Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Does it though?

Some people keep saying so!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That’s illegal to post

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

Imagine knowing or even thinking about Delaware

does thinking about Joe Flacco count?

e: posted this without realizing there was a new page. owned

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Imagine knowing or even thinking about Delaware

the best part about going to delaware is that you get to leave

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Many people do it. Just ask affluent south jersey native Joe flacco.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

I’m pretty sure that’s west virgina

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
He sort of reminds me of that guy from the Big Bang Theory show there.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
My sources are now informing me that Joe flacco has never been near virgina. Sorry

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Beginning to think the browns are not doing great

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Eh. Whatever. The Browns did themselves in by getting Covid.

They fought hard and came down to 3 seconds and one play.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Down 18 players and starting Nick loving Mullens they lost by a point. I'm not going to scream that they're horrible, because I think they win that game with Mayfield or Keenum, but this is not the year to have a questionable kicker when you play a game that shortens games and inherently makes margins tighter.

Also what the gently caress was that soft coverage bullshit at the end Woods. They didn't connect deep all day.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

TheGreyGhost posted:

Down 18 players and starting Nick loving Mullens they lost by a point. I'm not going to scream that they're horrible, because I think they win that game with Mayfield or Keenum, but this is not the year to have a questionable kicker when you play a game that shortens games and inherently makes margins tighter.

Also what the gently caress was that soft coverage bullshit at the end Woods. They didn't connect deep all day.

gently caress Joe Woods.
gently caress Joe Woods.
gently caress Joe Woods.
gently caress Joe Woods.
gently caress Joe Woods.
gently caress Joe Woods.
gently caress Joe Woods.
gently caress Joe Woods.
gently caress Joe Woods.
gently caress Joe Woods.
gently caress Joe Woods.
gently caress Joe Woods.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Tonight the Browns lost to the Las Vegas Raiders, knocking them out of the playoffs for the time being.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Bismack Billabongo posted:

My sources are now informing me that Joe flacco has never been near vagina. Sorry

Edit: The dude we took in the fifth round back in May has already kicked the longest field goal in Bengals history, has the CAREER record for most 50+ yard field goals for a Bengals kicker, and is 1 50+ yard field goal away from tying the NFL single season record for most 50+ yard field goals with three games remaining.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Dec 21, 2021

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

He has like 8 kids or some poo poo so he must have a hell of a gene clinic

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

He has like 8 kids or some poo poo so he must have a hell of a gene clinic

Am I a Joe Flacco?

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

gently caress Joe Woods.

Controversial opinion: Joe Woods is fine. Our defense is the reason we've been in the last few games. Ravens started to come back against our D, but that's mainly because our offense couldn't do poo poo. Plus, our D scored 7 points in that. And with the Raiders, we had 2 turnovers and held them to 16 points. (And it would've been 13, if we converted a single first down.) That should be good enough. We're 12th overall in scoring defense. Our offense is really the problem. If we had this defense last year, we'd have hosted a playoff game.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

so who’s the best team in the afc north

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Declan MacManus posted:

It’s still the browns

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Declan MacManus posted:

Easily Cincinnati.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Easily Cincinnati.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We’re talking about football, not chili

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

We’re talking about football, and chili

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If you are looking at how the teams are currently constructed and available Cincinnati is the best team. Considering where the rosters were going into the season, when everyone was healthy, Baltimore is significantly better.

I rate Cleveland slightly behind Cincinnati, but in a head-to-head matchup it's hard not to favor Cleveland just because they've had such incredible success versus the Bengals. Baker plays like Mahomes against us for some reason.

It's a little surprising to me that the general public seems to be expecting Baltimore to win on Sunday. I don't think it's a slam dunk or anything, but it's hard not to say Cincinnati matches up well against Baltimore. Cincinnati struggles against teams that can get consistent good pressure with their front four and I really don't feel like that's Baltimore this year. Cincinnati's very good against the run and very good against blitz packages, which is Baltimore's bread and butter. Denver did a very good job against our passing game, but their personnel is light years above what Baltimore currently has available to them.

To me Baltimore wins if Wink can figure out something that he didn't figure out week 7 AND Andrews puts the entire offense on his back and has a game like Chase did in the first matchup. I expect Andrews to have a monster game but I don't expect the defense to be able to hinder the Bengals offense and it's hard for a tight end to carry a team to 30 plus points.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I think if Lamar plays and still hasn't mentally recovered the Bengals will win easily. But if Huntley starts the Ravens have a chance.

And if it comes down to pressuring the QB the Ravens have no chance. We don't get consistent pressure at all.

It's weird because I like Martindale a lot of the time but his teams are just never any good at getting consistent pressure. Last year we had Yannick Ngakouwe and Matt Judon both not to mention sometimes healthy Calais Campbell and we just couldn't do it. But then he will do so much other stuff right.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Dec 21, 2021

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

If the Browns can't win the division, I'm rooting for the other Ohio team. I just hope Derrick Henry gets back soon.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Woozie66 posted:

If the Browns can't win the division, I'm rooting for the other Ohio team. I just hope Derrick Henry gets back soon.

As a Browns fan married into a Bengals family, this is about where I'm at. Anything that sends the Steelers to hell rules, and I can at least enjoy the Baltimore guys in my office getting hyped about football more than Pittsburgh (it's not on the Ravens fans that Art Modell is a traitor and coward who used their own loss of team to rip the heart out of Cleveland).

The real monkey's paw this year is what happens if Baker's body isn't half broken the whole year. If his accuracy was even like 5% better, this feels like it could have been a 9-10 win team by now, but he's only looked dialed in for like 3 games this year.

Getting another receiver who's a big body like DPJ in the draft seems ideal as well, since we've established that Baker essentially never is capable of throwing to guys his own height. Maybe go find another DL too since I'm getting exhausted watching Malik McDowell rack up personal fouls and the other DTs be mediocre out there.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I was more joking that the Titans are the other Ohio team, but I 100% agree with everything you said. Bengals will always be better than Ball Pitt. This year feels like a wasted chance, but we're still a .500 team after 14 weeks. I feel like this is just what happens now that we're no longer a true tire fire who wins like 4 games a year. I'm hopeful for the last two games, and hopeful for next year.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Juju was right

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

If the Bengals lose I'm going to call them the bungles again :twisted:

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Not. Cool. Words can hurt.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ack, Joe Woods!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I have a “I’m glad the bungles lost” post ready to go

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Cincinnati Bengals

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Now I know how the winning queens feel on Drag Race when they won but everyone else takes up airtime by crying

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm just glad Huntley has had a couple games where he looked good so he's not eligible for the hated "unknown backup quarterback bullshit."

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

thuntley thuperbowl thwenty thwenty thwoo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/thescore/status/1473751154567917569?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Remember when Jamar Chase was surprised that Cincinnati had buildings and cars? Lol.

quote:

I rode the scooter yesterday around, that was pretty much it. This is not what I thought Cincinnati was going to be, so I'm actually liking this so far. I actually thought Cincinnati was gonna be a bunch of land. Like over there was gonna be a bunch of land. I didn't realize we had so many buildings, tall buildings, hills, like trains. So much is down here you know, so I was actually surprised.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Dec 22, 2021