Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Blasphemous is 75% off right now. I thought it was kinda bleh but most people seem to like it
Overcooked 2 is 75% off, great couch coop that may result in fistfights
Steamworld Heist is 80% off, 2D xcom style gameplay, very awesome
Steamworld Dig 2 is 70% off, great 2D metroidvania
Mario + Rabbids is 78% off, fantastic Mario flavored xcom
Mario Odyssey is 42% off

You know what, honestly there's just too much on sale right now. Go to https://www.dekudeals.com/ and check current deals, if you have questions ask in the thread
Haha thank you friend

....I already own all of these...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Hammer Bro. posted:

How's the storyline and mechanical character progression?

Into the Breach is great tactically but didn't have that RPG numbers-go-up comfort blanket that I think he's looking for.

Though Loop Hero'll keep 'im busy for a bit I bet.

The mechanics are pretty solid, the story is just kinda there in an inoffensive way.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm eyeing both The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa and The Legend of Tianding. You can get bothe for about $25 right now and I'm really tempted.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

lol at getting probed for joking about playing Paper Mario. Speaking of Paper Mario,

https://mobile.twitter.com/OatmealDome/status/1472993937338114050

We need a :dice: emote for Nintendo

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

chaleski posted:

lol at getting probed for joking about playing Paper Mario. Speaking of Paper Mario,

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 21, 2021

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

:lol: if you don't play Tetris 99 exclusively with the Game Boy theme.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

neato burrito posted:

:lol: if you don't play Tetris 99 exclusively with the Game Boy theme.

Exactly.

The only thing that would take me away from it would be an NES theme.

I need Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy in 8-bit, and I need it now.

I have no idea why that Russian song is the defacto Tetris theme, when the NES had better Tetris music :colbert:

I actually have Theme 3 as a ringtone, and have for months now.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

bowmore posted:

What are the good games that are really cheap right now?

Children of Morta
Ace Attorney Trilogy
Yoku's Island Express
Neuro Voider
Streets of Rogue

To name a few

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's so weird. So the framerate was normal and they set a flag to specifically make it slower in one particular menu and one particular scene?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Waffle! posted:

Children of Morta
Ace Attorney Trilogy
Yoku's Island Express
Neuro Voider
Streets of Rogue

To name a few
Ooo what's Neuro Voider?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

bowmore posted:

Ooo what's Neuro Voider?

It's a rogue-like with killer robots, and a bangin soundtrack by Dan Terminus. Arcade action, 4 player co-op with tons of weapons and configurations for your bots. I like it because there's item gambling, and it really scratches that 'Numbers Go Up' itch like Borderlands and Diablo do. The levels can repeat themselves a bit, but you can also dual wield a nuclear missile launcher with a minigun named "The Apocalypse" so maybe it evens out.

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Dec 21, 2021

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

good lord, nintendo is going to re-release advance wars 1+2 for $60

and i'm going to buy it

what the hell

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Getting into Miitopia pretty late, I wouldn't say it's a great or challenging game, but it's a lot of fun and pretty hilarious to be fighting to save the world from the Dark Lord Frasier.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m playing the PC version but Rune Factory 4 special edition is such a treat to play. I can’t wait for 5 to come out.

It’s anime but it’s definitely got some charm to it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

chaleski posted:

:psyduck: What the hell? Was there an even worse issue that resulted from their emulator that necessitated this measure? Apparently Lava Piranha in general is a bit fucky with some emulators due to various issues, so I guess this was some bizarre stopgap solution they couldn't be bothered to fix the root of.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Araxxor posted:

:psyduck: What the hell? Was there an even worse issue that resulted from their emulator that necessitated this measure? Apparently Lava Piranha in general is a bit fucky with some emulators due to various issues, so I guess this was some bizarre stopgap solution they couldn't be bothered to fix the root of.

Lava Piranha is fucky even on original hardware, you can crash the game by using an Egg Missile with Double Dip in that fight. Something about that fight is just hosed.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I kind of want to buy Danganronpa S because it looks really fun and cool, but it also has characters from V3 in it and I don't know anything about V3.

Wildtortilla posted:

A question from those of you familiar with Monster Sanctuary:

Is it possible to place markers on the map?

It isn't, which is really my only complaint with the game, since there's plenty of places where you need a particular monster ability you won't get for a long while and it can be really difficult to remember where they all are without looking it up. I know the internet exists and it's very easy to look things up but it shouldn't be nearly required.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

MarcusSA posted:

I’m playing the PC version but Rune Factory 4 special edition is such a treat to play. I can’t wait for 5 to come out.

It’s anime but it’s definitely got some charm to it.

im an extremely not anime guy but i do want to try rune factory :/

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Google Butt posted:

im an extremely not anime guy but i do want to try rune factory :/

You might want to ignore the whole marriage thing then. The characters around town are pretty drat anime.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Exactly.

:hmmyes:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Fwiw loop hero is free on the epic store today if anyone wanted the pc version.

I saw this and then still bought it on switch

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

ScourgeBringer is another dope game that's on sale. She jumps kinda like Celeste... Sounds kinda like Doom 2016. I've only beaten a run once.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

cool av posted:

and i'm going to buy it

what the hell

My understanding is that it's a full real-deal remake that just covers the events of those games, not a port or upscale.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Araxxor posted:

If it's a problem rooted deep in the original game code, they might just not have access to modify it and they're stuck trying to emulate around it like everyone else.

Chronojam posted:

My understanding is that it's a full real-deal remake that just covers the events of those games, not a port or upscale.

It is. They're rebuilding the game ground-up with 3D models instead of pixel art, and it looks pretty great TBH.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes
Pimping my own games.
https://twitter.com/Rocket_Pan_/status/1473198630542594049

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

bowmore posted:

What are the good games that are really cheap right now?

Someone said A Robot Named Fight is down to 2 bucks which is what I paid for it. That took me some 50 hours before I ran out of steam playing (not-so) randomly generated Super Metroid. It's pretty great for what it is, but it's not excellent. You will die a lot, you don't get nearly enough life at the beginning and it can feel a bit repetitive, but it plays like Super Metroid so I don't know how much more you need.

It's rather robust having 5 unlockable endings and several different game modes from Boss Rush to Giant Map. The weapon/item variety and achievements can hook you longer than you'd expect. I loved it.

Hammer Bro. posted:

How's the storyline and mechanical character progression?

Into the Breach is great tactically but didn't have that RPG numbers-go-up comfort blanket that I think he's looking for.

Though Loop Hero'll keep 'im busy for a bit I bet.

The stills of the game are ugly, but it looks way better in motion.

The story as mentioned is there. It's not bad, save the world and all that, but with the particularity that you play a (good) super cop taking on the corrupt power system of the world and that you work for. I don't care to play a cop myself these days, but there are some nuances to the plot that I do find somewhat interesting The fact that the demonic entity was never defeated but that the ruling class has willingly absorb that malevolent energy, that both extends their lifespan artificially but also risk them turning evil feels somewhat fresh .

The story is as stated inoffensive. The game could do better to sign post the sidequests. It also features a very robust difficulty options feature that I appreciated. The level design is pretty decent. It's not great and battles can drag a bit as the enemies have all the same skills and features you do, so you should play around to find the good balance you need. This was something that Wargroove also featured, but there the level design was so dire, that every battle was a slog no matter what you did.

The mechanics are very good. The job system is very varied and you have a ton of classes to mix and match from. Unlocking classes and skills is very addictive even if you won't use them all. I have some 18 soldiers because I went out of my way, but you could get by with about 10, some subs if people get injured. You can set up your people to have a range of passives and counters to suit your build.

Numbers go up for sure, but it's not quite as apparent. Also you can "grind" in game by replaying maps which is both nice since levels do scale with you giving the game some longevity. That said, I'm about 5-8 stages from beating it and have put in some 50+ hours. A lot of that time was spent in menus though. It's a Tactics game through and through, so if they likes that they're bound to enjoy this. I prefer Fire Emblem as strategy games go, or at least I used to, since I tend to get choice paralysis but this has been fun. I can't speak for the DLC but it adds 3 new classes, 2 focused on Monsters catching and taming, and you can now use Monsters directly. The OG game has a Blue Mage character that uses monster abilities.

I think the whole thing runs for 25 euro if not 30, but it's a decent deal, and I think it goes on sale.

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 21, 2021

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

:nice:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'll have to give it more time because maybe I'm just missing something/many things, but goddamn Saints Row IV is terrible.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

It isn't, which is really my only complaint with the game, since there's plenty of places where you need a particular monster ability you won't get for a long while and it can be really difficult to remember where they all are without looking it up. I know the internet exists and it's very easy to look things up but it shouldn't be nearly required.

Well that’s a bummer. Coming straight from Dread’s map (arguably the star of the entire game) into Monster Sanctuary’s map is some real whip lash, hoolee dooleee.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/1473214208162803715

gently caress yes xexex on 12/23. you all better buy it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m in, I’ve come to love shmups and need more on my Switch

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Exactly.

I have no idea why that Russian song is the defacto Tetris theme, when the NES had better Tetris music :colbert:

I actually have Theme 3 as a ringtone, and have for months now.

tetris effect has a OG Elektronika 80 theme and it's sick, though you need a USB keyboard to get it on the switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OMOIaq_VMQ

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
So if I want everything for Overcooked 2, I need the base game, the Season Pass, Surf n' Turf, and Too Many Cooks? It's dumb they didn't put the Gourmet edition on sale.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Echophonic posted:

So if I want everything for Overcooked 2, I need the base game, the Season Pass, Surf n' Turf, and Too Many Cooks? It's dumb they didn't put the Gourmet edition on sale.

According to Deku Deals you just missed it on sale last week.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

The Postman posted:

According to Deku Deals you just missed it on sale last week.

Oh, hmm. Oh well. Not sure when I'm gonna get a chance to play Overcooked soon anyway.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

cool av posted:

and i'm going to buy it

what the hell
It's a remake

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 22, 2021

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Fell Seal words.

Hmm. I was gonna put it in the don't-have-time category but those details put it on the DekuDeals and then we'll see list.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Yeah a full remake of two meaty GBA classics. If it was a straight port or a remake of just one game sure I'd scoff at the price but 60 for a two game remake is standard/fair pricing.

Especially when you look at the countless lazy ports with the switch tax baked into the price because ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

cool av posted:

and i'm going to buy it

what the hell

:yeah:

in the meantime i've been playing Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon and ooh boy do i love shovel knight and yacht club games and oooh boy do i sure suck butt at this game. had to turn it down to .75 speed just to have a chance