Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

I made a little something. Woo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
If that long shot hit I would have bought everyone who ever posted picks in this thread a Christmas gift.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
God drat it pena I wanted a Christmas gift.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

jase1 posted:

If that long shot hit I would have bought everyone who ever posted picks in this thread a Christmas gift.

inshallh one day brother.

OOC I'm not sure if you use a bookie or a web site by if you hit that kind of a bet on a bookie, do they just pay that? seems nuts

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

inshallh one day brother.

OOC I'm not sure if you use a bookie or a web site by if you hit that kind of a bet on a bookie, do they just pay that? seems nuts

I bet it with my bookie and he would have just paid it. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes that amount on just one nfl game he has some pretty high-profile clients that bet way more money than I do.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

jase1 posted:

I bet it with my bookie and he would have just paid it. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes that amount on just one nfl game he has some pretty high-profile clients that bet way more money than I do.

that's crazy to me. i need to get a book on bookies or something

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
https://twitter.com/br_betting/status/1472620578154631176
Didn't know you could pull up early.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

offshores are the wild west. we commonly get people asking if they can bail out for a lower payout if the last game hasnt started yet. In Vegas, you cannot.

e: wait, thats from FanDuel?

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 20, 2021

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

black beast was a dog in that fight? yeesh, i should have finally put some money down had i known that

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Eat This Glob posted:

black beast was a dog in that fight? yeesh, i should have finally put some money down had i known that

He was and I thought about it too but didn't act on it.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Why is Gane favored in this fight? I’m placing a pretty large bet and just curious the backstory.

My wife and I will also be at the event and I was able to get some great tickets.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

jase1 posted:

Why is Gane favored in this fight? I’m placing a pretty large bet and just curious the backstory.

My wife and I will also be at the event and I was able to get some great tickets.

Many people think Gane is too technical. They think its going to go the way Lewis v Gane went. I disagree but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

jase1 posted:

Gane's a champion kickboxer, has the best technical striking at heavyweight and his last fight against Derrick Lewis was a total one-sided dismantling so that's fresh in everyone's mind.

Gane DOES have really good distance control, it's very feasible he could keep Ngannou at the end of his strikes and wear him down/outpoint him, he's good enough to do it, but the last time everyone said that about an undefeated 10-0 champion kickboxer it was Jairzinho Rozenstruik and Ngannou flatlined him in twenty seconds by charging at him facefirst while windmilling his arms like Bart Simpson, so

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Gane's striking, timing and distance control may be the best of any heavyweight MMA fighter ever. Low bar to clear, etc, but he's real good. He also fights patiently and intelligently and has good cardio. He humiliated Lewis (who has somewhat less power than Ngannou but also somewhat better techinque) and made it look easy. It also seems to me that Ngannou may be taking Gane lightly and is looking past him, which admittedly may or may not be the case. Nevertheless, I see a late TKO for Gane as a very real possibility.

Then again, I'm the moron who thought Rozenstruik, the 10-0 MMA striker with almost 90 pro kickboxing fights, would be cognizant of the concept of circling when facing the literal Juggernaut, when his game plan actually was to stand rooted to the ground, hands down and break Ngannous fists with his face, so what the gently caress do I know.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

20k on ngannou

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Also, I think part of it might just be that Gane looks like a legitimate heavyweight, being tall and muscular instead of being fat (every other HW in the UFC) or having the proportions of a 5'8" man scaled up to 6'3" (Stipe)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

jase1 posted:

20k on ngannou

o7

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

jase1 posted:

20k on ngannou

Godspeed

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

jase1 posted:

20k on ngannou

o7

I put 50 on so thank u jase

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

When I die I expect this thread to keep my name forever.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

You will never die

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i had :five: on Davison + Ngannou

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jase won

please mail me $1000

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

jase1 posted:

20k on ngannou

hell yeah.

i had $7 in my DraftKings account but couldn't get past their location poo poo. was very surprised as well to see Francis as a dog at all

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

Ngannou channeling his inner Matt Hughes was not something I saw coming. Grats, Jase :)

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Threw down $5 on Bobby/Tai/Roxanne parlay and $5 on Bobby

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

10k on lewis @ -185

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
STAND

AND

BANG

TWENTY

TWENTY

TWO

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

jase1 posted:

10k on lewis @ -185

Jase curse strikes yet again

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

What a fight

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

I can't find it now, but he won a title before joining the UFC with the exact same move.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Freudian slippers posted:

I can't find it now, but he won a title before joining the UFC with the exact same move.

https://twitter.com/grabaka_hitman/status/1492726036844404741?s=21

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
not sure where else to post this, but I know all the degenerates love gambling in this thread, so, the old lady and I threw some parlays on The Big Game:

the old lady posted:

Wager:
$3.00
To Pay: $1,203.00

Same Game Parlay

7 Picks
+40000

CIN Bengals -5.5
ALTERNATE SPREAD

Under 38.5
ALTERNATE TOTAL POINTS

CIN Bengals
RACE TO 5 POINTS

1st Half
HIGHEST SCORING HALF

CIN Bengals
1ST QUARTER (3 WAY)

Yes
SCORELESS QUARTER

LA Rams
TEAM TO LOSE A FUMBLE

and mine is:

me posted:

Wager:
$4.22
To Pay: $257.42

Same Game Parlay

10 Picks
+6000

LA Rams
RACE TO 5 POINTS

Odell Beckham Jr.
ANYTIME TOUCHDOWN SCORER
Passing TDs are not included

LA Rams
1ST HALF (3 WAY)

LA Rams
1ST QUARTER (3 WAY)

Over 249.5
MATTHEW STAFFORD PASSING YARDS

Over 49.5
ODELL BECKHAM JR. RECEIVING YARDS

LA Rams
RACE TO 15 POINTS

LA Rams
RACE TO 20 POINTS

5+
LA RAMS SACKS MADE

LA Rams -7.5
ALTERNATE SPREAD

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

You can also post it in the sports gambling thread here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3955118&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=21

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

thanks boss

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

not sure where else to post this, but I know all the degenerates love gambling in this thread, so, the old lady and I threw some parlays on The Big Game:

and mine is:

You were pretty close, really

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

That's the ticket. Dude's got himself a finishing move.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

DeimosRising posted:

You were pretty close, really

i was happy. i thought the Rams were gonna run away with it and sack Burrow a bunch. parlays are fun

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

This of course is my favorite thread ever so I figured I would share this here first because regardless of who wants to see me lose or who wants me to win it was always a loving blast.

I have successfully beaten cancer twice in my life I was diagnosed with Bladder cancer about 4 or 5 years ago and it was so small they were able to get rid of it pretty quickly then a few years later it came back and it again was cleared up after treatment. I have been diagnosed a 3rd time now and because of where it is and how far it has spread it's terminal. I have roughly 4-5 months to live with the chemo there is like a 1% chance to live maybe a year or longer. I have already started very aggressive chemo which is pretty terrible and I honestly don't know how the gently caress anyone can take that for long periods of time it's brutal. I struggled for a few weeks wondering if I would ever say anything on here about this but I didn't want to get so sick to the point that I couldn't post anymore and just disappear and I wanted to share my feelings about this community and my therapist and wife bought convinced me to talk about it.

I remember the first time I saw a link to a thread on SA I can't quite remember the full context but some guy had done something hosed up and a goon called their house and ratted him out to his mom. I may be wrong on the details but whatever it was I was fascinated and from then on I was hooked. I remember debating with my cousin if I should spend the money or not to join and he told me it was stupid. Turned out to be the best decision I ever made. I learned everything about the internet from SA from the weird to the creepy but most of all the humor is what has kept me around. It has guided me over the years and shaped who I am from my politics to the games I play and even my gambling and how I watch sports. Even though it gets a poo poo ton of grief right now D&D helped me stay informed on what was going on in the political world. SAS gave me everything I wanted in a forum from football to wrestling I could get my fix and learn about all of them. PYF had some of my favorite threads back in the day. TCC taught me how to make edibles and QCS has some of the best entertainment this forum has to offer. I don't post very much I use SA more as a vast resource space where I can find out an answer to any question I have. It's the only place on the internet I have consistently been a part of for the last 15 years. I appreciate this community more than I could ever express and I am glad it seems to be in good hands and things are changing for the better. I hope long after I am gone this thread continues because it will always be funny when someone bets on MMA and lose. Thanks to whoever created the original thread and to all the goons who started it off by losing money on Mark Coleman. Also shoutout to the dude who lost money on the undertaker I laugh about that every time I see the undertaker on tv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

jase1 posted:

This of course is my favorite thread ever so I figured I would share this here first because regardless of who wants to see me lose or who wants me to win it was always a loving blast.

I have successfully beaten cancer twice in my life I was diagnosed with Bladder cancer about 4 or 5 years ago and it was so small they were able to get rid of it pretty quickly then a few years later it came back and it again was cleared up after treatment. I have been diagnosed a 3rd time now and because of where it is and how far it has spread it's terminal. I have roughly 4-5 months to live with the chemo there is like a 1% chance to live maybe a year or longer. I have already started very aggressive chemo which is pretty terrible and I honestly don't know how the gently caress anyone can take that for long periods of time it's brutal. I struggled for a few weeks wondering if I would ever say anything on here about this but I didn't want to get so sick to the point that I couldn't post anymore and just disappear and I wanted to share my feelings about this community and my therapist and wife bought convinced me to talk about it.

I remember the first time I saw a link to a thread on SA I can't quite remember the full context but some guy had done something hosed up and a goon called their house and ratted him out to his mom. I may be wrong on the details but whatever it was I was fascinated and from then on I was hooked. I remember debating with my cousin if I should spend the money or not to join and he told me it was stupid. Turned out to be the best decision I ever made. I learned everything about the internet from SA from the weird to the creepy but most of all the humor is what has kept me around. It has guided me over the years and shaped who I am from my politics to the games I play and even my gambling and how I watch sports. Even though it gets a poo poo ton of grief right now D&D helped me stay informed on what was going on in the political world. SAS gave me everything I wanted in a forum from football to wrestling I could get my fix and learn about all of them. PYF had some of my favorite threads back in the day. TCC taught me how to make edibles and QCS has some of the best entertainment this forum has to offer. I don't post very much I use SA more as a vast resource space where I can find out an answer to any question I have. It's the only place on the internet I have consistently been a part of for the last 15 years. I appreciate this community more than I could ever express and I am glad it seems to be in good hands and things are changing for the better. I hope long after I am gone this thread continues because it will always be funny when someone bets on MMA and lose. Thanks to whoever created the original thread and to all the goons who started it off by losing money on Mark Coleman. Also shoutout to the dude who lost money on the undertaker I laugh about that every time I see the undertaker on tv.

I don't even know what to say, Jase. You have my complete sympathies, and my guarantee that you have easily given as much back to this community. We're rooting for you, that's for drat sure. Thanks for sharing, too.