Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Skeleton Ape posted:

I'm in the software world and we have been "hiring" nothing but temps who need to be trained to git gud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Shanghaied posted:

None of these things are constitutionally possible.

Yeah, I know. What I’m proposing is essentially a declaration of Civil War, but it’s literally based on Trump’s plan for 1/6. Declare emergency, invoke Insurrection Act, throw out votes/elections that favor the opposition.

At least I have the courtesy to actually prove election fraud first. :lol:

Xenocides posted:

This is probably the best hope for the future. Either Trump is discarded or dies and the grifters eat each other up until the GOP kills itself off as everyone fights for scraps and the whole thing slips into irrelevancy. Then a new party replaces them or the GOP is rebuilt into an actual political party again.

I knew a normie Dem voter a few years ago who earnestly thought the GOP would split into two parties if he lost the 2020 election; one pro-Trump and one anti-Trump.

At this point I think it’s more likely that the Democratic Party fractures. There’s Republican and there’s NotRepublican, and that second group forms an incoherent coalition that includes both Ilhan Omar and Joe Manchin.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Liquid Chicken posted:

....to summarize, many conservatives are wimps and bedwetters who can't handle people different from themselves.

they're also super homophobic because they are abused by creeps in church/home and never seek therapy because the chuch/home abuse them into not doing so. their version of normal is very much not normal.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

LifeSunDeath posted:

The person in the picture I posted was arrested for grifting, one of very few ever....and he just came right back and kept on grifting into old age.

My grandparents gave him thousands of dollars after it became public that he gave Hahn all that money to shut her up about raping her.

Because it was a real shame what the media did to that true man of God, and no true man of God would do that to a loving harlot anyway.

Gave a fuckload of money to Falwell, too.

Now they're broke living in a home and can't remember gently caress-all.

Anyway, televangelists make me murderously angry for some reason.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

My grandparents gave him thousands of dollars after it became public that he gave Hahn all that money to shut her up about raping her.

Because it was a real shame what the media did to that true man of God, and no true man of God would do that to a loving harlot anyway.

Just remember that Joel Osteen is still out there, denying people safe harbor from hurricanes.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

LifeSunDeath posted:

Just remember that Joel Osteen is still out there, denying people safe harbor from hurricanes.

love how he's gonna just get away with laundering "stolen" money as cash in the wall of a toilet in his stupid "church"

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPd6eeJD6/

He knows

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Yeah it's Reddit, but the Herman Cain Award subreddit is hosting a contest for shirt designs

I like this one

Sadly, :horsedrugs: isn't on this big-name lineup.

EDIT: This is a great one, too.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Liquid Chicken posted:

https://medium.com/the-radical-center/why-they-hated-mr-rogers-and-his-neighborhood-5140201ede30

Why They Hated Mr. Rogers and His Neighborhood...

Conservative loud-mouth Andrew Klavan told people on The Daily Wire that Rogers “modeled the misguided form of Christian manhood that looks so much like metrosexual wimpiness it’s really difficult to tell the difference.”

....to summarize, many conservatives are wimps and bedwetters who can't handle people different from themselves.

For the bolded, I always wonder where the inverse of this even exists in conservatism outside of transparently performative "manhood", and what is it supposed to look like. So, conservative males were all raised to be "real men". Got it. But I don't think I've ever known a conservative man that was anything but a useless drunk rear end in a top hat dad who bought the big truck lift kit because "REAL MEN DRIVE BIG TRUCKS" or some lazy childish poo poo. Like, what's a "real man" supposed to look like? Trump? I'm pretty sure the guy still shits himself and cries for someone to wipe him.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Cornwind Evil posted:

I was being serious. The answer is a mix of a few dozen factors that interlock with each other in such a way it's like solving a jigsaw puzzle in pitch blackness. Yeah you could probably do it EVENTUALLY, but it's not just something that could be reduced to a page of bullet points.

I was asking a serious question.

Yeah, I know there's no easy solution to fix the large number of factors that have caused the destruction of the United States from within. I also understand that right-wing Americans are too ignorant and lazy to make any effort towards salvaging our pseudo-democracy. It is frustrating.

Cornwind Evil posted:

Every time a critic talks about how the Republicans love the taste of Trump's boots, I just wince. Maybe 5 percent of them, the Grahams of the party. The rest are kissing his ring so they can get a good luck at it and get aroused at how good it's gonna look on their finger. That's how narcissist psychopaths think: they're god on this world, everyone else is scum or people they can out-manipulate, and his masses will easily fall in line.

Other politicians see Trumpy Bear that way, sure, but I think you underestimate the percentage of the general population who crave authoritarian leadership and being told what to believe. Humans are herd animals, like wild turkeys. Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Stoatbringer posted:

:byodood: We will never stop fighting against Critical Thought Theory!

LOL!!!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

The Fear posted:

who's down with ctt?

Yeah, you know me!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Xenocides posted:

And if all goes well then after Sulla, sorry, Buttigieg relinquishes power I am sure that that path to “fixing” things will remain closed and locked forever and will never be tried again.

On an unrelated note I am hearing good things about this Julius guy. Seems like he is a bit of an up and comer on the political scene and is looking to make a big splash.

Don't blame me, I voted for Caligula!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

tek79 posted:

For the bolded, I always wonder where the inverse of this even exists in conservatism outside of transparently performative "manhood", and what is it supposed to look like. So, conservative males were all raised to be "real men". Got it. But I don't think I've ever known a conservative man that was anything but a useless drunk rear end in a top hat dad who bought the big truck lift kit because "REAL MEN DRIVE BIG TRUCKS" or some lazy childish poo poo. Like, what's a "real man" supposed to look like? Trump? I'm pretty sure the guy still shits himself and cries for someone to wipe him.

Conservative American Christians pretend that the most important story in the New Testament (John 2:13-16) just doesn't exist

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Xenocides posted:

And if all goes well then after Sulla, sorry, Buttigieg relinquishes power I am sure that that path to “fixing” things will remain closed and locked forever and will never be tried again.

On an unrelated note I am hearing good things about this Julius guy. Seems like he is a bit of an up and comer on the political scene and is looking to make a big splash.

I think you will find that Rome fell because the state started to distribute free grain to its poorest citizens.

Welfare, not even once.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Shanghaied posted:

I think you will find that Rome fell because the state started to distribute free grain to its poorest citizens.

Welfare, not even once.

That definitely bread dissension in the populace

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Liquid Chicken posted:

https://medium.com/the-radical-center/why-they-hated-mr-rogers-and-his-neighborhood-5140201ede30

All humans are primitive, savage animals who've only recently achieved "civilization" through diligent group effort.

Conservatives refuse to accept that they are feral creatures as well, even as they actively oppose civilization while feeling entitled to all of the perks and benefits it offers them.

Right-wingers always comprise the laziest, greediest idiots from our stupid species.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Brawnfire posted:

That definitely bread dissension in the populace

:frogout:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Bogus Adventure posted:

My name is Arklon, the Maximum Ruler of Arok, and I approve this message.

Beware the Eye of Braxus!!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I was asking a serious question.

Yeah, I know there's no easy solution to fix the large number of factors that have caused the destruction of the United States from within. I also understand that right-wing Americans are too ignorant and lazy to make any effort towards salvaging our pseudo-democracy. It is frustrating.

Other politicians see Trumpy Bear that way, sure, but I think you underestimate the percentage of the general population who crave authoritarian leadership and being told what to believe. Humans are herd animals, like wild turkeys. Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!

It's Gooble Gobble not Gobble Gobble
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXyB7niEc0

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Batterypowered7 posted:

You might have heard of a little someone by the name of John Titor.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

pixaal posted:

It's Gooble Gobble not Gobble Gobble
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXyB7niEc0

Are you sure it's not Goebbles, Goebbels, Göring?

Edit:

quote:

The contemporary American fascist movement is led by oligarchical interests for whom the public good is an impediment, such as those in the hydrocarbon business, as well as a social, political, and religious movement with roots in the Confederacy. As in all fascist movements, these forces have found a popular leader unconstrained by the rules of democracy, this time in the figure of Donald Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/22/america-fascism-legal-phase

Gutter Phoenix fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Dec 22, 2021

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It all fuckin sucks and it ain’t getting any better LMAO 🤣😂🤣

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

I'M SORUY TO REPORT HUMOR DIED OF CORINA VIRUS AT 39 🤣😂🤣

GOD BLESS

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Strong Sauce posted:

his daughter tried to murder him but his boomer brain lives on

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1472589451721388044

lmao. Clean your room while your computer reboots jorp

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Shanghaied posted:

Welfare, not even once.

US conservative "intellectual" contributions are really weird. It's like you give the barely literate bottom feeders of US accademia an oversized trumpet to hold to their asses.

Ben Shapiro (lol) is played up to be a towering "intellectual" of the right.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

old beast lunatic posted:

Be PRECISE when you sign into your MS Office

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'M SORUY TO REPORT HUMOR DIED OF CORINA VIRUS AT 39 🤣😂🤣

GOD BLESS

GET WELL SOOn 😂🤣😹

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Power Khan posted:

Ben Shapiro

towering

?

??

???

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

old beast lunatic posted:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Counterpoint:

LOL!!!!!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

GET WELL SOOn 😂🤣😹

IT IS NOT IT IT'S DEAD GODBLESS 🦋🦝siri siri siri is this right

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Just loving LOL!!!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:sigh:

Yup.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

LifeSunDeath posted:

Just loving LOL!!!

Will do.

LOL!!!!!!

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

(Shhhhhh, it's a joke)

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

MrQwerty posted:

I don't know all the details because it happened when I was young and the story has only been told to me. My dad worked in state level emergency preparedness/management and was at a FEMA conference of in the early 90s, I believe in the Dakotas or Montana, somewhere out west anyway. I don't know why Jerry Falwell was at this conference, but for some reason on the steps of the State House he drew a gun on a group of people including my dad. So gently caress that guy and his son.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Chief McHeath posted:

I don't know all the details because it happened when I was young and the story has only been told to me. My dad worked in state level emergency preparedness/management and was at a FEMA conference of in the early 90s, I believe in the Dakotas or Montana, somewhere out west anyway. I don't know why Jerry Falwell was at this conference, but for some reason on the steps of the State House he drew a gun on a group of people including my dad. So gently caress that guy and his son.

and now I post Hustler in the Trump thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Power Khan posted:

Ben Shapiro (lol) is played up to be a towering "intellectual" of the right.
Their last "legitimate" intellectual sounded like he was bred in a Princeton Regatta club and resorted to hollering about beating his intellectual opposite when accused of being a fash.