Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Sadly there’s like a 100% chance Trump wins if he actually runs and I may just have to start taking recreational ketamine at that point just to withstand another 4 years of that dumb motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
twitter is poison, I keep seeing people say WV shouldn't receive any more federal aid as if it'll hurt Manchin at all

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Trump is almost certainly the least bad option as far as Republicans winning in '24 goes.

Lazy bitch wants to shitpost and golf and doesn't get along with anyone, beats the hell out of the other options.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

lmao, BBC. He is related, a nephew I think. Unsurprisingly he's an actual fascist. A Falangist, like Franco's Spain.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

Trump is almost certainly the least bad option as far as Republicans winning in '24 goes.

Lazy bitch wants to shitpost and golf and doesn't get along with anyone, beats the hell out of the other options.

He'll spend the first year of the presidency fighting twitter over whether or not his account is reinstated

e: hey we're doing this again I guess

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1472949940464889866

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

We keep saying that as if Trump wasn't an empty suit used to sign legislation the rest of those vampires want anyway.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Its Rinaldo posted:

We keep saying that as if Trump wasn't an empty suit used to sign legislation the rest of those vampires want anyway.

Yeah that post was eerily similar to a lot of the hypothesizing about what kind of president Trump would be in the run-up to ("Donald the Dove") and immediate aftermath of ("he was a Democrat for a long time, he had to say a lot of crazy poo poo to get elected and won't be that crazy as president, etc.") the election. And even though he and his chucklefuck brigade managed to bungle a lot of the poo poo they wanted to do, they still did an unfathomable amount of horrible, horrible poo poo.

gently caress that guy, gently caress the irrevocable damage he would do with another presidency, and gently caress the Democratic Party for making it a virtual guarantee he or someone very similar to him will win in 2024.

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 20, 2021

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Biden is doing the same thing so Uh sure

Doing what exactly? Why would Biden want his signature bill to die? If he didn’t want BBB, why did Biden even propose it in the first place.

I do think that Biden and most Dems want this to pass in at least some form. A lot of them voted for the CARES act, and the BBB is taking a lot of those provisions and making them permanent. It’s popular stuff.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Its Rinaldo posted:

Yes, he wants and does terrible things.... poorly and lazily. Many of his executive orders failed in court, and despite the court literally telling him how to resubmit it so it would be legal, he failed to do so.

Any other republican would do all the same poo poo, but even marginally more competently, which would be worse.

And like the things people truly hated him for, the concentration camps and destroying the post office and completely botching covid are just poo poo the Dems are on board with. It's loving infuriating, but at least Trump blubbering into a Microphone about how Nancy Pelosi is a dusty old bitch would make libs as miserable as I am.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Except nobody has the unwavering cult Trump does. If they do something unpopular they don't have the magic conversion field surrounding them that will make people suddenly think it's great. They're happy to turn on anybody else the moment they do things they don't like.

Empowering that cult is Bad.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 20, 2021

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I really don't want any Republican back as president because lots of people suffer. Yea, the Dems aren't really doing anything about reversing the bad poo poo at the border, but they're also not out there implementing bans on Muslim countries, which Trump did eventually get done. Dems aren't out there trying to undermine what democracy we have left. Dems aren't going out there and encouraging their voters to attack journalists, or really anyone they don't agree with. I really, really want a half-way decent president, and while the chances of us getting one with a Dem is like 20%, our chances with a Republican are 0%. I'm not really sure accelerationism is going to work. If the last 2 years didn't make a big of an impact, what will aside from the total collapse of society, and I'd rather not live through that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm not saying it's good a Republican's going to win in '24, I just expect it to happen, and of the options, Trump's probably the one with the least bad outcomes, because that's how hosed we are.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

I'm not saying it's good a Republican's going to win in '24, I just expect it to happen, and of the options, Trump's probably the one with the least bad outcomes, because that's how hosed we are.

Is it bad to hope that Jeb! has a comeback instead?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I really don't want any Republican back as president because lots of people suffer. Yea, the Dems aren't really doing anything about reversing the bad poo poo at the border, but they're also not out there implementing bans on Muslim countries, which Trump did eventually get done.

Uhmm?
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...s-disease-2019/
No we're just imposing travel bans on African countries.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

Is it bad to hope that Jeb! has a comeback instead?

Jeb! giving the speech to 100,000 followers that puts the final nail in the coffin for the Republic.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Don't worry, no one's gonna vote for Turmp now
https://twitter.com/NoSpinNews/status/1472934353583984641?t=8tIv5pFPW6s1BftQ6aRftg&s=19

Pretty brutal own-goal if you ask me.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Uhmm?
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...s-disease-2019/
No we're just imposing travel bans on African countries.

Do you really think Biden would impose a travel ban on South Africa without COVID? Trump tried to implement his bans like three months into office and for the express purpose of keeping muslims out.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

C-Euro posted:

Don't worry, no one's gonna vote for Turmp now
https://twitter.com/NoSpinNews/status/1472934353583984641?t=8tIv5pFPW6s1BftQ6aRftg&s=19

Pretty brutal own-goal if you ask me.

They aren't gonna care on election day. He got booed when he said the vaccine is good at that other rally and people still wear MAGA hats. He literally has admitted to sexual assault and people who have been brain poisoned by Qanon still love him.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Do you really think Biden would impose a travel ban on South Africa without COVID? Trump tried to implement his bans like three months into office and for the express purpose of keeping muslims out.

Biden's career was built on imposing travel bans

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

South Africa traced the outbreak to visiting European diplomats.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Skwirl posted:

They aren't gonna care on election day. He got booed when he said the vaccine is good at that other rally and people still wear MAGA hats. He literally has admitted to sexual assault and people who have been brain poisoned by Qanon still love him.

It's a joke, Trump will absolutely get the nom if he wants it, but also anti-Trump sentiment is a hell of a driver to the polls.

I do wonder what 2024's turnout will look like between COVID death, voter suppression, Dems inspiring negative confidence in their voters and Trump whipping every voter into their own specific frenzy. Gonna be interesting but extremely depressing I'm sure!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Can’t wait for the Trump 2024 NFT collection

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I liked the time when this thread (And really the world at large) wasn’t 75% “TRUMP TRUMP DID YOU SEE WHAT STUPID poo poo HE DID TRUMP TRUMP”, so I never want to see his Cheeto face ever again.

Also I (re)pulled a muscle in my neck/upper back (Going right down my shoulder blade) and it’s killing me, somebody please send me heavy narcotics and/or a massage therapist TIA.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Toaster Beef posted:

gently caress the Democratic Party for making it a virtual guarantee he or someone very similar to him will win in 2024.

That someone is Ron DeSantis and yeah, not any better.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

dirty shrimp money posted:

That someone is Ron DeSantis and yeah, not any better.

gently caress DeSantis.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

dirty shrimp money posted:

That someone is Tucker Carlson and yeah, not any better.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

May I included my misassembled dog in this mix?

the Origami Dog

LeeMajors posted:

Ironically, his death was on a roped, partnered climb from an avalanche, presumably. I kept thinking he was going to die on Torre Egger. Alpinism is just a precarious way to live but he definitely seemed to accept the risks and you can’t live life much harder or fuller than than he did. Great doc.

Was it roped? The doc didn't seem to say but perhaps it was. Yeah I thought maybe he'd get hit by falling ice or fall WITH falling ice, but an avalanche is another thing that happens constantly on steep alpine mountains and always has to be a concern. In the last photo of him you can actually see how thick the deep was on the peak, and it had that weighty, thick quality on top where it's partially frozen, which are conditions likely to cause avalanches.

drat man I did more damage just barely clipping a post in the parking structure at my apartment. Guess you hosed up by slowing down so much but nicely done at least for getting mostly out of the way, and sparing yourself a serious accident.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fartknocker posted:

I liked the time when this thread (And really the world at large) wasn’t 75% “TRUMP TRUMP DID YOU SEE WHAT STUPID poo poo HE DID TRUMP TRUMP”, so I never want to see his Cheeto face ever again.

Also I (re)pulled a muscle in my neck/upper back (Going right down my shoulder blade) and it’s killing me, somebody please send me heavy narcotics and/or a massage therapist TIA.

Yeah I can do without another 4 years of doom scrolling about the end of days because trump tweeted about north korea sucking.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yeah, Joe Biden sucks, but I can go days without actively thinking about him. That was not a thing during Trump.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

I really don't want any Republican back as president because lots of people suffer. Yea, the Dems aren't really doing anything about reversing the bad poo poo at the border, but they're also not out there implementing bans on Muslim countries, which Trump did eventually get done. Dems aren't out there trying to undermine what democracy we have left. Dems aren't going out there and encouraging their voters to attack journalists, or really anyone they don't agree with. I really, really want a half-way decent president, and while the chances of us getting one with a Dem is like 20%, our chances with a Republican are 0%. I'm not really sure accelerationism is going to work. If the last 2 years didn't make a big of an impact, what will aside from the total collapse of society, and I'd rather not live through that.

Dems just actively undermine any real attempts at stopping republicans or improving things. It's really a debate between if you prefer Pontius Pilate or Judas. You know Pontius is an unfeeling prick who'll kill you but he doesnt pretend to be your friend before selling you down the river.

The Dems will of course get slaughtered for doing what they do best; absolutely gently caress-all. i gotta say if you're giving me a choice between Desantis (or Tucker or some other fascicst) or Trump them I'm hoping for Trump 2.0 so the system will finally collapse in on itself and we can stop this disgusting charade.

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, Joe Biden sucks, but I can go days without actively thinking about him. That was not a thing during Trump.

coincidentally biden also goes days without thinking.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

So the system collapsing is somehow going to be a good thing? It’s going to be the fascists running things which I really don’t want. I’d rather deal with this current poo poo than the fascists.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

So the system collapsing is somehow going to be a good thing? It’s going to be the fascists running things which I really don’t want. I’d rather deal with this current poo poo than the fascists.

Right? It's like having a small kitchen fire and going "Well, it's a fire, might as well watch the house burn down."

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

ill take the devil i dont know. im tired of watching people i care about be ground up to enrich a few billionaires and geriatric politicians while we steadily slide into fascism. maybe thats where we still end up with a collapse, but gently caress ill take the slim shot that we get anything else

to me its not a small fire, it's us being driven off a cliff while everyone tells me to stay calm and stop questioning the respected assholes holding the wheel and hammering the accelerator.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 20, 2021

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Yeeeeah, without knowing the life and background of everybody who may say it I'll stop short of calling it white privilege but there is absolutely a certain naïveté to going full accelerationist. There are enormous swathes of people whose ethnicities, genders, religions, or sexual preferences mean their lives will immediately be made far, far worse—if not straight-up endangered—by a Republican president who's backed by a Republican legislature open-palm slamming the fascism button. I loving hate Democratic leadership as much as the next guy, but there's a huge gap between the garbage we have now and How Bad it Can Really Get.

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 20, 2021

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Relentlessboredomm posted:

ill take the devil i dont know. im tired of watching people i care about be ground up to enrich a few billionaires and geriatric politicians while we steadily slide into fascism. maybe thats where we still end up with a collapse, but gently caress ill take the slim shot that we get anything else

Not entirely certain I'd classify the Republicans/Trump as "the devil I don't know."

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Trump felt like the accelerationist candidate and, well... having the US experience him didn't exactly make us go "yikes, we need to rapidly fix this quickly" so I'm starting to think accelerationism doesn't work, and actively harms people more than lovely moderate incremental improvements.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Don’t blame me, I voted for Kodo

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Toaster Beef posted:

Yeeeeah, without knowing the life and background of everybody who may say it I'll stop short of calling it white privilege but there is absolutely a certain naïveté to going full accelerationist. There are enormous swathes of people whose ethnicities, genders, religions, or sexual preferences mean their lives will immediately be made far, far worse—if not straight-up endangered—by a Republican president who's backed by a Republican legislature open-palm slamming the fascism button. I loving hate Democratic leadership as much as the next guy, but there's a huge gap between the garbage we have now and How Bad it Can Really Get.

1. i have zero power, so my being accelerationist is the same value as my being a hardcore democrat, absolutely loving nothing. ]

2. *looks at the state of reproductive rights under a dem controlled legislature and president* yep, truly the status quo will stop all those horrible things you listed from happening

look, i get its comforting to believe the ship will right itself somehow and suddenly all the truly horrifying things that are building will be solved but im not that sort of optimist so you'll forgive me for looking for any other solution

fsif posted:

Not entirely certain I'd classify the Republicans/Trump as "the devil I don't know."

was referring to a full collapse. they're just status quo. the current system guarantees they'll be back in power within 1-2 cycles. im saying perhaps it'd be better if the system was broken

seiferguy posted:

Trump felt like the accelerationist candidate and, well... having the US experience him didn't exactly make us go "yikes, we need to rapidly fix this quickly" so I'm starting to think accelerationism doesn't work, and actively harms people more than lovely moderate incremental improvements.

please point me to these incremental improvements bc as far as i can tell things, on the whole, have just steadily been degrading my whole life. also idk, the storming of the capitol building seemed like things are moving faster than they were

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 20, 2021

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

. Yea, the Dems aren't really doing anything

You could have just stopped here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Remember, we all need to vote blue to protect America from Republicans but also we can't implement any of those protections because then the (imaginary) moderate Republicans won't vote blue.