Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Feeling real sad about Lupin and sad about posting BCN today.

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is that last Curtis panel an edit?

She looks even more like a goldfish than usual

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I don't think so

Billingsley is having a weird problem drawing Michelle's eyes as not escaping her face lately

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

They actually do turn over just like that for a moment to do their business. Nature beat you to the joke.

The Family Circus

:patriot::respek::catholic:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

:patriot::respek::catholic:

Ok this comic is almost certainly morphing into surrealist leftist shitposting. I might write an effort post about this soon.

e. whether intentionally or by horseshoe theory

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Docks

Retail

Popcom

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
I guess even Cat News can be bad news sometimes :(

Vintage Valiant (Nov. 07, 1948)

"Freedom is only for those who earn it" oh no Hal please don't

Medenmath fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 20, 2021

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Do they really sell $400 dresses at department stores? I'd have thought they would top out at like $150 max

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

plainswalker75 posted:

Do they really sell $400 dresses at department stores? I'd have thought they would top out at like $150 max

Just looked at Macy's, plenty of selection in the $300-500 range.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think he means it in exactly the way a feudal lordling would mean it. The lack of leadership will kill them, because authority and firm leadership is necessary in the feudal mindset. If these serfs go free without having preplanned to go free they're just going to murder each other as they resolve old grudges. That is an inefficient waste of serfpower.

Either that or he's displaying some hella :magical: authorial belief.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

goatface posted:

I think he means it in exactly the way a feudal lordling would mean it. The lack of leadership will kill them, because authority and firm leadership is necessary in the feudal mindset. If these serfs go free without having preplanned to go free they're just going to murder each other as they resolve old grudges. That is an inefficient waste of serfpower.

Hal Foster does a great job of narrating the world that Val lives in and it would be a mistake to think that it's the author's own opinions.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

goatface posted:

Stultus Maximus posted:

Hal Foster does a great job of narrating the world that Val lives in and it would be a mistake to think that it's the author's own opinions.

Oh yeah, it's almost certainly supposed to be what Val thinks rather than the author revealing some unpleasant personal belief, but I think this is a case where I prefer the modern strip having Val go "Democracy huh, well if it works that sounds okay I guess."

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Medenmath posted:

Oh yeah, it's almost certainly supposed to be what Val thinks rather than the author revealing some unpleasant personal belief, but I think this is a case where I prefer the modern strip having Val go "Democracy huh, well if it works that sounds okay I guess."

The modern strip has Val with 30-40 more years of experiences.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

CommonShore posted:

Ok this comic is almost certainly morphing into surrealist leftist shitposting. I might write an effort post about this soon.

Dunno. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts because I'm not so sure. I've seen far too much Christian nation/prayer in school rhetoric cloaked in "kids say the darndest things" talk that I'm jaded.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Blueberry: I'm LOVING the rifle barrel being through the letters of the onomatopoeia, or In a great turnabout, it's Blueberry who has to get rescued from near death!, or Now, if there is an actual Superstition Mountains that is a holy place for Apache peoples, I couldn't say for certain (and I'd be inclined to think there ISN'T such a place), and neither can I say for certain what the typical traditions and rituals there are about such places - for they do exist and, with depressing relevance to this story and without being a goddamn loving surprise, the U.S. Government is willing to sell it off for exploitative mining, see Chíchʼil Bił Dagoteel/Chéchʼil Bił Dahoteel/Oak Flat

So, just to give a head's up - with the holiday season coming up, I cannot guarantee updates to be as regular - I may be able to put 'em up, but cannae say for certain that I will. Hope you don't hold that against me come the new year!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Alhazred posted:

The Phantom really should be more protective of his brand.
He's actually very protective of it.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

That 'intangible something'? Mary's meddling.

You have been chosen Estelle. You are with Wilbur whether you like it or not.

The Phantom

It would be pretty funny if this was just an endless stream of Phantom almost dying and then saying "That's how I go?" and Mozz replying, "Keep reading, Oh Ghost!"

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

NONE OF THIS WORKS THIS WAY

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Strontium posted:

Daddy Daze

Gross.

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

That 'intangible something'? Mary's meddling.

You have been chosen Estelle. You are with Wilbur whether you like it or not.

drat. Straight out saying that what Estelle actually wants in a partner has nothing to do with this. Stone cold bitch.

Uh, lady? Gunther followed his previous girlfriend to South America and stayed there for like a year or something.* We're a little beyond "how cute babby's first date my little guy is growing up too fast" territory. He even grew rebellion stubble to show off what a big boy he was.

*yet somehow never got laid, apparently. Sad!

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

"Eto" are the first two syllables of the mnemonic used in Japan to remember the order the animals in the Chinese zodiac come in.

ChaCha Chako: new chapter!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth

goatface posted:

They're not serfs, they're men-at-arms. Which, considering their leadership, means they're a bunch of bully-boys with no talents or opportunities except violence. Lacking any leadership, they'd plunder the castle, kill anyone in their way, and head out into the world as bandits. With competent and principled leadership, they can potentially be molded into trustworthy soldiers. When they've proven that they can follow orders without deserting or pillaging, then they will have earned the right to be considered trustworthy men. Until then, the only way to keep them in check is via bullying.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Cobalt-60 posted:

kill anyone in their way
That's starting with Val in this situation, by the way, so he's got even more of an incentive to let modern social sensibilities fall under the table.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Julet Esqu posted:

Gross.

drat. Straight out saying that what Estelle actually wants in a partner has nothing to do with this. Stone cold bitch.

Uh, lady? Gunther followed his previous girlfriend to South America and stayed there for like a year or something.* We're a little beyond "how cute babby's first date my little guy is growing up too fast" territory. He even grew rebellion stubble to show off what a big boy he was.

*yet somehow never got laid, apparently. Sad!

I find it impossible to believe that Gunther's mom has never heard that expression before.

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Olivia can't be this self-aware can she?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

:allears:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Shut the gently caress up, Kelley.

CommonShore posted:

I want whatever your micro dosing, that poo poo is straight faced religiopatriotism(?).
Your post could be entertaining tho so go off.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

MyronMulch posted:

Olivia can't be this self-aware can she?

its literally the joke

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "452 - Jucika's Spring Spell" NSFW Fuckin'

Considering the date it was printed I'm pretty sure this is just a really passionate pash session but I also decided to err on the side of caution with NSFWing strips cause I never want anyone to have to explain to their boss why they have a crush on half-nude Hungarian girls. It should be self-explanatory, after all. ALSO:

"453 - Jucika On A Slippery Road"

Still Str 18.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 21, 2021

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (April 10, 1934)

Peanuts (January 2, 1975...jumping way ahead because...reasons.)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (July 21, 1938)

Out Our Way (November 29-December 1, 1937)

Toonerville Folks (June 17-19, 1918)

Dok's "Easily Negotiable Terms" Duck (November 23, 1913)

Little Lefty (October 17-19, 1935)

Blondie (From Zero) (June 8-10, 1931)

Out Our Way At Christmas (December 18, 24-25, 1929)

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! January 14, 1919

Outbursts of Everett True January 21, 1919

Gay and Her Gang January 29, 1930

Oaky Doaks June 30, 1936

Mopsy September 7, 1937

Up Front October 11, 1944

Dark Laughter April 8, 1950

So It Seems March 13, 1952

Those Were the Days October 24, 1957

Wee Pals March 22, 1966

Dogbert October 10, 1966

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth

Topical?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1979 comics

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Mandrake

Johnny Hazard

90s Overboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Slammy posted:

Up Front October 11, 1944

He's making fun of paratroopers. Being more or less elite they were pulled from the front somewhat quicker than "foot" infantry. Certainly by october they had been pulled from Market Garden and would be refitted and waiting their next jump/assignment while Aachen would be a total meat grinder for regular infantry.