Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Gonzo McFee posted:

I think it genuinely is. It's one of those things about being British that I've never really liked. Someone you barely know insults you but in the cadence of "Hey you seem like you're a nice guy who can take a joke". If you take it well and give it back then you are a good guy and will receive more banter. If you don't then you're a oval office who can't take a joke and marked out for more banter, but less shielded and more openly bullying. It's the social interaction equivalent of those youtube prank videos where someone smashes up a Tesco but in a Spiderman costume.

i dunno i'm british and i think this is very accurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Britain is a place governed by the crylaugh emoji.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
If it’s a work it sucks, and if it isn’t a work it sucks even more

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

https://mobile.twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/1473103579305103364

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

This is a very poor understanding of the deep intricacies of British banter culture

P sure Gonzo is from this hellish island of Covid and Tories. And as someone else from the UK yes, it's very accurate. Receiving 'bants' is largely indistinguishable from someone being a dick to you a lot of the time.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I learned everything I know about English culture from the 2004 classic The Football Factory. You basically divide your time between torturing your mates with bantz and assaulting Millwall fans.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Gaz-L posted:

P sure Gonzo is from this hellish island of Covid and Tories. And as someone else from the UK yes, it's very accurate. Receiving 'bants' is largely indistinguishable from someone being a dick to you a lot of the time.

Yeah, if someone’s not actually your friend, you don’t know where to draw the line.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
When I went to the UK in the early 1990s, I was expecting it to be a mix of "A Clockwork Orange" and "All Creatures Great and Small", and damned if that wasn't almost right on target :v:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Lamuella posted:

Britain is a place governed by the crylaugh emoji.
And if you don't like there's the door

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

achillesforever6 posted:

And if you don't like there's the door

Simple as.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Sydney Bottocks posted:

When I went to the UK in the early 1990s, I was expecting it to be a mix of "A Clockwork Orange" and "All Creatures Great and Small", and damned if that wasn't almost right on target :v:

Your ruling class, as they are trained from birth to be sociopathic, have taken up cruelty as a passtime and are passing along their maladaptive practices to those for whom empathy is still somewhat of a natural impulse.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Anthony ogogo’s tweets have big Seth Rollins in 2019 vibes to them

Are you saying that Anthony Ogogo is tweeting like a narcissistic Joker who is going through a midlife crisis?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Are you saying that Anthony Ogogo is tweeting like a narcissistic Joker who is going through a midlife crisis?

no no no, 2019 rollins. a complete dweeb that cries at clown masks and lets a "seth rollins is not cool" sign live in his head rent free for months

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Critical posted:

no no no, 2019 rollins. a complete dweeb that cries at clown masks and lets a "seth rollins is not cool" sign live in his head rent free for months

The man who somehow lost a Twitter fight to Will Ospreay

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

The man who somehow lost a Twitter fight to Will Ospreay

Can't help but be reminded of the old saying about not arguing with an idiot because they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaz-L posted:

That's not banter though that's just being a oval office

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
https://twitter.com/thekaun/status/1473100335313035270

Kaun has poken

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Rarity posted:

Yes that's banter.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

Yes that's banter.

:yeah:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

Yes, banter is often a thinly veiled excuse to act like a oval office. TBH I thought it had died off with Nuts & Zoo magazines.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

he look like Dada 5000 been left in the wash

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXaBBZ7Fegn/

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

coconono posted:

he look like Dada 5000 been left in the wash

He looks like someone programmed an AI to auto-generate an Anoa'i.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

sticklefifer posted:

He looks like someone programmed an AI to auto-generate an Anoa'i.

Can I get a printout of Kaun smiling?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh, he's a Shane Taylor guy, he's gonna be good.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

coconono posted:

oh, he's a Shane Taylor guy, he's gonna be good.

Yeah, he's cool

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1473423175706947590

Put some respect on the name Jeff!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
HOOK, PAC, and RIHO (not sure if she's really all-caps but her Twitter handle is)

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston
https://twitter.com/cozy_lariat/status/1473439396284465153

Nutella is a god.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It’s fine.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I haven't had Nutella in a while, I should change that. Thank you Kojima-san

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Makes me sad my bread club gangtag got lost. But with our without, if you join Bread Club you're Bread Club 4 Lyfe.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nutella on a crepe… delish

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Mr. Squishy posted:

HOOK, PAC, and RIHO (not sure if she's really all-caps but her Twitter handle is)

BUDGE

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Nutella is great but I'll never stop being amused at Ferrero trying to market its sugar chocolate hazelnut spread as a healthy breakfast food

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nut on a crap

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

get his rear end

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Nutella is great but I'll never stop being amused at Ferrero trying to market its sugar chocolate hazelnut spread as a healthy breakfast food

It worked, even if it has more sugar than literal cake frosting.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the only time nutella has ever tasted remotely good was after strenuous physical activity, so Kojima's onto something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Nutella loving sucks. Jelly all day every day