track though

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Spa probably has the best general admission options as well, though if I did it again I would just pay the extra for a covered grandstand and spend the time you'd otherwise put into staking out a good spot on a bank to wander around and do other things

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

We really need some sort of signifier for people who are earnestly Poois and Max fans. It's hard to separate the true believers from the trolls...

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

refleks posted:

We really need some sort of signifier for people who are earnestly Poois and Max fans. It's hard to separate the true believers from the trolls...

Great idea. I will change my av

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

refleks posted:

For the record I genuinely don't care about either of them other than hating Jos and saw this year as something to get out the way before Lando can start racing George as god intended.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

learnincurve posted:

For the record I genuinely don't care about either of them other than hating Jos and saw this year as something to get out the way before Lando can start racing George as god intended.

^^ this guy knows what's up

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

el plan

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

learnincurve posted:

agreed

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

learnincurve posted:

Yes but so we can watch the gasman.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

refleks posted:

After we figure out who’s sincere and who’s trolling we flip a coin and ban one half

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Dictator. posted:

Got a Tudor BB58 cause I’m not friends enough with the AD to get Rolex
Still love it though

That's a nice looking watch.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

refleks posted:

Lewis is GOAT OP.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Lucasar posted:

edit: lol what a snipe

:vince: this post is far too good for the worst thread holy hell well played Get In There Lucasar

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

refleks posted:

It’s the opposite of my avatar

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

refleks posted:

This is an incredibly dangerous post and this dangerous poster should be put on some kind of a watch list because separating the trolls would undermine the very foundations of this thread. There would be no up nor down, and no firmament amidst the waters. A terrifying anchorless universe

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

refleks posted:

A guy I know irl mentioned seeing a "max fan" in another thread and I told him I'm pretty sure if you have a driver as your avatar you don't support said driver.

And then he said well he had a different driver a few weeks ago and I assume he liked that driver.

It is confusing

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I love Maxwell Jacob Verstappen

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Grevlek posted:

I told him I'm pretty sure if you have a driver as your avatar you don't support said driver.

this is not true!

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

this is not true!

Agreed!

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Full Collapse posted:

That's a nice looking watch.