Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
When I got the 1080ti for standard MSRP a few years ago, it almost seemed like too much for the games/monitor I had or foolish “future-proof” buying, but it’s the one weird time it worked out very well.

I guess I should put myself on a waitlist, cause I’d like to be able to support an ultra wide monitor comfortably or maybe VR some day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

shame on an IGA posted:

I'm still on a GTX750 so I'm p sure the Ryzen integrated graphics would be an upgrade for me

Same, I'm hoping mine lives another year. I was hoping to do a new PC build next year, but that's not looking very likely.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
These guys don’t seem very smart.

https://twitter.com/jasonyanowitz/status/1472942484582014987?s=21

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

How can you be that loving stupid?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Has anyone checked on the Irish recently :ohdear:

bengy81
May 8, 2010

I thought it was less about status and more about swindling rubes?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

fknlo posted:

https://twitter.com/jrdolemite/status/1473084457733148674

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

fknlo posted:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
It's kind of amazing that useless rich people have found an avenue for conspicuous consumption that is even more wasteful and pointless than Italian supercars.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Their big suppliers are Lam West and McCain. Both of which are mainly in the Idaho/Alberta area and the potato crop out there was awful this year because of drought.

There will be massive shortages or price increases on potato products soon. Supply chain is mega hosed and it’s not just potatoes. Oil and batter ingredient shortages are causing problems with production and some customers like “Wandas” are doing marketing blitzes about new fries because their old recipe is literally impossible because of the lack of ingredients.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

When I got the 1080ti for standard MSRP a few years ago, it almost seemed like too much for the games/monitor I had or foolish “future-proof” buying, but it’s the one weird time it worked out very well.

I guess I should put myself on a waitlist, cause I’d like to be able to support an ultra wide monitor comfortably or maybe VR some day.

I comfortably ran VR with a 1060 6GB. Skyrim VR, Fallout VR, & Elite Dangerous all ran fine. Your 1080ti should be plenty.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The gently caress is Larva Labs?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Crab Dad posted:

The gently caress is Larva Labs?

You know, it's like a different NFT from bored ape. and Rarible. And SuperRare. And Cool Cats. And Cutie Cats. And CryptoKitties. And Stoner Cats. And Mutant Cats. And Monkey Art. And Mutant Ape. And CryptoPunk. And Cybertino. And CyberKongz.

I loving hate.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
FROSTED FLAKES FOR EVERYBODY

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/1473318559170318345?t=WEurZ_COABzmrVEQFKkBtQ&s=19

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Well I guess now I'll go back to just buying store brand cereal because I'm cheap instead of because I'm principled.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Good to see that labor isn't just a bunch of flakes.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Good to see that labor isn't just a bunch of flakes.

I was somewhat worried when the workers voted down the initial tentative agreement and Kellogg said they'd simply bring in permanent scabs. But then poo poo like this basically started happening that crossed party lines:

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1471152782518464518?t=f1f0nZ7hXl7xbNTw25Z_NQ&s=19

Union members vote and the WE'LL JUST GET SCABS was obvious bullshit bluster in a tight labor market (in hindsight). Kroger-branded Frosted Flakes were pretty bad tbh

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Don’t forget the Internet crashing the application website so nobody could even apply to be a scab.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
He sees you when you're sleeping

He knows when you're awake

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
See those a lot on New York City. Labor unions deploy it when picketing non-union job sites.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Does it have herpes

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I thought everyone knew Scabby the Rat :shrug:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I know him but I'm not familiar with his sexual history no

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I bought a can of pringles because I forgot that was under the Kellogg's umbrella. I am scabby the rat

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facialimpediment posted:

I thought everyone knew Scabby the Rat :shrug:

Oh yeah specially growing up in Philadelphia. That said for comedic irony apparently they’re all imported from China, the dude was able to find them on like AliExpress. I have no clue if this is true in general or some random exception of someone copying something that already exist in the US, it’s just kind of funny.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Kellogg's started pulling their name off of some packaging (pop tarts, etc) because their name has been so loving toxic of late.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Fox just keeps foxin'

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1473039073535213570

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

MA-Horus posted:

Kellogg's started pulling their name off of some packaging (pop tarts, etc) because their name has been so loving toxic of late.

I noticed last night the single-serving frosted flakes in the break room say "Malt-O-Meal" on them, not Kellogg's

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Yeah they keep seeing how far they can push it, and nobody is going to stop them.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Sportsball and vaccinations have come up lately, here's some states from the NBA:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1473434639180124164?t=f0Z3BF7p54_QrPHX_Kc8nQ&s=19

With how hosed up vaccinations tend to get my arms, I kinda get where players are coming from if they're delaying boosters in the middle of the season, but they should just get a "load management" week off or some poo poo.

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

facialimpediment posted:

Sportsball and vaccinations have come up lately, here's some states from the NBA:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1473434639180124164?t=f0Z3BF7p54_QrPHX_Kc8nQ&s=19

With how hosed up vaccinations tend to get my arms, I kinda get where players are coming from if they're delaying boosters in the middle of the season, but they should just get a "load management" week off or some poo poo.

Yeah, just got my moderna booster last night and my arm was half useless working construction today. Thankfully it's winter so nothing crazy. But I knew the job ahead of time and planned it so I could skate a couple days. Can't imagine having a dead arm and chills etc for a few days while trying to maintain a world class edge in the NBA. Same time it's better alive than dead.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dr. Robert Amler posted:

“In the ’80s, when I was at the CDC, we were vaccinating a Big Ten basketball team because they all got exposed to the measles,” Amler said. “We were all set to vaccinate and then I got a panicky call from the coach who said, ‘You’re not vaccinating my team, you are not gonna do that.’ We went back and forth—you know, when people don’t really listen to each other, it’s a darn shame, because we could have made a really short conversation if he had only explained exactly what his problem was, but I eventually figured it out. These guys are going to play basketball and you need a nice healthy shoulder in order to shoot hoops. And that’s all he was worried about—he just didn’t want it in the shoulder. And I said, ‘Coach, how about we give it in the leg or the buttocks?’ and he said, ‘Oh, that’s fine. That’ll be just fine.’ ”

Not that that solves the problem for everyone, but it’s a good story.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

facialimpediment posted:

Just give the whole league a 3 day break to get the shot.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

RFC2324 posted:

Just give the whole league a 3 day break to get the shot.

You mean a three-day Bacchanalian in Vegas? With no masks because they're athletes and they're immortal?

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 22, 2021

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JackMurphyRGR/status/1473383961124552708?t=Xca4u5EExo9HZTVD3CCeWA&s=19

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

So is only MARSOC, the Rangers, and Air Force STT the only squares left for a "they're ALL assholes" BINGO?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
They're all assholes, sorry.

LMAO, especially rangers. Like everything wrong with the big Army distilled within a single unit. I don't doubt that dudes with scrolls produce great numbers for their OER/NCOER bullets but they're miserable to work for.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Aren’t Green Berets, at least the Pre GWOT, considered not awful?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I used to think that, I have several SF family members. Their credibility with me has taken a considerable beating since 2016.

Go take a look at any of the public SOF forums, they're packed to the brim with chuds. Though I guess that's not unusual for a military oriented group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/Bryson_M/status/1473501274272325634