Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Nice start to my Godhead journey. Really regret not picking up the key pieces because I definitely could have whooped Mega Satan and Delirium. I had the Spindown Dice in the Dark Room and was getting a ton of chests thanks to Perfection, and there was probably some insane galaxy brain reroll poo poo I could have pulled off to get an item to open the door but I didn't want to deal with it lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
What is going on with that Post-It Note?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I think it's the mod that shows which item is unlocked from which boss, in goferchans case, their Lost unlocks

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Psychedelicatessen posted:

I think it's the mod that shows which item is unlocked from which boss, in goferchans case, their Lost unlocks

Ohhhhh neat

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i forgot that isaac’s heart is a lost unlock. that’s very funny

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Yeah exactly. Any little thing to stop me from having to switch to a wiki every few runs lol

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

It took me six hours of attempts to actually clear this challenge (because I am very bad at the videogame), but man i am really looking forward to seeing this item on my future runs :)

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I started getting back in to this with the Repentance Switch release, but I keep running in to the same problem that Greed mode loving sucks and I hate doing it but also doing the new path without Lost holy mantle is a loving nightmare.

There any good ways to scum up greed donation machine on whatever version Switch is on? I know they hosed over a lot of the old stuff like d20 spam and blank card.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Homebrewed? You can download a save or edit that current save. I'd got most things unlocked on Afterbirth but not everything. When repentance came out I got a completed afterbirth save downloaded so I just had Repentance things to work on.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Sad Panda posted:

Homebrewed? You can download a save or edit that current save. I'd got most things unlocked on Afterbirth but not everything. When repentance came out I got a completed afterbirth save downloaded so I just had Repentance things to work on.

Sadly no. If I could actively cheat past it I’d have done that a while ago.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Vegastar posted:

I started getting back in to this with the Repentance Switch release, but I keep running in to the same problem that Greed mode loving sucks and I hate doing it but also doing the new path without Lost holy mantle is a loving nightmare.

There any good ways to scum up greed donation machine on whatever version Switch is on? I know they hosed over a lot of the old stuff like d20 spam and blank card.

I also want to know. I've been playing it with Lilith almost exclusively and I've gotten some good runs, but it's still slow and I hear it nerfs the amount you can donate before jamming if you just play one character? Edmund whyyyy

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

woke kaczynski posted:

I also want to know. I've been playing it with Lilith almost exclusively and I've gotten some good runs, but it's still slow and I hear it nerfs the amount you can donate before jamming if you just play one character? Edmund whyyyy

Whenever you put a coin in the machine, the jam chance increases. This is tracked separately for each character.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

It also starts to go back down if you play enough other characters? It's a bit of a pain but eventually you get it done.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
greedier mode makes it so the percentage stays locked at like 1 or 2%.

the problem here is that you have to play greedier mode.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

the irony of greedier mode is that the extra boss phase is easier than the first Ultra Greed phase since it doesn't actually have boss armor.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's kinda lame the second form just uses Chorus Mortis still instead of new theme or anything.

Like couldn't they have used Antibirth's ultra greed music? Weren't they already working on Repentence? :iiam:

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Say you win the Isaac lottery and find Death Certificate in the secret room on floor 1. What do you grab?

Is it just Sacred Heart or Sacred Orb?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Rock Bottom every goddamn time

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Isn't the void supposed to be a 100% chance to spawn after beating Hush?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

It doesn't spawn per say, if you go to the upper/upper right there's another door that opens you can go into that has a void portal guaranteed.

But save yourself the trouble if you're playing PC and install the Always Void mod. You can't always make hush with a good build, and Delirium is annoying enough to fight even with a busted build that knowing you can always get to the Void in Chest/Dark Room makes it way less stressful.

Only cavet is that if you have Always Void enabled to force the portal after killing Mega Stan it breaks his unlocks, so turn it off if you plan on fighting him.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i should really get around to unlocking Percs because yes, more Wafer-like effects please

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So uh I walked into Delirium's room and it was just missing 80% of it's HP.

c..ool? :iiam:

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Evil Kit posted:

the irony of greedier mode is that the extra boss phase is easier than the first Ultra Greed phase since it doesn't actually have boss armor.

They fixed this finally! Greed will die quickly to busted builds!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Acerbatus posted:

So uh I walked into Delirium's room and it was just missing 80% of it's HP.

c..ool? :iiam:

Did you happen to have uh.... a golden Tick and Mom's Box or something? Idk, otherwise I'm stumped.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Do you remember what bosses you fought in the run? Segmented bosses had a history of causing issues with HP, sometimes purely visual and it's just the health bar that looks that way and it still has 10000 HP. Sometimes not actually visual and you got lucky enough to be stuck with a short fight. Could have been a different boss not playing nicely either.

Any other items or item combos you think might've been responsible?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Araxxor posted:

Do you remember what bosses you fought in the run? Segmented bosses had a history of causing issues with HP, sometimes purely visual and it's just the health bar that looks that way and it still has 10000 HP. Sometimes not actually visual and you got lucky enough to be stuck with a short fight. Could have been a different boss not playing nicely either.

Any other items or item combos you think might've been responsible?

I think something happened when it turned into Hollow or whatever the Larry Jr variation was, I had the mega short range piercing tears so I think that's what did it in so fast.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Acerbatus posted:

I think something happened when it turned into Hollow or whatever the Larry Jr variation was, I had the mega short range piercing tears so I think that's what did it in so fast.

Yeah there have always been some weird (but beneficial) interactions with piercing tears and segmented bosses. You also just might have nuked the boss at the right moment, whenever it briefly transforms into "normal" Delirium and isn't in a boss form it doesn't have super armor.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Only once but :toot:

I like the Dogma and Beast save file images, but wasn't there another one with the Beast's actual non-skeletal corpse or did I just hallucinate that?

goferchan posted:

Yeah there have always been some weird (but beneficial) interactions with piercing tears and segmented bosses. You also just might have nuked the boss at the right moment, whenever it briefly transforms into "normal" Delirium and isn't in a boss form it doesn't have super armor.

That's weird.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The Job Character mod is even more insane than I thought. After you complete a full Post-It for either version of the character, you unlock a menu with a bunch of achievements in it like "Reach 12 tears stat" or "Beat Satan with no evil or angelic items" and each one has a point value associated with it, and then you can use the points to unlock alternate "tainted" versions of each of the character's unlockables. It's so far beyond the scope of what I would expect a mod to be able to do, and the fact that there aren't any others like it make me think it was kind of a crazy undertaking.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Acerbatus posted:

It's kinda lame the second form just uses Chorus Mortis still instead of new theme or anything.

Like couldn't they have used Antibirth's ultra greed music? Weren't they already working on Repentence? :iiam:

they didn't use any of antibirth's music for whatever reason. a real shame since mudeth's tracks are by far the best ones, but you can use music mods to insert the antibirth music in all of the appropriate places

Rothon
Jan 4, 2012

goferchan posted:

Yeah exactly. Any little thing to stop me from having to switch to a wiki every few runs lol

What's the name of that mod? I looked around in the Workshop for a while but couldn't find it.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

Only once but :toot:

I like the Dogma and Beast save file images, but wasn't there another one with the Beast's actual non-skeletal corpse or did I just hallucinate that?

That's weird.

Are you thinking of the save file images you'd get from having 3,000,000% completed right when repentance dropped?

(bad pic, but the only one I could find)

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Acerbatus posted:

https://bindingofisaacrebirth.fandom.com/wiki/Savefile_Images#Dogma_.26_The_Beast_Progress

No, just the skull.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

lmao I was looking for a page with this exact information a while back. How did I not find this

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What does the job mod's tainted job do?

Maybe some youtuber made it as a thumbnail or something, weird. I remember it just having the Xd out eyes like for beating mother basically.

Jazerus posted:

they didn't use any of antibirth's music for whatever reason. a real shame since mudeth's tracks are by far the best ones, but you can use music mods to insert the antibirth music in all of the appropriate places

I like a lot of Repentence's music but yeah the antibirth ost kicks rear end.

It'd be cool if there was a menu to pick it all, but I think the musician for the original parted ways.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Jazerus posted:

Edmund liked the tracks, but he thought the tone of the OST wasn't fitting for Isaac, which is why it didn't make it in officially.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think at the end of it, Dogma is my favorite 'final' boss for Isaac even if it was the only one (other than mom i guess) that was never actually a final boss.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Acerbatus posted:

I think at the end of it, Dogma is my favorite 'final' boss for Isaac even if it was the only one (other than mom i guess) that was never actually a final boss.

:hmmyes:

Dogma's the best boss fight in the game

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Araxxor posted:

Edmund liked the tracks, but he thought the tone of the OST wasn't fitting for Isaac, which is why it didn't make it in officially.

edmund continuing to gently caress up the aesthetic of his own game? i'm shocked

Acerbatus posted:

What does the job mod's tainted job do?

Maybe some youtuber made it as a thumbnail or something, weird. I remember it just having the Xd out eyes like for beating mother basically.

I like a lot of Repentence's music but yeah the antibirth ost kicks rear end.

It'd be cool if there was a menu to pick it all, but I think the musician for the original parted ways.

you want the "classic music antibirth edition" mod on the workshop if you want danny baranowsky (original isaac) + mudeth as your soundtrack. personally i think it blows the official rebirth/afterbirth/antibirth soundtracks out of the water

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Dec 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
welp

finally buckled down to get rock bottom, which requires jacob and esau to beat boss rush. On Depth II, I stumble into Genesis for the first time! Hell yeah this is a guaranteed win!

Oh it just brings you to the next floor? I guess I won't get boss rush, or any other unlocks without the polaroid