Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

stev posted:

Given the way they like to time these things I'm wondering if the finale is going to have NWH spoilers in it. I hope not but I wouldn't be surprised.
There's a possibility that one thing from NWH might show up in a post-credits for the finale. But that's not guaranteed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Zoobtro posted:

I hope they continue the happy hogan/daredevil relationship in echo or wherever dd next appears

What if the plot of She/Hulk is her defending people like Happy and Abomination from the government thugs of Damage Control

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Jagermonster posted:

What if the plot of She/Hulk is her defending people like Happy and Abomination from the government thugs of Damage Control

That would be cool. I still want James Spader to voice Ultralawyer, a reprogrammed Ultron body who's basically robot Alan Shore.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

stev posted:

Given the way they like to time these things I'm wondering if the finale is going to have NWH spoilers in it. I hope not but I wouldn't be surprised.

I would say just assume, if you don’t want spoilers, a NWH spoiler is more likely than not.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Aidan_702 posted:

I would say just assume, if you don’t want spoilers, a NWH spoiler is more likely than not.

There's already some minor questions raised considering that (NWH spoiler) Hawkeye takes place after NWH. No one seems too concerned about the sky opening up a couple weeks back. Also, Yelena seemingly implied that they put the shield back on the Statue of Libert and it got all smashed up.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Zoobtro posted:

I hope they continue the happy hogan/daredevil relationship in echo or wherever dd next appears

They already had a film with that in 2003.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

live with fruit posted:

There's already some minor questions raised considering that (NWH spoiler) Hawkeye takes place after NWH. No one seems too concerned about the sky opening up a couple weeks back. Also, Yelena seemingly implied that they put the shield back on the Statue of Libert and it got all smashed up.

(NWH spoiler) The sky opening up could have just been "forgotten" as part of the spell that made everyone forget who Peter Parker is

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Dragonstoned posted:

(NWH spoiler) The sky opening up could have just been "forgotten" as part of the spell that made everyone forget who Peter Parker is

Or people are so used to crazy poo poo happening these days they don't give it a second thought. It's not like we've seen anyone mention (Eternals spoilers) the giant head sticking out of the Indian Ocean.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

live with fruit posted:

Or people are so used to crazy poo poo happening these days they don't give it a second thought. It's not like we've seen anyone mention (Eternals spoilers) the giant head sticking out of the Indian Ocean.

Nor is there much talk of the (Eternals spoiler) gigantic red robot thing that appeared in the sky shortly there after.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea pretty sure after the snap and blip poo poo needs to get REAL weird for the average person in the Marvel U to really notice it.

There's a promo with Pugh talking about being in Hawkeye and the MCU in general has the BTS stuff shows some super spoilery stuff. Not involving anything new, like it doesn't show her fighting Wolverine or Squirrel Girl, but other stuff.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

MH Knights posted:

Nor is there much talk of the (Eternals spoiler) gigantic red robot thing that appeared in the sky shortly there after.

That’s because he only appeared in Hampstead Heath. And we all know that if it happens outside of the USA, then it doesn’t count.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Andrew_1985 posted:

That’s because he only appeared in Hampstead Heath. And we all know that if it happens outside of the USA, then it doesn’t count.

“Just another random chap out cruising on the heath,” they whispered to eachother.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Spiderman no way home spoiler Right before the old spidermen show up in Ned's house there's a one second shot of a couple of knives or some other decoration in the wall, is that a reference to anything?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Mr. Nemo posted:

Spiderman no way home spoiler Right before the old spidermen show up in Ned's house there's a one second shot of a couple of knives or some other decoration in the wall, is that a reference to anything?

The original Ned Leeds in the comics becomes Hobgoblin and Baron Mordo's apprentice.

He also gets cloned, brainwashed, risen from the dead twice, possessed, and steals God's power to rewrite the origin of humanity and make himself the Deputy Ruler of Earth under Mordo (need to aim higher with your dreams Ned. You steal powers from God and rewrite history to make yourself the assistant manager?) because ~*comic plot lines*~

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The original Ned Leeds in the comics becomes Hobgoblin and Baron Mordo's apprentice.

He also gets cloned, brainwashed, risen from the dead twice, possessed, and steals God's power to rewrite the origin of humanity and make himself the Deputy Ruler of Earth under Mordo (need to aim higher with your dreams Ned. You steal powers from God and rewrite history to make yourself the assistant manager?) because ~*comic plot lines*~

And those are the hobgoblin's trademark weapons?

I found a lot of clickbaity Ned = bad posts, mentioning stuff from the movies, but they didn't mention that particular shot, or display the comic hobgoblin's weapons.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Mr. Nemo posted:

And those are the hobgoblin's trademark weapons?

I found a lot of clickbaity Ned = bad posts, mentioning stuff from the movies, but they didn't mention that particular shot, or display the comic hobgoblin's weapons.

There's a 100 different versions of hobgoblin in the comics. Some of them use a sword and a set of small knives. But, Hobgoblin's signature weapons are still the pumpkin bombs and glider.

I don't think that shot is definitive in any way. Just that when taken with all of the other references and the camera lingering on it seems to imply it is part of it.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

NWH Spoilers that makes his conversation with Tobyman more ominous.

Ned: Do YOU have a best friend, too?
T: :unsmith: I did. He died in my arms.... after he tried to kill me...
Ned: :yikes:

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

GigaPeon posted:

NWH Spoilers that makes his conversation with Tobyman more ominous.

Ned: Do YOU have a best friend, too?
T: :unsmith: I did. He died in my arms.... after he tried to kill me...
Ned: :yikes:

Not to mention
"I promise not to turn into a supervillan and kill you!"

Which is hilarious on it's own, even funnier in context, and super funny when Andrew's Peter gives him an approving nod

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
A little less than eight hours until the Hawkeye season finale. Please oh please let them stick the landing.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I like Ned, but man - Ganke in Insomniac's universe is just a stronger punchier take on the character

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

live with fruit posted:

Is it confirmed Eternals takes place before NWH? Because that seems like evidence that Eternals is the furthest along timeline wise

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

RatHat posted:

Is it confirmed Eternals takes place before NWH? Because that seems like evidence that Eternals is the furthest along timeline wise

Perhaps. I think it's more that New York City's populous is just resigned to crazy poo poo happening all the time.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

RatHat posted:

One of the producers said Eternals takes place around the same time as FFH.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

live with fruit posted:

One of the producers said Eternals takes place around the same time as FFH.

That kind of makes sense. Maybe Mysterio was piggy-backing his "elemental monsters" as an explanation for the real seismic disturbance of the Celestials about to emerge. And J. Jonah Jameson aside, Mysterio was known to be an illusionist so maybe people dismissed the big Celestial in the sky as another illusion.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Everyone posted:

That kind of makes sense. Maybe Mysterio was piggy-backing his "elemental monsters" as an explanation for the real seismic disturbance of the Celestials about to emerge. And J. Jonah Jameson aside, Mysterio was known to be an illusionist so maybe people dismissed the big Celestial in the sky as another illusion.

(NWH spoilers) It's interesting that they set Vulture, Scorpion and the rest of Team Mysterio up as lingering threats for Spider-Man, then never came back to them.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
I'm rewatching Netflix's Daredevil and my son is watching for the first time. We are overwhelmed by how much more daring it is than most MCU movies and all the Disney+ shows. Its stylized camerawork and lighting design just shines a spotlight on how samey the other movies and shows look. The hallway fight in episode 2 is better-conceived and more memorable than a million CGI-slugfests. I can't imagine any executive at D+ having the stones to greenlight a show even half this dark and mature. I mean, Matt Murdock fucks. We know Clint and Laura have def procreated 3x but Matt FUCKS. And Sweet Jesus Vincent Donofrio owns bones.

<sigh>

Did Disney ever quietly release New Mutants?

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

godogg posted:

Did Disney ever quietly release New Mutants?

Yes, it's been available for awhile now.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Can't say it's worth the wait.

I mean, I wasn't expecting much, but it's so formulaic that you can work out the entire plot and it's "twist" within minutes of the characters being introduced.

Really wish it was better :sigh:

EDIT: I know the existence of a twist might be considered a spoiler, but it's so obvious that it doesn't really even count as a twist. It's like watching the Star Wars prequels after watching every single other SW movie and somehow being surprised that Sheev is a bad guy.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Dec 22, 2021

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The season finale…has arrived.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Gonz posted:

The season finale…has arrived.

It’s flickering between dark and light for me every couple of seconds, like old Macrovision protection kicking in at high speed. At least for me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
"Kate you're my partner" :3:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

“Well, there’s that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kate and Yelena are literally the best

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Agent 19. Laura is Mockingbird. Well there's everyone's confirmation 100% that Agents of SHIELD is no longer MCU canon not that we really needed that confirmation.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I liked it, but it was very messy.

Also, I know they panned away, but if they really brought back D'Onofrio just to kill the Kingpin off in one episode it's probably the most actively frustrated I've been with the MCU in a long-rear end time if ever

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Arist posted:

Also, I know they panned away, but if they really brought back D'Onofrio just to kill the Kingpin off in one episode it's probably the most actively frustrated I've been with the MCU in a long-rear end time if ever

Well, the #1 rule with these sorts of things: If you didn’t see it happen, it might not have happened/probably didn’t happen.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Arist posted:

He survived pretty much a 1-to-1 confrontation with Maya in the comics, he’s 100% around in some form

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Arist posted:

That scene is literally straight from the comic.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ah, okay then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lmao at the post credit sequence of Hawkeye finale