Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
A pleasant surprise about the Titanic is how much of the interior structure is actually standard brick built and not just technic beams and pins. Really gives the impression that you’re building a true model ship rather than just sticking greebling on a skeleton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

A pleasant surprise about the Titanic is how much of the interior structure is actually standard brick built and not just technic beams and pins. Really gives the impression that you’re building a true model ship rather than just sticking greebling on a skeleton.

This is the main reason why i haven't bought the UCS Star Destroyer... which sucks because it's about to be retired.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

mik posted:

There's 3 or 4 mistakes between the three books, I think they're all parts list errors, except this one where steps 320 and 321 are in the wrong order.

There's also a step or two where you place a piece that isn't called out until the step after. I think it's lbg 2 x 6 plates or bricks iirc. Actually a lot of tiny errors in that one.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Goodness. I just finished Box 2 and I hadn't noticed any of these, I've just been "sailing" through it!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Futanari Damacy posted:

Goodness. I just finished Box 2 and I hadn't noticed any of these, I've just been "sailing" through it!

Did you catch the :siren:ILLEGAL MANEUVER:siren: ?

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
That's not illegal. It is with plates because the studs get in the way of each other, but with tiles it's fine.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

That's not illegal. It is with plates because the studs get in the way of each other, but with tiles it's fine.

There's a bunch of other sets that have it with a tile as well - the flag on Saturn V is one I can think of

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Oh huh. I just assumed all placements like that were “illegal” until Lego did it themselves.

I don’t remember the one on the Saturn V but it’s been at least 5 or 6 years since I built that.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Jeanine's desk in the Ghostbusters Firehouse does something like that with a 1 x 4 x 1 panel iirc.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Made another speeder. I've run out of fun coral pieces but figured I could do some neat stuff with lamp posts for the engines. Between the flowers in the engines, the colour scheme and the more industrial look I think I'll call it the Worker Bee.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

w00tazn posted:

This is the main reason why i haven't bought the UCS Star Destroyer... which sucks because it's about to be retired.

The UCS star destroyer is actually a really fun build. The technic skeleton goes together in like 2 hours or less and the rest is pretty much stacking plates and greebling them. It’s actually a pretty straight forward build that doesn’t get too tedious.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Made another speeder. I've run out of fun coral pieces but figured I could do some neat stuff with lamp posts for the engines. Between the flowers in the engines, the colour scheme and the more industrial look I think I'll call it the Worker Bee.

This is clearly the pace speeder

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I thought maybe it was a tow speeder for clearing wrecks off the course.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Crash test dummy speeder

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
https://www.instagram.com/lego/p/CXv8dKWN_-Y/?utm_medium=copy_link

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Late to the party but I finally finished building the UCS Falcon.

My wife bought me the coffee table so I could use it as a display case in our living room. The build was a lot more fun towards the end than I ever expected. Also echoing that I don't enjoy sets that are technic beams and pins that your just slapping a shell on. Maybe I'll buy the Titanic after all.

Though I would love if they made a UCS Dreadnaught or some historical battleship/Man of War too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

$15 for the pair at a flea market! Both look complete, save for the instructions. :toot:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hmmm. Curious as to what sets they'd have. Or maybe they'll do a video game. Either way, count me in probs.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Matrix sets? That'd be pretty violent for lego. Could be cool though.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

A set that is just a thousand Agent Smith heads for use on all your existing figs

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Built 60283 with my daughter and she embellished the top with the extras.

I got my first baby!!!!!!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

$15 for the pair at a flea market! Both look complete, save for the instructions. :toot:

Nice!

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

The_Doctor posted:

These were the exact two sets I bought when I came out of my dark ages in 2002. Neat coincidence!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

deoju posted:

Matrix sets? That'd be pretty violent for lego.

Honestly, the first one at least is pretty mild in comparison to your average PG-13 Marvel movie nowadays.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I'll take an Agent Smith vs Morpheus bathroom fight or Neo waiting under a rainy bridge set please.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

watch lego make, like, a spiral zone set or a dinosaucers set because the license is so cheap

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

The Voice of Labor posted:

watch lego make, like, a spiral zone set or a dinosaucers set because the license is so cheap

I’ve never seen this show before but I don’t think I’ve ever needed a set so much:

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Lol if you don't start your day with the Dinosaucers theme at full volume

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS DINOSAUCERS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START SINGING THE THEME ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN SINGER

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Just wanted to show this one more time now that I've got the custom printed tiles to finish it off.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zefiel posted:

Lol if you don't start your day with the Dinosaucers theme at full volume

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS DINOSAUCERS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START SINGING THE THEME ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN SINGER

The dinosaucers are leaving, bossasaur!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Carbohydrates posted:

Just wanted to show this one more time now that I've got the custom printed tiles to finish it off.

Looks great. How'd you do the prints?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

deoju posted:

Looks great. How'd you do the prints?
Recreated the original as best I could in Photoshop and sent 'em over to The Original BrickEngraver. It's not cheap, but the results are great. He did the printing for my Death Proof Nova as well.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Carbohydrates posted:

Before death, drink. :hai:

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

deoju posted:

Matrix sets? That'd be pretty violent for lego. Could be cool though.

I'd argue no less violent than Lord of the Rings. The big difference is guns.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The other difference is that LotR is about killing dudes who look like orcs and the Matrix is about killing dudes who look like cops

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Carbohydrates posted:

Recreated the original as best I could in Photoshop and sent 'em over to The Original BrickEngraver. It's not cheap, but the results are great. He did the printing for my Death Proof Nova as well.

I have a copy (well, gifted a copy) of this nova can attest to the quality of the prints and of course the build itself.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Handsome Ralph posted:

Though I would love if they made a UCS Dreadnaught or some historical battleship/Man of War too.

Man of War maybe, but historical battleship I somehow can’t imagine, as Lego doesn’t make modern/semi-modern war stuff. But who knows.

See if Cobi is available somewhere around you. The historical collection ships are all pretty awesome, though at a smaller scale (1:300) than the Titanic (1:200). They just released the HMS Hood, gonna build that over the holidays and but it next to the Bismarck hehe.

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

TT Games made Lego The Matrix in 2013: https://lego-fanon.fandom.com/wiki/LEGO_The_Matrix So.. sets might not be such a stretch. Or my google fu is failing me and this is all a dream.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

engessa posted:

TT Games made Lego The Matrix in 2013: https://lego-fanon.fandom.com/wiki/LEGO_The_Matrix So.. sets might not be such a stretch. Or my google fu is failing me and this is all a dream.

Yeah, it's not real.

quote:

This Wiki is for users to show their ideas on what they thinks should be created from things related to the LEGO Group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Ironically I wouldn't list a website like that among the list of things that should exist related to the Lego group.