Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Onean posted:

It's funny. Erenville was the fastest I'd ever warmed up to a non-mascot character in FFXIV. Usually they take a scene or three, but not so much for him.

What bugs me (and it's entirely myself being the problem), though, is that I can't not think of Arenvald too when I come across Erenville, simply because their names sound so similar to me.

It's fine because thinking of Arenvald is also good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cythereal posted:

And it's easily my least favorite part of the game. Shadowbringers and Endwalker have started to legitimately frustrate me with their difficulty. My group finally got the last EW trial down with about ten minutes left on the clock.

I think it's why I've taken such a shine to the crafting beast tribes. No fighting (except for the ixal ones), no battles, just making things and helping people.

I'm glad there's parts of the world and story that genuinely interest you even though large parts of the gameplay do not. I'm sorry Endwalker's story didn't land for you but as this is almost entirely for idiosyncratically subjective reasons there's not much to be done. And, to be fair, any reason a story doesn't land for someone is a valid one for them, even if it sounds buckwild from an outsider's perspective.

(This is just something people on the internet are gonna have to come to terms with.)

I'm also looking forward to crafting for friendly tribes and I can't wait to see whether it's the Arkasodara or the Loporrit that go that route.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Vitamean posted:

they made the btn/min studium line for people like us

They're just good friends!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Vitamean posted:

they made the btn/min studium line for people like us

I wasn't too fond of the "cultural appropriation as foreplay" aspect, but that was only really heavy in the first quest and dialed it back afterward.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Whenever Puddingway isn't on screen, the other characters should be asking "where's Puddingway?"

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Pwnstar posted:

Whenever Puddingway isn't on screen, the other characters should be asking "where's Puddingway?"

Puddingway is the best rabbit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This is Nothingway Erasure and I wo-

Actually he is probably fine with it.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

You can talk to Puddingway whenever you like, he ain't hiding.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I'm guessing romance is a big factor in Y'shtola desperately wanting to go back to the first

you’re totally wrong here pal

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Been leveling SGE via roulettes and gotta say, I loving love Eukrasian Diagnosis crits. Just a huge rear end shield on the tank means I can laser for like 10 seconds without a care. It's probably not optimal but I kinda want to meld all crit now.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lord_Magmar posted:

I mean okay this isn't Endwalker spoilers so I'm not gonna spoiler it.

Why not? Not everyone in this thread is up to Endwalker.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

You gotta draw the line somewhere otherwise if you talk about literally anything ever in the entire game you have to put black bars on it which kinda defeats the entire purpose and makes spoilering ineffective.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Pwnstar posted:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Repeating my desire for Tataru + Rowena Item Shop Tycoon RPG.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Ojetor posted:

Been leveling SGE via roulettes and gotta say, I loving love Eukrasian Diagnosis crits. Just a huge rear end shield on the tank means I can laser for like 10 seconds without a care. It's probably not optimal but I kinda want to meld all crit now.

You're in luck. As far as I've seen, crit is still really good for healers.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Rosalind posted:

You're in luck. As far as I've seen, crit is still really good for healers.

Gear isn't there yet for crit stacking, but I imagine that will change with 6.01 and especially 6.05. It's similarly a boon to SCH and their Adlo.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Roluth posted:

Gear isn't there yet for crit stacking, but I imagine that will change with 6.01 and especially 6.05. It's similarly a boon to SCH and their Adlo.

To be honest, I was just parroting what I'd heard from others. What's crit stacking and what happens with gear that makes it viable?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

Why not? Not everyone in this thread is up to Endwalker.

Spoilering things from almost half a decade ago is stupid.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kyrosiris posted:

As a certified Zenos Hater(tm) I actually agree.

Yeah, I'm still a deadset Zenos hater, but I can respect the choices the writers made and how he was utilized.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/PMS_Jordan/status/1472910707125534725?t=bzwEVFnGnGtpyw_0b0tq7w&s=19

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Maxed out fates in all the new zones. Now I need to figure out to monetize this as best as I can.

(I want the ugly mount)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Need a browser plugin that cross-references your Lodestone profile and autospoilers thread text based on your recorded MSQ completion

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Do people anticipate another login queue spike for this?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Do people anticipate another login queue spike for this?

You bet there will be. Especially with statics and whatnot getting practice for savage content. I know at least one savage streamer who’s sleeping early so they can be awake for when servers go live.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

random 90ks are going to be the death of many savage groups this time around I feel.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

I do not care about being first or good at anything but you better believe I'm gonna try a new raid as blind as can be.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

...huh, just realized, Pandemonium gear should be 580 ilevel, right? Doesn't that mean it's better to focus on left side since you can farm 580 accs on EX trial?

(I mean, there's probably some that have better substats than EX and ultimately it doesn't matter for casual play, but just wondering in order to max my ilevel for future gatekeeping)

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

What's the best option for turning poetics into gil nowadays? I keep hitting the cap, I have literally all the armors and don't want to clutter my weapon armory slot if I can avoid it.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

random 90ks are going to be the death of many savage groups this time around I feel.

Hit my first 90k today. Thrown into a 1100 person queue. In 30 minutes, it's only moved 500 people. :negative:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
1000 people an hour seems like a pretty decent queue speed for me the past week.

Haven't had any network or stability issues until yesterday though. Was getting huge lag spikes every 30 seconds or so that persisted for a good half hour before I just gave in to a restart, and then had a directx11 crash. The previous couple weeks have been otherwise rock solid.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Yeah 1k/hour is about standard for daytime queues from what i've seen. From seeing other people check in with queue numbers it gets into the 500+ area at like 4 PM Eastern then keeps ramping up from there.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

...huh, just realized, Pandemonium gear should be 580 ilevel, right? Doesn't that mean it's better to focus on left side since you can farm 580 accs on EX trial?

(I mean, there's probably some that have better substats than EX and ultimately it doesn't matter for casual play, but just wondering in order to max my ilevel for future gatekeeping)
Patch 6.05 on January 4 will also have a new crafted set of combat gear that will also be ilvl 580 along with new gear from the limited tomestones that will be 590, 600 after upgrade, and savage drops will be 600 + 605 weapon from P4S.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

just had an ex clear get ruined by DCs-into-1.5k queue, having that happen for an actual savage fight would basically get me to just go for a walk for an hour

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Countblanc posted:

just had an ex clear get ruined by DCs-into-1.5k queue, having that happen for an actual savage fight would basically get me to just go for a walk for an hour

Yeah it sucks rear end. The other week we waited all day for our PLD to get off work to knock out Zodiark EX and he 90k'd into 3k queue literally the second we pulled the first time. It was night ruining.

edit: very happy my group is going to start later due to people being on vacation, so I hope the rush will have died down a bit.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Dec 21, 2021

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Chillgamesh posted:

Repeating my desire for Tataru + Rowena Item Shop Tycoon RPG.

Tataru as a mafia don breaking kneecaps and running shady businesses.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Tataru + Doman Enclave type side quest

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

iPodschun posted:

Patch 6.05 on January 4 will also have a new crafted set of combat gear that will also be ilvl 580 along with new gear from the limited tomestones that will be 590, 600 after upgrade, and savage drops will be 600 + 605 weapon from P4S.

Yeah, I know, I just forgot the first raid had that dichtonomy with the accs, and I have a tendency to still try to get the locked gear in the best order. Wonder if the weekly tomestone gear best order will change...

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The real question about tomorrow is... will we have anything that tops Titan Car?

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Mordiceius posted:

The real question about tomorrow is... will we have anything that tops Titan Car?

I am still furious we never got that as a mount.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ironslave posted:

I am still furious we never got that as a mount.

Same. You gave us ONE Primal as a mount and it was the wrong one!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm guessing it'll be cash shop like the Bennu mount. Which sucks but I'll probably buy it.