Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Tarnop posted:

It's a strong bitter taste with sprouts. The soap taste is the same thing but for coriander iirc

Yes I get super strong bitter flavour with sprouts and soapiness with coriander and both are 10/10 top tier tastes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
A stacking vegetable steamer not only saves precious counter and hob space for tastier, fried foods, but means you can cook all your veg without really having to do anything.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Good news, the UK government are taking some measures in response to Omicron:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

ThomasPaine posted:

Yes I get super strong bitter flavour with sprouts and soapiness with coriander and both are 10/10 top tier tastes

There's something for everyone, I suppose. I'm just glad that my 16 years in the "being made to eat sprouts" mines are long behind me

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The last season of The Thick of It nicely shows off the Lib Dem in denial mindset imo.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Dabir posted:

The last season of The Thick of It nicely shows off the Lib Dem in denial mindset imo.

And the season continued seamlessly onto Armando's twitter account

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Tarnop posted:

There's something for everyone, I suppose. I'm just glad that my 16 years in the "being made to eat sprouts" mines are long behind me

I unironically believe that maturing is realising the veg is the best bit of a roast

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Kale is good when you marinade it in a lil soy sauce/tamari (actually I prefer to use Trader Joe's Soyaki sauce or something similar), and then bang em into the air-fryer until they're a lil crispy. God tier zero-cal snack

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

ThomasPaine posted:

I unironically believe that maturing is realising the veg is the best bit of a roast

I spoke to my dad earlier about visiting for Christmas, now we're no longer going to central Birmingham for Christmas dinner at a restaurant :wtc: he asked what I wanted him to get from the supermarket we can cook at home. He didn't seem to accept 'all the veg and some gravy, that's all we need' as an answer.

Also I have already made the tiffin and the cinnamon cookies, that's all anyone needs at this very special time of year

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Tarnop posted:

It's a strong bitter taste with sprouts. The soap taste is the same thing but for coriander iirc

To me fresh coriander tastes of soap but i have no issues with the dried version.

Had a friend at work and she was totally addicted to sprouts, her partner hated the farts that followed but what can you do. :shrug:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Failed Imagineer posted:

Kale is good when you marinade it in a lil soy sauce/tamari (actually I prefer to use Trader Joe's Soyaki sauce or something similar), and then bang em into the air-fryer until they're a lil crispy. God tier zero-cal snack

We just sensuously massage kale with oil then roast it in a low oven until crispy. Delicious.

ROAST your sprouts (and broccoli and cauliflower). Roasting is best.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheScotsman/status/1472899772709285890?t=2P1O7t4hwoYveSC5N4fRyw&s=19
For fucks sake.

E: Also she's trending on twitter, and twitter keep removing the picture of her wearing the 'corbyn is a racist' t-shirt.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 20, 2021

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Just Another Lurker posted:

Had a friend at work and she was totally addicted to sprouts, her partner hated the farts that followed but what can you do. :shrug:

She should ditch that boy and get herself a James Joyce

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Oh, she sounds sweet alright... until you realize that "anti-racist Jew" is really a secret code anagram for "anti-Jew racist"!! The Guardian needs to apologize to Kier Sturmer for this offense.

quote:

Neslen, who grew up in South Africa, said she had spent her life fighting apartheid and racism.
she's also diagnosed with cancer, I can only hope she follows with the threat and sues them

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Bobby Deluxe posted:

https://twitter.com/TheScotsman/status/1472899772709285890?t=2P1O7t4hwoYveSC5N4fRyw&s=19
For fucks sake.

E: Also she's trending on twitter, and twitter keep removing the picture of her wearing the 'corbyn is a racist' t-shirt.

That's an outrageous ruling, what the gently caress

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

josh04 posted:

This is the kind of left twittersphere nonsense I generally try to avoid posting here or anywhere, but what the gently caress. What the gently caress is this. The yanks must pay.

https://twitter.com/moltopopulare/status/1472887447063130113

So what I’m hearing is that Klaasje is the Mancunian Candidate

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Dead Goon posted:

Boil them if you like, just don't boil them to mush.

Vegetables should still crunch after cooking IMO.

I know to each their own and all that but I bet you make a terrible mash.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Generally my recommendation is that things that are not crunchy should be made crunchy, and things that are crunchy should be made not crunchy.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Miftan posted:

I do allow exceptions to this rule which I forgot to mention.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

therattle posted:

We just sensuously massage kale with oil then roast it in a low oven until crispy. Delicious.

ROAST your sprouts (and broccoli and cauliflower). Roasting is best.

A nicely massaged , crispy kale is great.

An unmassaged kale, crispy or not is liable to give you a random spin on the wheel of different variety of the shits

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

If we’re still doing it here is my Xmas green veg cooking tip.

Mini broccoli / sliced sprouts / Savoy cabbage. (Or your own personal favourites).

Stir fry in butter until slightly charred , then throw in one chopped clove of garlic and cook for one further minute.

Then pour in a tiny drizzle of water, take off the heat and slam on a lid. Let it steam for a few minutes until the water is gone.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Miftan posted:

Potatoes aren’t a real vegetable otherwise they’d count towards your 5 a day

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Paperhouse posted:

Awful person has high quality legal representation.

Really, the fact she hasn't been successfully sued just makes it clear how utterly calculated her vile shtick is.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

ThomasPaine posted:

Yes, now I get to enjoy the plethora of vegetables that are tasty and delicious to me and not the one that tastes bad

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
My mother's Christmas veg recipes: boil everything, and if you can't fit all the saucepans on the hob, microwave it.

The only correct way to eat kale is from a Chinese takeaway where it has been deep fried and is called 'cripsy seaweed'. Zero vitamin content and all the fat of a doughnut, but in a vegetable beloved by health and wellness influencers.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

ThomasPaine posted:

loving lmao

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Paperhouse posted:

Yeah it's complete loving nonsense:

quote:

Mr Justice Nicklin was asked to consider whether serious harm had been caused to Ms Riley's reputation, and whether Ms Murray had a defence of truth, honest opinion, or public interest.

"This case is unusual," said the judge, who previously ruled Ms Murray's tweet to be defamatory, in a written ruling on Monday. "It turns, largely, on two tweets: the good advice tweet and the defendant's tweet. I have found that the publication of the defendant's tweet has caused serious harm to the claimant's reputation, and I have rejected the defendant's defences. The claimant is therefore entitled to a sum in damages."

He added that Ms Murray's tweet had misrepresented what Ms Riley had tweeted. Yet he rejected Ms Riley's argument that Ms Murray had been "motivated by any improper purpose".

While not "bad conduct", he said Ms Riley's tweet could be viewed as "provocative, even mischievous".

"There is a clear element of provocation in the good advice tweet, in the sense that the claimant must have readily appreciated that the meaning of the good advice tweet was ambiguous and could be read as suggesting, at least, that Jeremy Corbyn deserved to be egged because of his political views," he concluded. "The claimant can hardly be surprised - and she can hardly complain - that the good advice tweet provoked the reaction it did, including the defendant's tweet."

Such context, he said, was taken into consideration when deciding on the amount of damages she would receive.
So he accepts that when riley re-tweeted an image that said 'don't be a nazi if you don't want to get egged' after corbyn got egged, she was being provocative and making a statement that could be interpreted as meaning 'corbyn got egged because he's a nazi', however when corbyn's aide responded by saying that riley called corbyn a nazi, she was defaming riley and unjustly injuring her reputation, but also the response was understandable and riley knowingly provoked it, so therefore she only gets relatively small damages.

What the gently caress :psyduck:.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Ok, I tell a lie. It's the gravy.

But seriously, give me a nice plate of veg covered in thick gravy and I'll be plenty happy. The meat's nice and all but I can take it or leave it.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Apraxin posted:

Yeah it's complete loving nonsense:

So he accepts that when riley re-tweeted an image that said 'don't be a nazi if you don't want to get egged' after corbyn got egged, she was being provocative and making a statement that could be interpreted as meaning 'corbyn got egged because he's a nazi', however when corbyn's aide responded by saying that riley called corbyn a nazi, she was defaming riley and unjustly injuring her reputation, but also the response was understandable and riley knowingly provoked it, so therefore she only gets relatively small damages.

What the gently caress :psyduck:.

Reminder that Riley has a very expensive lawyer that represents her Pro Bono in all of her cases.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

British libel law seems so genuinely toxic. You can basically just say what you want if you can afford a better lawyer than whoever you're spouting off about, but they can't even call you a oval office without you taking their house.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
"That's one hell of a state broadcaster you've got there, what do you call it?"

https://twitter.com/marcusbarnett_/status/1472933253132734467

"...The BBC!"

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

goddamnedtwisto posted:

"That's one hell of a state broadcaster you've got there, what do you call it?"

https://twitter.com/marcusbarnett_/status/1472933253132734467

"...The BBC!"
All that is old is new again.
https://twitter.com/andraydomise/status/1472958664764010507

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Apraxin posted:

so therefore she only gets relatively small damages.
I can't imagine ever being in so comfortable a position that I could call 10k a 'relatively small' amount of money.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Am I misremembering this or were you able to just buy clothes off amazon relatively easily at some point? It's like 80% of the stuff is just fake. Have amazon just completely given up policing it (if they ever did)?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Jippa posted:

Am I misremembering this or were you able to just buy clothes off amazon relatively easily at some point? It's like 80% of the stuff is just fake. Have amazon just completely given up policing it (if they ever did)?

100% anecdote but recently I’ve been seeing a few frustrating tweets from brands saying they’re finding it impossible to get Amazon to take down fakes of their products.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

English libel law differentiates between opinions and statements

Riley implied corbs was a nazi, Murray stated riley said he was a nazi

It's dumb but that's how it works. Libel laws also don't need the person claiming libel to prove that damages occurred, it's just a given

It's poo poo, and why libel tourism is a thing

Riley probably knew exactly what she was doing, the aide not so much

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I can't imagine ever being in so comfortable a position that I could call 10k a 'relatively small' amount of money.
i just mean compared to what the courts usually impose, it was 1/30th of the 'notional maximum' they can slap you with if they feel like it

Gruffalo Soldier
Feb 23, 2013

Did I miss any mention of thread favourite Kuenssberg's announcement that she is stepping down amongst the turkey-chat?

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1472899699975860225

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oh yeah it wasn't a dig at you, just that someone can be sued and 10k is seen as a slap on the wrist.

There's that other blogger she sued though, from his fundraiser it seemed like she hit him with enough to take his loving house.