Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Buffer posted:

I agreed with you and then it occured to me that it's probably a James Joyce reference...

If there's a sister she's probably named Nora.

Ah, the famous Mexican author Jaime José

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

When the gently caress did it even start?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Pawsident Dad is very sad about Joe Pupchin messing all over his rug and he made a...mistake. It's okay, I still love him and this INTERLOPER will be sent to fetch elsewhere soon enough.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Asproigerosis posted:

Hillary is unironically the best candidate dems have for 2024 which is absolutely a scathing indictment of how awful the democrat party is.

That isn't true. Biden is a better candidate in 2024 than Hillary.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

shyduck posted:

What are they going to discuss, how a cop died and the worst punishment anybody got was like 2 months time served

I’m hoping for the stations of the cross and a passion play.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Sydin posted:

So uh, I'm not a math wizard or anything but what Im seeing here is that 16M people dropped off unemployment, but only 6M new jobs were created? I guess that remaining 10M just evaporated in a puff of smoke? Or is it the 10M people who still need UI but aren't getting it that's historic???

Biden pushes historic chocolate ration increase from 5g to 3g

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

there are people reading this tweet to their children in the hopes that it makes their day brighter

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

LGD posted:

she's 16

:sweatdrop:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

China warriors in the replies lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I wonder why you would want to abandon such a hugely successful apparatus and this in no way echoes the GOP ghouls all jumping ship last cycle when they realized they were gonna lose and didn't want to spend years sitting useless when they could be lobbying

Hopefully people will remember this the next time we go through the song and dance of "gosh they're trying their best, do you think they WANT to lose???" cycle

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

mcmagic posted:

That isn't true. Biden is a better candidate in 2024 than Hillary.

False. An actual campaign would be literal death for him.

Unless the strategy is to keep covid going to 24 so he can hide in the basement again.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

lumpentroll posted:

especially the ones who post here

:hai:

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Asproigerosis posted:

Unless the strategy is to keep covid going to 24 so he can hide in the basement again.

i wouldn't worry about covid not being around in '24

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.

Victory Position posted:

there are people reading this tweet to their children in the hopes that it makes their day brighter

I hope it works :)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

yeah but for the people who control Biden right now, that’s a risk worth taking.

Either you shove gramps on stage and maybe you win and keep your power or you do the decent thing and let him retire while giving up any hope of a powerful future.

Because the specific people who control Joe don’t have a broader base of power. If Kamala, Pete, or Hillary comes into the White House they all have their own lackeys and you’re forced to write books and become a Pod John

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

I’m hoping for the stations of the cross and a passion play.
I'm thinking a re-creation with a lot of children and a bouncy house

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
oh my god I just remembered Biden’s covid conferences last year where we weren’t sure if he was actually alive

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
https://twitter.com/ClearlyJane/status/1472974637449551877

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

docbeard posted:

Pawsident Dad is very sad about Joe Pupchin messing all over his rug and he made a...mistake. It's okay, I still love him and this INTERLOPER will be sent to fetch elsewhere soon enough.

:smith: i wish you hadn't reminded me about that account

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

LGD posted:

she's 16

she's actually a prepubescent girl; she just *looks* like a 1000-year-old blood drinking ghoul

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Pepperoneedy posted:

:smith: i wish you hadn't reminded me about that account

If I must suffer, so must all flesh.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

At this point, with such bad excuse not to give any money away, it's hard not to believe Manchin is just doing his best to ensure the kids of the poor die.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Asproigerosis posted:

The less people see of him the better he would do in the election.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Human posted:

I hope it works :)

I do too

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

So basically every liberal on Twitter is having a deranged meltdown today?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The Pussy Boss posted:

So basically every liberal on Twitter is having a deranged meltdown today?

It owns

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Libs are as mad about manchurian as they were about replacing rbg. Inconvenienced they have to put out a couple of angry tweets while they're at brunch.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
our master plan for bbb going forward consists entirely of groveling to manchin some more because surely this time he will change his mind.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Sydin posted:

Who's Hillary's VP running mate? One of Abrams or Beto after they inevitably lose their governor races? Another Kaine-style think tank swing state pick?

they gonna try a Andrew Cuomo redemption arc

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1473048795697012738 Commander...Shepherd...

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

This really does feel like the week that will have completely broken the post-2006 Democratic coalition. Like, you can’t even pretend going forward that the Dems will ever do anything for anyone to the left of a literal West Virginia coal baron. They can’t even slow much less stop a raging pandemic that could be cheaply and easily massively helped by n95 mask mandates. They’re running for office to protect their insider trading and that’s literally it. I know doomerism and hyperbole is an easy thing to slip into here but this honestly does actually feel like 1850s Whigs territory. Dems are going to get obliterated at the national level, will survive only as rump state-level parties

Hell yeah

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
don't let mayor pete see there's a new dog

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Sydin posted:

Who's Hillary's VP running mate? One of Abrams or Beto after they inevitably lose their governor races? Another Kaine-style think tank swing state pick?

Romney

Keep America Strong and Free
Vote R-D

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

RIP Shep

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

icantfindaname posted:

This really does feel like the week that will have completely broken the post-2006 Democratic coalition. Like, you can’t even pretend going forward that the Dems will ever do anything for anyone to the left of a literal West Virginia coal baron. They can’t even slow much less stop a raging pandemic that could be cheaply and easily massively helped by n95 mask mandates. They’re running for office to protect their insider trading and that’s literally it. I know doomerism and hyperbole is an easy thing to slip into here but this honestly does actually feel like 1850s Whigs territory. Dems are going to get obliterated at the national level, will survive only as rump state-level parties

rump state level parties in the places that house the entire media, so it'd be a bit different even if they're wiped out on the fed level

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Healthcare plz

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

lol when the dems claimed the BIF was going to provide millions of jobs, they meant "millions of job-years"

quote:

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/11/white-house-uses-job-years-not-jobs-to-tout-infrastructure-law/

On Nov. 6, after the House passed the infrastructure bill, Biden said in a statement that it “will create millions of jobs,” and just before Biden signed the legislation into law on Nov. 15, he said: “It creates better jobs for millions of Americans.” Harris also said at the bill-signing event: “After this bill is signed into law, millions more Americans will go to work in good-paying good union jobs.”

If listeners thought that meant the bill was expected to increase national employment by “millions” of additional jobs, they would be mistaken. A Nov. 4 report from Moody’s Analytics, which the White House has cited, shows the peak employment gain due to the infrastructure legislation alone would be 872,000 jobs in the fourth quarter of 2025, compared with the level of employment without the law. We asked Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody’s, about the White House remarks, and he said he suspected the reference was to millions of “job-years.” The White House press office confirmed to us that was the case.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
In times like these, more rabid untrained dogs in the white house are what the American people need to get through.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

lol, there's a whole section of the internet doing nancy art.

WorkerThread posted:

she looks like a rictus even drawn by her most deranged admirers

Mummy fetish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Commander

Major

Champ