Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rick posted:

They did the same joke last week and the week before about Vince liking to fire people but they didn't tweet about it so no one knew.

"Hey Sid, did you know I especially enjoy firing people just before the holidays."

*crickets*

"I saaaaid 'Hey Sid, did you know I especially enjoy firing people just before the holidays."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1473116870584815617

Edge dropped NXT's previous week's viewership by 110,000 / .06

Will AJ do better or worse than this?

Better AJ appeals to those who pray NXT 1.0 can be back.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

grayson waller

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Who?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

i'm gonna knock your brains in

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Vince looks like a melting candle holy poo poo

He looks like he’s on prednisone

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Liv’s promo had the structure of one of those random career mode promos where you see one sentence and then your person says an entire loving paragraph

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
vince hates old people being on tv, and didn't appear on tv for ages because he's too old, but now he's visibly old as gently caress and is on tv every week grossing everybody out. whats going on over there

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Seams posted:

vince hates old people being on tv, and didn't appear on tv for ages because he's too old, but now he's visibly old as gently caress and is on tv every week grossing everybody out. whats going on over there

He thinks he has to. I don't know why. Maybe one of his dipshit investors thought back to 1999 and said to him "you were the best thing on the show when wrestling was huge, you should get back on the camera if you wanna sink AEW".

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Vince looks like the Joker from the Adam West Batman series

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Pinche Rudo posted:

Vince looks like the Joker from the Adam West Batman series

Please don't insult Cesar Romero like that

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

grayson waller

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Zombie Lemur posted:

He's going to knock your brains out, but with an Australian accent.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Jesus Christ, Vince looks like someone tried to make Don Knotts in Oblvion.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Zombie Lemur posted:

lmao

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

He looks like an aged and slightly melted human version of the green goblin suit from the first spider-man movie

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Dec 21, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Zombie Lemur posted:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

looks to me like Vince misread the terms of the contract, and in some disused attic or basement there’s an oil portrait of him that radiates health, compassion and wisdom

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

zetamind2000 posted:

He looks like an aged and slightly melted human version of the green goblin suit from the first spider-man movie

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Show sounds absolutely miserable, as always, but why is AJ Styles beefing with some NXT dipshit at the same time that he's breaking up with Omos for some reason?

EDIT: Also, :lmao: at having Edge and Miz both do talk show segments on the same show. Just the most creatively bankrupt company.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Zombie Lemur posted:

Bwahahahjahaja

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

DeepDickPizza posted:

Show sounds absolutely miserable, as always, but why is AJ Styles beefing with some NXT dipshit at the same time that he's breaking up with Omos for some reason?

EDIT: Also, :lmao: at having Edge and Miz both do talk show segments on the same show. Just the most creatively bankrupt company.

At least the Edge talk show made sense in a storyline way. Miz used his wife as a shield, Edge gets her on so she can talk poo poo about Miz, turns out she was in on it and they team up and beat down Edge. It's a story thats been done a thousand times, but it is simple enough and makes sense why one would have a talk show for it.

The Miz/AJ/Omos stuff, (tease the breakup some more), could have been done in a thousand other much simpler, much more satisfying ways.

And I say this as someone who actually likes the Miz, (which is generally not a popular, or good, or defensible opinion.)

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

That feel when you can think of 20 Bryan dream matches involving people he worked with for 3 years

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They're delaying Veer's debut for so long I fully expect him to show up dancing to funk music

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The best Raw in a long time but still not something I would recommend to a person I liked.

Lashley and E/Owens and Seth have chemistry with each other and I think this would be better as two tag teams feuding instead.

I laughed a lot at the WWE not being able to book a nice place to go in Wisconsin for the 24/7 segment (maybe due to weather?) and instead ending up at one of those lovely selfie-lure indoor light magic things that are extremely cheap looking. I really need to get into that racket.

Idk overall there was more wrestling with things more closely resembling finishes (not good ones per se) which goes a long way towards me putting up with the show.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Rarity posted:

They're delaying Veer's debut for so long I fully expect him to show up dancing to funk music

Like some kind of Veer-a-dactyl?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Rick posted:

The best Raw in a long time but still not something I would recommend to a person I liked.

Lashley and E/Owens and Seth have chemistry with each other and I think this would be better as two tag teams feuding instead.

I laughed a lot at the WWE not being able to book a nice place to go in Wisconsin for the 24/7 segment (maybe due to weather?) and instead ending up at one of those lovely selfie-lure indoor light magic things that are extremely cheap looking. I really need to get into that racket.

Idk overall there was more wrestling with things more closely resembling finishes (not good ones per se) which goes a long way towards me putting up with the show.

lol the regular cheerleaders in the bad take thread were really down on the show which suggests maybe it was better or more approaching what a human could interpret as an attempt to be entertaining?

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Zombie Lemur posted:

:lol:

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

1glitch0 posted:

lol the regular cheerleaders in the bad take thread were really down on the show which suggests maybe it was better or more approaching what a human could interpret as an attempt to be entertaining?

I skim the show in 15 minutes for the people who I sometimes enjoy when they don't have to do stupid poo poo, and for poo poo that is so stupid it's amusing. From that perspective, it seemed the same. The Vince poo poo probably hurt their feelings when he joked about firing people they likely previously enjoyed. The show is definitely at an all time low, but it feels like that's been the case for awhile.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Rarity posted:

a better company could pull this off by doing this but bollywood

not vince though

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Gibson Wicker
Grable Walker
Grimble Walter
Grapple Windex
Grundle Wilson
Gremlin Walgreens

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Now most people can't make WWE promos sound natural but holy poo poo Liv is a bad talker.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Testekill posted:

Now most people can't make WWE promos sound natural but holy poo poo Liv is a bad talker.

Perhaps she'd function better as part of a group...some of sort... squad.

Not really sure what to make of Liv's trajectory. She outlasted her stablemates and seemed pretty over at one point (got a few big pops around the Lana storyline, particularly at the RR that year). She's got the look and seems fine in the ring.

Seems like fans have been clamoring for her to get into the title picture and now it's like "Actually this is kind of bad." I guess being involved in a 4HW storyline doesn't help her.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Rarity posted:

I'm expecting some where in the range between Emmalina and Shane Thorne.

Man it's kinda hitting me all at once, Australians are not doing super great in WWE.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Wally Grayson

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
That Liv promo is bad because of the writing. Her delivery doesn’t help either, but nobody there live wants to sit through 5 minutes of commercials only to come back to the ring with 8 minutes of someone verbally recapping what has happened over the past two weeks.

The writers love doing these “storytime” recap promos where someone stands in the ring and slowly tells the story about what has happened. It wasn’t interesting to watch, and it’s not interesting to recap that way either.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s because their demos are retired old men that can’t remember what happened five minutes prior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
vince mcmahon is most certainly not retired.