Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I almost want to watch Raw if it's actually that bad this week

But it's probably just the straw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

The funniest thing there is that Gareth has admitted he watches RAW live. In Wales this will be from 1am till... 4am! I forgot raw was 3 hours dear god.
He's lasted this long that's almost impressive

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I think it's mostly sad. Dynamite goes from 2am to 4am for me and Rampage from 4am to 5am and those are consistently good shows. And I'm not gonna stay up this long every week for it either. And I'd like to. But there's a job I have and other obligations that need to be met. Then there's sleep.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

What's weird to me is that Raw wasn't notably awful last night, just ... same as always. Yeah, they did another iteration of CAN THEY COEXIST for the main event, but it's not like they put on, say, a five-minute squash preceded by 25 minutes of stalling as the main event.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
I have my morning coffee, time to scroll through the tweet machine.

Hmm that looks pretty banal. I guess I can scroll through the repli-no. Oh no. What month is this tweet from?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

That tweet was sent half a year ago but it only arrived just now because that person's computer is super slow due to mining bitcoin all the time.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume that's Cole setting up the Kyle debut as well so it's just bizarre as a reply even outside the lol of the content

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
I like how this person said "you had a mentor in hhh" who is now both memory-holed from NXT and also dead, not the best example to emulate I'd say :colbert:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Crypto and wrestling, together at last.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

Crypto and wrestling, together at last.

How quickly they forget John Cena's NFTs

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

The one main thing I have taken away from wwe fan twitter the last few months is that Adam Cole leaving completely broke them. Not Danielson for some reason, but Cole just packing up and going AEW in like a week was something they just couldn't comprehend despite the rumors of what they were going to do with him on the main roster. "You could have been something on the main roster!" "You betrayed HHH!" "You were the chosen one!"

Everyone who gets fired, they just go, "Dead weight, they weren't good enough for the god promotion", but Cole leaving under his own accord broke their brains.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

NXT has revolved around Cole and TUE for years. He was basically the main character of Dynamite’s rival show. Until this year, War Games existed primarily for TUE to do something in the fall, yeah?

I can see why him leaving broke so many people.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

he was also very clearly HBK's chosen wrestle-son

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

May Bron Breakker be their new messiah. Until he suddenly starts talking like his father and his uncle.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don’t pay attention to WWE out of gifs and the TUE guys always looked like dorks. The amount of vitriol fans work up over Cole switching rings is endlessly entertaining. Despite decades of evidence to the contrary, you were gonna be the one, Adam!

But I guess WWE erased most of the history where HBK got to do whatever simply because WWF had no other choices.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

IGgy IGsen posted:

May Bron Breakker be their new messiah. ESPECIALLY when he suddenly starts talking like his father and his uncle.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

do the StandUpForWWE types even love Bron Breakker? They seem to only defend the aspects of NXT 2.0 that are abject poo poo, which is everything but Bron Breakker. It's never "hey check out this dude doing smooth power moves, he's going to be a star," it's always "here's why the 45-second shot of Mandy Rose's chest was good poo poo, pal, too many flips in AEW"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

D.N. Nation posted:

do the StandUpForWWE types even love Bron Breakker? They seem to only defend the aspects of NXT 2.0 that are abject poo poo, which is everything but Bron Breakker. It's never "hey check out this dude doing smooth power moves, he's going to be a star," it's always "here's why the 45-second shot of Mandy Rose's chest was good poo poo, pal, too many flips in AEW"

so far none of the quotes presented have indicated they watch wrestling at all.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

D.N. Nation posted:

The patterns I've noticed is that they don't seem to love any particular character, they just love that NXT 2.0 "has Characters and Storylines" because they're so broke-brained by WWE writing that they literally don't believe AEW has Characters or Storylines at all, and also this weird like "NXT 2.0 has Diversity" because they think everyone in AEW is white for some reason

bartok
May 10, 2006

IGgy IGsen posted:

May Bron Breakker be their new messiah. Until he suddenly starts talking like his father and his uncle.

I love the Breakker Bros.! Does Bron do a Frankenbreakker or even a Breakker Screwdriver?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

bartok posted:

I love the Breakker Bros.! Does Bron do a Frankenbreakker or even a Breakker Screwdriver?

His finishing move should be the Circuit Breaker. Maybe a canadian destroyer if he can do it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bartok posted:

I think he actually does do the former

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Has anyone tried mentioning to these guys saying Cole would have been huge in WWE that HHH felt he had to try to claim he was six feet when he clearly wasn't?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Drakkel posted:

The patterns I've noticed is that they don't seem to love any particular character, they just love that NXT 2.0 "has Characters and Storylines" because they're so broke-brained by WWE writing that they literally don't believe AEW has Characters or Storylines at all, and also this weird like "NXT 2.0 has Diversity" because they think everyone in AEW is white for some reason

The ‘AEW is too white’ discourse still gets me. Like sure surrounding the main title I get it, but like every other aspect of the company is incredibly diverse.

It’s like they don’t even watch the show. :v:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vandar posted:

The ‘AEW is too white’ discourse still gets me. Like sure surrounding the main title I get it, but like every other aspect of the company is incredibly diverse.

It’s like they don’t even watch the show. :v:

the best worst take i've read is that since WWE is doing the NIL program, they're doing more to recruit diverse talent (read: exploit young college athletes). even tho they just fired a bunch of POC weeks after calling them up from developmental and have ignored recruiting a lot of Black indie wrestlers in general

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's all disingenuous bullshit from people trying to score woke points

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Of WWE's initial NIL class of 15, nine are white, so not really a bad ratio, though obviously the discourse there ain't in good faith. I also don't think they've revealed the terms of the deals, so while I *suspect* "exploit young college athletes" is a correct read on it just from WWE's past performance, it's possible they're actually getting paid decent cash. In reality, we don't even know if a WWE NIL deal means they ever even make it to the PC. There's at least two football players in there who are potential NFL draftees, and even literally the last draftee is making waaaaaay more than a WWE developmental talent (and even more than a lot of main roster types).

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The NIL deals don't mean poo poo, it's just college athletes taking any bag they can get their hands on. I'll be stunned if any of them ever set foot in the PC.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity posted:

How quickly they forget John Cena's NFTs

I looked everywhere for those but I couldn't see them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Benne posted:

The NIL deals don't mean poo poo, it's just college athletes taking any bag they can get their hands on. I'll be stunned if any of them ever set foot in the PC.

the joker guy is gonna show up whether they invited him or not.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

Of WWE's initial NIL class of 15, nine are white, so not really a bad ratio, though obviously the discourse there ain't in good faith. I also don't think they've revealed the terms of the deals, so while I *suspect* "exploit young college athletes" is a correct read on it just from WWE's past performance, it's possible they're actually getting paid decent cash. In reality, we don't even know if a WWE NIL deal means they ever even make it to the PC. There's at least two football players in there who are potential NFL draftees, and even literally the last draftee is making waaaaaay more than a WWE developmental talent (and even more than a lot of main roster types).

If this article is anything to go by, quite a few of the NIL signees have no interest in or understanding of wrestling -- for them, it's just another way for them to draw eyeballs and, hopefully at some point, money.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I looked everywhere for those but I couldn't see them.

*bonk*

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Selachian posted:

If this article is anything to go by, quite a few of the NIL signees have no interest in or understanding of wrestling -- for them, it's just another way for them to draw eyeballs and, hopefully at some point, money.

It must be brutal for NXT signees seeing NIL deals worth more than their contracts.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Oil! posted:

It must be brutal for NXT signees seeing NIL deals worth more than their contracts.

wonder how old that hhh quote is

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/SeanCarlucci/status/945418850874658823

https://twitter.com/SeanCarlucci/status/1473728921422249991

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

drat dude got owned by two different little kid nephews years apart

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

His nephew has really slowly progressing Benjamin Button disease please respect his privacy

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

This might be one of the most WWE brained takes I have ever seen

https://twitter.com/Crump6Jayden/status/1473444956597637122

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Jayden Crump is an MXC rear end name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't know if "What do you want WWE to do? Make it interesting?" will fit in the thread title, but I'm not sure if anyone can top that.