Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Eimi posted:

Yeah I mean I think the NieR raids were actually fun, and Ivalice was pretty crap in my eyes.

Yeah the Nier raids were a blast. The story was fine if nothing special (and I liked it better than the Ivalice story, which is sad because I am a huge Ivalice fan) but the actual fights are super fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

cythereal I remain baffled as to why you keep playing this game considering that you don't seem to like any of the gameplay or most of the story

Eimi posted:

Also true. If getting Orbonne was like getting Praetorium, I'd be fine doing Orbonne. I mean not on black mage as I loathe over 50 black mage, but on other classes.

??????????

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

King of Solomon posted:

I would like this.

Yeah, this would be a great change.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Badger of Basra posted:

cythereal I remain baffled as to why you keep playing this game considering that you don't seem to like any of the gameplay or most of the story

??????????

BLM was my old main in ARR, Enochian straight up made the class worse to me. It was a really chill caster where you just reacted to procs and now you have to fight the fiddle loving timer and juggle spells and when you gently caress up it feels awful. It's insanely stressful to me and lost all of the things I liked from it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Badger of Basra posted:

I enjoy the gameplay! I don't enjoy hard content. I play games to relax and turn my brain off. There's vanishingly few games I play to be challenged. I enjoy ADR because I can set it to be something easy and low-effort at present, for my two cents on the current conversation.

I also enjoy most of the story! There's just some characters I absolutely despise and hate every second they're on screen, and Endwalker gives a couple of those characters big roles and in ways that have a disproportionate impact on my enjoyment of the story. And for what's supposed to be a grand farewell and curtain call, only one of my ten or so favorite characters in the game got more than thirty seconds of screen time in Endwalker, though I know that at least one other has a major role in a class role story I haven't done [yet].

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Conversely, if they did this I might stop running alliance raid roulettes at all. I do not like raiding in this game at all, but if the roulette can be set to something quick and easy with decent rewards, I'll do that.
i also wish you would stop playing the game so it sounds like a win/win

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

People don't want to try and those are the easiest to AFK through and force everyone else to do the heavy lifting for them. That's it really.

It's this, every time I get a CT raid in ADR there's invariably two or three people afking at spawn for every single encounter and it's really frustrating + makes braindead boring content I've run a billion times last even longer than it should. I kind of wish the game had better ways of detecting and automatically booting AFK people (you see it a lot in Frontline too) but I don't know how you'd do it without punishing legitimate players from time to time so I understand why they haven't done anything about it.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Enochian doesn't have a timer

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Draxion posted:

Enochian doesn't have a timer

It used to, I have three expansions of ptsd about blm. And you're still fighting AF because of how the class is designed. I think it's the only class in game where you're left fighting a stupid rear end timer.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Any time I think "oh man, I feel like doing some tough content, bring it on" I end up in CT, bored out of my mind.

Any time I think "I guess I'll knock out trial roulette really quick before logging off" I get Titania or SoS. Just yesterday I did that and got the second raid in EW, it ended up taking a half hour with several wipes :negative:

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Chillgamesh posted:

It's this, every time I get a CT raid in ADR there's invariably two or three people afking at spawn for every single encounter and it's really frustrating + makes braindead boring content I've run a billion times last even longer than it should. I kind of wish the game had better ways of detecting and automatically booting AFK people (you see it a lot in Frontline too) but I don't know how you'd do it without punishing legitimate players from time to time so I understand why they haven't done anything about it.

24mans need to let us votekick people from the other parties IMO

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My general assumption is that my brain is too small for BLM. There are so many things on that job gauge and I gotta keep track of my AF/UI timer and whatever Umbral Hearts are and now there's another thing on there too

But then if I play RDM I just get to go "haha melee combo go slash"

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Fighting a timer on BLM is the price i gladly pay for constant 540 potency gcds

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I recognize at this point it's no longer for me, but I can still be bitter they murdered the first job I fell in love with in this game. :colbert:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I think I've posted this before but BLM is really easy if you can count to three

90 BLM is also very fun and cool and if it went back to being proc mage I would drop it in an instant, it was so loving boring

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

You were also "fighting" Astral Fire at 50 in ARR so I don't understand this complaint. :psyduck:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Gruckles posted:

24mans need to let us votekick people from the other parties IMO

This would be great.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

On the other hand as BLM I actually now care very little about mechanics due to having upto 7 swiftcasts and being able to constantly teleport to someone else that probably knows what they're doing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The timer is a massive non issue now since you have a comical amount of instacasts.

Also the raid thing is dumb. If you don't want to do raids don't queue for it. It isn't the best exp to time ratio and if all you want is chill easy exp Bozja is right there and fates are only slightly less while letting you grind for big money items.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 22, 2021

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Begemot posted:

Any time I think "oh man, I feel like doing some tough content, bring it on" I end up in CT, bored out of my mind.

Any time I think "I guess I'll knock out trial roulette really quick before logging off" I get Titania or SoS. Just yesterday I did that and got the second raid in EW, it ended up taking a half hour with several wipes :negative:

God I hate CT and I hate the people who make me have to do it so often who arent literally newbies doing their mandatory clear and people actually levelling a 50-59 class. Absolutely shove it in with castrum and prae. Add some unskippable cutscenes to the CT raids so they take as long as prae to balance things so people dont bail on prae. Like I dunno give Amon a musical number.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A Sometimes Food posted:

Like I dunno give Amon a musical number.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLGPTHpCqSI

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

You were also "fighting" Astral Fire at 50 in ARR so I don't understand this complaint. :psyduck:

No you weren't, every spell you cast in fire phase refreshed it. You only lost AF if the boss went invincible.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Arist posted:

I really don't understand the argument that Alliance Duty Roulette's rewards are too low to make non-Crystal Tower raids worth it.

The SB and SB raids are just longer already and then the fights are still pubby slayers ao it goes on even longer and yet still gets the same rewards as the significantly shorter and easier CT series. It's not worth the stress to do the rest and since the while point of the roulette is to bribe more experienced players with rewards to redo content over and over that's a failure on the roulette.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Begemot posted:

I don't get what makes Hydaelyn such a wipe magnet. None of her mechanics are that trying or a strung together in a particularly overwhelming way, I guess they hit pretty hard but it shouldn't be anything players haven't seen plenty of times before, even Dawn Mantle is just Midgardsormr's spinny thing again and that's her only real trick

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I once queued for Alliance and got into a Nier raid (Bunker) and then left immediately. I would have done anything else. I'm sorry, they just have so much HP and I wanted something quick. I'd like them perfectly fine if bosses died about two minutes faster than they do.

I usually just suck it up, but one time I didn't, and I had to get it off my chest.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the secret is bosses actually do die pretty quickly even in the higher end raids if people are even pretending to try.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

multijoe posted:

I don't get what makes Hydaelyn such a wipe magnet. None of her mechanics are that trying or a strung together in a particularly overwhelming way, I guess they hit pretty hard but it shouldn't be anything players haven't seen plenty of times before, even Dawn Mantle is just Midgardsormr's spinny thing again and that's her only real trick

Most players with a brain do the trust so all that's left are the dregs. That's why it's wipe city.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

It would probably be fair to give additional EXP/tomestones at the end of the higher level raids, but also I think if they fixed the manipulation and people were more regularly doing the fights that actually have mechanics you can't just AFK through and skip entirely then they might learn them and stop wiping so much too.

Gruckles fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 22, 2021

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

People have been saying raids got harder after the squish but they feel the same to me? Prob it's just people AFKing more than usual. Like Syrcus still dies at the same pace.

Anyways my policy for roulette is I'll leave if I get the same raid in a row 3 times when I have more available or I get a raid not on Khloe and I really want that checkmark.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Cythereal posted:

I enjoy the gameplay! I don't enjoy hard content. I play games to relax and turn my brain off. There's vanishingly few games I play to be challenged. I enjoy ADR because I can set it to be something easy and low-effort at present, for my two cents on the current conversation.

It’s not that you “don’t enjoy hard content.” It’s that you “don’t want to have to do any content that requires any thought at all.”

The only “hard” content in the game is ex trials and savage raids, for the most part.

To act like the Ivalice raids or Nier raids are “hard content” is insane.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Copied goes down fast with current ilvl, you don't even see all the mechanics if people try, just a little.

Wanting 50 BLM back is insane, there was absolutely nothing to do there besides stand still and slowcast Fire 1. Nothing to weave in, no burst, nothing to do during movement except hope you have a proc. It stinks!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Mordiceius posted:

It’s not that you “don’t enjoy hard content.” It’s that you “don’t want to have to do any content that requires any thought at all.”

The only “hard” content in the game is ex trials and savage raids, for the most part.

For me, the Nier raids were incredibly difficult and frustrating, especially loving Copied Factory.

I do not have good reflexes or situational awareness, so I guess that means I'm just bad at MMOs. I'm okay with that.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I think I figured out what it is about the BLM job gauge that makes my brain short circuit

It's the fact that it has both a numerical timer for AF/UI and also the meter that counts down to your next Polyglot stack. My brain wants the meter and the numerical timer to be for the same thing, but because they're not, I just get confused.

I'm sure I'd get used to it if I actually played it for a while.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Cythereal posted:

For me, the Nier raids were incredibly difficult and frustrating, especially loving Copied Factory.

I do not have good reflexes or situational awareness, so I guess that means I'm just bad at MMOs. I'm okay with that.

Have you considered not playing a game you're really bad at and hate

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

People have been saying raids got harder after the squish but they feel the same to me? Prob it's just people AFKing more than usual. Like Syrcus still dies at the same pace.

Anyways my policy for roulette is I'll leave if I get the same raid in a row 3 times when I have more available or I get a raid not on Khloe and I really want that checkmark.

Anecdotally it seems like the SB content is more challenging post-squish. Probably contributes to people avoiding the Ivalice raids, especially noted pubbie slayer Orbonne.

If they gave proportional exp rewards for the time invested it'd probably help with the CT-fixers. At this point, especially with the dungeon exp boost, I've just been skipping ally roullettes (and trials too for similar reasons). I'm pretty bad, but there's some very bad pubbies out there lately.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

multijoe posted:

Have you considered not playing a game you're really bad at and hate

Have you considered that different people enjoy different things about a game than you do.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Have you considered that different people enjoy different things about a game than you do.

I mean I enjoy complaining about things as much as anyone but I wouldn't sub to a game just to do so

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Mordiceius posted:

As much as I disagree with almost everything Cythereal says, hard content is a very subjective term. Any number of things can be at play here, ranging from motor control, reflexes, attention, concentration, memory, multitasking, timing, anxiety, or even lazyness or apathy. I know plenty of people who struggle with story-level content at min ilevel, and I know they're trying. I'm not going to begrudge anyone for that.

ADR queue manipulation is still bullshit though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
If you’re struggling with mechanics, try turning on legacy controls. It makes movement so much easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
If you're not good at higher-end Alliance raids to the point that it's actively unpleasant to you, that is what it is. But you're making things worse for others by purposely stripping off gear to force the bonus roulette to give you something lower. Maybe just don't run it and find another source for tomes and xp? It's perfectly legit to log in and not want to do something more challenging than what you're in the mood for, but when I'm in that mood, I like... go craft or grind FATEs or something.