Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr. Grinch posted:

ah yes the old "seat belts are pointless" argument

Do you belie there a chance in any level that we do lockdown policy even slightly near China or Vietnam scale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

sexpig by night posted:

Do you belie there a chance in any level that we do lockdown policy even slightly near China or Vietnam scale?

no I dont, and I posted that in response to the idiot talking about "eliminating" covid as if anyone believes that to be a feasible goal

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Mr. Grinch posted:

tl;dl IIRC, (I was doing something else at the time) basically matt says the only thing that would have gotten us out of the pandemic was a national lockdown (a real one like China did) and that door is closed because there is zero political will to do it, so what were collectively "doing" now as a solution is patting ourselves on the back for doing the right things (getting the vaccine, wearing masks while continuing to live as normal) and spurning the "bad" people dying in droves over the governments abject failure to respond appropriately

Yeah America is never locking down. Florida and a few other states made it illegal to do so.

Once there was no lock down after the initial wave it was game over.

e: Politically. There are ways to actually do this of course but that moment is long gone.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

net work error posted:

Yeah America is never locking down. Florida and a few other states made it illegal to do so.

Once there was no lock down after the initial wave it was game over.

this is part of the segment too is that it wasnt going to happen because we dont have a culture that encourages self sacrifice for the greater good
lockdown was never happening, so here we are

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Mr. Grinch posted:

no I dont, and I posted that in response to the idiot talking about "eliminating" covid as if anyone believes that to be a feasible goal

lots of people believe that you can eliminate covid using lockdowns, harsh border measures etc

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

They should just let Netflix control the COVID response - they never let anything go past 3 seasons

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Seams posted:

lots of people believe that you can eliminate covid using lockdowns, harsh border measures etc

eliminate =/= drastically reduce
I think most rational adults understand that viruses dont completely disappear

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Wizard Master posted:

They should just let Netflix control the COVID response - they never let anything go past 3 seasons

yes thank you we all saw this tweet too

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

papa horny michael posted:

you seem really stupid lol

You're the dumb one here hth [hope this helps]

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

ah hah their covid talk is really dumb

you seem really stupid lol

was there a specific point from the incredibly pedantic 20 minute tirade you want to refute or do you just wanna go with "lmao dumb"

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
It’s hard not to feel bad for the people who want to do zero-COVID practices because just living through the time when that kind of thing was even possible will paint your thinking for the rest of it, but it’s so widespread now there is no way whatsoever we will ever truly be rid of it. At this point with the way the virus has mutated, we will eradicate any progress a lockdown would accomplish in a month. The “lockdowns” we had in March 2020 weren’t even enough considering we were all still allowed to go to the grocery store or whatever, and even that was further than this country was even truly willing to go considering it lasted all of six weeks.

I still don’t like the statement from the Biden administration because of the fact that a lot of unvaccinated people are that way for economic reasons (they aren’t aware it’s free, they don’t have the means to go to even a local pharmacy, they’re homeless, etc.) but Matt’s logic is sound enough it’s not really worth raising an objection to.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

yeah i think the only disagreement so far is the guy posting "lol dumb"

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Yeah, I don't think people are mad about the Biden statement because it's mean, they're mad because it throws children and the immunocompromised in the same group as anti-vaxxers and tells them they're all hosed, and ignores the fact that vaccinated people are at risk too, and is just a complete abrogation of the idea that the federal government should do anything at all to try to control an epidemic that's been killing 1,000 people a day,

the statement didnt do that

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
Folx, allow me to interject in this pointless name-calling to bring you:

https://twitter.com/telefeminism/status/1473310212249554946

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Farm Frenzy posted:

the statement didnt do that

Yeah it did

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
lmao

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
the army solved covid, even omicron. no worries, and we can have more live shows and laughter
https://twitter.com/TaraCopp/status/1473447367986888713?s=20

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Androies posted:

I think I like it. Not sure what "natural immunity" is, though.

I would definitely be willing to wear a WWI gas mask, especially if I had to go on a plane.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
making sure to make dumb xanax jokes and making sure my useless outer mask is a scold statement to drive home how seriously I take this and how this isn't performative bullshit at all

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

prefect posted:

I think I like it. Not sure what "natural immunity" is, though.

it means the dumbass scold already caught it at least once

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

sexpig by night posted:

making sure to make dumb xanax jokes and making sure my useless outer mask is a scold statement to drive home how seriously I take this and how this isn't performative bullshit at all

Maybe she's just really afraid of flying? :shrug:

Although yeah, the "vote" mask is obnoxious.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Androies posted:

Lmao

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
https://twitter.com/telefeminism/status/1473347339289042950

gently caress I forgot to post the follow-up with even more scolding of everyone around her.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It's time to hold the chapos accountable for covid.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Androies posted:

https://twitter.com/telefeminism/status/1473347339289042950

gently caress I forgot to post the follow-up with even more scolding of everyone around her.

see this is what it means when people say we're long past the point of no return.

Like, let's pretend this is an 'ideal' situation for the context and every single person there is traveling for an essential reason, the fact that those reasons still exist in such large numbers is the core issue not getting smug about a ~non CDC approved mask~ and poo poo, but we're so loving beaten down and hopeless we turn the anger we should be feeling to the government against others, so this dumb rear end in a top hat spends her time making performative 'LOOK HOW MUCH BETTER I'M DOING THE PANDEMIC THAN THE PLEBES, LOOK HOW MUCH I CARE, I CARE SO MUCH MORE THAN THEM' poo poo.

We're not fixing this until the core problems are addressed, scolding some other miserable piece of poo poo because their exception to the rules is different than yours won't do anything!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
To be fair I don't think that dumb Twitter nerd is representative of a statistically significant portion of the population

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Heath posted:

To be fair I don't think that dumb Twitter nerd is representative of a statistically significant portion of the population

no she's 100% a pervert but just the general vibe of spending more time being angry at a rando not wearing a mask you approve of than being angry that both of you have to be out during a plague because the government isn't going to support you and you can't afford to miss work is the same root issue.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

If you're that worried about it, you shouldn't be flying during the week of Christmas. I think she just wanted to show off and tweet a cool selfie.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
2 hours of Will and Felix analyzing TikToks? Don't mind if I do

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

2 hours of Will and Felix analyzing TikToks? Don't mind if I do

lol hell yes

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

the army solved covid, even omicron. no worries, and we can have more live shows and laughter
https://twitter.com/TaraCopp/status/1473447367986888713?s=20

this is how the american carnatiom revolution begins

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

sexpig by night posted:

see this is what it means when people say we're long past the point of no return.

Like, let's pretend this is an 'ideal' situation for the context and every single person there is traveling for an essential reason, the fact that those reasons still exist in such large numbers is the core issue not getting smug about a ~non CDC approved mask~ and poo poo, but we're so loving beaten down and hopeless we turn the anger we should be feeling to the government against others, so this dumb rear end in a top hat spends her time making performative 'LOOK HOW MUCH BETTER I'M DOING THE PANDEMIC THAN THE PLEBES, LOOK HOW MUCH I CARE, I CARE SO MUCH MORE THAN THEM' poo poo.

We're not fixing this until the core problems are addressed, scolding some other miserable piece of poo poo because their exception to the rules is different than yours won't do anything!

I also agree that the person wearing the mask is the problem. We should get even more worked up than they were at any point about it.
Stupid pandemic!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Futanari Damacy posted:

I also agree that the person wearing the mask is the problem. We should get even more worked up than they were at any point about it.
Stupid pandemic!

got a live one

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Ngl the private hell of living like that is probably punishment enough, which is why I don’t get how posters like the one above are seemingly even more upset by the person taking measures than anything else

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Imagine feeling hurt or caring about someone wearing a mask lol just look away from that poo poo

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Pretty hosed up some people in the airport aren’t openly embracing death like a cspam meme poster, super weird actually

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
For some good felix content, check out his guests on Street fight radio stuff. The shocktober series talking about radio shockjocks with felix are real good

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Pretty hosed up some people in the airport aren’t openly embracing death like a cspam meme poster, super weird actually

you seem super pleasant but sorry i'm social distancing

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/telefeminism/status/1471861414902083586?t=u68ffdlx4hkqE9dpsStFaQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Futanari Damacy posted:

Stupid pandemic!

Nobody’s saying not to wear a mask we’re saying that it’s too late for zero-COVID policies to be effective and living your life like you still can is just rituals you perform to make yourself feel better about the fact that you’re still flying out to see your family.