Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

FactsAreUseless posted:

Let's compromise and call the ability Blood Draw.

The only Draw that should be brought in is giving me my loving Sleeve Draw back, SE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

these grapes still look pretty jank even with 2x the polygons

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Just make wine with your ugly fruit,drat folks

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Onean posted:

I was confused for a second, because I'd only done EXDR daily three times and had enough to buy my weapon/shield and everything on the left plus one ring, with the dungeon accessories filling everything out to 566 ilvl. Then I remembered I had also done all of the other non-MSQ roulettes those days too, and ran the EXDR twice more without the daily bonus (you still get the tomestones for the the bosses, the normal completion bonus and the first-time completion bonus if you get lucky), and realized why. :v:

Yeah, if people aren't running 5678 roulette and complaining about lacking Aphorism then welp :shrug:

RME
Feb 20, 2012

You must cosplay ff4 characters to enter this ride

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

the new grapes dont even look good still.

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

I decided to roll a new character with the intent of going black mage, is it fun? Thaumaturge is kind of boring so far, but I don't have many buttons to press yet.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
It was either fate farm to work on my 60/60s or run 5678. Decisions were made

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

pissinthewind posted:

I decided to roll a new character with the intent of going black mage, is it fun? Thaumaturge is kind of boring so far, but I don't have many buttons to press yet.

It's fantastic at cap but kind of annoying to deal with mechanics before you get triplecast

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

pissinthewind posted:

Blm changes about three times over the levels. 1-50 is basically fire proc mage, and while I love it it is a simple rotation. After you get fire 4 and the enochian trait you have more to do, but the basic premise of 'dot, fire phase, ice' only really changes to 'dot, ice phase, fire phase', just with more buttons.

E: lvl 90 BLM is better than it ever has been, and blm has never been bad. You poo poo out explosions and it is a very fun time.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Man P3 is a right ballbuster.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

I said come in! posted:

It’s not like Lightning Returns Dog bad, but it still looks pretty bad lmao

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I did a hunt train and finished gearing up to 569 at work today, with some materia to slot in now (though I threw some on the market board too, because I'm a monster), so I'm pretty excited to raid when I get home.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I said come in! posted:

They look worse

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Control Volume posted:

They look worse

Yeah, Square should have left them alone.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

12-polygon grapes were one of the highlights of the expansion and theyve ruined it for all future players.....

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Control Volume posted:

12-polygon grapes were one of the highlights of the expansion and theyve ruined it for all future players.....

Least we can say we were there. We bore witness to the grapes eternal glory.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ibblebibble posted:

Man P3 is a right ballbuster.

Really? I found P2 way worse.

In terms of difficulty, P2 = P4 > P3 > P1 imo

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I'm hardly complaining about it, but the number of things i've had to throw away because EXDR only drops accessories is wild. I'm no Savage raider either. I just want the weapon, the gear as previewed doesn't excite me.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Role matters. P2 is awfully challenging as a healer based on how much healing you need to do and how it seems to alternate between stack and spread-oriented mechanics making reaching everyone with potent heals like Cure 3 difficult. For everyone else, it seems pretty straightforward.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Hunter Noventa posted:

I'm hardly complaining about it, but the number of things i've had to throw away because EXDR only drops accessories is wild. I'm no Savage raider either. I just want the weapon, the gear as previewed doesn't excite me.

I get why they don't want the artifact gear to be obsolete the day you get it, but I kind of do wish the EXDR dungeons had gear drops instead of just accessories, even if they were only 5 ilvls higher or something. If nothing else it would give me more than just goldsmithing desynth points.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Ah, yeah, I guess that tracks. The healing in P2 is mean.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Sinteres posted:

I get why they don't want the artifact gear to be obsolete the day you get it, but I kind of do wish the EXDR dungeons had gear drops instead of just accessories, even if they were only 5 ilvls higher or something. If nothing else it would give me more than just goldsmithing desynth points.

Well, flip side is that it helps you fill out the RHS which artifact gear doesn't provide. Of course, 560 isn't enough anyway....

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I was tanking and I would rate them p3 > p2 > p4 > p1 personally. Once you grok p4 it's pretty easy, though I can tell how they're going to remix it in savage to be way harder.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

I was tanking and I would rate them p3 > p2 > p4 > p1 personally. Once you grok p4 it's pretty easy, though I can tell how they're going to remix it in savage to be way harder.

Yeah, P4S is probably going to involve poo poo like (speculation) having to stand in opposite-element puddles to blunt the blasts, some of the "no-healer" mechanics mixing in "yes-healer" elements, etc

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Zeruel posted:

pandemonium is very fun. they hosed up another perfectly good bird

P3 Spoilers:

Dev1: Alright we gotta come up with raid bosses any ideas
Dev2: Boy it's really going to be hard to top Eden 3, I mean where do you even go after an idea as great as It's Leviathan But Two Heads?
Dev1: Yeah...
(The sound of raid designers thinking)
Dev3: GUYS I GOT A GREAT IDEA

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
How the hot buttered gently caress did my audio stuttering issues get worse after the patch?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

for EW they doubled down (heh) on this. you can store an extra cartridge, bloodfest gives you 3 instead of 2, and burst strike now also has a continuation followup. what other people may charitably have called "busy" before is honestly now A Lot. i am absolutely not complaining about this. i'm already extremely attached to hypervelocity, and when i get synced to 80 or below i immediately miss it. but, i cannot lie, gnb feels like its at an absolute breaking point for buttons to press in some burst windows. here's how it looks when bloodfest lines up with no mercy in the middle of a fight:
https://twitter.com/Kaubocks/status/1471675440582389766

I absolutely love Hypervelocity, it feels so drat good to press

That said about the only reason I can even kinda keep up with GNB's burst window is that I have Continuation on a side mouse button instead of a keyboard key. That makes it really comfortable to press between GCDs even if I need to double weave. If I didn't do that, or if I was playing on a controller, I think GNB would be full-on piano mode now.

GNB rules

I do wish they'd stop making gap closers do damage, though. I guess it might feel weird if it didn't but I wish I could just hold onto them for when I need mobility instead of needing to weave them in for damage. Well I mean I sometimes do that anyway but it feels like I'm Playing Wrong if I do.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Harrow posted:

I do wish they'd stop making gap closers do damage, though. I guess it might feel weird if it didn't but I wish I could just hold onto them for when I need mobility instead of needing to weave them in for damage. Well I mean I sometimes do that anyway but it feels like I'm Playing Wrong if I do.

That's exactly why they've erred toward giving them charges now, so you can use it on cooldown but have one saved for utility.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

GNB does rule but I'm still grappling with keeping everything together over longer complex encounters. You always start out with everything syncing up nicely for your no mercy windows but if you make rotational screw-ups or don't anticipate enforced downtime things can get sticky very quickly. When the wheels come off the GNB rotation the crash can be pretty spectacular and painful to remedy.

Also while Hypervelocity does own I personally feel that GNB's core feature now occupies too many of my oGCDs. There's been a few times already where tanking responsibilities merge with hitting all my buttons and I end up screaming "please stop making me double weave it's been like 20 seconds" at my screen. It also dramatically reduces how mobile you can be if you need to drag bosses around since it's effectively impossible to do micromovements between GCDs if you have to plant for a continuation oGCD. I'm leveling Warrior as well and that tank feels way, way, way less hectic to play which frankly is an objective advantage in raids that demand you split your attention more.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, P4S is probably going to involve poo poo like (speculation) having to stand in opposite-element puddles to blunt the blasts, some of the "no-healer" mechanics mixing in "yes-healer" elements, etc

A little more speculation, but on P3S: There wasn't any noticeable use of Phoinix having three heads, so I'm betting it's charge across the platform (and maybe something else) will target differing thirds instead of just the middle, as right now the middle head is the only one charging fire while the outer two aren't.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Harrow posted:

I do wish they'd stop making gap closers do damage, though.

ha ha can you imagine if they made them even more important. Maybe put them on a gcd and make you do two in a row lol

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Dunno what y'all's problem is, Icarus loving ruuuuuules~

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

There's a mechanic I didn't fully understand in P3 Experimental Plume or something; there seemed to be two variants, one that hit the center of the platform, and another that seemed to drop circles in a rotating pattern around the edges, with one in the middle. It feels I'm missing a tell because I can't tell which one it's going to be, so my strategy was to just stay close to the edge of the arena to avoid the first type, and to be ready to sprint around if it was the second type.

e: How often is there mechanics where if the party does them wrong, everyone gets vuln?

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 21, 2021

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Oxyclean posted:

There's a mechanic I didn't fully understand in P3 Experimental Plume or something; there seemed to be two variants, one that hit the center of the platform, and another that seemed to drop circles in a rotating pattern around the edges, with one in the middle. It feels I'm missing a tell because I can't tell which one it's going to be, so my strategy was to just stay close to the edge of the arena to avoid the first type, and to be ready to sprint around if it was the second type.

The tell is lots of fireballs around boss is the multiple explosions around the edge. One big fireball is the single explosion in the middle. At least that’s what I was told when I asked whilst doing the fight.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Lord_Magmar posted:

The tell is lots of fireballs around boss is the multiple explosions around the edge. One big fireball is the single explosion in the middle. At least that’s what I was told when I asked whilst doing the fight.

That's correct. It's one of those visual tells that doesn't have a marker until it's too late.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

e: How often is there mechanics where if the party does them wrong, everyone gets vuln?

I've only done the encounter once but I think I had it figured out by the end - this is entirely a repackaged mechanic from A11S right down to how you recognize how it's going to deploy. Watch Phoinix's body when the cast bar finishes and the animation will be different for if it's big center circle or rotating circles. The big center circle is a single large fire sphere that grows around Phoinix and shoots up.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

So I've been mostly casually enjoying EW so far, but now that I the savage tier is a couple weeks out I figured I should start getting a little serious and see what the Balance thinks my opener should be.

Wow, the optimal sam opener sure is way different than it was in ShB. But the job nevertheless still has to do filler GCDs in the long run rotation. I guess I'll have to work on building new muscle memory.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

whenever the boss needs to be moved i simply press shirk and make the other tank do it

this is only half a joke. if you're in a static it's worth having these talks with your cotank. in e8s i would often be in the middle of gnashing fang as the boss needed to be dragged around for gaze mirrors. my cotank at the time was a war, so we just had her provoke there, move the boss for me, and then i'd provoke back after the mechanic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

I'm guessing (Pandaemonium speculation) there's 100% going to be Lahabrea fight in some form in this raid series so they can give the final unsundered a proper fight after being killed billions of times as a joke boss in MSQ roulette.