Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

This ink is very nice when using, when writing with it. It is smooth as any iroshizuku and after looking at screens all day, the soft tones are a joy for the eye.
Interestingly enough, it looks really meh when presented like this and even I think it lacks pop when viewed on a page. I'll probably use it a ton for journalling, less for things I want others to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

It's Shade, not Shaole.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Shi-balloon-ole

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Vipht Shi?ole

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:wow:

Ok, fine, I'm trying harder for today's.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

UUUu Ca eee

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Not a color I like much but ooh that shading and glitter.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

It's really nice, yeah. Looks like I should be handing over the reins comparing that to my :effort:posts, too.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Doing some daily poo poo and scribbles for inkvent at least keeps my pens inked and in use. Most of my stuff is pretty much the same each day with slight variation in what direction I shade in a checkboard pattern. Once you've seen one you've seen them all.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Is it wrong that I want to get a pocket 6 in copper then stick that ink in it?

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

this got here today

i really can feel the temperature of writing!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

oh waht.. moonmanchristmaspen?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

God this is such a lovely blue. It's so goddamn intense.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Unlike this one:

I made sure to include the famous catchphrase associated with this character!

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Either my first few fills sucked in too much glitter or there's just something weird about the glitter in this one since I had to make sure to suck in a lot less glitter on the successful fill. Either way, I got frustrated and raged.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Argas posted:

Either my first few fills sucked in too much glitter or there's just something weird about the glitter in this one

No Goro?? :mods:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Google failed me okay? And I was impatient.

Shimmering inks are entirely my poo poo and Subzero disappointed me despite basically being a shimmering blue peppermint, itself an older inkvent color.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I agree it's the weakest ink so far, but one disappointment in 18 is fine.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Man, I find myself wanting to get one of these next year... And I don't really have a need for ink! I've got a bottle of waterman blue that feels like it'll last me a decade, though it is admittedly just kind of an "eh, it does the job" ink, a very little bit of shading on even halfway decent paper, but at work we're getting the shittiest copy paper known to man and it feathers and just soaks in enough it looks like a medium nib line instead of a fine.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

You always have a need for ink. You don't actually ever need to use it, you just open your drawer or cabinet and go "man that's such a pretty color i should use it sometime" then just keep using other inks

It's very fulfilling.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The 19th means it's time to step up this completely imaginary ink rivalry.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Today, the sun's cooperating to show off that glitter.

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!
So I decided to get a pen for christmas

I honestly thought it would be bigger but I love the way BENU pens glitter in the light.
BENU scepter btw.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
The real find is that cat.

Move over crab. Cat is here.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

How do you like the Benu? They caught my eye a couple times.

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!

JNCO BILOBA posted:

I have another I've written with and it works just fine. I just really like how the light catches the flakes in the resin and knowing it's going to be a little unique, for a given value of unique. Also the shape. The flared ends isn't something Ive really seen in other fountain pens. Unfortunately this also means it won't fit in some of the pen holders I have but that's okay. Also the pen holders are part of a blind box set but it looks like This Place is selling them individually.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

gschmidl posted:

:wow:

Ok, fine, I'm trying harder for today's.

uluru cola

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

JNCO BILOBA posted:

I own a benu and it is a bit lighter than other pens I own but it is a good writer and the visuals are mesmerizing indeed.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

FAUXTON posted:

uluru cola

Finally!

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

ngl if I was to get a pen purely for looks one of the benus would be top of my list. It's just too bad the scepters don't fit into the benu pen holder.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

They are a delicious British cookie! Here's a recipe from Great British Bake Off.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
What’s a good way to store/transport/travel with pens? I’ve been storing my small collection all jumbled up in a pencil case (barbaric, I know) and now I kind of want to take them along with me. Lost/threw out the boxes they came in long ago too. Any suggestions?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

personally I'm partial to the Aston Leather 10 pen case, but whichever of these floats your boat should work fine.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Galen Leather has some very, very nice pen cases (zippered, flap, or hard)

https://www.galenleather.com/collections/leather-flap-pen-cases

e: adding the 22nd here, then

gschmidl fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Dec 22, 2021

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Merry Sparkle-Delta to you all!

Why yes, those are GENUINE pink Swarovski crystals.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

gschmidl posted:

Galen Leather has some very, very nice pen cases (zippered, flap, or hard)

https://www.galenleather.com/collections/leather-flap-pen-cases

I own the three pen hard and a 20 pen zipper one, bith are really good quality and fit all my pens well. Can recommend.

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

grack posted:

that's a good one

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

grack posted:

Usually i don't find your deltas all that exciting but that pen is absolutely loving stunning, god drat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Sankis posted:

Usually i don't find your deltas all that exciting but that pen is absolutely loving stunning, god drat!

:same: